[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War: Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23
File: 20160528232148_1.jpg (783 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160528232148_1.jpg
783 KB, 1920x1080
Didn't see a thread, How goes your campaigns?

I lost the battle but took out 90% of their twoops, always remember loot, then raze. I let them build up forces.
>>
is there any way to see if a lord is in a town before walk over and start a fight and declare war?
>>
>>339311470
2 Campaigns on normal complete.

>>339311717
Huge flag on top of a city means it has a standing army in it.
>>
>>339311828
How do I win a campaign? Where do I see the conditions?
>>
>>339311963
last button on the right side over the end turn button.
>>
File: They're coming.jpg (573 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
They're coming.jpg
573 KB, 1920x1080
I'm scared.
>>
>>339312051
Kislev is the punching bag of all the chaos tribes, I wouldn't worry yet
>>
>Make 20 stack of flying units
>No army can stop me

Now all it needs is auto resolve not fucking over big units and npc agents to not have 100% success against you
>>
>>339311470
I played as the Counts, and did something odd. Rather than suffer from a kind of Schlieffen Plan like the Germans did in WWI, I made nice with the human nations.

The Dwarves and Greenskins made nice targets because of their distinct hatred for one another. They formed two big confederations as I came through, but the Dwarves offered peace at a crucial time as I was facing the Greenskins and Top Knotz.

So they are alive... for now

>they have ~60% vampiric corruption in all their provinces though
>>
>play Empire
>own Reikland, Marienburg, Wissenland, Middenland, Talabecland, Stirland and a large bit of Bretonnia
>I'm allied with nearly everybody because I fight Chaos and raze Skaellings
>still have to fight hard against Chaos and Norscans attacking from North and East and Greenskins and Topknotz from south
>suddenly Manfred attacks me despite having high opinion, trade and a NAP
>my entire defense gets fucked as undead legions fuck Stirland and Wissenland
>my Southern army group gets overrun, because I lack troops to fight Orcs and Vamps at the same time
>Greenskins flood my empire

It's fucking Endtimes all over again. It will take an eternity to clean up this mass. Fucking traiterous Von Carsteins.
>>
First time I played Empire today, I didn't know the dorfs were such dicks. Jeez. Leveled those Axe on red and white fuckers with the might of Sigmar.
>>
File: yes it is.jpg (232 KB, 947x719) Image search: [Google]
yes it is.jpg
232 KB, 947x719
>>339312827
>Around vampire counts, watch their head counts
>>
>>339313024
Kek'd
>>
The combat in TW games is pretty accurate to historical conflicts, in how they clash. But holy shit can it be boring. Beyond the very slow initial setup and clash, there's not a lot you can do to influence what happens afterwards. Units are too ponderous and stick to one another like glue.

I think a core component to any game is the ability for it to be dynamic, and make adjustments and respond to enemy adjustments. TW games make it clear why calvary was such a big deal. It's just about the only thing that affords you any mobility or ability to influence the map.
>>
>>339313024
Stole my post.

>>339312827
First rule of Empire, crush the fucking Vamp Cunts.
Second rule of Empire, unify the humies.
>>
File: 364360_20160529180516_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160529180516_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I gave em hell but it wasn't enough (this force had just sent Manfred packing).
>>
Is there some reason why when the AI attacks me, and there's an army one or two tiles away, I can't help my own military? But if I ever attack them, every unit within 50 tiles is suddenly coming over the mountains to help?
>>
>>339311470
>need to take one more province before I win
>my dwarf allies start spamming wars on all the humans
>adds about another 50 turns to my game
Fuck this shit. I'm just going to conquer/confederate everyone next time. Fuck letting them being autonomous assholes.
>>
My generic Vamp Lord slaughtered an entire army of skellies and zombies and crypt ghouls all by himself. He was level 2. That healing skill is OP.
>>
File: 20160525000536_1.jpg (689 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160525000536_1.jpg
689 KB, 1920x1080
>>339313425
It is getting better and better with each installment. I found their last historical title, Attila, had it almost perfect. One flaw that is a thorn in my side is the unit impacts in that game. They just kind of... bonk into one another.

It is oddly enough the fantasy title, Warhammer that has units with weight and gravity to them when they charge. They seemed to sacrifice units individually fighting to accomplish this but hey... can't be perfect when making such a huge jump into fantasy.

I love how you can rename pretty much anything in the game
>>
>>339314471
Skellies and zombies are really terrible at killing heroes, or pretty much anything for that matter, so it's not too surprising.
>>
The lack of ranged for counts make me really hesitant to play them.

Honestly, empire has the two things I like the most, which is lots of ranged and lots of cavalry.

Dwarves were fun because of all their ranged options but they are so fucking slow, and no cavalry at all is miserable. Still finished their campaign though since their ranged IS fun and fucking ironbreakers are immortal.

Haven't tried Chaos or Orcs yet. Orcs remind me a lot of the empire though. A little of everything, some good ranged cavalry for harass, but also some monstrous units for good measure.
>>
>>339314349
They go crazy on their own. Like they 'know' you'll back them up with anything
>>
Gonna have to wait until this piece of shit stop crashing.
>>
>>339314595
>They seemed to sacrifice units individually fighting to accomplish this
More like, it would require a ridiculous amount of animations to do matched combat for every single unit combination given all the different monsters and shit in the game. But non matched combat never really bothered me in earlier games and it doesn't bother me now.
>>
>>339314676
No shit I need them as allies or I can't win the campaign. I confederated all of them after that.

Not being able to have ANY grudges is just bullshit.

Especially with those random grudges that just pop for no reason, like needing a level 15 engineer.
>>
>orcs get a stabby hero up to like level 25
>I literally can't do anything about it
>it can pretty assassinate anyone in one try except my high king, which might take 3 or 4
>>
>>339314634
-Geists make up for the lack of range, at least for me. Terrorgeists are my favorite top end unit. Alternating between Dorfs and Cunts, I find a great mixture of strategy that keeps me changing it up everyday. Thunderers and Cannons make my dick hard in my ~50 turn Dorf campaign.

Seems everyone's general consensus is Emps are the best for people that want a little bit of everything. Orcs are the same, but with more-weaker unit packs.

Fuck Chaos, they need patched.
>>
>>339314634

Vampire counts have a slow start but if you like cavalry they have a very heavy cav focus. Instead of archers they get flying units which are shit at tier 1, but fantastic as soon as you hit tier 2. They're also big on heroes.
>>
>>339315187
kill him until it dies
>>
Does faction strength have any real meaning behind it when it's referring to a player?
>>
>>339315289
I always got more mileage out of quarrelers, but that is probably because I spent most of the campaign fighting orcs, and the extra range and higher damage just made all the difference. Cannons though, yeah. Those things are retarded. I think they might be too accurate or something because they ALWAYS had the most kills. They broke everything and killed everything. Didn't even see the point in considering anything else until the flamethrower one which was only better at much closer range.

And trust me, when you get to the later stages, ironbreakers are your best friends. They almost can't die if they have a decent red tree lord.
>>
>>339315479
Yes. it is looking at your relative number of troops, agents, and income compared to other nations. It's a ballpark rank though. Do not heed it... too much anyway
>>
>>339315479
It means you have the strongest total military might. But usually that only counts if you combined all your armies together.
>>
>>339315440
Not him but what if you only have some low lvl agent who can't do shit?
Also I fucking hate grimgor Ironhide. He's already some unstoppable lvl 25 juggernaut who singlehandedly smashes entire armies.
>>
>>339315594
>ironbreakers are your best friends

you speak well anon, they gave my necro troops one hell of a fight. One unit the center absorbed several of my own. Had to flank with flying units
>>
>>339315730
Sounds like he is lore legit then. Ask the elves to help you out.
>>
>>339314096
>+15557
dwarfs are so balanced right guys?
>>
File: phew....jpg (44 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
phew....jpg
44 KB, 426x341
>>339315730
>tfw faced this very situation
>tfw I surrounded him after barely beating his army
>tfw I used soul leech over and over again to lower his health with Manfred von Carrstein
>tfw he finally died after beat six entire units by himself
>>
>>339315657
>>339315684
danke, always seems super low for me compared to other groups I am demolishing
>>
>>339315594
I had a squad of 4 thunderers shoot Freddie's zombie dragon riding ass out of the sky before he could start any trouble aside from one vortex cast. I fell immediately in love.

Looking forward to Irondraking the Chaos pricks into hell. They were next on my list after I get to Gyrocopters.

Why are Thorgrim's quests absolute ass.
>>
>>339315440
I had to wipe out the greenskins entirely so he despawned. That was the only option I had.

Would have helped if I had known going in that Thanes were the "assassin" hero for dwarves. Could have leveled one enough to kill him in a reasonable time frame.
>>
how do you deal with ranged cavalry?
tried responding with my own, but they fucking failed.

only thing i've found so far is focus my crossbows on them, but that means taking away several units for one that keeps running away like a bitch. if i don't focus them, the fucking things come back to harass some more, despite being routed 80 times in one battle.
>>
How do I counter cavalry?
>>
>>339315895
Low tier undead are so goddamned expendable I can't be surprised. Cavalry are a must against dwarves. Flying or on foot. Its their one real weakness. In a straight fight they are almost unstoppable.
>>
>>339316019
I always had trouble making gyrocopters work, except for the flame thrower ones. The bombing ones dont seem to do anything except drop 10 bombs per fight then be useless.
>>
>>339315895
Dwarfs have gold mines right next to their castles. The rest of the factions are a bunch of peasants surviving by farming compared to them.
>>
>>339315984
Bitte, the ranks go crazy once the Chaos factions really emerge. They suddenly get stacks upon stacks of units and fudge the whole thing.

>>339316072
Crossbows, like you said. Catching them is impossible unless you use Fell Bats as the undead. And good luck having a few rabid bats defeat glorious missile cavalry of the Empire or Chaos.

>>339316167
Spears and numbers. Try to pin them if they charge into you. If you prevent them from pulling out for another charge, you can slaughter them in great number.
>>
>>339316038
Even then I find any of the factions "assassins" to be completely limp compared to the outrageous success rate that the AI gets. Even if I have the "lower to enemy agent success rate" stuff stacked up, it doesn't mean anything.

Block army here, assassinate everyone there. Annoying as fuck. I preferred the agent rocks/scissors/paper before, this shit is frustrating.
>>
>>339315872
I'm sorry Anon i know nothing about Warhammer lore. Just a long time TW series fan and i'm getting my shit pushed in as dwarfs on normal. Also I haven't seeny any elves yet.

>>339315730
I Attack that motherfucker with a 20-stack army and he wipes me out with around 10 units + himself. Fuck those Greenskins!
>>
>>339311470
How do I git gud with Greenskins in their campaign?
>>
>>339316260
Only making them for the quest. They seemed alright from that first quest battle you get where they reinforce you, but not my cup of tea.

Same with Slayers. I might but using them poorly but they just crumble even in flanking situations. Going to make playing as Ungrim a pain.
>>
>>339316484
Elves are coming soon(TM) and then the forces of Order will be stronger.
>>
>>339316482
I figured that was the point of having three hero types in the first place, but it didn't turn out that way. There needs to be more reliable ways to deal with enemy heroes. If they run wild long enough they become unstoppable until their faction is wiped out.
>>
>>339316646
Slayers are GREAT at killing monstrous units, and good at killing most other things too. The issue is they are as durable as a wet paper bag. And considering how expensive they are, its really unreasonable to keep replacing them, which you will have to do.

Gyrocopters are okay because they are the only way you will catch fleeing units, or flank, or any of that reliably as dwarves. Everything else is way too slow. They are pretty weak compared to other flying units though.
>>
>>339316548
Get used to hitting hard first. All I can say. Raid when you aren't in combat with the enemy, but make sure their armies can't reach you while you are doing so.

Confederate with your friendly neighbors in order to gain land and income peacefully. Sometimes armies too.

Be cautious when fighting enemies with plenty of flanking units: fliers and cavalry. Have reserve infantry to counter them so your archers can stay safe and continue to put pressure on their units.
>>
>>339316484
meant for
>>339315907
>>
File: 1.jpg (779 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
779 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339316727
I did too until I saw which ever faction had four heroes and knew it wasn't going to matter. Some things to be to tweaked, it's just a nightmare on anything higher than normal.

>>339316890
Yea after a couple battles with slayers I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Gyrocopters I'll give a chance, but again mainly just making them for that quest.
>>
File: ohhhhh yes.gif (485 KB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
ohhhhh yes.gif
485 KB, 450x270
>>339317114
Glorious
>>
>>339317114
>Cavalry and artillery against dwarfs
>favoured autoresolve strength
hhhehehe
>>
>>339311470

lol day 1 dlc
>>
The only Total War game I played is Shogun 2 and I liked it. But I didn't really get into the combat becaused I sucked at it and auto resolving them got me better results most of the time.

Is this game worth getting? Are the combat tutorials better?
>>
>>339317473
Pretty much more of the same but this game has each faction with very different units and play styles.
>>
>>339317473
Tutorials are probably worse. Just git gud or learn on youtube.
>>
File: 2014-10-23_00005.jpg (399 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-23_00005.jpg
399 KB, 1440x900
>>339317473
When I started as the Vampire Counts, you actually have to start the campaign in a battle. It was a tutorial and helped me out despite being a seasoned Total War player.

That gives you the basics though. Just keep playing custom battles to get used to the units and the tactics associated with them.

You'll be smashing skulls and making widows in no time
>>
>>339317473
I played some of Shogun 2 like 20 hrs, I'm not a die-hard TW fan but I like the setting of this and I love the game. The tutorial is like built in and this adviser just suggests things as you go, you can turn it off at any time.
>>
>>339317785
It was so fucking easy to defend in Shogun 2. Goddamn. Like 6 archers and a few yashigaru could defend against triple death stacks. It was insane.
>>
>>339317914
>>339317874
>>339317785
>>339317713
>>339317582
Sounds good. My biggest problems were when I had to siege castles or the naval battles. I couldn't even beat the tutorial siege battle, but I read that many players thought the map was hard.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (285 KB, 639x1219) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
285 KB, 639x1219
why do you guys support non progressive/sexist video game companies? Well /v/?
>>
>>339318275
Doesn't Brettonia have exactly that?
>>
>>339312827
>You invaded the Bretons over crushing Carstein

How dum are you. Once End Times starts Bretons throw a billion trade agreements at you and Carstein sits on a gold resource.
>>
How do you confederate someone?

I controlnonly reikland and currough for now, but stirland, wisserland, middenland and talabecland are bro tier bros to me, all.bond with military alliances.

Yet if I ask them to confederate with me, they'll refuse
>>
>>339318275
The second is obvious trolling. The first one though seems to be really triggered.
>>
>>339316902
Thanks. How often should I occupy vs. looting and razing?
>>
Just built a 20 steam tank army. Im about to play Total World War 2 in a minute.
>>
>>339318446
You can pay them off. I had to pay 20k gold to get someone to confederate with me last game I played.
>>
>>339318446
You have to be stronger than them and usually catch them in a moment of weakness or when they're really afraid of a neighbor or so
>>
>>339318524
How are steam tanks?

How are empire units in general?

Only really played dwarves.
>>
Does anyone actually use skirmish units? Every skirmish unit I built with empire didn't seem to do jack shit. Sure you can harass them but they lose to missile units and don't do any damage. And yeah, I could charge them into archers but why not just use cavalry at that point. It's not like skirmish units are cheap like they were in napoopan.
>>
>>339318652
Steam Tanks are ridiculously good. Chaos warriors and Vampire lords have no answer to them because thier lack of armor piercing units.
>>
File: 2016-02-22_00001.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-22_00001.jpg
476 KB, 1920x1080
>>339318519
Good question, I usually loot first to get the gold before razing. I occupy resource cities and towns in order to make more money and trade more resources with fellow greenbros

>>339318524
kek

>>339318572
20k? damn nigga, I never pay over 5000. If they are that stubborn, fuck em

>>339318583
this helps too
>>
>>339318729
Good against dwarves and can be good against certain undead armies.

Past that, no idea.
>>
>>339312712
You can't expand by fighting them though, genius
>>
>>339318840
I had 300k gold. It was kind of a nonissue. You take that one unique gem mine province and you never run out of gold as dwarves.
>>
Is there a mod that lets me capture anything as any faction? Trying to wipe out some factions when I have to literally travel 6-8 turns to get back to friendly territory is maddening.
>>
>Chaos Invades just as I send Manfredd and a Doomstack south to do quests in the southern Badlands.
>Have two more Doomstacks in my territory, which extends from South of the Black Mountains and also Wissenland, Averland and Stirland
>Dwarves, Greenskins and Empire has all Confederated, Empire is my buffer zone to the North
>Had sent 5 godamn heroes south so that my armies wouldnt suffer attrition, as well as maxing out all the skills and research to stop attrition, I was ready to do these quests damnit.

>Just as Manfredd departs from my single port, 4 Chaos Doomstacks come ripping and tearing south
>Empire MOVES THEIR ARMIES OUT OF THE WAY and loses the villages north of me
>One of my doomstacks, the weaker one was mostly skeletons, Zombies and a few monsters manages to take on Archaeon and the Lord of Change and weaken both of them significantly, but is wiped out in the process
>They begin to siege Castle Templehof
>I move my other stack to support the castle, it has a sizable garrison so this could actually turn it around
>Lord of Change attacks my stack and gets reinforced by Archaeon(who was sieging) but I don't get reinforced by the garrison, despite being right next to it.
>Lose, but kill the Lord of Change and leave one of the stacks with only Marauders
>Meanwhile, Dragon Ogre is raping all of my lands

Well, Manfredd completed his quests and is on his way back, with a new sword and all of my high end units. A reckoning comes with him. As soon as Chaos is repulsed, I'm burning the fucking Empire to the ground.
>>
>>339311470
>twoops
kys
>>
>>339319010
Yes, it works for every faction except chaos I believe.
>>
File: North.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
North.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
>>339318853
Sure you can, just occupy their shit thanks to the "Occupy All" mod.
>>
File: a bomb.jpg (7 KB, 191x252) Image search: [Google]
a bomb.jpg
7 KB, 191x252
>playing dwarfs
>mfw fighting chaos raiders

FUUUUUCK
THEY HAVE SO MUCH CAVALRY AND I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT
FUCK OFF
>>
>>339319010
yea there's an occupy any location and diplomacy+ mod in steamworks
>>
>>339319118
One MEWWION TWOOPZZZ!!11 XDXd
>>
>>339319184
>>339319240
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>339319029
You can pay money to teleport your lord straight to the quest battle location.
>>
File: Central.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Central.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>339319202
>>
Is this game actually good? Or is it Rome 2 all over again?

Currently I'm enjoying Shogun 2 but I might consider getting TWW next year when the price drops.
>>
>>339319225
Shoot them until they die. Or surround your ranged in ironbreakers and laugh.
>>
File: South.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
South.jpg
486 KB, 1920x1080
>>339319289
>>
>>339319240
>>339319010

Don't do this. It breaks the game because of how ridiculously strong you can get by being able to capture everyones shit.
>>
>>339319225
Dwarves V Chaos you p much gotta make 3/4 of a circle with your troops and pray your walls of stunty holds
>>
Is it true there aren't really any sieges or town battles, they're just on a field? And you can't give your units special orders like shield wall and formations?

It's like they take shit away every game, I can't wait for CA to go under.
>>
>>339319318
It's good, but I enjoyed Rome II after Emperor Edition dropped. It plays like no Total War game I've ever played, so you'll just have to find out
>>
>>339319468
It is true, unfortunately. However, every town as the ability to build walls in this game. So you can prevent this if you devote a building spot to it.

There are no unit abilities, but the heroes have crazy ones
>>
>>339319397
You can get pretty ridiculous just capturing the shit you already can capture.
>>
Beat dwarf campaign. Thinking about either Vamps or Empire next.

Anything I should know about them? Anything about count magic I should beeline for, or units to avoid or whatever?
>>
>>339319468

If your town has walls then it becomes a traditional siege battle, but otherwise it's just a regular field battle. Regular units don't have abilities, but mage and hero characters have shitloads of them to make up for it
>>
File: happy merchant.jpg (177 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.jpg
177 KB, 680x800
Just finished a legendary campaign with Chaos.

I razed everything. EVERYTHING.
>>
>>339311470
When you get your army formation set up, how do you move them without fucking up the formation?
>>
>>339319602
>>339319724

That's too bad. I'm glad I didn't get hyped for this game.

I may check it out if someone makes a Third Age mod for it and fixes all that shit.
>>
>>339319285
That would have been nice to fucking know. I spent a long fucking time building up corruption to get down there, damnit.
>>
>>339319689

As empire capture marienburg as fast as possible. It's unique port is amazing.

Also build a temple of sigmar in your first province and upgrade it to rank 2 fast. You will need witch hunters to stop chaos armies going all benny hill on your ass.
>>
>CA finally releases a game that's not completely broken day one
>game is built from the ground up with DLC in mind
Why do you hate us so much?
>>
>>339319941
Thanks.
>>
>>339319689
Empire is fun but you will constantly be harassed in every direction and the landmass you have to protect balloons fast. Reiksguard are the best cavalry until you get demigryph knights. Empires strongest asset are seige weapons, use a hellfire battery to bait enemies into attacking you instead of vice versa.
>>
>>339319964
At least a lot of it will be free.

Also, you forget the game wouldn't start for a lot of people day 1.
>>
>>339319689
Make sure you Get Cairnwraiths and Hexes as soon as possible. Both those units have Ethereal, which means that against most units, they will take no damage whatsoever. Hexes also get vanguard deployment and are in my opinion, the best cav in the game.

Don't expand North as the Cunts, expand South( to the Border Princes) and West.
>>
File: Cap_and_hawkes.jpg (113 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
Cap_and_hawkes.jpg
113 KB, 1280x533
>Playing Orks
>Have full control of everything in the southern part of the map, all other Orks beaten and the butthurt Dwarfs hiding in their capital
>Suddenly a Chaos army rolls up near Barak Varr where Grimgor's doomstack is chilling, first one I've seen all game
>It's just 7 heavily depleted units
>Along with Archaon
>Walk over and hit auto-resolve
>"Archaon is dead and Chaos is defeated!"
I thought these guys were supposed to be scary? The world just got saved by a Greenskin and the manlet and humie shitlords won't even thank me for it.
>>
>>339319964
I'd be a lot more mad if this game wasn't so fucking fun.

>For the Elector Counts!
>>
>>339319964
At least it's DLC that people will actually give a shit about like new races and legendary lords
Much better than copypaste nordic factions or something
>>
>>339320261
He got killed by NPCs in my last game without me ever seeing him. He did seem to wipe out half the northern part of the map before I got there though.
>>
Kemmler or von Carstein first playthrough?
>>
>>339319851
Hold Alt-Left Click and drag them.
>>
>>339319964
>60$
>4 factions
>can't even conquer any territory you want
>chaos was going to be a paid dlc
>Warhammer strategy game without chaos
Why is this allowed?
>>
>Trying out dorfs
>Doing well
>Two Doomstacks of Orcs roll in and smash me

T-Thanks
>>
>>339320363
Thanks over 100 turns into my first camp and I was still selecting one by one lol
>>
>>339320354
Kemmler is so underpowered right now that taking him on anything above hard borders on masoschism.
>>
>>339320434
If the orcs get a Waagh before turn 50ish as dwarves just restart. Its over.
>>
Whats the unit sizes on ultra?

In derp scape max not modded was like 160 for units and 80 for cavalry.
>>
File: 364360_20160529171202_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160529171202_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Kholek Suneater not so tough after getting spooked
>>
>>339320434
Bottom left > Ambush stance

Your welcome
>>
>>339320308
Oh it's very fun, I mostly wish there were more map variations and races to play. It just feels like there should be a lot more for 60 bones

I know free DLC is on the way but the first free race isn't coming until the end of the year according to their website
>>
>>339320624
Elite units are 90 or so, cheap units are 160, cavalry is usually 60 except for demigryphs which are 24 strong.
Trolls and stuff have 12 units on ultra.
>>
>>339320434
Dwarf start is painful RNG regarding if 8000 orcs will knock your shit in on turn 20.

CA labeling thier start as 'easy' is a joke.
>>
>>339320764
Okay just wondering since elite units were like 120 before.
>>
>>339320634
>All this blur
Jesus are you playing at 720p resolution scale or something?
Not mean't bad, my GPU is old as fuck and useless too.
>>
been having a lot of fun with the single player, wiped out the dwarves almost immediately mainly because thorgrim was a pain in the fucking ass

been trying out multiplayer and it seems to me that the dwarves are kind of weak and monsters are pretty overpowered, anyone else have any thoughts on the MP?
>>
File: karlindahouse.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
karlindahouse.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>Be empire
>All the human settlements come to me for confederation after two very short curb stompings of rebel/anti-empire groups
>Have trade with dwarfs and brits so much im making 10K a turn
>Curb stomp chaos as it tries to roll south, keep the fight in the kisv and support my bear riding allies with the emperors finest, chaos never touches my realm.
>Break the changer of ways in the siege of kisv and kill archeon in the same fight
>Peace everlasting between the realm of man
>become merchant prince emperor
>so fucking rich Bathazar gelt asks me about gold transmutation
>Vampires turn fucky after a few years
>Stomp that ass with steam tanks and hand gunners for miles
>They beg for forgiveness and truce
>Lol no
>Aid my dwarf brothers against the greenskin tide

my campaign is going well, fully leveled karl franz

I wish elves was in this game.
>>
>>339320985
That's what the game looks like maxed out. It's pretty ugly overall.
>>
>>339321021
>anyone else have any thoughts on the MP?
Dont bother with it

Seriously, its not possible for them to balance both the campaign and the MP, so the MP is going to stay utterly broken forever. You might find a game every once and a while thats fair but most will be unbalanced as fuck.

An empire army with 2 witch hunters will win against literally any other army because of their ability to snipe generals.
>>
File: sigmarite.png (419 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
sigmarite.png
419 KB, 986x553
You're playing chaos as you should be, right /v/?

How's your quest for demonhood going?
>>
>>339321328
>played chaos
>couldnt get a second army going
>turn 100 as 1stack chaos running for 3 stacks
I dont think Chaos and very hard mix well
>>
>>339311470
Strange.
Playing Vamps on hard and on my campaign Chaos got absolutely destroyed by Hochland.
The smaller electors and the Empire are doing pretty good although I took their capital and now they're recluse in Bretonnia.
>>
File: 1396727858547.jpg (65 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1396727858547.jpg
65 KB, 342x342
>>339317114
>That autoresolve bar
>>
>>339321140
The game is that fucking blurry maxed out? Jesus Fuck What?
Last time i checked the game had MLAA and MSAA but no super blurry TAA so i didn't expected the game to be that blurry at 1080p
>>
>>339321151
that's a shame to hear
maybe i'll fuck about in it with my friends later on, it was kinda fun for the few games i played
>>
>>339318275
Say that to all of my Female Vampire Heroes and Banshees
>>
>>339320764

Does unit size matter? Or is it balanced out on all unit sizes?
>>
>>339311470
How often should I occupy as Empire?
>>
>>339322563
I do it most of the time unless its just obvious its a bad idea. Like if I am at war with someone way north that takes 4 turns to defend Ill just sack it. I also don't go too far north because when Chaos comes It is harder to defend from their vassals.
>>
>>339323303
4 turns to get there from another town I mean.
>>
>>339311717

Protip: You can't permanently kill enemy faction leaders.
I found this out when, playing as Vampire Counts, noticed that Archaon the Everchosen was besieging a city held by Emperor Karl Franz.
I marched my armies right up there and took them both out, taking special care to see that the lords went down in each fight. Even murdered the prisoners and razed the city for good measure.
A few turns later, Archaon is leading a half stack south into my area while Franz is chilling over in Altdorf. Was a little bummed out.
>>
>>339318275
>No Valkia the Bloody, instead get Slaanesh worshipping faggot
>No Dark Elves for Sorceresses and Witch Elves
>No normal elves for Rangers or Wizards
Meh. Just gotta wait for DLC.
>>
>>339323867
You can kill Archaon, it's part of the victory conditions and when you do Chaos is wiped out.
>>
>>339312336
Dwarf army decimates you
>>
>>339323984
>no lord of change DESPITE one being shown in the trailer
tzeentch must be recoiling in disgust, this is a fucking travesty
>>
>>339324564

Did you even play the game? It's literally the end boss.
>>
>Warhammer have dozens of races
>Can only play as 4 of them at release
>Blood DLC on it's way, paying to see blood in A WARHAMMER game
The number of DLCs will be outrageous
>>
>>339324120
What would you say is the hardest counter to dwarves?

Lots of cavalry?
>>
Chaos armies are so fucking annoying with their insane movement range. They run into my provinces TOWARDS my army, do a little raiding, and then run to where they're just barely outside my army's movement range. This continues forever. No matter what they do, I can never catch up with them. How the fuck do I stop this?

>>339324564

There's a mod out that adds them, can't remember what it's called though. Check the Steam Workshop page.
>>
>>339324741
i was more referring to chaos not even being able to recruit it
plus i'm only about 1/3 the way through my campaign so i wasn't aware there was a boss
>>339324838
found it, no screenshots attached sadly
>>
0-4 empire
5-9 vamps
>>
>>339324817
Cavalry, the huge monsters like giants and Arachnarok since they have no spears.
>>
is this game goo?
>>
>>339324817
>>339325239
Just like the dwarves in The Third Age Total War.
>>
>>339325110
K. Whats a good build for Franz? Just go hard red?
>>
When playing as the Vampire Counts, do Humans only become aggressive after you've taken the whole of Sylvania?

I conquered both Western/Eastern pretty fast with the exception of Schwartzhaven, the green guys. They seemed pretty bro-tier so I got all friendly with them right up until I realised I couldn't absorb them into my territory eventually.

At that point I backstabbed the un-living shit out of them, after which all the nearby human nations became rowdy and declared war.
>>
>>339318178
siges are hard, avoid them and autoresolve unless you are the one in the castle.
>>
>>339314780

Never crashed once for me, must be your computer. You using a lot of mods?
>>
What's /v/'s opinion on Lords?

I was playing as the Dwarfs and recruited the stoutest motherfucker you'll ever meet, Dorin Clanbreaker. He looked like just an average lord, but the fucker fought twice as hard as the High King, and never lost a battle.

Soon enough he met with Grimgor Ironhide and they had an insane showdown at the centre of the battlefield. They were going pretty equal because at this point I had spec'd Dorin as a heavy as fuck duelist as well as an inspiring leader. Soon enough, though, the Greenskin forces routed and Grimgor was surrounded.
>>
Is Chaos fun?
>>
>>339326306

I had tons of fun with fully upgraded Archaeon and his Chimera mounted buddy, Lothar.
>>
>>339326306
Since Legendary Lords can only get injured they met again in the Badlands many times, and I like to think that they had a big rivalry going on where Dorin was the only General to ever best Grimgor, let alone win every battle against him.
>>
How many turns does the average campaign last? So far, I keep fizzling out and losing interest between 50-100.
>>
Daily reminder you only need 3 undead dragons to crush 2 stack armies, 5 if you want to insta-win the game.
>>
There's some little shitbag dwarf Thane roaming around my territory sabotaging things, and the game won't let me murder him. What are you even supposed to do with these things?
>>
>>339326447
No. Well, at least not for me. I get what they're going for and while it has the roaming band of slaughtering pricks like Attila. It just lacks some things and suffers from lack of polish.

It's been a nightmare pushing through my bro-op as he keeps getting Skaeling in his face. Doesn't help that being his ally everyone is pissed at me and we can't trade. It's been a slog. Only advantage is everyone keeps sending their armies up north to him while I can poach off their settlements.
>>
>>339326761
I think you can deploy your own Heroes to stop them. If you're a Vampire, I've heard that the Banshee hero is incredibly effective at this.
>>
>>339326761
Send your own hero to try to assassinate, fail, and be sent away for several turns while they continue to harass you and level up and become even more unstoppable.
>>
>>339325348
Bro it's very goo
>>
File: 20160529191011_1.jpg (750 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160529191011_1.jpg
750 KB, 1920x1080
Send help
>>
>>339327210
Are you defending from inside the city? You could intentionally open your gates to deter ladders, chokehold them in the opening while using your missile infantry to take out anything that isn't in the chokehold. That probably still won't win it but it will do the most damage.
>>
>>339327743
Make sure to put weak infantry on the front line to take the pain of any kind of charge or archers. Their heroes may wipe out entire units, the best way to counter a hero is to trap them between two lines of archers but I don't see yourself being able to coordinate that until they've broken through the chokehold and you don't want to waste their ammo on heroes during the approach section.
>>
>>339327743
Archers on the wall btw and that's why you want to deter ladders
>>
>>339316072
they are incredibly strong, especially when i was playing chaos fighting empire with their pistoliers and advance pistoliers with +damage against amour.

I think the only way to deal with them is either have stronger ranged, or really fast units that keep them unable to turn around to shoot.

wolves, Pegasus knights or any other "very fast" units would be a strong counter for them.

I got fucking shat on so many times against emps. Its awful.
>>
>>339316072
What race are you playing? As Vampire Counts I usually dispatch a few zombie units as fodder to chase away any archers or missile cavalry.
>>
>>339320261
>The world just got saved by a Greenskin

This canonically happened in the big End Times 1.0 event Storm of Chaos but the butthurt fags at GW retconned it all because they wanted a chaos victory.
>>
>>339321916
god damn banshees are the most efficient and durable killers against some armies
Wight kings have nothing on them.
>>
>>339327210
fuckin ai in this game spams missle units like no tomorrow.
>>
>>339331039
I hate missile cavalry the most. Without flying units they're the worst to chase down.

Hated that shit with the middle-eastern fucktards in Rome 2.
>>
Any idea on how future armies will play?

I'm Imagining Skaven to be:
High troop numbers
Little to no armour except stormvermin
Fast
Morale heavily tied to numbers
Some kind of warpstone mechanic that increases stats with some kind of decay.
Armies have a stealth factor to them
Decent artillery with a decent chance to blow up
>>
>>339321961

Some magic is more powerful at smaller unit sizes, as shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3M_R-Vy4jU
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.