[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DotA 2 stagnant for 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: herecomestheflatline.png (159 KB, 732x667) Image search: [Google]
herecomestheflatline.png
159 KB, 732x667
Will they ever come back from this?
>>
And Valve will still be making millions off of it while retards play it, and crybabies hope it goes away.
>>
>>339347037
Looks like the average players went up over 100k, and the beat daily is well over what it was 2 years ago

Seems fine. Valve needs to stop being uber jews, this Battle Pass is fucking cancer. The first one was fine.
>>
>>339347037
But 1mm active players is really really good anon. I don't think you need to worry
>>
I played for four years, have 4000 hours in the game. I stopped playing recently because its not really fun anymore. I wasn't really good, but I wasn't really bad either. The main problem I had was that trying to win sucked a lot of fun out of the game, because it meant playing the best things, in the most optimal play style.

What it came down to is that every game, you either play support or force someone else who doesn't want to or isn't good to solo support. There are so many good games out there and it just didn't make sense to me to spend 40 minutes on a game that probably won't even be fun playing heroes you probably didn't even want to play.

I got to 4.8k mmr and then sunk back down to 4.6k, it was at that point that I realized no matter how much time I put into the game I wasn't going to be a good of a player and the whole thing was just a waste of time if I wasn't having fun anymore.
>>
>>339347037
Need to take whoever is responsible for the last few patches out the back and fucking shoot them.

Adding a whole bunch of new items, fucking WHY?
>mango
>faerie fire
>octarine
>aether lens
How do you balance the game with this shit? Spell damage, spell range, early game mana pool, ganking is all fucked.

Add to that the retarded balancing decisions and constant buffs to non-meta heroes and now you have a quarter of the hero roster that is retardedly unbalanced.

DotA is fucking dead, Icefraud killed it.
>>
>>339349029
I took a break because 6.86 got stale as fuck, came back to so many changes I couldn't even tell what the fuck was going on anymore.
>>
>>339347037
dota 2 is a "modern" release of an outdated game with outdated mechanics. the only thing modern about it is the 2 in its name and the graphics

nobody but nostalgiafags and retards falling into the hype train/peer pressure picked this game up

when the dinosaurs who play this game die off it will truly be the end for this series and genre as a whole
>>
>>339347037
Nah, it's dead after they introduced these fire/lightning/earth pandarens and never ever do something with lots of free shit again
>>
I stopped playing because I needed to get my life on track. I got a job, so I'm gonna start playing again soon. Nothing else can keep me interested like this game.
>>
>>339349306

Too bad Dota is evergreen and will never truly die out
>>
File: ReactionImage 041.png (253 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ReactionImage 041.png
253 KB, 400x400
>>339347037

>DoTa 2 is announced
>Suddenly LoL threads are hated
>DoTa 2 is going to crush LoL easily just wait
>DoTa 2 is ging to overtake LoL easily
>Now all the years later Dota 2 doesnt even have 1/10 of the daily peak LoL has

You can ee the Valvedrone butthurt everytime a thread about LoL is opened
>>
You literally posted 20% of growth in 8 months.
>>
File: 1393254752336.jpg (73 KB, 275x585) Image search: [Google]
1393254752336.jpg
73 KB, 275x585
>>339347037
I've put 1100 hours into it over the last four years. The last year or so has been nothing but rage and anger while playing it.

Tried out Heroes of the Storm because Tracer came in the Overwatch box. The game is actually really fucking fun. Takes most of the bullshit out of Dota, adds in a touch of Blizzard, and it's really quite smooth and enjoyable.

Might not be as deep as Dota, but the matches are only 15 minutes on average in pubs, which limits the amount of rage I can generate from one game. It also means that a single game isn't as huge of a commitment, so I can fit games in more often. I think the visuals are nicer and the included characters from Starcraft and Diablo draw me in further.

It's a fucking shame that the game is so horribly expensive, though. $400 plus bucks if you buy all the characters with cash. What in the fuck.

>picture related
>Blizzard fucking my boipussy in the coinpurse
>>
>>339351236

That's not much
>>
>>339351027
>mad because whatever rank he achieved in league isn't impressive when Dota exists
>>
>>339349029
>Omg like the game is always the same, change something, mr. lizard
>Omg too many changes, like, em, icefraud what are you doing?
>>
>>339349029

Item balance isn't an issue for Dota. Vast majority of the new items have been good additions.

Balancing issues come when hero balance and fundamentals like xp gain, swings etc. come into play.
>>
>>339349029
>>339349029
>>mango
>>faerie fire
>>octarine
>>aether lens
bruv, thats like a year ago, we recently got added bunch of other shit, like banning, that no one does because people are to busy setting up their playlists, scans, that no one uses and people argue that they work on roshpit, echo sabers, dragon force lance staff, etc etc, keep up with the memes
>>
>>339347037
Dota is alread not easy to get into, Icefrog literally approved changes to facilitate that, something he never did before.
But every time the game seems like it's going to take off a bit further Valve just fucks everything up with either jewing, fucking up the servers or some other bullshit.
>>
>>339349029
>Adding a whole bunch of new items
heroes and dota in general were starved of items and build options for a long fucking time.
You are huge shitter if you didn't know that and should just fuck off and not talk about things you have no fucking clue.
>>
>>339351027
Sorry but anyone with half a brain cell(non-shitposters) already knew Dota would never become more popular.
I hope you're just shiposting too and didn't actually believe all of that shit. That would make you look dumb.
>>
>>339352131
>dota in general were starved of items and build options for a long fucking time
Nope. This was true before sheep was nerfed though. I think you're a huge shitter.

I do like the new items but there was plenty of build diversity.
>>
>>339351236
Honestly blizzard is a shit company and just needs to die.

They need to put down games, they suck at making those since 2008. They need to pursue their real talents:..

They need to compete with Pixar as a movie company.
>>
File: AtLeastI'mNotAnthonyBurch.jpg (100 KB, 226x788) Image search: [Google]
AtLeastI'mNotAnthonyBurch.jpg
100 KB, 226x788
>>339351357
>That's not much
>1100 hours in four years
>45.83 days played

That's 12 full days of one year, all 24 hours of each day, dedicated to one free game.

That's quite a bit, lol.

I've been married and I've had a kid the entire time. You don't even know how much I've dedicated to Dota hahahaha
>>
>>339349029
aether lens is great though. helps int heroes be somewhat relevant late game instead of it just being agi cunts.
>>
>>339349029
>Need to take whoever is responsible for the last few patches out the back and fucking shoot them.
This, not because of the new items, though. The blade mail buff has made the game so fucking stale. New meta is tanky heroes all the way and the game is starting to feel like LoL with how long it takes to kill people.
>>
>>339349296
its just consumables

its still stale as fuck

im still following it for the sake of the custom maps

and those paid bonuses did fuck all for it's map maker scene
>>
>>339349029
im still upset over slark getting true invis when he has a purge to out of stuns and dust
>>
>>339351027
League only got popular because it had like 0 competition on the market. This was back when Starcraft 2 was the top e-sport nigga lol.

HON would have killed it if it had went F2P on release.
>>
>>339353753
just nuke him like any other agi carry
they have shitty health pools

lion can throw both impale and hex
either way hes gonna eat a fuckton of damage even if he purges at least one of the ccs out
>>
>>339353302

That's less than 1 hour a day played during that time period.
>>
>>339354048
true enough but it still seems like an unnecessary change they need to change the price of anti invis
>>
>>339348204
Yeah. The quests are needlessly annoying (all this does is ruin games, really), you don't get winnings from enemy players losing a wager, getting the upgraded version of a set is a lot of work (and the upgrade doesn't even have particle effects or something that would justify it, it's just a recolor)
>>
>~1 million peak players daily
>dead game
I fucking hate this board so much
>>
File: 1464078886176.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1464078886176.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
>queue in america
>all shitskins and 3rd worlders

I MISS MY WHITE BRETHREN
>>
>>339357452
>they use their mic like your suppose to fucking understand them
>>
File: 1459251906455.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459251906455.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
Whoever still plays this game after the majors where introduced is an absolute retard
>>
>>339351236
>Tried out Heroes of the Storm because Tracer came in the Overwatch box. The game is actually really fucking fun. Takes most of the bullshit out of Dota, adds in a touch of Blizzard, and it's really quite smooth and enjoyable.

what a fucking noob you are ... i bet your mmr was even lower than 2k
>>
>>339351027
>league threads never had shitposters
>>
>this international's compendium cashgrab
more disgusting each year
No wonder Valve doesn't develop games anymore.
>>
>>339354896
That's factoring in not playing any other games during that time, and that's just not realistic.
>>
>>339357941
Nah, 2800. Never could win regularly since I always play with a friend and he's trash. Feeding type trash, but he's a great friend, so I suffered.

He actually has an easier time in HoTS, shocking I know, so we both have more fun in that regard too.
>>
>>339347037
No. Dota 2 is following the TF2 path.

It has so many garbage cosmetics and is so bloated that some people are getting tired of it. All they release is cosmetics too.

Then you have the part where IceFrog isn't working on it any longer and got replaced by Valve devs, and dotards are 100% loyal to the frog for whatever reason, so yeah.
>>
File: clap.jpg (112 KB, 785x657) Image search: [Google]
clap.jpg
112 KB, 785x657
>>339348974

I got the same spot. 4K MMR, it's just average, if not a little bad.

Played around 2000 hours myself. Sunk maybe $560 total in it too.

Now, I just stopped one morning. I wasn't having fun at all, even when winning.

I miss DOTA 2, just not enough to play. I do genuinely enjoy watching the International each year.

Valve doesn't need DOTA 2 to be more popular than league of legends in terms of player base. Have you seen how much cash they rake in from compendiums alone? It's insane.

The whales in the DOTA community are fat as shit.
>>
>>339351685
Comeback mechanic and making supporting 100x easier killed it for me. They are catering to the casual playerbase
>>
Even the competitive scene is fucked, valve have literally no clue what they're doing and are just going full Jew while the scene and game crash and burn around them.
This major and ti are going to be a fucking joke, literal shit tier teams getting direct invites, and retarded meta and patches that invalidate skill and experience.
>>
>>339351236
HotS is fun for about 4 hours because it has all the depth of a half-evaporated puddle.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.