[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your fondest vidya memory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: wargames.jpg (378 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
wargames.jpg
378 KB, 750x500
What's your fondest vidya memory?
>>
Ascending in NetHack for the first time
>>
>>339340238
Playing heroes might & magic 3 with my brother when he was alive
>>
>>339340238
Playing Mario Party4 with friends before descended into depression
>>
>>339340914
Oh the feels man....
>>
When I went on vacation with my dad for the first time. My sister brought her Game Boy with Tetris and a bunch of batteries and we spent the week trying to beat each other's score. I could hardly get past 100 lines, so when my dad reached 160 lines and my sister 180 I thought they had superpowers. After a week of intense block-stacking I finally set the familial high score with 210 lines. I still have the game and play it sometimes, but I never beat my own record and the nostalgia hits me hard when I hear the high score song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsK0Ezwa-p0
>>
>>339340238
Spent all of February vacation in '93 playing through LttP with my entire family passing the controller around.
>>
File: 09324892.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
09324892.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>339340238
Playing the Warcraft 2 Human campaign on Christmas day so fucking hard, I dreamed about building bases that night.
>>
File: e1m1.png (50 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
e1m1.png
50 KB, 640x400
>>339340238
Downloading the Doom 1 shareware off of AOL games and playing it for the first time. Shit blew my 6 year old mind. Up to that point, the only games I had played were on NES or Atari 2600.
>>
Playing Enemy Territory with my old clan.
>>
Playing MGS for the first time
Discovering JRPGs
Discovering /v/
2010-2014
Discovering Souls series and its developing community, having a shit ton of fun.
2013-2015
MGSV hype threads.
>>
On my 12th birthday I asked my mother and her boyfriend to get my brother Pokémon Red and a Gameboy Pocket, seeing as I got Pokémon Blue and a Gameboy Pocket the previous Christmas and he didn't get any Pokémon or Gameboy things and was pretty sad about it. He hugged me, and together, we collected all 151 Pokémon.

Then Yellow came out and things slowly went to shit. He hasn't spoken to me since 2004, save one time in 2014 when he was drunk. He hugged me, but then when he sobered up he went back to denying he even had a brother.

Nicholas, your brother misses you. Please come back into my life.
>>
>>339340238
Shitting in my pants for the zombies in Zelda 64
I managed somehow to get the Sun Song, but couldn't make it after you grow up and the town is infested. Had to call my brother to help me

No seriously, what the fuck was wrong with Nintendo? Wasn't Zelda supposed to be played by kids?
>Zombies
>They're ugly as fuck
>You hear a woman's cry and they paralyze you on sight
>They strangle you to death
>>
File: mgsposter.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3530) Image search: [Google]
mgsposter.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3530
Going to my buddy from school's house when I was 8 and playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time on his PS1. Never even heard of a stealth game at that point. The idea of that style of gameplay, having voice acted characters, and an actual storyline was completely alien to me and I couldn't get enough of it.
>>
Probably World of Warcraft
>>
>>339340339
I hope for the day I can finally say this.
>>
>>339342667
>understanding a story at 8 years of age
>>
Custom games in Halo 3 with friends
>>
>>339340238
Finishing my first Adventure , Loom

>>339340914
;_;
>>
>>339340238
Completing Red Dead Redemption
Completing NG+6 LVL4 in Bloodborne
>>
Probably when me and some friends managed to get a bootlegged halo disc working on the school computers. Multiplayer with about 20 of us.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.