[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be cancerous to buy a DENUVO infested game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: D44M baron of hell.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
D44M baron of hell.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
Would it be cancerous to buy a DENUVO infested game?
>>
No, it's pretty good
>>
Yeah. I'm skipping Dude Sex because of that bullshit.
>>
>>339421962
Yes, DRM only hurts the paying customers. 99% of the people that would pirate this game wouldn't have bought anyway.
>>
If I could pirate it and try it for myself I may have been convinced to pay quite a bit of money for it based on how good it might have been, I've done that before. As it is, I can't so I'm just gonna wait til its impulse purchase tier price, $5. Great job Bethsoft, you're really making bank with your DRM.
>>
Pirating a game BECAUSE of DRM is like breaking into a house BECAUSE it has a home security system.

It's foolhardy at best, and it makes the DRM self-justifying at worst. Either way, you're an idiot.
>>
>>339421962
I bought it because it's well optimized and a good game, but I've been buying games for a few years now
>>
I've only played the first four levels but I'm liking it so far.
I don't like how the barons of hell don't have their signature plasma attack from the originals, instead being a berserker of sorts.
>>
>>339423205
Those are hell knights. Similar, but different.

The Barons come in later, and totally do have their plasma projectiles
>>
File: 1410257785587.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1410257785587.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>339422941
Nice analogy family.
>>
File: 1460892242142.jpg (35 KB, 745x537) Image search: [Google]
1460892242142.jpg
35 KB, 745x537
Buying games like these is cancer. You don't want to support the development of these games, instead I only purchase games with anime characters or weeb aesthetics. This western dudebro shit needs to die.
>>
>>339421962
Yes. Which is a shame, because the game looks good. But I'm unwilling to have games containing DRM like that on my hard drive.
>>
>>339424230
Why?
>>
>>339422228
>Yes, DRM only hurts the paying customers

No Denuvo has only hurt pirates. All those rumors about killing SSDs where false. I have bought lots of Denuvo games and have had no issues. And shut the fuck up with "oh pirates would not buy it anyway so I should just have the game for free XD". That is such a cop out and you know it.
>>
>>339424285
Because the very concept that I, as a paying customer, am treated like a criminal is insulting to me.

The fact that, after purchasing something, I am not just granted access to it, but forced to jump through hoops and be electronically babysat to make sure I'm not doing anything naughty with it, is disgusting. I don't understand how other people can stand it, but I can't, and I don't purchase or install games that have uncracked DRM. When DOOM is cracked, I'll buy it, install it, and then crack it. If it's on my computer, I want to have control over it, and use it how I see fit. Not how some company says I should be allowed to use it.
>>
>>339424723
It's confirmed Denuvo increases overhead. How does that not hurt paying customers?
>And shut the fuck up with "oh pirates would not buy it anyway so I should just have the game for free XD".
But it's true. Where's your source that piracy hurts sales?
>>
>>339423315
Yaaaay
>>
>>339424897
MGSV, Lords of the Fallen and DOOM work fine on my AMDFX6300+Nvidia660ti toaster (well, I had to set DOOM to medium) so I think you're being paranoid for no reason

On the other hand, doesn't /v/ as a whole brags how paying for games is for imbeciles?
>>
File: 011.png (225 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
011.png
225 KB, 480x476
Look you guys can love Denuvo all you want. What makes me mad about Denuvo in the future is when these games stop being sold. You can't buy Cryostasis anymore. I don't want that to happen to MGSV, DOOM, or any other Denuvo game to not be playable in the future because a bunch of fucking lawyers realized they don't have the copyright anymore so they pull it from the online stores.

FUCK THAT FUTURE
>>
>>339426049
I'm not being paranoid. I'm sure the game is functional and I doubt it would do any damage to my computer if I installed it. It's the principle of the thing.

If there was a store where the manager made you lick his boots and called you a worthless piece of shit every time you made a purchase, would you shop there? Would the overall quality of the products be your main consideration?
>>
File: 1463383354245.png (118 KB, 327x333) Image search: [Google]
1463383354245.png
118 KB, 327x333
>>339426316
Well shit thats terrifying
>>
>>339426320
I can understand your complain (being forced to install another third party DRM software and/or being forced to activate your game on a third party website and/or having a limited amount of installs IS being called a worthless piece of shit while you lick the manager boots), but Denuvo isn't intrusive like other anti-piracy systems.

>>339426316
Now this one is worrying. If it wasn't for piracy, certain games like Wolfenstein 2009 would be lose forever.
>>
>>339424897

Let alone Denuvo then - I hope you don't buy games which activate on Steam period
>>
>>339426808
Steam has been cracked open since ancient times.
>>
It's cancerous to buy games.
>>
>>339426320
>If there was a store where the manager made you lick his boots and called you a worthless piece of shit every time you made a purchase, would you shop there?

That's a pretty extreme analogy.

All Denuvo does, all ANY form of DRM is trying to do, is make sure the people who buy the game can play it, and the people who don't, can't. That's it.

It's the digital equivalent of being handed the keys to your new car.
>>
I won't buy any Denuvo games on principal

There is no actual proof of piracy truly hurting game sales, and if a game can't be cracked it could eventually be lost forever if the verification servers are taken offline. From a preservationist standpoint Denuvo is fucking cancer

Uncrackable DRM is supposed to get more people to buy the game instead of pirate it, but with the amount of options of games to buy these days, why would you need to when there are other games out there that you would be willing to pay for that you want to play too?
>>
>>339427336
No it's the digital equivalent of not being handed the keys to your new car and having to call the manager of the car dealership every time you want to drive somewhere
>>
If you are making a Singleplayer game you need to protect your game the best you can.

I gladly support id and Bethesda these days because they're making good games.
>>
File: wallet.png (78 KB, 771x158) Image search: [Google]
wallet.png
78 KB, 771x158
I'm buying Doom4 for everyone!

Leave your Steam!
>>
>>339427512
I'm not saying Denuvo is perfect. I'm saying it's unfair to blame and punish the game creators for wanting to protect their investment.
>>
>>339427491
>There is no actual proof of piracy truly hurting game sales
You don't need proof because it's kinda obvious: Why would you pay for something when you can get it for free?
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119568936/
>>
>>339422161
Literally no one planning on buying it gets put off by denuvo. Only people who claim to are salty pirates.
>>
>>339427823
what if I don't use steam anon

>Israel
>>
>>339427491
>There is no actual proof of piracy truly hurting game sales

That's not the point.

The point is, if you want to play the game, at all, period, you want to buy it.

>But I want to see if it works on my machine first
Steam refunds

>But I want to see if I like it first
Steam Refunds.
Also, Literally every inch of every game ever made is documented on the internet one way or the other.

In the space year 2016, literally the only reason anyone can have to pirate stuff is
>Because I'm a selfish asshole
>>
>>339427874

I mean overall hurt sales enough to actually impact the game in a meaningful way.

And I'll buy games I have genuine interest in. The fact that I'll both pirate and buy disproves the idea that people will just outright pirate all the time when given the option
>>
>>339428340
If I buy a $60 game, and I dislike / hate the game or it doesn't run on my machine, I don't get my $60 back. I'm left with $60 of store credit I don't want.
>>
>>339428580
But that's wrong
>>
Every time i boot up D44M, i can't help but get an hard-on thinking of all the buttpirates who are crying rivers waiting for a crack that will take ages, your tears are the lubricant for my cock

I wish every game had Denuvo, for my own pleasure
>>
>>339421962
Welcome to the world of being a productive member of society, anon. Trust me, it'll feel nice to stop being a worthless piratefag.
>>
>>339428580
You can ask for credit card refunds, if you bought it with a card
>>
File: Only 2K Shekels.jpg (78 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
Only 2K Shekels.jpg
78 KB, 500x545
>>339427823
>Israel
>>
>>339428706
>>339427906
If you browse /v/, you'll realize that nearly everyone has the money to buy any game or platform he/she wants.
The "/v/ is nothing but salty buttmad pirates" is a myth.
>>
>>339428553
>I mean overall hurt sales enough to actually impact the game in a meaningful way.

Goalpost moving: The Post

Also it's not about pirates pirating everything. It's about pirates pirating ANYthing. ANY piracy is wrong and harmful.
>>
>>339428706

>2016
>Giving a shit if you can't play a game right away

Why anyone would care when there are more games than ever to play I'll never know, so I don't entirely believe that's the case
>>
>>339421962
been thinking about it because I really like Warhammer and Doom.

but at the same time, if it uses Denuva, it means the core game is probably questionable. Haven't seen enough threads on /v/ complaining/praising either game. Just going to assume it's shit like the rest of em. Either wait for bargain bin price, or whatever.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (15 KB, 333x128) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
15 KB, 333x128
>>339427906
Source: your ass.
>>
>>339423452
Gross
>>
>>339429205
>Hello! I either haven't been on /v/ at all in the last three weeks, or I'm just fishing for (you)s

Literally every single post about DOOM, hell many of the posts in THIS SPECIFIC THREAD is about how the singleplayer in DOOM is fantastic
>>
>>339429205
>Haven't seen enough threads on /v/ complaining/praising either game
Because /v/ has been unable to play it. Guess why?
No idea about Warhammer, but DOOM (or at least the singleplayer) has been fun as fuck.
>>
>>339427831
It's not unfair to choose to not buy a product because there's something you don't like about it. It's is never ever unfair or wrong to not buy something.
>>
>>339422228
So if they would never have bought it, then there's no downside to stopping them from playing it.
>>
Buying a game with DRM on top of another DRM. Why even bother, OP?
>>
>>339429443
Not here everyday, sort of an irrelevant point in the post.
>>339429446

it very well might be fun, but when you use denuva. that's signifying to me that it can't be ALL that fun.
>>
>>339427823
What's the worst that could happen, right?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_Jared
>>
>>339427823
I don't know if this is a joke or not, but fuck it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/futurama2/

I'm risking it.
>>
>>339429535
There is always the chance of someone pirating the game and playing it for free when that someone had the money to buy it.
That sole reclaimed sale makes the DRM system worth implementing.
>>
>>339426808
You do make a good point. If one is choosing to avoid Denuvo not based on any practical concern, but on principle, then they should be avoid any other DRM mechanism as well, including Steam itself.

I find it weird that some people still don't think of Steamworks this way. Even the Takedown developers promised a "drm free" version to their backers, but ended up being only on Steam since they didn't consider it as DRM. They later offered to make an alternate version for individual backers who wanted it off Steam, but nobody ended up giving a shit since the game was garbage.
>>
>>339429535

Yes, except for the literal monetary waste in implementing the DRM solution, in addition to hurting the future existence of the title if verification servers go down with the company in the future (only talking in the instance of DRM like denuvo). The idea that a game might not exist forever like many of the movies lost in time is fucked
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/VaporRush
>>
>>339429631
>You're having artificial fun. Your fun isn't true fun.

Meh. Whatever you say-
>>
>>339429535
If you want to play a game, you want to buy it. Period.
>>
>>339429841
again, the developers show their faith in the product in the way they distribute. If you put Denuva in it, based on the evidence (provided by other games that have also use it in the past). It's a decent assumption to think it would be shitty.
>>
>>339429631
>but when you use denuva. that's signifying to me that it can't be ALL that fun.

Why?
>>
>>339429760

I'm okay with 'light' DRM that inevitably will be cracked in the future. Paranoid publishers can feel like they're getting everyone to buy their game at the start (where most sales occur) and the game can be saved for future generations after it's been cracked

If publishers put out a version with Denuvo and then something like maybe a year later released a DRM-free version I wouldn't be so down on it, but we know with the increased resources to put out another version of a game that isn't gonna happen
>>
>>339430001
Oh, so you're one of those "Corelation = causation AT ALL COSTS" assholes. Alright, carry on.
>>
>>339430124
indeed
>>
>>339422228
>Yes, DRM only hurts the paying customers
How? They're buying it anyway.
>>
File: 1462138364476.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1462138364476.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>339427823
I see what you did there.
>>
>>339427823

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Uncontrolisgr8/
>>
>>339430001
So, can we assume from now that Deux Ex Mankind Divided is garbage?
Good to know.
>>
>>339430124

>"Corelation = causation AT ALL COSTS"

Hey look it's the exact same reasoning used to say piracy was why a title failed to sell
>>
>>339429510
This is like not buying a product because the package is difficult to put in your pocket while shoplifting.
>>
>>339429781
>in addition to hurting the future existence of the title if verification servers go down

You're right, that is a problem.

But it's always amazing to me how, when people use this, or really, any "DRM hurts the game!" arguments, they always gloss over the fact that DRM, at least, to this game-damaging extent, wouldn't even be a thing if people didn't pirate to begin with.
>>
Console master race wins again.
>>
Doom is fucking awesome, still haven't beaten it yet cause nightmare is fairly challenging but I love it.
>>
>>339430054
I suppose I agree with that. Someone working for Denuvo (iirc) themselves said that they know Denuvo will be cracked eventually, their goal is to secure sales around initial time of release. So I could even think of Denuvo the same way.

Problem is, it's not actually being cracked. Or at least taking long enough to make me worry.

But yeah, I'm with you, I don't care about saving my money, I care about owning something I pay for and the games being preserved into the future.
>>
>>339430321

Mankind Divided is gonna use Denuvo?

Well fuck, I really wanted to play that too (and I would buy it)
>>
>>339430485
Ahahahahahahaha
Suuure
>>
>>339430001
That is the most illogical excuse I've ever heard.
>>
>>339430352
If you ignore the actual valid reasons some people support piracy, like long-term game archival, sure.
>>
>>339430321
maybe, won't ever know if it uses denuva, but based off of previous work from the developer and generally how I received invisible war and human revolution. It probably would be considered garbage. (not for everyone, specifically myself)
>>
>>339421962
>buying newdoom
It's casual shit.
>>
>>339426316
>>339426787
Not really.

Denuvo works through Valve and Origin, and there's no fucking way these billion dollar Merchants would sign off on a product that could potentially keep them from selling their iconic products down the line.

If Denuvo goes under, it's almost a certainty that it'll be unlocked through Steam.
>>
>>339429443
This is also the same board that couldn't get over a pretty mediocre TPS with squids, so allow me to be very skeptical about what you dumbasses have to say about anything.
>>
Daily reminder that
- Pirates buy way more games than non-pirates
- Without piracy a game loses exposure and therefore sales
- Piracy is necessary for a healthy industry; that way developers are motived to create games good enough people feels compelled to pay for them.
>>
>>339430642
Feel free to post your ultra nightmare completion
>>
>>339430602
>the actual valid reasons some people support piracy, like long-term game archival

That WOULD be a valid excuse, except, especially in cases like Denuvo, long-term game archival is difficult SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE of pirates.
>>
>>339421962
So how is Denuvo bad though? I mean, I don't really pirate my games and rarely buy games as is, but I installed DOOM and had no issues at all, yet people are acting like Denuvo is something that prevents the game from being played or something.
>>
>>339430707

>unlocked through Steam

That's not how it works, and assumes personnel will be present to put out a game that doesn't need to search for the Denuvo verification server to allow the game to be played
>>
>>339430907
It hasn't been cracked yet, and most of /v/ is underage or NEET, so they have no disposable income of their own.

Denuvo is an incredibly non-intrusive DRM, and as long as they release demos alongside the game I have no problems with it, but that's not up to Denuvo.
>>
>>339430574
No, you just disagree with my interpretation of the pattern.
>>
>>339421962
just enjoy the background processes and services (yes they install whole services) on your computer for denuvo to take up cycles and memory at all times.
>>
>>339430991
>unlocked through Steam
That is how it works, though.

While installing the game through Steam, it goes through Steam and activates the game through the DRM server.

You're retarded if you think Steam would sign off on a third party DRM that could go under any time and lock them out of top selling games without some kind of clause to unlock them.
>>
>>339430620
Your stupid argument makes no sense.
Invisible War was developed by a team closer to the original Deus Ex than Human Revolution.
Human Revolution was developed by a brand new team with no ties to the original Deus Ex or IW team.
You're claiming they were made by the same people and ignoring how well received HR was.

I think I'm going to ignore your posts from now. I'm arguing with a child.
>>
>>339427906
or modders you dumb fuck
>>
>>339429326
What point are you trying to make here?
>>
>>339430778
There's a speedrun that completes the game on ultra nightmare and the nigga doesn't even break a sweat. Also shitty ass cutscenes.
>>
>>339430602
But the game WILL eventually be cracked, like every game. There is no game in existence that was lost because of DRM.

Just because the scene has moved on doesn't mean it can't ever be cracked.

Besides, this isn't the early 90's where the source code just gets thrown away or where you need the physical copy to acquire it. It's going to remain in Zenimax's databases until they go out of business. Even in the worst case scenario where the game is literally uncrackable, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to provide an archival copy assuming correct security procedure was followed. They're not gonna care too much about stopping piracy of this game five years from now.
>>
>>339431020
No, it's entirely illogical. How the fuck can DRM of any kind have any effect whatsoever on the quality of a game?

Trigger warning: Food analogy

It's like saying you know a burger is going to be shit because the resturaunt used glass doors instead of wood. Sure, Maybe you've been to a resturaunt before with glass doors and the food within sucked, but why the fuck would that matter?
>>
>>339431152
no, I said I didn't like the previous games, and the developer handling the most recent title continues that proud history with mankind divided.
>>
>>339421962
No. DENUVO has been proven to not cause any setbacks to legitimate consumers and also prevents thieves from stealing fantastic games developed poured their heart and soul into. If anything it would be cancerous to NOT buy a DENUVO game.
>>
>>339422941
At least it's not a food anagoly
>>
>>339431279
Look up the release date.
>>
>>339421962
>want to play Doom 3 years from now
>can't actually install it because the server that authenticates the game is offline

Cucks
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>339427963
>>339428915
>greentexting Israel
Do you guys not know who Netanyahu is?
>>
File: 1371788591585.gif (3 MB, 634x462) Image search: [Google]
1371788591585.gif
3 MB, 634x462
>People support a DRM solution that hampers modding potential in any way, no matter how small

Disgusting
>>
>>339422536
Doom is selling like flap jacks in a cold Montana morning. Denuvo has not hurt sales at all and the performance is tight on most PCs above pleb min spec. Piracy now only affects AA games and indies--those most dependent on every sale.
>>
>>339431017
I think your average /v/astard can afford to buy a game like DOOM. It's just that they prefer to spend their money with something else.
Funnily, I think that validates Denuvo's existence. If someone really wants to play DOOM, he/she has no choice but to pay for the product. Meanwhile people who never intended to pay for it isn't going to use your product for free.
>>
DESU I'd never buy a game with Denuvo, but that's me, I'd be very disappointed if FFXV went the Denuvo route or any other game I really wanted, but I'm lucky that only AAA garbage uses Denuvo, so I didn't really lose anything yet.
>>
>>339431520
Doesn't Total War Warhammer have Denuvo and it supports mods?
>>
>>339431615
Yes.
>>
File: firefox_2016-05-30_20-10-13.png (130 KB, 935x166) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-05-30_20-10-13.png
130 KB, 935x166
>>339427906
Nigger, I pay good money for my games.

I stay the fuck away from Denuvo because it prevents the user from modding.

I almost didn't buy Dark Souls III because of the Denuvo rumors. Hell, the only reason the first was playable was because of DSfix.
>>
>>339431109
well duh denuvo needs to connect to the internet every now and then (hour) to check for updates so it can update itself and change itself to stop hacks
>>
>>339430772
>- Pirates buy way more games than non-pirates
Exactly as provable as "Piracy costs sales" As in, none at all. This isn't an argument.

>- Without piracy a game loses exposure and therefore sales
You MIGHT have had an argument in 2005, but today, in the age of the great Youtube Letsplay Culture, that's demonstrably false.

>- Piracy is necessary for a healthy industry; that way developers are motived to create games good enough people feels compelled to pay for them.

While that's not UNtrue, it's extremely difficult to prove, and in a universe where piracy doesn't exist, you can replace the word "Piracy" with "Competition" or simply "Other games" and the statement would still be true.
>>
>>339431685
So does that mean
>>339431520
is genuinely retarded and a NEET pirate faggot with no money?
>>
>>339431693
>Denuvo prevents the user from modding

What's TW: Warhammer then?
>>
>>339431725
So you've never played a Denuvo game, have you?

I played the shit out of Warhammer for three days completely offline while I switched providers.

The game only needs an internet connection while installing it.
>>
>>339431693
>I almost didn't buy Dark Souls III because of the Denuvo rumors

Those were shitposta made by /v/. You're a stupid, stupid man for believing them in the first place.
>>
>>339431738
>>- Without piracy a game loses exposure and therefore sales
>You MIGHT have had an argument in 2005, but today, in the age of the great Youtube Letsplay Culture, that's demonstrably false.

I don't agree with this, I've had friends pirate shit and then tell me to play, I actually bought the game though.

So the cheap ass motherfucker wouldn't buy the game anyway but ended up making me buy it.

Its a positive outcome isn't it? Without him playing and hyping me up I wouldn't have bought it.

I'm talking about Dark Souls btw (he bought it later at a steam sale lel).
>>
>>339431350
and they reward you for buying it with a nice trojan virus.
I would rather install the cracked version
>>
>>339431793
>>339431685

.Exe modification is a no-go with denuvo

Or is my information out of date
>>
>>339431615
You can mod Denuvo protected games

These fuckers are running out of excuses jeez. Go look up Dragon Age Inquisition mods there's like a fuck ton of them.
>>
Are CD key sites more or less scummy than outright piracy? I nabbed up Mafia 3, the next Deus Ex, Overwatch, Bus Simulator 2016, and mirror's edge sequel all for 150 USD. The games I have received have all been unlocked and okay fine.
>>
>>339431314

If I had multiple prior negative experiences with the same product (in this case a video game, games with denuva) I'm going to come up with ways to avoid them again if I can. A simple way to do that would be to assume that if the game uses something that I originally found distasteful. Pay attention to that, and avoid that thing the next time around.
>>
>>339432058
>These fuckers are running out of excuses jeez

I don't think the game archival excuse will ever not be valid
>>
>>339432023
Dark Souls is a fairly popular title. Even without your friend hyping it I'm sure you would have bit the bullet sooner than later.
>>
>>339431835
A rare game with official mod support when the vast majority of PC games don't?

Denuvo is anti-tamper technology. You can't do shit with the game files, so if a company decides they don't want to support mods, or even if they just don't care in the first place, you're out of luck.

It's likely the same with Warhammer too. They probably just have a modding API or some shit that reads external files. I imagine if something's not in their implementation, you can't do it.
>>
>>339432028
That's right. Or you might tamper with Denuvo. People behind Just Cause 3 MP had to hook up with the devs to bypass it.
>>
>>339432196
That's the only valid excuse.
To be fair is a powerful one.
>>
>>339431924
you can play games offline just fine. but the denuvo software is constantly trying to update itself regardless. it's running in the background stealing your cpu and internet
>>
>>339421962
No It works fine
>>
denuvo is the absolute best thing to happen to gaming since forever.

Denuvo will absolutely revolutionize video gaming. Mind blowing video games will be made in the coming years.
>>
>>339427823
Eh, fuck it.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198151763650/
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Toromak

Why not
>>
>>339432058
You can also pirate Inquisition, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>339432196
This a million times. I--via my own personal code of not being a douchebag--will not pirate a game within three or so years from launch. But I love emulation for basking in moments of nostalgic glow. Crazy intrusive or uncrackable DRM guarantees those games will be lost to the ages once servers go offline, companies are bought out, etc.
>>
>>339432025
You're a paranoid nutjob. I sincerely hope you start taking your meds soon before you go on another shooting spree. Please seek help.
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060880096/

Fuck it. Why not?
>>
>>339432142
They're not scummy as long as they give you legitimate keys. Don't buy into that guilt trip bullshit the people in the industry and the fanboys do. They act like if you don't pay full price for a digital copy of a game you're committing the biggest sin ever.
>>
File: 1407960502013.jpg (44 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1407960502013.jpg
44 KB, 500x333
>>339427823
>Country: Israel
>>
>>339428941
Are you fucking retarded? The amount of actual jobless NEETs the browse here is considerable, not to mention foreigners where a console can cost a month's pay

Of course there's also underage kids
>>
>>339432023
unless you have any statistical evidence this is just an anecdotal example my dude
>>
>>339432634
I use CDkeys.com and it's been 100 percent fine. Most new titles are 20-30% cheaper a week before launch.
>>
Babies first on rails shooter.
They don't make 'em like they used to.
>>
>>339422228
>99% of the people that would pirate this game wouldn't have bought anyway.
That's bullshit and you know it. You don't have a source for it. And I do buy games I pirate, the good ones, which Doom likely isn't. So in this case I don't even have to pirate it.
>>
>>339432493
see
>>339431151
>>
>>339427823
>http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_Jared
already bought doom but you can buy the games on my wishlist if your legit
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049946165/
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029077042

What is the worst that could happen?
>>
>>339432876
same here man, why not? if you fucking like the game so damn much, it might be a good idea to own it. Unfortunately a lot of people don't make games like that.
>>
>>339427823

Based king of Jews, please grace my library with this game and I will sing the praises of the chosen people!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wawpsdwo/
>>
The original DOOM has survived all these years, because there was a community of talented programmers that made tons and tons of mods for this game. Snapmap internal mod made by Bethesda is so limited and it's pretty hard to make a good map with a limited number of pieces. Anyway I like this ne w DOOM, despite the multiplayer, Snapmap CoOp are not all that bad, if you play with friends. If you want I've made a montage of the campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOG-J-jWLcY
>>
>>339427823
>remember the 6 million
>Israel
>netanyahu
Oy vey
>all these people posting their steam urls
LOL
>>
>>339427823
>Country: Israel
>nethanyahu
>$6,000,000
>in steam wallet funds
>all these beggars

TOP KEK
>>
>>339432494
because I don't want shit I don't want on my computer? how is that paranoid?
grow up and stop it with absurd exagerations
>>
>>339433179
so? The fuck can someone do with your steam url. L33tHax u?
>>
>>339433339
LOL
>>
>>339432494
woah calm down kid no one said anything about shooting people. put the guns down. It's just a backdoor so they can install ever more powerful versions of their software on your machine to keep cracks from working
>>
File: Capture.png (94 KB, 1282x253) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
94 KB, 1282x253
>>339427823
Why are begfags so fucking retarded?
>>
>>339433324
Jesus dude why are you so fucking paranoid over NOTHING?! IT'S JUST DRM IT'S NOT GONNA "FUCK UP" YOUR COMPUTER! GET WITH THE PROGRAM ASSHOLE OR JUST JUMP OFF A BRIDGE FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY CAUSE YOU'RE CLEARLY TOO FUCKING STUPID TO LIVE ANY LONGER!
>>
>>339433465
Dude, grow up.
>>
File: 1464618590052.jpg (213 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1464618590052.jpg
213 KB, 560x560
>>339427823
>Thought it was a joke
>he fucking bought me just cause 3 and DOOM

What kind of jew are you?
>>
>>339433324
He's going to imply that the software is not nefarious. I agree with you. Watch your shit, take care of your shit, clean your shit up. Words to live by.
>>
>>339433537
I grew up inside ur moms pussy last night lel
>>
>>339433465
Someone, not him obviously, might actually send me Doom 4 though. You don't know.
>>
>>339433465
>>339433596
Looks like you missed out you obnoxious sad cunt. See >>339433561
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nhmwakix861sd85l8.png (243 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nhmwakix861sd85l8.png
243 KB, 500x281
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026046983/
I've been wanting to play this game by any means for weeks.
Thanks anon!
>>
>>339432693
What I provided IS anecdotal evidence, it mattered to me personally, I can't provide anything more.

But it doesn't matter to me, companies losing money fighting an enemy that didn't matter isn't my problem at all, unless games I want use this fucking Denuvo, then I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>339433743
>implying i'm a poorfag who needs to beg to that jew for games
>>
>>339433918
Whatever dude. People in the thread are getting games from someone with a bigger heart than you.
>>
File: 1449259222816.png (206 KB, 422x392) Image search: [Google]
1449259222816.png
206 KB, 422x392
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nyooo

Free shit is always good.
>>
>>339421962

antidenuvo.com
>>
>>339427823
>All that cash

Fuck it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/El-Neko/
>>
>>339427823

>https://steamcommunity.com/id/EternalVictory

This would be dope
>>
>>339421962
>Would it be cancerous to buy a DENUVO infested game?
yes

buy it if you want to but make sure to support DRM-free whenever you can. If Doom was on GOG I would be all over that, that's for sure.

Since Steam is technically DRM I never buy games full price on that store. On GOG, however, I buy games full price to support the devs and DRM-free games in general.
>>
>>339434012
>he thinks the jew guy is legit and is giving everyone doom

$500 wallet limit on steam, bruh
>>
File: death.jpg (184 KB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
184 KB, 798x1200
I've defended it since the first reveal, I kept my hype for the singleplayer, I laughed at the contrarians when I turned out to be right about the game getting praised, but I'm not gonna buy it.

The game's too pricey were I live and I can't just shell out cash on a game I'm not even sure will work on my PC. Since I can't pirate it to try it out, I'm not buying it either.

If a game is good, it'll sell well all the same. I won't support this bullshit DRM.
>>
File: 1464147936521.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1464147936521.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>339434047
DENUVOFAGS BTFO

not a pirate myself but damn i'd love to see the those "Lololol pirate tears r delisus xd threads disappear
>>
The modern version of Denuvo is kind of a beautiful thing.

It really is the pirate's worst nightmare.

It's impossible (Or at least extremely difficult) to crack
And it has zero, or next to zero impact on the end buyer.

Used to be, you could just point at Gamespy, or Uplay or just the newest Sim City and go "Yeah, that sucks right?" and be totally justified. But the new Denuvo, if nobody on /v/ said anything about it, 98% of the people who bought games with it wouldn't even know. For the people who buy it, it's entirely a non-issue.
Which is a worst-case-scenario for pirates, because that was the last moral leg they had to stand on. Now they have nothing.

Really, the fact that it is, as of this moment, uncrackable, is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>339431285
Because the nigga is good at video games

What about you?
>>
>>339434231
So eight copies of Doom easy. I know the image isn't legit but there's nothing stopping him or other anons from gifting copies to people in the thread. Deal with it.
>>
File: KpcpAsn.jpg (406 KB, 2193x2617) Image search: [Google]
KpcpAsn.jpg
406 KB, 2193x2617
>>339434047
That didnt take long
>>
>>339434163

>On GOG, however, I buy games full price to support the devs and DRM-free games in general.

Not as intense as you, but if given the choice between GoG and Steam I'll take GoG every time
>>
File: 1464000578204.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464000578204.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/iheartgmocrops/
ok
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CitizenBalk

fake but w.e
>>
>>339434259
>DENUVOFAGS BTFO
By people giving Russians remote access to their PCs?

Stay mad, fuckboi.
>>
>>339434047
>have to pay $2 to-
Dropped.
>>
>>339434303
Or you can use as color identifier, same technique you use for avoiding deadly insects, and animals.
>>339432151
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jetpackx
>>
>>339434582
Buttmad denuvofag I see. Don't worry, maybe they'll find a way to PATCH it. I'll just be playing Doom for free now.
>>
>>339427823
https://steamcommunity.com/id/brucekholt/
>>
>>339434707
Sounds like autism.
>>
>>339434716
Nah, I just think it's funny that your idea of a crack is giving a Russian scammer $2 to take remote access of your PC and install a RAT while he shares his games with you for a limited time.
>>
>>339421962
>WOW I have actually BUY a game???!?!
>>
>>339432876
The new Doom is the best Doom game ever, anyone who disagrees has some big ass nostalgia goggles.
>>
File: DOOMx64 2016-05-27 00-22-03-51.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DOOMx64 2016-05-27 00-22-03-51.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
Chromatic aberration on or off?
>>
>>339434832
Sorry, it's hard to shill without a dick up my ass.
>>
File: 1462924555537.jpg (9 KB, 331x259) Image search: [Google]
1462924555537.jpg
9 KB, 331x259
>>339434582
Bought doom for 2 bucks thanks to them

nothing happened to me
>>
>>339427823

http://steamcommunity.com/id/extibo/

There you go.
>>
>>339434710
>Melvin

Jesus what the hell did you do to your mom's womb to make her hate you so much?
>>
>>339434881
Nice try denuvo shill, but the game access is given through family share

We realize you're panicking at the prospect of your DRM contraption getting cracked open and your job becoming obsolete, but there's plenty of other products for you to shill
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/leetmcskeet12
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198115258531/

pls and thank you
account not used in forever cuz 2poor
>>
>>339435228
>Nice try denuvo shill, but the game access is given through family share
Right, that he gives you by taking RA of your computer. It's on the site. Enjoy losing all your info and joining the great Russian Botnet
>>
>>339435263
Does mashing with Rolento satisfy you?
>>
>>339434881

go eat shit you nigger
purchased MGSV couple days ago. Teamviewer took him less than 1 minute. Copied files over into my new created steam folder and done.
How can anyone be so inept like you. Holy fuck. Installing things on your PC he needs permission anyways.
>>
File: 1463088176485.jpg (14 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1463088176485.jpg
14 KB, 343x343
post yfw denuvo got cracked and btfo
>>
>>339435485
>giving a Russian RA
hello anon i am ur brother i forget account info pls share to me
>>
>>339427823
Uh, ok...

T-thanks, man. Would be a shame if it was just a sham...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Madsnever/
>>
File: OH NO.gif (2 MB, 146x215) Image search: [Google]
OH NO.gif
2 MB, 146x215
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091019006/

You da Real MVP
>>
>>339435587

So ? You want my account with 0 games on it ? Take it. But go past steam guard and phone activation first autist.
>>
>>339427823
Kripsterpher
Pls buy me game I suk dik
>>
File: 1l6wXwx.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1l6wXwx.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
I purchased The Witcher 3 a month ago when B&W release date was announced - I played the game several times before purchasing it and can only say that money well spent. I pirate because I don't want to get feel that horrible feeling of regret I felt time and again when I bought
The Phantom Pain
Wildstar
Elder Scrolls: OnlineLegendary Edition
Todds Meme Game 2015
Mass Effect 3
Project CARS Well, wasn't that big of a loss. Backed the project and actually made money even though the game itself was quite shit.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Gran Turismo 6
Ratchet & Clank
The Order 1866
Uncharted 4
F1 2015
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Battlefield 4
Titanfall
Battlefront 2015

These are games I bought because one of the following reasons:

1: Have played previous installations and liked them
2: Believed the hype
3: Friends were getting it

It doesn't stop stinging. The fact that you lost money and that you gave money to some bullshit company that thinks it did a good job.

No more.

Either they bring back demo's or I'm not buying another piece of shit Denuvo or console game ever again.
>>
>>339427823

flight602

Ty!
>>
File: 627.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
627.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>339435894
What are you, a poorfag?
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198178086859/
>>
>>339435894
So what you're saying is, you're a dumbass who can't control himself.
>>
>>339435894
Anon, you're retarded.

You seem like the kind of guy that watches E3, sees a pre-rendered cutscene as a game reveal, and thinks it's going to be the best game ever.
>>
>>339427823
might as well add to the pile
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023626470/
>>
File: Split_screen.png (214 KB, 635x346) Image search: [Google]
Split_screen.png
214 KB, 635x346
>>339436048
It's about having a personal sense of value. Dickhead.
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198106832796/
>>
File: 9114756.jpg (18 KB, 539x539) Image search: [Google]
9114756.jpg
18 KB, 539x539
>>339436048
>haha he doesnt buy it cause he's poor

what fucking retard would come to that conclusion?
>>
>>339429631
DRM makes a game less fun? What?
>>
File: NEVER.jpg (124 KB, 688x800) Image search: [Google]
NEVER.jpg
124 KB, 688x800
>>339436438
Of course a game you can't play isn't fun, Anon.
>>
File: DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png (3 MB, 1405x2194) Image search: [Google]
DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png
3 MB, 1405x2194
>>339436159
Perhaps. I mean it's not so much the loss of money, because that's not the issue here.
You just feel like you're fooled.

Happy to say I've made some great purchases without seeing a single trailer before, or having played the previous games of the series.
Such as pic related.
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Conmana/
my sister bangs arab money I could always ask him
>>
>>339435587

fucking underage
I bet you pay full retail price for mediocore denuvo games too
>>
>>339435894
You bought CISquisition anon, you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>339421962
Pirates are cancer. Denuvo is just shitty.
>>
>>339436159
Speaking of E3, I remember staying up until the morning to watch the Beth E3 conference last year. You're either a liar, a wise man or a fortune teller to not have getting at least a little hyped for MemeOut 4.

Then again, it was T-O-D-D H-O-W-A-R-D on stage, so, like you said, retarded.
>>
>>339436438
If most of the games you've bought that aren't fun use denuva, one might assume that any game that uses denuva must be shit.

cause and effect shit anon.
>>
>>339436438
Having your HD fried and losing game performance isn't fun
>>
It's funny to think that there are people who believe they know more about what's going on with a company's bank sheet and profit margins than the companies themselves.

If they keep investing into Denuvo and adding it to their games, it is most probably because they see a definite net benefit through their own research. These are people who got where they are by being good at making money, and they like to stay that way by sticking with choices that do make them more money.

They make many millions of dollars; you don't. They know if Denuvo has made a positive difference to their sales or not; you don't.
>>
>>339436805
>You're either a liar, a wise man or a fortune teller to not have getting at least a little hyped for MemeOut 4.
Or somebody who learned long ago to never trust shills in suits talking about REVOLUTIONARY gameplay they never show
>>
>>339421962
Promoting Denuvo fucks with mexican pirates.

Support that shit nigga
>>
>>339436805
>You're either a liar, a wise man or a fortune teller

Among vidya boards, /v/ is actually the wisest and the best at predicting games quality, we aren't mongoloids and don't fall for marketer "hype"
>>
>>339437006
>They know if Denuvo has made a positive difference to their sales or not; you don't.

this is still a heavily debated subject in this argument, from both sides of the argument and numbers. Just thought I should point out a point of conflict.
>>
>>339436779
Yeah, well, you didn't see the concept art before the release. I have some people on LinkedIn and Skype that worked on the original two games and did some art for the third that sent me a lot of cool shit, such as pic related. I imagined a lot cooler shit happening, the way people told me it was going to be more like Origins, less like the second one.
It had every right to be a good game and at times it does feel like it.
But its like pressing a button that has a 1/100 to dispense a cookie. Other times the machine pours shit and in order to continue, you have to eat the shit up. And then you find out the actual cookie isn't even that good. It's better than the shit but then you remember you could've just left and go to the store to buy actual cookies.
>>
File: 1445776657580.png (74 KB, 180x187) Image search: [Google]
1445776657580.png
74 KB, 180x187
>>339437120
>we aren't mongoloids and don't fall for marketer "hype"

Were you here for the MGS threads?
>>
File: concepts #52.jpg (174 KB, 1408x792) Image search: [Google]
concepts #52.jpg
174 KB, 1408x792
>>339437246
forgot pic related
>>
>>339434047

Revolt doing the same thing for "donations". As the asians who want 4.50$, probably cheaper now. Ruskies doing it aswell now.
They speak english aswell and get you on TS to guide through process.
>>
File: 1464194272479.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1464194272479.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>339437120
Explain the overwatch threads
>>
>Launch game with Denuvo
>Read/write cycles on my drives don't increase substantially at all
Wow it's almost like /v/ is full of shit.
>>
>>339434047
I dont get it what is this site about?
>>
>Doom is still 38 dollars

What the fuck how is a 6 hour single player and shit multiplayer game still 38 bucks
>>
>>339437637
But anon.
Overwatch is good.
>>
>>339437246
Man, the art in that game was fucking disgusting, the females look like males and the males were okay I guess but holy shit.

I'd start seeking new friends if I were you.
>>
>>339427823
>israel
>6 million

Would be funny if it hadn't already been done to dead.
>>
>>339437670
Denuvo literally doesn't read or write any data.

It's just piratefag misinformation they keep spewing like how it's always online because they're terrified.
>>
>>339437637
Blizzard shilling is really strong on /v/ after every Blizz game anon, just tell me where are the D3 threads right now? Blizz stopped paying marketers for D3 and are paying them to shill Overwatch right now.
>>
>>339437738
You pay a Russian to take remote control of your PC so they can log into a shared account that you get to use for like a week.

Basically you pay to join a ruskie botnet
>>
>>339437779
(you)
>>
>>339422228
gr8 b8 m8
>>
I dont pirate so i dont care
>>
>>339427823
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Strideguy/

thx senpai
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.