[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Capcom don't release a New Onimusha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: onimusha.jpg (129 KB, 1274x628) Image search: [Google]
onimusha.jpg
129 KB, 1274x628
>>
Lots of reasons. If they even hinted at half of the old cast, they'd have to go back into the rights to use likeness of several IRL actors. Even if they didn't, it probably isn't very profitable compared to other safer options, like consistent MH installments.
Onimusha kind of died with DoD anyway. It's probably best to let it rest now.
>>
>>339305517
Onimusha was indeed the best one
>>
File: nioh_wp_ios_e.jpg (246 KB, 630x1136) Image search: [Google]
nioh_wp_ios_e.jpg
246 KB, 630x1136
>>339304667
But we're getting one this year, anon.
>>
>>339307564
Nah, m8, that's Geralt Hayabusa's Adventures in Japanese Lordran. Got nothing to do with Onimusha.
>>
>>339307564
Not really. That's another shitty Demon Souls like game
>>
>>339308083
>>339308154
To be honest, I only played Onimusha 1 and the camera angles really threw me off. What about Onimusha that was unique would you not find in Nioh?
>>
>>339308083
>>339308154
Well said.

Capcom doesn't do anything good anymore
>>
>>339308453
I'm not saying that Nioh is lacking in qualities that Onimusha has, I'm saying they are fundamentally different games. Nioh is Ninja Gaiden Souls, whilst Onimusha was classic Resident Evil with swords instead of guns, and inventory management replaced with a slightly more sophisticated combat system.
Except for that one part in Onimusha 3 with the character who only had guns fighting monsters in a modern day city, where it was just slightly faster-paced classic Resident Evil and nothing else.
>>
>>339308154
A man who hasn't played Nioh
>>
>>339309152
Don't need to. I've seen some gameplay footage. It's just a copy of Demon Souls/DS/BB in a japanese universe. Waw revolutionary ! Can't even compare that shit to Onimusha. I'd rather play Soul Sacrifice
>>
>>339305517
I actually like DoD, it's the best in the series, imo.
>>
>>339310581
>I WATCHED gameplay I didn't actually PLAY so my opinion is valid
Fuck off you underage twitch shitter.
>>
>>339311135
Yeah but as I wrote I don't need to play ot to figure out that it's a Demon Souls like game.
>>
>>339310581
Yeah it's like Souls, except the combat is actually interesting.
>>
>>339308845
So basically you want something more like Resident Evil and not just old Japan? Like, you'd be okay with Resident Evil: Medieval Europe or Resident Evil: in Space?
>>
>>339311135
Do you really need to play the game to realize that it's a Dark Souls inspired game ?
>>
Cuz they don't wanna
>>
>>339304667

That would require effort, though.
>>
Because Koei already made one.
>>
I remenber back at the day that Capcom made clear that 3 would be their last Onimusha because of reasons.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.