[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than a lack of RPGs, is it honestly that bad? If nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 736x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 736x405
Other than a lack of RPGs, is it honestly that bad? If nothing else, It's excellent for platfomers and racers.
>>
Inferior to PS1 and Saturn
>>
>platformers

And exactly how many of those did it have? 2?

>racers

Again, how many of those were there?
>>
>>339287458
>Other than a lack of RPGs
It had a lack of everything that wasn't a platformer or adventure game.
>It's excellent for racers
wew, any good racer on that system had a better port on the DC or arcade
It was still pretty good, but the PS1 kicks the absolute shit out of it. You can even argue the Saturn was as good as the N64.
>>
>>339287458
Only thing worth getting were the first party games and a few third party.
Everything else had a superior port on the Playstation.
>>
>>339287748
if we're only counting the fun ones (which are all that matter) i can think of 4 off the bat: mario, DK, BK and BT

it also had one of the best RPGs of that era which was also on ps1: ogre battle
>>
First party games were God-tier and pretty much justified owning the console on their own, but in terms of third party games, yeah it was that bad.

PS1's library kicked the shit out of it in pretty much every genre just from pure quantity, even if the N64 did have some of my favourite games of all time..
>>
>>339288379
>ogre battle

Two different games in the same series
>>
>>339287458
it was great for multiplayer. the thing i remember is everyone that had one tended to have quality games for it. people with ps1s tended to have shovelware.
>>
>>339287458
It has a few good games, but it has few games period.
>>
>>339288551
the one on PS1 and OB64 were the same game (person of lordly caliber). the previous game in the series was on snes
>>
>>339287458
It has horrible anti-aliasing. If you could just disable it I'd like it a hell of a lot more.
>>
It had, like, 5 worthwhile games and besides F-Zero they all ran at 16 frames per second.
>>
>>339288908
Wrong.

N64 has lordly caliber
Ps1 has both black queen and tactics
>>
it was a huge step down from the snes. rare pretty much saved the N64
>>
File: saturn.jpg (353 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
353 KB, 920x920
>>339287736
saturn is underrated as fuck
>>
>>339289379
>thanks to "collectors" you can no longer get any of these games without paying a retarded premium

Being a Saturn owner is suffering. The crash can't come soon enough.
>>
>>339287458
90% of PS1 games were shovelware garbage.
N64 was superior in every way.
>>
>>339289379

kek John McClane looks like CWC on that Die Hard cover
>>
>>339289379
>fighters megamix
>the superior Megaman 8 version
>Superior rail shooters compared to the N64
>daytona
>all those shmups
>>339289594
This right here, although I can honestly get some good prices for a lot of (good) japanese games.
I'm just pissed I can't find Cannon Spike for the DC at a good price.
>>
nintendo took like 100 times more for licensing publishing their games on their console than sony
>>
File: 1418247046323.png (299 KB, 370x376) Image search: [Google]
1418247046323.png
299 KB, 370x376
>>339287458
Mischief Makers, Banjo, and Goldeneye were enough to justify the console let alone all the other gems it had. I'll say this I have fonder memories of the N64 than I do the Playstation and I enjoyed the fuck out of both and still do
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.