[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of the Year 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 2016 games.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2160) Image search: [Google]
2016 games.jpg
2 MB, 2560x2160
Movie game sequel? Cracklike TF2 clone? Final Rehash 15? Cyborg RPG game? Yet another Souls? Over hyped indie game? Something not listed?

What do you think GotY 2016 will be and why?
>>
You're retarded, your thread is retarded, and you should feel really fucking retarded.
>>
Are you retarded?

Also there's a shit ton of not listed games, faggot.
>>
>>339293789
FFXV is the only game on that list that can win GOTY.
>>
File: UcQpWDz.gif (791 KB, 651x651) Image search: [Google]
UcQpWDz.gif
791 KB, 651x651
>>339294291
Have you played Platinum Demo?
>>
File: shield block is great.webm (3 MB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
shield block is great.webm
3 MB, 680x380
>>339294526
Yes I have and it showed a solid foundation for the system while still being a barebones and stripped down demo.
>>
>>339294747
>HOLD [ ] TO DEFEND

Please. Fucking please.

Also FF15FPS looks fucking atrocious and plays worse than N64 Zeldas.
>>
DOOM
>>
>>339293789
Out of all those games i think FFXV has the highest chance of being goty
>>
>>339294910
See that's how I know you haven't even played the game.

>Also FF15FPS looks fucking atrocious and plays worse than N64 Zeldas
It's like you are trying as hard as possible to be retarded.
>>
File: this will trigger autists in v.png (341 KB, 804x509) Image search: [Google]
this will trigger autists in v.png
341 KB, 804x509
>>
In my heart it will probably be 8fFV.
>>
>>339295406
Of course I have.

I named my furshit creature "Blunder" at the end of the demo.
>>
>>339293789
>Final Rehash 15
>Rehash
Confirmed for never playing a Final Fantasy game. Fuck off
>>
>>339293789
Realistically it's going to be Uncharted 4 because le movie cinematic masterpiece. We will have to see how Deus Ex and FFXV end up.
>>
>>339295621
So you clearly didn't, because if you did then you would know that defense stance is the only thing done by holding down square and it uses MP, in order to do manual dodge rolls and perfect shield blocks it requires specific timing button taps. Not like you know anything about that since you probably didn't even know you could get the heroes shield in it.
>>
>>339295831
Well /v/ calls everything a rerhash now.

>>339295869
Well I didn't know about the shield. Defense stance is the only thing you need really, especially for the final boss of the demo. Timing button taps? The window is so fucking big that everyone can do that.
>>
>>339296059
Defense stance is useless and wastes MP, perfect shield blocks and dodge rolls consume no MP and require actual timing to pull off. Also that isn't a boss, it is a regular enemy. Perfect shield blocks like that can only be done at the last few frames, and dodge rolls have no iframes so you have to time your dodge rolls properly otherwise you will still get hit.
>>
>>339293789
>dude raider

hahahahaha why are Sony games so fucking irrelevant?
>>
>>339293789
Dark Souls 3, XCOM 2 and Uncharted 4 are already in my top three this year, pretty good games. I also like Overwatch but it does have a few more flaws.

As for games that might be GOTY 2016 (for me mostly):
>Last Guardian
>Dishonored 2
>Ni-Oh

Plus we might see some sleeper hits (not GOTY material I guess):
>Sea of Thieves
>Ni No Kuni 2
>Scalebound
>Shadow Warrior 2
>Styx 2
>Gravity Rush 2

Plus E3 is coming up, they might release a few of the games this year already like they did with Fallout 4, for example.
>>
I am actually not sure if no man sky will even be released since it looks they had a little panic attack because maybe latest build didn't compile, some idiot vented on a social network, someone at kotaku got wind of it and death threats were made.
False alarm! It compiles!
Even if it gets released... wew lad.
>>
>>339297257
>Uncharted
>Last Guardian
>Ni-Oh
>Ni No Kuni 2
>Gravity Rush 2

Spot he fucking sonygger.
>>
Hitman 6 or Dishonored 2
>>
From the list i would go with ffxv
>>
>>339297712
I have something you probably will never have - a job - and I can buy all consoles and high end PC. It doesn't cost that much.

I just play whatever I want across all platforms, why would I not due to some stupid brand loyalty? Jesus you guys are pathetic.
>>
We all know it's going to be fucking Uncharted, because game journalists care more about turning video games into movies with their agenda than video games having actual engaging gameplay.

Engaging gameplay is too hard for video game journalists. They just want to walk from cutscene to cutscene through pretty environments and occasionally shoot at an easy target.
>>
Well if the last guardian is coming out this year, then it'll most likely be that. Not sure why most of /v/ says it will be shit considering Ueda and his team made made 2 very high quality and tech pushing games for their time. It's just unfortunate they're having to release their ps3 planned game now for the ps4 gen.
>>
File: EDF4.1 7.webm (3 MB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 7.webm
3 MB, 711x400
>>339293789
So far my GOTY is pic related

it was released last year in the US but this year in EU so I'm not sure if it qualifies

But with Q3 and Q3 releases it'll probably be Nier Automata. Then again it might be a 2017 game.

Persona5 is another contender but once a-fucking-gain might not see a western 2016 release.
>>
>>339293789
It should be Stardew Valley but it will probably be something shitty like Uncharted by faggot face man.
>>
File: yooka.jpg (205 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
yooka.jpg
205 KB, 2048x1536
>>339293789
So far, probably Dark Souls 3.

For me later in the year, I'm thinking Yooka Laylee is the safest bet, with Nier and FFXV being the runners up.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.