[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Unable to be summoned. Failed to join session. Does anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8
File: it doesnt work.png (20 KB, 213x265) Image search: [Google]
it doesnt work.png
20 KB, 213x265
>Unable to be summoned. Failed to join session.
Does anyone else constantly get this while being a part of the Darkmoon Covenant? With every other covenant joining worlds seems to be quick and easy, but with this one it takes forever and rarely seems to ever actually allow you to join.

I'm running the PS4 version for reference, not sure if there's a difference in the covenants between the versions
>>
Yes, everyone else has it.
From is retarded and can't make a working covenant/PVP system to save their fucking lives

Not to mention all the other retarded shit the game has
>>
Today i finished to farm ears from knights at Anor Londo.
Stardet yesterday early in the morning.
Took a whole fucking weekend, goddammit i wish death to developers
>>
All the auto-summon covenants are broken to some degree.
>>
>>339294635
>Let's put a ring that increases poise in the game
>Let's disable poise

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>339295349
I actually got quite a lot of invasions as Watchdog, but I haven't been summoned for Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon even once on either of my two characters. It's seriously fucked.

Maybe From intentionally made Blue phantom intervention somewhat rare so invaders can at least have their abysmal chance of success.
>>
>>339295571
>lets keep weight breakpoints in the game
>but make it so you can't upgrade armor!
>lets also tie a stat to equip load!
>lets also make it so that light and heavy armors barely make a difference, and you need to tank 2 hits anyway regardless of your poise or armor

From is so fucking stupid sometimes it hurts
>>
>doing pvp with host as purp
>guy invades
>blue immediately comes and kicks my ass
>tfw asshole phantoms have no jolly co op
>>
>>339295571
>>339295765
>lets make cool new attacks and tie them into L2!
>lets make those moves really fucking slow and practically pointless to use because just spamming R1 is 95% of the time more effective!
>lets also make it so that the multihit attacks that come out from L2 are gimped as shit and do like 100 damage max!
>BRILLIANT
>>
>>339295736
No, From just sucks at netcode. Dark Souls 3 is already way too favorable to hosts, hence all the gank squads ruining the pvp.
>>
>>339295971
>lets run out of ideas completely!
>lets rehash multiple different areas not only from the game itself, but a game that came out 5 years ago!
>because we're lazy gits, lets just rehash the story and lore of the first game and have the exact same endings, in the "final chapter of the souls series", because thats how you wrap things up!
>because we're so mindnumbingly stupid, lets also rehash boss animations, character animations and even boss music from a game that came out 5 years ago!
>>
File: 1463238859776.jpg (76 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1463238859776.jpg
76 KB, 600x800
>>339294463
Isn't a lot of this solved by the Steam family share account method? I heard it makes the Blue covenants 100% more effective. Has something to do with a problem with the original buyer's account.

Un-relevant to this, does anyone dislike the change to mana/fp bar? I can't seem to get used to it compared to the old Dark Souls spells with allotted usages. I like being a heal aid for co-op but the new system makes this tough since a lot of the better heal spells use up a lot of FP, especially if you are low leveled.

Being a healer hurts :(
>>
>>339296507
Family share thing kinda works but its still pretty terrible.
>>
>>339294463
The problem is that there are a lot more people in the Darkmoon and Blue Sentinel covenants than there are people in the Way of Blue. This coupled with the fact that soul level and weapon upgrade level further separate you from other potential Way of Blue hosts makes it extremely rare to get matched up with a host.
>>
>>339296616
I haven't even tried it myself, but I hear it's a hell of a lot more better than the standard way of doing things.

I probably won't even play it again until the DLCs. The main game was a bit of a let down imho.
>>
>>339295971
>Let's establish a golden rule of two-hit stunlocks, with the third allowing the player being hit to either retaliate, parry, or dodge!
>It can also be used if a player has a fast-hitting weapon to prevent the other player from attacking with their slower, harder hitting weapon!
>Now let's give big weapons hyper armor on their most powerful attacks, e.g, attacks that have an AOE!
>it'll be so funny when they payer with a small weapon thinks they have a chance to attack their opponent only to have their attacks do minimal damage, and be struck by an overpowered attack!
>>
>>339296749

Darkmoon can be summoned in regardless of covenant. Way of the Blue members get priority.
>>
Whenever I invade now I focus on killing blues first since they are the only ones who really lose anything.
>>
i wasnt getting summoned at all then i just switched my download region on steam and it worked.
>>
>>339296749
They really need to merge way of blue with the blue stentinals covenant. That way you have a jolly coop PvE and a jolly coop PvP covenant.
>>
>let's give the enemies hyperarmor at the start of their heavy attacks, but not the player, who has to wait til halfway through when they're just going to be fucking staggered by the wind blowing on them too hard!
>let's also make this apply to the random buttfuck hollows who are wearing nothing but tattered rags!
>>
>>339297009
Fromsoft seriously gimped the reasoning of invasions.

There is little to no point for winning a much for most of the covenants, and people that do lose don't even have much concern since there isn't much loss to begin with.
>>
>>339296616
It's not terrible if you're not a retard.
There's a "recommended level per area" thing that I'm sure everybody abides to. I've had massive online activity at those levels per area with everything but sentinels/darkmoon.
However, members of Way of the Blue are pretty much always playing their very first time, so if you want to be blue, be overlevelled for your area. I'm not kidding.
I've just finished my run and I had 37 ears before I even reached Yorshka. Took me like 10 hours. Just be overlevelled, that's all you have to do.
>>
>>339294463
WORKING

AS

INTENDED
>>
>>339296989
Are you sure about that? It doesn't mention anything like that on the wikis I frequent and the description for Darkmoon's covenant item specifically says "When a member of the Way of Blue faces a dark spirit, the Blades of the Darkmoon, by an ancient accord, help to root out the invader."
>>
>>339297437
Well to be fair, the lowly hollows in DS1 could be extremely problematic in the worst scenarios, ie you miss a swing/ganged up, etc.

However, the poise and armor system of DS3 is a complete mess...
>>
>>339297504
>in previous games invasions had a purpose because winning meant earning humanity, which in DeS gave you your health bar back, and in DaS soft humanity could be stacked for a number of benefits
>in DaS3 embers are given out far too often, and now you earn like 200 souls for invasions
literally no point
especially now that covenant rewards are shit like build-specific weapons, and nothing like rings or online-use items like in 1.
>>
>>339295863
Well the dorkmoon gets two ears for killing you and the other invader, and they're forced to leave if the only people in the area got in by red eye orb or are aldrich/watchdogs. If a purple gets summoned, their existence doesn't keep the blue in the area, but the blue still gets an ear for killing the purple. It makes perfect sense to kill the purple then the red.
>>
>>339297619
Screw that, being anything but underleveled takes away all the fun in DS3. I'm currently at archives with only a +4 weapon and sl 32ish.
>>
>>339294463
Why am I being summoned for the Eldritch covenant every 10 minutes or so but absolutely NEVER (in like 120 hours) for the Blue Sentinels and Darkmoon? Fucking From software man, I want to be a blue knight too not just one asshole invader.
>>
The problem is there's too many darkmoons and too few way of blues.

that's why you see darkmoons all the time when you invade, but when you try to summon you can't be summoned
>>
>>339296989
This is untrue. There is no functional difference between Blue Sentinels and Blades of the Darkmoon except for phantom colour. This is why they share the same covenant rank, covenant leader and covenant rewards. They're the same covenant, but your selected way in to it decides your colouration.
>>
>>339295863
It surprises me how the blue knight fuckers appear so fast to help the host gank on you sometimes. Yet here I am never been summoned for that fucking covenant ever.
>>
>>339298006
Sure, but I was talking about how to get summoned as a dorkmoon after doing the family share fix. What you said is unrelated.
>>
>>339298137
Which is actually pretty fucking dumb. Why do two covenants have the same exact function? From definitely had to rush parts of this game, there's no way they didn't realize this.
>>
>>339298354
Can you do the family share fix on consoles?
>>
>>339297890
>and they're forced to leave if the only people in the area got in by red eye orb or are aldrich/watchdogs.
I meant "and they're forced to leave if the only phantoms DID NOT get in by red eye orb or are aldrich/watchdogs".
>>
>>339298450
Steam only.
For consoles, those covenants are simply fucked.
>>
File: 1456530246975.png (1 MB, 1210x633) Image search: [Google]
1456530246975.png
1 MB, 1210x633
>>339297817
Yeah that's what I meant. Embers are pretty easy to get, even in Offline mode.

Covenant's don't even give you that great of gear/spells either. It's like Fromsoft totally didn't want anyone to experience PVP or CO-OP so they gimped it all.

The lack of a Dragon Covenant still gets me...

I appreciate DS2 so much more now, even with its faults.
>>
>>339297817
>and now you earn like 200 souls for invasions
So this isn't only me? Are the amount of souls you get for killing people only a percentage of what they actually had?

I thought it was (or at least used to be) just the amount of souls the person had?
>>
>>339298035
Maybe go Wolf?

At least you can say you are protecting a crippled dog...
>>
I don't know if Miyazaki is directly responsible for all the gameplay changes, but some of them are fucking retarded.

He really needs to hire a few advisors or something, preferably people with a ton of experience with making game mechanics and general balance of said mechanics.
>>
>>339298683
>The lack of a Dragon Covenant still gets me...
I suppose it'll be included in the DLC, just like the confederates
>>
>>339298910
Wolf works too but I'm never ever putting a feet on that motherfucking swamp unless I'm forced to. Fuck that area forever.
>>
File: 1455523569238.jpg (114 KB, 584x852) Image search: [Google]
1455523569238.jpg
114 KB, 584x852
>>339298358
The Blades were probably meant to be a turf war covenant against the Aldriches, like if player is invaded in Anor Londo, a Blades member would come and help you, but maybe they had issues with two dedicated covenants to one area, so they cut it.

Who knows really, in the end it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>339298219
There's a MASSIVE bug with the sentinels, darkmoon and watchdogs covenants at the moment.
They only work AT ALL for players who logged in to the game within the first half hour of release, OR who have an account that is younger than the age of the game.
Yes, really. I know it's impossibly retarded.
If you're on console, those covenants are simply fucked and all the blues you see are either new playstation accounts or played the game right at release.
If you're on PC, you can make a new steam account, swap back to your main account, turn on family sharing on the options on your main account and select your new account to give it access to your library, swap to the new account, and play on the new account. Your new account will have those covenants work perfectly, and extremely actively given how few people have done this fix.
If you want to port over your character, find the saves file in your documents or wherever, copy them, then:
>on your new account, make a new character
>go back to the main menu
>select "load game"
>on the load game menu, minimize the game
>paste the save file in to your new character's folder, overwriting the save file in it
>maximize the game and load your character
You'll have to do this for every character on your main's account at the time of copying, though.
>>
>>339299157
Why do people hate that swamp so much? I thought it was a breeze compared to Blighttown.
>>
>>339298358
Well From rushes every game. I think only Bloodborne was the one closest to "complete without loads of cut content". Like if you take a look at cut content for DS1 and 2 it'll probably be enough to make you cry. 3 has cut content, some of it is actually some really badass weapons and armor that would've been cool to have.

On covenants though, it was probably an attempt to throw a bone to DS2 players because 3 is nostalgic as fuck for 1. You'll run into a few instances of 2 nostalgia, but it never follows up on Aldia or the Bearer of the Curse which is what everyone wanted. I don't think that's rushed but it's more of a design oddity. Others like how the grapes work could be just a rush job or poor design, either way DS3 has a myriad of examples of both.
>>
>>339299235

Got a source for any of that shit? I'm guessing you don't. Sounds like word of mouth hear say bullshit to me.
>>
>>339299157
If you stand near the ravenous crystal lizard in farron, on either side of the gate, you'll always invade in the location you're standing on, so never the swamp. Although, the host could run to it from there.

>>339299324
It's fucking cancer to invade in. The host, with ten million estus, can outrun you and out drink you, so you slowly die to poison without ever being in combat with them. That, and the bullshit forced heavy segments. Protip: As an invader for farron, wear the sun princess ring. It'll counteract the poison and the host won't expect it, giving you a big advantage.
>>
>>339299324
Blighttown was at least fun, the new swamp is extremely repetitive and large.
>>
>>339299501
https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/
I've done it myself, I can guarantee it works wonderfully.
>>
>>339295349
Online is broken, period. Countless times I get booted out because I've lost connection, get told I'm offline on the title screen, and then have to full reset my PS4 to get back online.

I've had a grand total of two Aldrich Faithful summons in an entire weekend of playing.
>>
This game relied way to much on DS1 story and nostalgia.

Fucking pandering to crybabies. At least DS2 had some creativity.
>>
>>339299894
>Dark Souls 2 has creative move sets and back stabs
>Dark Souls 3 tosses all of that out the window
>>
>>339299324
It wasn't particularly hard, just a shitty tedious open space with virtually no landmarks and the entire thing was just a boring expanse of green.
At least Blighttown has the little shanty town gauntlet before the small swamp, and even the swamp was interesting with the huge trees and shit.
Also the fucking ghrus spasming out with an annoying tard cacophony whenever they attack.
HARLBLBLRL, HAGCK
PRRROWPH
>>
>>339300152
DaS2's sword backstab animation didn't feel as powerful as DaS1/3's but it made much more sense
>>
>>339300640
I guess its just a personal thing then. I found Blighttown to be so much worse, altough maybe it is also my fault for going there at a too low level.
>Dark as hell
>Stupid poisoned blowpipe arrows coming from everywhere
>One wrong roll and you're falling to your death
>>
>>339300665
I loved the backstab animations in Dark Souls 2, they felt so stylish. The first time I saw the sword backstab I lost my shit, it looked so cool
>>
>>339299894
>>339300152
>>339300665

Are there any other people who are wanting to go back and play DS2 again but feel it's a bit too late now?

I used to really shit on DS2 but after the shit we got in the new game, I really miss parts of DS2.

I just want my fucking Chime Disc goddamnit...
>>
>>339301216
I don't even mind the ridiculous lack of creativity put into the physical weapons.
I just want magic to be balanced.
And straight swords to be nerfed.
>>
>>339300975
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'd still take Blighttown any day just because it's way more interesting, even if harder.
>>
>>339300975
That's what made Blighttown fun tho.

Once you git gud it's not as tough, but you can still die if you make the wrong moves.

The new swamp is just super bland and you are always battling poison. Doesn't take much skill, it's more of an annoyance if anything,
>>
>>339299684
How would you do that for console though?
>>
>>339301179
The axe and spear backstabs were my favorite, they look too fucking cool

>>339301216
I'm feeling kinda burned on the series, might as well give it a rest until DLC drops
>>
>>339301551
The poison is fine. In fact, it's even less annoying than in the other souls games (though I don't like how irrelevant it is now). It's the forced heavy movement I hate.

>>339301601
There's no equivalent. The covenants on consoles are fucked.
Well, unless you made a wholly new console account, but I don't think you can do that without deleting EVERYTHING on your current one. I think you can only have 1 account at a time, no? If you can have multiple, then just make a new one and that /should/ work. I can't see a reason why it wouldn't. Maybe you'd have to buy the game again for your new account though?
>>
File: 1460758338159.png (310 KB, 452x517) Image search: [Google]
1460758338159.png
310 KB, 452x517
>>339301393
As I mentioned in earlier posts, I miss the old system of spell usage.

It basically destroyed the reasoning behind having 2 have the same spell, since you literally don't need it. Why do people sell more than 2 anyway? What the fuck From.

Also fuck having to utilize FP for pure melee builds, that is just bonkers to me.

Are there any people who genuinely enjoy the new spell system? I really want to know.
>>
>>339301601
You don't dude.

>He fell for the console meme.
>>
>>339301936
>utilize FP for pure melee builds
I HATE that shit, I find it so stupid
>>
>>339301842
>There's no ... though
Sorry I'm typing like a faggot, I'm really tired.
If it's possible to make a new account on consoles without replacing your new one, then do that and it should work. You may have to buy the game again for your new account though, I'm not sure.

>>339301936
Nobody sells more than one, it's just that you can get multiple copies through starting class, new game cycles, or yoel/orbeck selling the same spell.
I don't like the new system, but I don't dislike it either. I think it would be fine if stamina consumption from spells was halved, sorceries, miracles and non-vestiges/chaos orb pyromancies were buffed significantly/the scaling was much better at early levels. I mean, if the spells were actually balanced, the fp system would be fine. I like the way it works with special moves on weapons, vastly better than them being on very few weapons and destroying their durability.
>>
>>339301601
You on PS4? Use a USB stick to move the saved data over to your second account or use the cloud storage. Since PS+ can be shared across two accounts, you don't have to buy it again.
I wouldn't know about Xbox though, sorry.
>>
File: Darkmoon Blade.png (206 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Darkmoon Blade.png
206 KB, 512x512
>>339294807
Yeah fuck the darkmoon covenant, just got my darkmoon blade after a nightmare farming
>>
>>339301842
Yeah that's what I meant, the poison is more of an annoyance then anything else.

The area could have been way more entertaining but it failed in so many ways. A lot of people insist that the swamp and Farron Keep were the last areas to be worked on due to the lack of content and creativity, but I think it was more due to the team failing to know how to make a good swamp area again.

>>339301621
I think the devs themselves are burned out on the series, too. Not just the players themselves.
Hopefully the game series completely sleeps for now and not get run into the ground further.
>>
>>339294807
Thank god you don't have to do that for covenants while soul memory exists.

>>339302490
The reason past swamp areas were good is they were relatively small and always a small-ish portion of their area. Blighttown, for example, was 75% shanty town 25% swamp. So it was pretty cool.
If you call the road of sacrifices area every bonfire under that area name, then this is true for farron swamp and the only complaint is that the swamp lacks features. In reality, the crystal sage is the boss of the road of sacrifices, and the farron area is 90% swamp and 10% that little rock bit in the perimeter. The area is fucking massive, nearly featureless, with forced heavy areas and is by far the hardest to navigate yourself around looking for loot. It's definitely the worst swamp area, and the fact that watchdogs aren't immune to the poisoning while invading is fucking bullshit. At least there's the sun princess ring.
>>
File: 1427227516321.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1427227516321.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
unrelated to darkmoon but
>want to invade as aldritch faithful
>literally have to go do something else because of the waiting time
>finally invade
>fucker disconnects or is a hacker with no hitbox
>mfw
>>
>>339298745
It was a percentage of how many souls they needed to level up, less if you invade more if you are invaded, not what they were holding.
>>
>>339302421
I've been trying to get 30 ears for the past week, I hate this
>>
So it turns out you get an ear if the host enters the boss fog while there's a hostile phantom around, if you're a darkmoon. You don't actually have to invade to meet this condition (much like warriors of sunlight getting medals when they invade also), you just need to be present. I was testing this with a friend of mine, he'd summon me outside yhorm through white soapstone, then a purple phantom, then go in yhorm once the phantom loaded up. I'd keep getting ears for it. More hosts need to know this, it may save darkmoons from the horrible farm once and for all
>>
File: 1463977005806.png (9 KB, 84x178) Image search: [Google]
1463977005806.png
9 KB, 84x178
>Summoned as blueberry
>Kill invader with my bare hands
>No reward
>>
>>339303235
Bullshit.
>>
>>339302369
Well making a new account for console is no problem, it's just getting the save data across for the existing character. And then doing the reverse to ensure the cheevos go on the right account. Because that'd be a pisser.
>>
>>339302916
>Invade as an aldritch
>3 summons
>Invade as an aldritch
>Host disconnects
>Invade as an aldritch
>Host just runs through level without killing any enemies and enters boss room

I hate PvP in this game
>>
Can you tell me the details on the family sharing trick?
>>
>>339302916
I feel like that is the general experience with all invansion/co-op.

So much lag/rubber-banding/floaters. It's unbearable.
>>
>>339302397
Oh, that sounds promising. Thanks buddy.
>>
>>339303542
>>339299235
Come on now, son
>>
>>339303434
In that case, just make a new account and play fresh from that. It's fucking worth it for the Darkmoon covenant to work. And Farron, if that's your thing. Do consolefags honestly care about >muh achievements that fucking much?
>>
>>339303649
You shouldn't have done that.
Do you REALLY want that non-reading retard "protecting" you as a dorkmoon? You damn well know he'd pull every creature for miles around right on your ass and get you killed.
>>
>>339303498
since we're doing this
>invade as aldritch faithful
>guy bows and shit
>suddently invaded by a red
>red chases and kills me, host didn't want to get involved and stayed out of it
I don't know if people are retarded or what, if you're invading you should be going for the host, not another invader
>>
>apply the steam workaround
>instant fucking summons for the aldrich faithful covenants
>still barely ever get summoned for the darkmoon covenant

why is From so shit at designing covenants?
>>
>>339303768
I didn't think caring about achievements was a thing unique to consolefags considering I'm just as bothered about them on Steam too.
>>
>>339302916
You serious anon? I sometimes can't take the covenant off. In fact, most agree Aldrich is the easiest autosummon to get called for.
>>
>>339303971
>>still barely ever get summoned for the darkmoon covenant
Be at the right level for the right area, with the right weapon upgrade. And by that I mean, be slightly overlevelled for each area. It works. There aren't many way of the blue members, but the ones that exist are new to the game and will earn you a fuck ton of ears. I had 37 ears before I even made it to yorshka, it only took like 10 hours total.
>>
>>339304072
don't know, sometimes I can't even pvp because pontif is "offline"
tomorrow I'll try the family share trick
>>
>>339304135
I've been level 50 for over a week now, running through pretty much all the areas. I still get instant summons for Aldrich faithful. And the Darkmoon covenant summons you to other zones if you arent getting summoned in your current zone after some undetermined amount of time.
>>
>>339304135
>I had 37 ears before I even made it to yorshka, it only took like 10 hours total.
And I just reached yorshka today. Recommended level for road of sacrifices is 30 I believe, I didn't get sentinel summons at level 30, but I did at level 40. Earned me like 15 ears, that. And that was only yesterday.

>>339304269
Sure, but the host has to be within range of you, and if you're 50 in anor londo, you're never going to get any summons in anor londo. Then it'll check the nearby areas- irithyll, demon ruins, irithyll dungeon- and you're damn well unlikely to get summoned at level 50 in any of those, too. I believe it won't check any further back than 2 areas away, my darkmoon at level 30 will never get summoned when I'm standing in anor londo for a couple hours, but will get them very quickly when I'm standing in the road of sacifices.
>>
>>339304568
what area would you recommend for level 50 then? I never really noticed any of the zones im running around in to get more summons than others.
>>
>>339303967
>Invade as Aldritch
>Host is running around shooting soul spears
>Phantoms running around shooting soul spears
>Invader comes out of nowhere
>Starts swinging around a greatsword at me
People are retarded
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.