[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you like a next gen No More Heroes ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: no_more_heroes.jpg (82 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
no_more_heroes.jpg
82 KB, 445x600
>>
Yes.
>>
>>339299974

Probably not, it would most likely be too edgy and miss the point of the first and second game.
>>
no? its just a jrpg without the interesting setting

its a product of a younger culture that is appropriating old games without having ever played them

NMH is a bad game for exactly the same reason that COD is a bad game, a lack of imagination to the setting
>>
No, honestly the gameplay was shit in the first two.

It's like that game Fragle Dreams for the wii, they all would work better as anime.
>>
>>339299974
As long as it didn't have Shinobu as the main character like they hinted, sure.
>>
>>339299974
Suda isn't the kind of guy to get held up on one series.
>>
>>339300397
oh wait, I was thinking the world ends with you

no more heroes is EVEN WORSE

its a 3rd person consoleshit 'action' game, yeah no thanks, not ever
>>
>>339300397
>>339300528
Your bait is poor and I won't even give you any points for effort.
>>
File: 13589420[1].jpg (458 KB, 1322x1823) Image search: [Google]
13589420[1].jpg
458 KB, 1322x1823
>>339299974
Yes and I want Naomi's tits to bigger than her torso this time.
>>
>>339299974
This game had some awesome designs and the best girls

>that feel when we'll never get a Travis' Angels game starring a playable Shinobu, Jeanne, Bad Girl and Holly
>>
>>339300659
>He wants bigger fake tits
Plastic is the devil
>>
File: 1398343244240.jpg (135 KB, 367x347) Image search: [Google]
1398343244240.jpg
135 KB, 367x347
I played the ps3 version and never bothered trying the wii one out but no

I mean, how much better could the wii version actually be? The combat wasn't that deep and if there's one thing that absolutely made me dread encounters, it was the jack off to recharge motion controls so how could expanding that to the whole game possibly improve it?

Plus, driving was just straight up broken, it's like they laid down the framework and never went in to finish it

plus the game design itself is pretty unimpressive so I don't see how the system change could affect it. The maps are simple corridors with baddies at every intersection or open space and you just chug through til you get to the boss, the maps were mostly entirely rectangular in shape, it's just bland as fuck and the entire thing was a chore

please enlighten me if the wii version isn't this too because the story at least was entertaining
>>
>>339300914
Dumb frogposter.
Why do you take everything at face value?
>>
I want No More Heroes to take some gameplay notes from Killer is Dead
>>
>>339300914
>>339300476
I don't think he meant a NMH remake, but a new one
>>
>>339301713
I got that, but from what I saw from the first two (well, the ps3 versions of), the games would need a complete overhaul in the core design to interest me in a new one
>>
>>339302081
Yeah I agree, but the first two had some interesting ideas and awesome characters
>>
>>339302081
>the first two
The second never got a release on other consoles as far as I know. The combat system was improved there, but instead of doing the same thing with the overworld it just got replaced a hub system. Both excel on OST, style, characters and the tongue in cheek tone and side missions help to seal the deal. But on two the enemies aren't really the focus and and the characterization is mostly non verbal so the first one had the most memorable bosses overall. I agree gameplay could do with some improvements, but it's not necessarily broken. And yeah the original version has better controls, it was a simple but oddly intuitive waggle. Nice stupid little details too, like the recharging and the phone audio on the native mic before boss fights.
>>
>>339303110
you're right, what I thought was NMH2 was just the extra content from the PS3 port. I thought it was both games but it was just some extra stuff.

I guess it's time to check out the sequel but I might just watch a youtube playthrough or something if the combat is too much a slog like the first
>>
>>339299974
New main character that's not Shinobu
Travis' story is over
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.