[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they stop making skill based multiplayer games? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Why did they stop making skill based multiplayer games?
There aren't any "easy to learn; hard to master" games coming out anymore, I want to know why.
>>
File: Cute_Cute_Cute.jpg (1 MB, 1200x869) Image search: [Google]
Cute_Cute_Cute.jpg
1 MB, 1200x869
>>339299338
Dirty Bomb, faggot.
>>
Unreal tournament 4 mang
>>
>>339299545
learning to type your credit card number on steam to buy overpowered character of the week is not a "skill" fuckface
>>
Ut4

Toxikk

Reflex

Stop being a dumb faggot and actually buy these games if you want a competitive fps so bad
>>
File: Db_medics.jpg (60 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
Db_medics.jpg
60 KB, 500x377
>>339300808
Get good and stop listening to angryjew.

If you actually gave a shit about skill you'd play dirty bomb instead of getting butthurt that someone beat you. Every character in Dirty Bomb seems OP until you play them and realize their weakness and how to exploit that. i.e. Rhino has huge health and a minigun but A. It's low damage low accuracy despite the DPS and B. In a movement based game, he's the slowest in there.

The cards are only in there to attract codfags who think unlocking things is what's fun in shooters. Past bronze cards nothing even matters. You can even buy cards now and you get a free pack with a bronze minimum every day for playing a game so you don't have to bitch about that shit.

Thanks to rotation you'll always have a repair guy, a ammo/assault guy and a medic. So quit bitching and get better at the game. Also stop using ironsights you codfag.

104 hours in the game, I have 7 mercs on top of one more that's currently free (the other 2 in rotation this week I already own) and I've played as every single merc currently available in the game. Every single one of them has disadvantages and if you seem like you are getting wrecked, try not playing AGAINST the strengths of your merc.
>>
>>339299338
Because casuals prefer to pull out the credit card rather than earn shit in game.
WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE TO THE NEW AGE
>>
File: 1462998982739.jpg (183 KB, 1024x1325) Image search: [Google]
1462998982739.jpg
183 KB, 1024x1325
>>339300808
aka Knowledge of the game+Skill is what helps you win, not cash.

You're new so your knowledge of all the mercs sucks. i.e. why you run past a phoenix when he's down instead of downing him, and then he self-revives and kills you.

Aka Sparks seems OP with her sniper rifle revive gun until you play sparks and realize it's practically impossible to kill anything with full health in 1 shot with it.

Name a single merc who's actually OP and I'll tell you their weakness.
>>
>>339301350
This. I hate the self-hating modern shooter fan who supposedly hates Call of Duty but can't play anything that doesn't resemble it.
>>
Playing devil's advocate for the folks who want to say new games are trash. What are some old games that are good examples of skill based gameplay?
>>
>>339301350
>fps
I'm actually not interested in that genre or MOBAs at all desu ohana.
>>
>>339302363
Worms Armageddon
Speed runners
Rocker keague
Guilty gear
>>
>>339299338
they don't sell well.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.