[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, I'm beginning to wonder if I even WANT Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: metroid-prime-1.jpg (1 MB, 1542x2149) Image search: [Google]
metroid-prime-1.jpg
1 MB, 1542x2149
You know, I'm beginning to wonder if I even WANT Nintendo to make another Metroid game. I figured Other M was just a fluke, but after Star Fox 0, I wonder if perhaps it was the canary in the coal mine, telling us the area (Nintendo) is no longer safe and to run and never look back
>>
Miyamoto has never been involved with metroid
Nintendo is not one fucking person, use your brain a little OP

Not saying a new game couldnt be terrible since sakamoto is insane.
>>
>>339372873
Dumbest shit ive read all morning.
>>
Metroid already reached its pinnacle three fucking times. I'm fine with it being laid to rest.
>>
>>339373229
>Miyamoto has never been involved with metroid

he's the one who turned prime into first person
>>
I just want them to do a modern remake of Metroid II, then the series can be put to rest.
>>
Nintendo hasn't made good games in 15 years, but Retro never made good games
>>
>>339373725
6 times actually
>super metroid
>fusion
>zero mission
>prime 1
>prime 2
>prime 3
>>
>>339374630

Hey Splatoon and Uprising are pretty great. Better than most new experiences I've had native to their respective generations.
>>
>>339374630
Explain why you think Retro can't make good games.
>>
Metroid can be laid to rest. Prime 1 and Prime 2 were both 11/10 and really canno be topped. Just replay those.
>>
File: 1281585240421.jpg (69 KB, 242x356) Image search: [Google]
1281585240421.jpg
69 KB, 242x356
I want an over the shoulder 3rd person survival horror shooter. Think Dead Space but with Metroid-tier exploration. Retro Studios can handle it. I'd also like another Zero Suit Stealth section.

>>339374479
Also this minus the laying to rest part.
>>
>>339374813
>fusion
>prime 2
>prime 3
Nah, Super, ZM and Prime were the peaks. Fusion is way too linear to be the peak of Metroid.
>>
>>339372873
I think it's pretty safe to say that Nintendo can't make another good Metroid game to save their life. Even the last decent Metroid game (Prime 3) had some glaring flaws in it.
>>
>>339375154
Nah, not over the shoulder. I feel if they go 3D it should be pulled back. Over the shoulder is too restrictive, you wouldn't be able to do 2D-style platforming and such.

I mean it makes sense for Prime but I feel if they go 3D they should go all the way.
>>
File: 82681347.jpg (45 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
82681347.jpg
45 KB, 500x374
>>339372873
>comparing Star Fox Zero to Other M

It isn't exactly a rebirth of the franchise but come on.
>>
>>339374467
That's an oversimplification of what happened though.
>>
>>339376689
Yeah, a better comparison would be Sticker Star & Color Splash or something.
>>
>>339376689
The funniest thing is that 99% of /v/'s problem with Star Fox Zero is the controls, something that random game reviewers and Youtube ecelebs have no problem adjusting to. Speaks volumes about /v/irgins.
>>
>>339376924
>something that random game reviewers and Youtube ecelebs have no problem adjusting to
But the world record speedrunner for 64 uploading clips of cool Zero techniques has a problem with them
>>
>>339372873
I'd rather Nintendo just up and die at this point. Every franchise I used to love is shat on, and the ones that are still around are just a shell of what they used to be. At least DKC had some respect the past so many years, but most everything else feels lifeless and by the numbers. It's not making a game to make a good fun game, but making a game by some formula. We need this many these and that many those and ta da a game.

I know they'll likely never die off, not soon anyway, but I've just had it. Metroid being dragged through the mud, Miyamoto ruining anything he touches lately that isn't Pikmin, the entirety of NoA.

What really gets me is nobody ever goes up to anyone from Nintendo, not even the people with pseudo importance like Reggie, and tells them off about all their shit. If it's an interview it's just felating the next soulless release. If it's them just talking to random people it's probably the die hard fans who still love them so that doesn't help. Would be nice if someone more or less would just tell them "You're shits fucked up, people don't want ripped off for a 350 dollar last gen machine, stop raping franchises and just give people more of what they actually want instead of what you want to slap together like shovelware on a shoestring budget and demand full price for it."
>>
>>339375154
I've always loved the idea of a Dead Space sort of horror Metroid. Not sure how it'd work really since Samus' suit is pretty bitchin compared to Issacs. Still as long as it had the exploration of a normal Metroid game I'd be happy. I think over the shoulder would be a nice change of pace too for Metroid and it'd let you see her suit more often.

I disagree with the ZSS stuff because I actually loathe the hell out of that thing.
>>
Oh shut the fuck up anon

The only reason Fedforce is the way it is, is because Next Level Games can only do cartoony Artstyle

Also Star Fox Zero is a good step in reviving Star Fox fully, it simply needs more creativity and control options in a sequel
>>
>>339376924
>Nintendo always makes games that are easily accessible
>Nintendo makes a game with hard to learn controls with a useless gimmick that makes the game worse.
>Nintendyearolds still defend that shit

Aight
>>
>>339374856
>because 3d metroid and >muh kremlins
>>
File: kjuytggrfefer[1].jpg (11 KB, 456x252) Image search: [Google]
kjuytggrfefer[1].jpg
11 KB, 456x252
>>339378024
FedForce looks like shit from every angle. The artstyle is just bad because it's stuck to the 3DS resolution. The gameplay looks bland and shitty. If any other company tried to sell this "game" for full price it'd be completely ignored, and rightly so. It's Bullet Ball: Nintendo Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk
>>
>>339378162
>Nintendo makes a game with hard to learn controls with a useless gimmick that makes the game worse.

My seven-year-old cousin plays SF0 with no problems. What's your excuse?
>>
>>339378464
I check to see if the Godmode is on
>>
>>339372873
Star Fox Zero Team does not = 2D Metroid or Metroid Prime Team, dumbass.
>>
At this point I doubt Nintendo's ability to make a good game in general. Literally nothing has looked appealing for about a year
>>
They gotta do a remake of MP on the NX.

That's all I want, fuck new games from Nintendo, just make the NX a remake machine.
>>
>>339378921
You know if they did that they would do something stupid with it, like make a new area that's only accessible through Amiibo or something.
>>
>>339378774
nintendo does a lot of senseless bullshit and deserves to be criticized but it's pretty obvious they're working on the nx launch lineup and that's why everything has been shitty spinoffs and low budget shovelware for the past ten months or so
>>
>>339382264
I'll believe it when I see it. Until they announce they're working on a proper Metroid game for the NX I couldn't care less about the likely piece of shit machine.
>>
You know Nintendo is being utter shit when the AVGN says they make shit games nowadays.
>>
>>339383696
He's said that about games they made back in the 80's, too. And by your logic all game companies make nothing but shit because some eceleb says a few of their games are bad.
>>
>>339375203
Prime was linear, but it hid it well.
>>
>>339383307
if the nx launch titles are as bad as the wii u's you can stick a fork in them, they're done
>>
>>339384826
All Metroid games are linear. Exploiting glitches to skip things doesn't mean they're not linear.
>>
>>339373229
He stood over Retro Studios's shoulder and helped whip them into shape
>>
>>339378303
Jesus Christmas.

Also Other M is a great metroid.

Fed force might be good.
>>
>>339385281
Look what he's turned into now. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>339384962
Right, Metroid 1, Super, and Zero Mission are nonlinear. The rest are linear, but hide it to varying degrees of success.
>>
>>339377575
perhaps it doesn't happen because Nintendo aren't actually raping their franchises and you're simply delusional.
At least you got the part right where they won't die off for quite some time, so I guess you can be saved yet
>>
I honestly liked other M.
>>
Metroidfags are the worst.
>>
>>339385423
How is Prime non-linear? You can sequence-break the hell out of it and get shit in whatever you want.
>>
>>339385887
They patched that glitch out.
>>
>>339377063
He's been using an N64 controller for decades, of course he's going to have a problem with them. It's like Meleefags who somehow can't use a Wii U Pro controller.
>>
>>339384826
All of them are linear but hide it well, barring potential sequence breaking in Super.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.