[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Virtual Console such fucking barren and pathetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Wii-U-Virtual-Console.jpg (108 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
Wii-U-Virtual-Console.jpg
108 KB, 960x528
Why is the Virtual Console such fucking barren and pathetic
>>
because you are a dumbass that doesnt know how to emulate
>>
>>339308710
>he bought games on the virtual console
You deserve it you faggot
>>
>>339308710
Kind of disappointing compare to the Wii's VC but most of the big staple Nintendo NES/SNES games are there. Wish they had GBA games on 3DS though, makes no sense having them on Wii U.
>>
Because they literally took years of progress creating a huge library of games to buy on the Wii and threw it all away when then Wii U came out
>>
>>339310771
3DS isn't able to emulate them properly

When you play GBA games via the Ambassador program, your friends can't see that you're online, pressing the Home button doesn't even pause the game, and closing the system doesn't even really put it in "sleep" mode.

It has to physically turn itself into a GBA in order to play those.

Also, give us fucking cross-buy you pieces of shit. I have the DKC games on Wii U eShop, at least offer me a discount.
>>
>>339311323
>Also, give us fucking cross-buy you pieces of shit.
Why do that when they can keep charging you again and again for the same games
>>
>>339310771
>makes no sense having them on Wii U
sure it does. The Wii U controllers all have better d-pads than the 3DSes and it's way easier to record a home console than a handheld.
>>
>>339310784
Why did the wii library not get carried over?
>>
>>339312056
It was mentioned in some past investors meeting by Iwata but I think it had something to do with the fact that Nintendo weren't the ones in control of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection system in the first place.
>>
>>339312056
Licensing

The Wii's VC roms were licensed to be Wii games and only Wii games. Not a big deal for 1st party games but all the 3rd party games have to be renegotiated, and most probably weren't interested in trying it again

Also consider dumping 500+ games on the VC at once, versus releasing 1-2 games every week. In the first scenario, most of the games no one gives a shit about would probably sell a single copy. In the second scenario, even shitty games get some attention because they're the only games releasing that week, so they can hope to sell more copies of games that wouldn't have sold otherwise
>>
>>339308710
No Gamecube games
Hell I wouldn't be surprised if there are no Gamecube games because Nintendo thought "the Gamecube didn't do so well so that means nobody wants Gamecube games"
>>
No idea.

The first fucking thing Nintendo should have done was get every game they have rights to up on there at launch.

Also I am not going to fucking pay for that shit. Make it free.
>>
>>339308710
Wii U virtual console fucked up OG Virtual Console and his users.
Nintendo is selling you roms and then they fucked up CoolROM.com Nintendo sections
No GC games.
No third parties support.
And don't forget no proper account system.
>>
>>339312947
I'm fine with no Gamecube games, but they have no excuses for the DS section to be so barren.
>>
>>339312947
>And don't forget no proper account system.

This.

HOW THE FUCK DO THEY NOT HAVE A PROPER SYSTEM.

IN.

CURRENT YEAR - 10.
>>
>>339312410
Best part is with Wii Mode homebrew, a Wii U can run GC games, and make use the Smash Wii U GC Controller Adapter.
But Nintendo will never let you officially do something like that.
>>
I just want proper working N64 games.
>>
>>339313060
I had to call Nintendo four times and speak to a manager to have them "graciously" allow me to get my VC games off my Wii that had broken onto my Wii U.

Thry couldn't do a proper transfer, so they gave me credit instead. It's completely fucking stupid and I think it makes Nintendo one of the biggest cancers out there.
>>
>>339308710
>n64 section is barren
>ds section is shit
>start selling wii games but only like 5 sincevthey started over a year ago
>certain games are 3ds or wiiu only
>the wii e shop had more than triple what the new eshop has.
It's like they don't want normies' money
>>
>>339313662
Emulators become a thing thanks to PAID emulators on iOS and Android devices, so, normalfags play their retro games there.
>>
File: Startropics_box.jpg (78 KB, 350x494) Image search: [Google]
Startropics_box.jpg
78 KB, 350x494
>>339312302
What I don't understand is why Nintendo put some NES games like Mother, StarTropics, and Excitbike VS on Wii U but not 3DS.
>>
>>339308710
>barren and pathetic
What? On the Wii U the VC has

>~90 NES games
>~50 SNES games
>~15 N64 games
~70 GBA games
~25 DS games
~15 Wii games

Then with the Wii VC you have more NES/SNES
~15 Master System games
~75 Mega Drive games
~55 TurboGrafx games
~55 Neo Geo Games
~20 Arcade games

What are you talking about OP?
>>
>>339314142
The problem with Wii VC is that some consoles requires either a Classic Controller which went out of production years ago or a GameCube controller which can't be used for anything but Sm4sh on the Wii U.
>>
>>339314560
>a GameCube controller which can't be used for anything but Sm4sh on the Wii U.
Or the Wii VC. Which we are talking about.
>>
>>339314142
Go to bed Bill, after that
>this is WHY you will LIKE Federation Force
you're not cool anymore.
>>
>>339314642
The gamecube adapter doesn't work for anything other than Smash 4, you cannot use it for Wii VC games.
>>
>buying ROMs
>>
>>339308710

I should think the virtual console should be the easiest fucking money for Nintendo, but they are dragging their feet with it fucking HARD. Then games available for one console aren't on another, and those that ARE multiplat you have to buy separately for each platform. It's THE stupidest shit.

It's not like they are putting a ton of resources into developing a bunch of entirely new games either - they just aren't putting out shit in general.
>>
>>339312773
t. poorfag
>>
>>339315558

You don't get rich spending money needlessly.
>>
>>339315403
In Japan they got a shitload of VC games. Licensing is much more of a bitch to handle outside of Japan. However, it doesn't help that Nintendo refuses to release almost everything that never made it outside of Japan before even if it doesn't need any translating.
>>
>>339315403
>>339315791
I think they just don't give a shit anymore.

Think about it. Nintendo as a whole has a depressive disorder. It makes so much sense.
>>
>>339315652

Good thing I'm already rich
>>
>>339315791
>Licensing is much more of a bitch to handle outside of Japan
We're talking about Nintendo's own games
>>
>>339308710
nintendo should offer a "streaming" service because they have such a large collection of games

$20 a month to access all of the NES/SNES/GBA etc libraries
>>
>>339316671
>$20 a month to access all of the NES/SNES/GBA etc libraries
>$240 dollars a fucking year

Good goy.
>>
>>339312302

They should have negotiated the licensing to be indefinite if they expected to make another console after the Wii.

I mean really, how does Sony do it?
>>
>get loadiine
>????
>play nearly all Nintendo games
>>
>>339312302
Then why the fuck is F-Zero X not on the eshop?

wish i could find a .wad of this game i'd just use that instead
>>
>>339308710
Because Nintendo doesn't give a fucking shit.

Same can be said for other companies that don't re-release their old stuff on PSN/XLBA/Steam/etc, but they do have some excuses like licensing, putting some effort into fixing/updating/etc stuff to run on modern hardware, etc.

My two main complaints of VC:
1) No cross-buy, if I get SMB2 on the Wii U I should get it on the 3DS.
2) The emulator is pathetic with only one save slot, and some other minor features would be nice(like changing speed).
>>
>>339308710
A combination of licensing and Nintendo being fucking retarded with what should and shouldn't see a release.
>Pokemon RBY gets a VC release
>Pokemon Stadium will never see a comfy home console release
>Hey You Pikachu will never see a comfy home console release
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.