[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss this masterpiece! I want to try blue stinger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 422x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 422x426
Let's discuss this masterpiece! I want to try blue stinger next. How's that one?
>>
>>339404692
Havent thought about this game since it was released. Never played it. Blue Stinger was pretty shit. For its time, it was playable I guess since I beat it, but I cant imagine it held up
>>
File: 1388218292951.jpg (147 KB, 1010x810) Image search: [Google]
1388218292951.jpg
147 KB, 1010x810
it was this game that had a body/sanity/tension meter?
or it was something about using senses to find enemies?
anyway I don't remember but is the only thing I remember help
>>
>>339407773
Play this game again! It's so weird! Yeah there's a horror monitor used to find scares. There is a sense meter and you have to keep up with adrenaline.. and a lot of items to find and use. The combat is fun and you can use an escape ladder to run away lol.
>>
Terrible, overrated game. Fun with friends or to stream, but its cringey as shit.
>>
>>339408268
>buzzwords the post
>>
One of the strangest game I've ever played and I play a lot of niche Japanese games. That whole final chapter goddamn. This is one of those games from the days when developers still took risks with their games and didn't care about making things that would appeal to everyone. Now does that make it a good game with good gameplay? No, but it was still a hell of an experience.
>>
File: 1389304334301.jpg (55 KB, 410x380) Image search: [Google]
1389304334301.jpg
55 KB, 410x380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9rrSpizM4
I only remember the trailer, and people think SWERY shenanigans come out of nowhere
>>
File: DC_Blue_Stinger_03.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DC_Blue_Stinger_03.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
And to think it came from the same devs as Blue Stinger.
>>
>>339408268
No, it's really great and the amount of detail in its several worlds is amazing, considering it's a dreamcast exclusive. All survival horror is cringe
>>
>>339408656
Its a terrible game with terrible gameplay (especially excruciatingly terrible combat), with repetitive slow movement which particularly comes to be annoying when your shit is rekt and you need to haul ass across the level to the chopper/ladder/whatever.

It had a few stupidly fun cutscenes (WE HAVE TO SAVE THE SEXY DOLL!!!!), but thats it. Unless you are blazing with a friend and want to laugh, or streaming, its completely utter trash.
>>
>>339409746
>All survival horror is cringe

Oh fuck off, clearly you know next to nothing about the genre, or games in general for that matter.
>>
>>339409876
>Weed smoker
Oh, I guess that explains why you have such garbage opinions.
>>
Survey time! Which was more fun - failing to rescue the main characters so the girl loses her clothing, or rescuing everyone, but skipping the jock's brain so he speaks in groans every cut scene?
>>
>>339404692
One of thr worst games on the dreamcast desu
>>
>>339410085
I'm not, but I imagine that would be the only way to enjoy this garbage to some degree.

Hell, game openly acknowledges how shit it is, its very self aware. Devs bailed mid-development so published had to finish the game itself. Its only dumb nostalgia fags like you who are blindly in love with shit games and seem to lack some basic IQ points that fail to grasp such obvious information.
>>
>>339404692
I was actually interested in playing this game when I first heard about it in EGM. Never got around to it, though.
>>
>>339409995
The game is basically a satire
>>
>>339410442
Parodying itself isn't making it satirical.
>>
>>339410398
A game can be bad and still be fun. It's retards like you who can't separate objective quality from subjective enjoyment that made game reviewers so shit.
>>
>dreamcast fanboys in charge of not getting Stockholm syndrome'd to their library of 8 games
>dreamcast fanboys literally in charge of not being worse than pretendo69fags
>>
>>339404692
>masterpiece

Which Youtube e celeb "gamer" said this?
>>
>>339410696
It can, but this one isn't. Gameplay sections are far too long and tedious, enjoyable content/moments are literally 1:100 ratio. Its fun with friends, but playing it on your own wouldn't be fun at all.

t. Someone who actually beat the game for the first time two years ago instead of when he was 7
>>
I mean, dreamcast is fucking great. Y'all should play some toy commander.
>>
>>339410846
>t. someone who still doesn't understand that enjoyment is subjective
Fixed. I guess every time I play it, I'm actually NOT having fun. Thanks for letting me know, I thought I was enjoying myself!
>>
Cork goes to hell cinema/level was tits
>>
File: 1459048883519.jpg (932 KB, 1530x1530) Image search: [Google]
1459048883519.jpg
932 KB, 1530x1530
>>339410720
DC has more than 8 good games. Illbleed isn't one of them, though.
>>
>>339411102
>Fixed. I guess every time I play it, I'm actually NOT having fun.

No, you are having actual, genuine, very real fun. It's just your taste that is shit and that you seem to have serious trouble coping with it.
>>
>>339411295
It's better than blue stinger
>>
>>339408268
>overrated
>>
>>339410825
Happy Video Game Nerd
>>
>>339404692
Deadly Premonition reminded me a lot of this game. They have a similar philosophy for picking up items/fighting enemies/interacting with the world, and the whole 'not taking horror super seriously' angle. Plus most people not getting it and absolutely hating what are clearly the best fucking games ever made.
>>
>>339411238
>Cork goes to hell cinema/level was tits
No anon, it was ass.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.