[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: paragon or renegade.jpg (122 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
paragon or renegade.jpg
122 KB, 1024x684
>Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE NEUTRAL! WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME ALLOW ME TO BE NEUTRAL!!?!?!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in an RPG

Is there anything more pathetic?

And to all you neutralfags, please post some compelling choices (or non-choices) a neutral character could make.
>>
I agree
>>
I disagree
>>
Ehh
>>
Endless neutrality is bad, but only having two "sides" at any one time is also shit.
>>
>>339387502
New Vegas, SMT
>>
File: aUbk9ha.gif (70 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
aUbk9ha.gif
70 KB, 250x188
>>
File: CobraCommander.jpg (65 KB, 467x599) Image search: [Google]
CobraCommander.jpg
65 KB, 467x599
To me it's less about being neutral and more about not being pressured into going to one extreme.

99% of the time when a game has a karma/alignment type system, it only rewards you for going either full Mother Theresa or full Cobra Commander, which is just dumb. Especially when the "bad" side is more often than not written as either a complete psychopath or a pointlessly edgy asshole.
>>
Is there anything more patetic than being either good or evil and base all your decisions on that, instead of carefully considering each choice you are presented with?

Ending neutral in a game that presents you with choices, or somewhere near neutrality is the most probable result if you really make a personal choice in the story instead of following a simplistic prototype, since sometimes you will chose the merciful, peaceful way and sometimes you will just feel like being a bastard or unleashing callous punishment or vengeance upon someone.

tl;dr - OP is a fag.
>>
The first Witcher game did the whole neutrality thing quite well if you ask me.
>>
>>339388349
Except he still stuck his nose where it didn't belong
>>
>REEEEEEE

How are you supposed to pronounce that?
>>
File: SMT General.jpg (29 KB, 768x733) Image search: [Google]
SMT General.jpg
29 KB, 768x733
>>339387502
>not playing neutral
>not fighting for humanities right to fuck itself in the ass every chance it gets
It's our natural right to be jerks and ruin our planet, and no gods are going to tell me otherwise
>>
>>339389283
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800
>>
>>339387502
>Should I shit up /v/ with the same old threads?
>Nah
>>
I never cared that much about the "neutral" path and I usually took the ones that I liked the most or the one that were more fleshed out.

Also TW1 made me really appreciate the neutral path and I find it kinda sad that in a lot of games it has no flauvor at all and it's half assed.
>>
Why do you copy paste this?
>>
>>339390310
Gotta get those free (You)s.
>>
>>339387502
You're definitely not wrong. Having a neutral choice in a given situation isn't a bad thing but the people who would do nothing but neutral choices are the most boring people on the planet.
>>
People that go "REEE" at all can eat shit. Type a proper sentence or shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1463458800976.jpg (186 KB, 801x530) Image search: [Google]
1463458800976.jpg
186 KB, 801x530
>>339387502
>not being a renegade and killing anyone that so much as looks at you wrong

It's like they don't want to have fun.
>>
>>339391614
This
>>
>>339387502

A lot of the problem stems from the fact that playing a character that does things based on what they feel is right in the moment (good or bad) rather than what some jackass dev thinks is "right" or "wrong" usually nets you fuck all.

It forces you to literally be Jesus incarnate or Puppy Kicker McEdge to actually see any kind of benefits and you literally hurt your character by playing a character who does both good and bad things as per the situation.

The problem isn't neutral characters the problem is the system they have to exist in in 99% of games is total garbage
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.