[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone actually finished this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 91jd5n7CkHL._SL1500_.jpg (302 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
91jd5n7CkHL._SL1500_.jpg
302 KB, 1060x1500
I tried many times but always got bored. Its just so mediocre

>combat looks nice but is simple as fuck compared to other turn based RPGs like Temple of Elemental Evil, hell even Wasteland 2 felt more tacical
>storyline fails to make me give a fuck about it, its just badly delivered, why the fuck would I care about some guy I dont know being murdered?
>atmosphere and mood feels too pretty, way too forced, too plastic and fake, just makes me feel like puking

why is this game so praised again?
>>
Please respond
>>
>>339320708
>storyline fails to make me give a fuck about it, its just badly delivered, why the fuck would I care about some guy I dont know being murdered?
This. But not for the same reason. The moment I got into the room, that I was zapped and suddenly appeared in the end of the world room shit I realized that I would never finish this game.
>>
I had to push myself to finish it past the halfway point and you really didn't miss out on anything

The big bad is entropy, or a black hole, or something. And then it turns into a dragon and then you smack its ass like a bongo

>why is this game so praised again?
non-linear quests, interesting combat system and a strong first act

>hell even Wasteland 2 felt more tacical
W2's combat is a joke
>>
The boss fights are fun, but the exploration/trash mobs/dialogue are painfully mundane. Even the boss fights get boring overtime, when you've been through enough to exercise each of the strategies
>>
What's the difference between the Enhanced Edition and the normal one?

EE was given to everyone who bought the original but I haven't bothered to install it.
>>
File: lol2.png (133 KB, 351x355) Image search: [Google]
lol2.png
133 KB, 351x355
>>339320708
>backed the kickstaer
>got a copy of it
>played the released demo
>notebook barely handles it
>decides to save a bit to get a new pc in the future
>gets enhanced edition for free because i backed the kike starter
>still no better pc
>parents get a huge ass debt and i have to help paying it
>all my money goes away
>Sequel already in development
>I still haven't played this game.
>>
>>339322069
Tweaks n shit
>>
>>339322145
My advice to anyone who wants to play it is to not
The content just isn't good and you'll burn yourself out on the combat before we figure out if the sequel is going to be worthwhile or not
>>
File: 1460286209054.gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1460286209054.gif
11 KB, 650x450
>>339322145
>paying your parents debt
>>
>>339321449
Are you me?
I get it, they were trying to go for some goofy fantasy world ala Pratchett, but unless you're Terry himself, don't even try it or you'll end just making your audience not take your setting seriously, which ultimately ends with loss of interest.
>>
I got really close to the end but quit because I didn't care about the story at all and the gameplay didn't seem like it was getting any more complex. I did enjoy playing it though for the most part and would probably buy a sequel.
>>
>>339320708
Im glad im not the only who had trouble going through it.

I explored around the first town then took a break, and never bothered to keep playing.

The aesthetic made me feel like I was playing an mmo, the mundane storyline didnt help.
>>
>>339320708
>3.5 combat mechanics
>good
>>
>>339321449
Exactly this. I just want to go on an adventure that doesn't involve prophecies and the end of the world.
>>
>>339322790
It's stupid the way it's done. I came in knowing nothing so I'm told with the demo that I'm looking for "sourcerer" or something. And I'm like "Alright, I'm on a quest to kill an evil wizard. Not the most original but it's been a while and I get that stuff."

You go through tombs, then battle on a beach, find a town that has problems and solve them. That's simple RPG stuff. And then out of fucking nowhere, I open a door, die in the most goofy way, but actually I'm not dead no, I'm just in the middle of nowhere with an imp, telling me that the whole setting I thought I was in is shit because ACTUALLY, we're here to save the world, there's a tapestry and shit and we're not in it so fate doesn't fuck with us. Woohoo! Golly gee! I'm glad I learned this.
>>
>>339322413
idk about you but my parents are good folks. not helping would be a dickesh move.
>>
Game is awesome, finished it with my brother, we raped the void dragon because we were really well geared, i went full crafting and made OP gear for both of us.

It was really fun.
>>
>>339320708
My fiancée and I played through it together. The game has amazing combat and a decent story. I can't wait for the second one
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.