[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got into games last year, what are the best games you would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Kimbra_Bil_zelman_Portrait2.jpg (136 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
Kimbra_Bil_zelman_Portrait2.jpg
136 KB, 733x1100
Just got into games last year, what are the best games you would recommend to a newcomer that are good *even without nostalgia*?

The only games I know I love are Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Dark Souls.
>>
Battletoads
>>
What systems do you have? PC I assume, but anything else?

If you like TF2, Overwatch is pretty similar. Salt and Sanctuary is 2D dark souls. You should try a lot of different genres if you're still new to games though.
Some games to try out:
Dead Space
Metal Gear Solid
Devil May Cry 4
Fallout New Vegas
Legend of Grimrock
Rocket League
XCOM 2
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Phoenix Wright
LoZ: Ocarina of Time
Jet Set Radio
Battlefield 4

Get your feet wet in different genres with some new and some old stuff.
>>
overblood
>>
>>339390006
I have a nice PC that can emulate most stuff and I could buy an Xbox, PS4, or WiiU too.

I will look into those, thank you.
>>
>>339389294
How do you 'get' into video games as an adult? Everyone I've ever known who plays video games has played them all their life.
>>
>>339389294
Fallout: a post nuclear role playing game
Arcanum
Planescape: Torment
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Fallout: New Vegas

I hate videogames btw
>>
What made you get into videogames late in your life?
>>
>>339389294
I WANT KIMBRA TO SUCK MY DICK
t. manchild virgin
>>
>>339389294
>Likes TF2 and L4D
I'm going to get called a shill for this since the game is currently exploding in popularity, but Overwatch is pretty similar to both of those games.
>Likes Dark Souls
Bloodbourne is made by the same developers if you happen to have a PS4.

Honestly though there are 3 rules to getting into video games
>Be open minded and try every game that catches your eye. Don't go nuts and spend a ton of money though
>Use your own judgements for what you like, don't borrow other people's opinions or be ashamed of liking certain things
>Know how when a game isn't for you, but don't give up too easily. Lots of games start off boring and get better if you put in some time/practice.
>>
Best advice I can give is try different genres. Also l2emulate. I'm assuming you're on pc and have a controller of some sort if you've played DS.

>platformers, 2d
Yoshis island

>platformers ,3d
Jak & dexter, rachet and clank series, psychonauts

>FPS
Half life series, original doom, painkiller

>adventure /explanation
Obama, metroid (super and prime)
>>
>>339394163
>Obama
Okami

Also, play Thief, the second one is better, first is still good though. 3 and thi4f are shit.
>>
Theory:

OP is a girl.
>>
File: Kimbra5.jpg (40 KB, 282x282) Image search: [Google]
Kimbra5.jpg
40 KB, 282x282
>>339389294
Don't ever post my waifu again.
>>
>>339394683
This makes a lot of sense.
>>
Persona 4
>>
>>339394683
Or underage, 14-16, only plays mainstream vidya and online games.

Its most likely the case.
>>
Kingdom Hearts, right guys?
>>
>>339389294
Thief 1 and 2
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.