[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Guild Wars 2 now? I played it briefly on launch but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
How is Guild Wars 2 now?

I played it briefly on launch but the lack of people to play with and a subpar PC, I stopped.

I have a god PC now, and I have a roommate that is interested in playing with me.

What's the game like now? Is it popular?
>>
It's still popular and far more rewarding than it was at release with actual end content such as raids.If you're looking for a casual and non demanding MMO this is a good choice.It also has a generous F2P option if you wish to try vanilla out.
>>
>tfw want gw1 back
>>
>>339365203

>0.05 added to your account

If one unfinished raid is end content then sure.
>>
>>339363835
>Is it popular?
Eh.
Even the diehard fans were pissed about the whole Heart of Thorns or whatever bullshit.

It's just not a very good game.
>>
>>339363835
I would occasionally come back to play pvp for a couple of dozen hours just because there is nothing like it on the market

With CoT release I stopped doing that because you need the addon to stay viable and I refuse to spend any more money on this pile of crap.
>>
>>339366091
But it is.
>>
It's empty and by level 30 you'll have all the abilities you'll use for the rest of the game
>>
I'll go back when they add Cantha or Elona, which at this rate, they never will.
>>
>>339367349
gotta finish salad stories first anon

there's lots to tell
>>
>>339363835
PVE in this is pathetic, WvWvW is the only mode I enjoy, it had a resent re surge of people due to them fucking it up with the expansion and reverting it.
>>
>>339367493
was there ever even a point where it was determined players WANTED to see shitty saladpeople stories

because it seems like the devs just invented their little mary sue totally-not-elves species and wanted to make them the poster child for the game despite being one of the shittiest and having no background in the series
>>
>>339367529
>it had a resent re surge of people due to them fucking it up with the expansion and reverting it.
explain
>>
File: smc.webm (2 MB, 830x350) Image search: [Google]
smc.webm
2 MB, 830x350
It's fun

>>339368534
they added new wvw maps and no one liked them. too big, too hard to navigate. easily a 5 minute run just to catch up to your group and thats if you knew how to get to them and didnt get ganked by roamers. and they added 'tactics' which just give the winning side the snowball effect. wvw population tanked, hard. they paired servers, nerfed tactics somewhat, and switched out the new maps for the old ones to get it back to being normal population.
>>
>>339368534
They made a map no one wanted. It was too big, full of gimmicks and was designed around gliding, but they forgot you can't have gliding in WvW. It had towers in useless positions. It was too complex to navigate. It also had a big retarded meta event that lagged the whole map.

The map was so bad people started only going to EB and only EB. And it was around for 6 months until it got through to Anet that maybe they should do something.

It wasn't even a matter of learning the map and then you start liking it for many. It was simply shit. EOTM 2.0 and years of wasted development for nothing.

They also added the map during the expac which introduced a grind for all the guild stuff and new elite specs, which you couldn't progress at in WvW so you have most of the population drained out of WvW adding more to the effect that the new map simply was no good because no one played it.
>>
>>339369912
>big, too hard to navigate. easily a 5 minute run just to catch up to your group and thats if you knew how to get to them and didnt get ganked by roamers.
holy shit, shame I missed out on that that sounds fun as fuck
>>
>>339370640
>you can't have gliding in WvW
Aion wants to have a word with you
>>
>>339363835

Played it for around 600 hours and while fun with the icm mod, it still lacks the action of an d action game and the deepness of an rpg. Build boil down to zerk gear and post level 80 its grinding dungeons and fractals, so if you are into that, go play it.
>>
>>339366145
care to explain, what did HoT do wrong?
>>
>>339370812
go read the HoT forums, it's just thread after thread of bitch bitch bitch

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot
>>
one of the worst overall designed MMORPGs i've played.
and a sequel to one of the best.

what the fuck mates?
>>
Funny thing is I am tired of that game just as much as I am tired of telling people how fucking horrible it is on /v/.

Now that's saying enough about this shit game than a 4 page essay will.
>>
>>339371084
They just used the name to get suckers like me to buy the game.
They didn't care about gw1, I bet no one on the team even played gw1.
>>
File: 1419705016957.jpg (63 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
1419705016957.jpg
63 KB, 248x248
>i paid 99 dollars on release
>>
>>339371503
>I bet no one on the team even played gw1.
lead content designer even admitted as much on twitter

it's horrible
>>
>>339371837

80% of the team don't even play gw2
they dont even fix the 4 years old bugs in dungeons (the meat after reaching lvl 80)
They are so incredibly incompetent im only there for the twitchy combat when nobody stacks like faggots that they are.
>>
>>339367249

Only two raid wings out of three are released faggot shill.
>>
>>339363835
Was boring and shallow on release. Doubt its any different now since the games fundamentally shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.