[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I own this game, but how enjoyable story wise is it if you haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57 KB, 292x414
I own this game, but how enjoyable story wise is it if you haven't played the previous 2?
>>
>>339398340
I was able to enjoy it without playing the other two. You could always do some light reading to help you understand things more
>>
>>339398340
Dunno because I played the other two, but how hard is it to go through the first games? Skipping them to play TW3 is like skipping a nice appetizer and entree to get to the dessert. The first two games are very enjoyable.
>>
>>339398340
I'd really, REALLY recommend playing TW1:EE before 3. You can totally skip #2, as it's shit, and barely has anything to do with the others.
>>
it's fine, witcher 2 is pretty hard to go back to after 3, I haven't played 1 since launch so I imagine it's even worse in this regard

you won't know some characters that make appearances but will probably still enjoy it
>>
I played up to the point in the 3rd one where they ask you about decisions you've had to make in previous games, that shit bothers the fuck out of me.
>>
I was pretty much blown away by the quality of the stories. I'm still going hard halfway through the game and even ended up really liking even quests of 10 minutes long. The game puts you as aneutral party against some pretty hard decisions story wise.
>>
Its enjoyable but characters will randomly come out of nowhere and talk about things you wont understand, you wont have the investment or attachment to characters it assumes you should have.
>>
>>339398340
I'm playing it right now without having played the previous 2, I'm in the second area. I think the game takes for granted too many things, for example, your strong connection with Ciri and whatever happened with the Emperor of Nilfgaard in the previous games.
>>
Just play them they're great
Also W3>W1>W2
>>
>>339399602
ciri wasnt in the previous games
>>
>>339399769
So, they made the main plot point of the game about something that it's only in the books?
Oh, well, in which books can I find all her backstory?
>>
>>339400092
Also, what about Emhyr? He talked like a lot of shit happened before the third game.
>>
>>339401026
i havent played witcher 1, but in witcher 2 the game is about assassins of kings hence the title and it turns out that the people assassinating kings in the north were working for the Nilfgaardians. with kings dead the nilfgaardians invaded the north, hence the situation in witcher 3
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.