[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Starbound a good exploration/metroidvania type game? It looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: starbound.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
starbound.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
Is Starbound a good exploration/metroidvania type game? It looks beautiful and the environments look really diverse and I'm very interested in the infinite procedurally generated universe, but I don't like building stuff and survival is kind of meh.

Will I be able to treat this like an exploration/RPG type game and do only bare minimum survival and construction? I know it's only $15 and I really wanna just buy it and see but $15 is more than I care to lose right now.
>>
>>339298168
Lol no
>>
>>339298168
No
>>
It was to good to be true

But perfect, if you pirated it
>>
>>339298168
no
"infinite procedurally generated universe" means swapping out 10 different colors of blocks, buildings and trees. you will explore everything the game can generate by going to a dozen planets
>>
>>339298168

It's an ok game, but it's definitely not good for the reasons you're wanting.
>>
>>339298168
Garbage game and an abandoned cashgrab, don't bother.
>>
Terraria is better
>>
>>339298168
The game isn't even finished yet anon.

Don't touch it til it is.
>>
>>339298168
it hasnt been updated in like a year
>>
Damn. I had really high hopes. All the reviews on Steam are positive too.
>>
>>339298568
Can I ignore the building crap and just explore and kill stuff and build my character? I'm just not creative in that way, building stuff is really boring for me I just wanna crash and loot and explore.
>>
>>339298168
Get Terraria.
>>
>>339299135
yeah but you need to build litle shacks to NPCs to live in to get most of the best things in the game
>>
>>339299135
Yeah, pretty much. Only things you'll have to build if you want to stay bare minimum are the tools to build better equipment.
>>
>>339299135
Build a commieblock in 5 minutes and go explore and kill shit.
>>
File: 01CpgLc.jpg (69 KB, 1431x805) Image search: [Google]
01CpgLc.jpg
69 KB, 1431x805
>>339298168
>Is Starbound a good
No.
>>
File: dog5.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
dog5.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>339298572
>The game isn't even finished yet anon.
And it never will be
It's been two and a half fucking years
>>
hello i found out the and discoverd the true sound of a ear rapist http://picosong.com/BvfU/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.