[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did it fail, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: BlackDesertOnline.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BlackDesertOnline.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
why did it fail, /v/?
>>
>>339300170
It was made by Koreans.
>>
Dead Genre, Dead Game.
>>
>>339300170
Can't interact with anyone
>>
>>339300170
I ain't paying for a korean mmo.
>>
>>339300170
>B2P MMO with F2P2W practices
>why did it fail
>>
I honestly don't believe the genre can produce any good games any more.
>>
F2P when?
>>
>cash shop
>p2w cash shop on top of that
>soft cap on literally everything so nolifers get an advantage
>insane amount of grinding required to be even relevant
>armors look the same if you don't buy costumes even though the game meant to be a waifu simulator
>too much RNG
>too complex for the average person
>too much content, especially bad that they released Mediah after only 1 month in even though noone experienced the whole game yet
>shitty netcode for pvp
>NO PLAYER INTERACTION AT ALL (no trading and such)
That's why
>>
>>339300170
Another pretty game, poor gameplay.

MMOs are dead in the west. People are lazy and want pick up and play games.
>>
>>339300170
woolie and plague ruined it with their fan fiction
>>
>>339300170

It didn't fail. OP is a moron.
>>
>>339300170
>just released new expansion
>huge player population

You have a strange definition of "fail".
>>
File: 1410050892917.png (91 KB, 231x249) Image search: [Google]
1410050892917.png
91 KB, 231x249
>>339300821
>huge player population
>>
>>339301012
>ignoring the Koreans
>>
File: angelsanddemons.jpg (80 KB, 959x503) Image search: [Google]
angelsanddemons.jpg
80 KB, 959x503
>>339301012
>shitposters on /v/ decided whether or not a game succeeds
>15 threads about 20 tic made for console shooter by the publishers that brought COD
>>
>>339300629
I thought it was supposed to have some kind of player-based economy?
>>
>>339301012
where's this beautiful lady from
>>
>>339301243
>20 tic

it must really be hard not having any fun at all.
>>
>>339300629
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
There's something to it.
But not enough.
>>
>>339301328
You know perfectly well where "she" is from
>>
>>339301317
>player-based economy
lolno
You can't set a price on the market, even if you want to sell an item that doesn't exist you have to go with the predefined price instead of setting your own (you can only change the value by a small margin)
Literally nothing is player-controlled in this game
>>
>>339300629
>too complex for average person

>they had already trashed their unique 3 guild system
>gutted every other feature as well
THANK GOD
I SURE DO HATE LEARNINS
>>
Is this the one where you can only do 20 actions a day and if you want more you have to pay?
>>
>>339301143
Since when Koreans play on western servers?
>>
>>339301654
I'm the guy you replied to and it wasn't complex for me at all but I kept hearing that retarded faggots stopped playing because they couldn't understand the node management at all and that's really the basics of the game
>>
>>339300170
-the combat system is wasted because pve is braindead as fuck and pvp is entirely gear based.
-only class that matters is ranger
-crafting is an AFK simulations and you cant even trade your crafts with other players, you have to buy it or build it all yourself.
-auction house sets the prices for your items
-literally infinite grind and the disparity that level and gear brings means that if you dont spend every second grinding you are wasting your time
-awful karma system punishes pking to the point where you might as well reroll
-gvg and the shitty battleground are the only actual pvp that exists and gvg is just safezone baiting shit
-its just grinding forever
>>
>>339301771
to be fair, it was a little bit complex.

The complexity comes with a bit of management, and i don't see how a twelve year old, or an impatient 20+ year old could want or care to sit and consider what needs to happen in order to actually be effecient.

This game is literally themepark/sandbox hybrid. with some farm ville thrown in.

it's fun, but there's no way to compete against all the fucking no life shitters who go around and gank.
>>
>>339301912
>-awful karma system punishes pking to the point where you might as well reroll
Why game's can't do Lineage 2 style PK
>>
pay2win. Any game that gives you any kind of advantage bought with real money will always fail, period.
>>
Korean are great artist. Nothing more.
>>
>>339300629
How the fuck can it have "too much" content? Especially in these kind of MMO that players consume in 1 week, better have too much than not enough.
>>
>>339302696
Because it was a mess, we were 1 month in and 95% of the players didn't have any decent gear and were just learning how the game works
It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the softcaps too, now every nolifers who got advantage before got even more advantage and people didn't like that, there was no way to catch up to them unless you dedicated your whole life to BDO

If it was a normal MMO then more content would have been better I agree
>>
>>339303031
I still enjoy the game very much especially the PvP but i do agree catch up mechanics would be appreciated and maybe they should move to a token based gear because the RNG can get on peoples nerves really hard.
>>
>>339303686
dem koreans
>>
>>339300170
BUYING FUCKING OUTFITS! THEY HAD ONE MOTHERFUCKING JOB, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!
>>
File: 1412437726142.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1412437726142.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
It went to shit in the korean betas.

Early betas were cool, pve was a bit of a challenge and pots weren't all over the fucking place. Don't know gookshit too much but it seemed more balanced back then.

It was already ruined before I even played it though, that black desert fansite explains everything really.

Here's a video example of why it's shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1voEtFV5M
>>
>>339304104
yea tha tis pretty fucking boring
>>
File: 2016-04-27_1117348620.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-27_1117348620.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
the game itself sucks

its a good fap sometimes though

best looking characters in any mmo, shame it sucks so much
>>
File: 1458325797221.gif (3 MB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
1458325797221.gif
3 MB, 400x800
>>339303031
So where's the problem?
>>
>>339304104
I do enjoy some of the bosses when there is a small amount of people doing them especially Kzarka since it's the only one which isn't unfair one-shot riddled boss.
>>
In adition to the other things listed here, the fact the NA is so far behind the Korean version means every month or so a new huge content patch comes out which in theory is a good thing but in actuality means casual players can never be caught up. As soon as you get near to being able to relax and actually be at the new content level it basically all gets wiped out and you have to grind all over again.

I lasted a little bit until I just got burned out.
>>
>>339300170
>everyone hyped
>friends are mega hyped
>"dude best game buy it !!"

Now barely anyone talks about it, told ya korean grind mmos don't work here. And most people fell for the muhh graffics and limited character creator.
>>
BDO is just a shallow grindfest. If at this point you aren't at least 280+ AP/DP and in a decent guild, you cannot hope to compete especially during node wars. Any new players are so far behind they will quit after they hit level 50 because they realize how hard it will be to obtain competitive gear. Many players can't even obtain a liverto weapon, let alone +15 one with ARS at 500k and slowly climbing as even more end-game gear along with +20 system is rushed out in Valencia.

Daum has also been incompetent with how they have chosen to handle the hacking/botting issue that has been plaguing the NA/EU release. Hackers have been getting 3-4 DAY bans if they show they're "remorseful" about getting caught. People have been botting the auction hall since day one and they STILL are doing it right now without any repercussions. Top guilds have truckloads of closet hackers spamming residual lightning at pirates and farming up 35+m/hour while everyone else is farming Sausan for chump change.

The game is on life support and node wars will be the final nail in the coffin. Unless Daum chooses to actually balance node wars, I can't see any other outcome.
>>
>>339300170
Good approach but badly executed.
>>
I played the shit of it for one month ( about 12 hours/day ) and I enjoyed it but eventually quit because I didn't grind level and gear and did a bit of everything instead

Overall it was a great experience but like other said pve was brainless and gear enhancement was ultra rng based + shitty netcode making any kind of skill irrelevant
>>
>>339305765

In a month this game will be populated by nothing but bots and poopsockers.
>>
BDO private server when?
>>
>>339300712
>Piss and moan for an hour about fantasy tropes
>Want to make an interesting character
>Just end up making Caska

I kek'd heartily.
>>
This game was comfy playing by myself. Then I realized there was no point to group up at all.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.