[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More fun to play than any class in TF2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: LUCI-OHH.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
LUCI-OHH.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
Where were you when a brazilian character became the best and most fun character in the game.

B-but soldier in tf2 can do advanced techniques and rocket jumps!
>>
The game is casual shit.

You dont even have ammo for fucksake
>>
File: 1462158714642.jpg (62 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
1462158714642.jpg
62 KB, 302x302
>>339270217
its hugely arbitrary in a game like this, im glad they streamlined it. You never ran out of ammo in TF2 and it didnt require any skill to micromanage the ammo and ammo boxes to do so, so why even have it.

>>339270089
I like Lucio, if anything hes too good. I just wish he wasnt the most overdesigned and gross looking character. The speakers on the dreads, the weird amp covered gun that shoots sounds, the theme is lame and doesnt fit in the universe for me, where everyone is shooting projectiles and missiles lucio makes sound balls, why
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBdY7qn_nok
>>
>>339270217
>running to a dispenser every once and a while is the difference between hardcore and casual.

Really anon?
>>
>Viewers already dropping
>Threads losing hype
>Already whispers of gameplay being stale

6 month lifespan.
>>
his dreads look like condoms filled with poo
>>
>>339270089
I play Lucio and everyone runs to the four corners of the Earth. It just isn't worth it, most of the time.
>>
>>339270089
lucio is boring as fuck, what are you smoking
>>
How do people get like 10k healing with this nigger? I always only get around 6k I don't get it. Did they nerf his healing or something, I swear he healed more in the beta.
>>
>>339271384
>6 threads in the frontpage
>it literally already has game personalities and doesn't rely on big streamers to stay one of the most viewed
>what

Upset anon on suicide watch.
>>
>>339270089
>best
sure

>most fun
nah
>>
>>339270089
>More fun to play than any class in TF2
nice meme
>>
game is not fun anymore. Every damage dealer is too retarded for group play. How hard it is to flank enemy and actually destroy turrets?
>>
>>339271723
>I-it'll be succesful! y-you'll see!

Yeah like the Dota copy HotS, or current SC2, or current WoW

blizz just knockin these games out of the park

your best bet is if the braindead hearthstone players decide to play it inbetween games, you got a shot there it is made for children
>>
I wish they would expand on the music, an extended version of the speed up mode thing would be awesome to play along to
>>
>>339271616
no, they changed how the AOE heal works tho, you require line of sight now

>>339271991
Wait until you're out of the pleb zone
>>
>>339270217
unfortunately with how static and defensive this game is, not having unlimited ammo would slow it down even more
>>
what the fuck is up with 2min queues today (EU)
>>
>>339270089

>Where were you when a brazilian character became the best and most fun character in the game?

Browsing /v/ hiding the 99999th shillwatch thread and giving (you) a single fuck (you)
>>
>>339271147
>you never ran out of ammo in TF2

But you could
>>
>>339271991
>How hard it is to flank enemy and actually destroy turrets?
pretty difficult considering every map boils down to chokepoints that only have 1 way in or out. 2 if you're lucky.
>>
i want lucio to propose to me
>>
>>339272247
Why be pedantic, you could but only if you ignored the hundred of ammo boxes everywhere which is why I called it arbitrary, it mattered to engineer only and indirectly. The point is do you really think making people waste time running over ammo boxes occasionally when it barely affects gameplay is worth the map placement and distraction
>>
>>339271991
Game needs ranked desu
>>
>>339271147
>You never ran out of ammo in TF2

>What is metal?
>What is the Heavy?
>What is the sentry?
>What is the scout pistol?
>What is the Huntsman?
>>
What are you talking about? Lucio is the most boring character in the game. I much prefer Mercy and Zenyatta for support.
>>
>>339272782
pyro aswell, only got 8 airblasts before you run out, and thats without using the flamethrower part at all
>>
>>339272671
"It's coming soon." - Blizzsrd. Just like pvp in Diablo 3
>>
>>339272060
https://soundcloud.com/playoverwatch/wemovetogetherasone
>>
File: 1464439830879.jpg (98 KB, 1342x664) Image search: [Google]
1464439830879.jpg
98 KB, 1342x664
>>339272864
>imagining pyro with infinite ammo
>>
>Ult as Zenyatta
>Everyone ignores the turret directly on the point

>Play Lucio
>Everyone runs as far away from me as possible

>Play Mercy and revive someone
>They run right back into the same spot and die

I don't understand
>>
>>339272782
>>339272864
Nice, I can see I need to be extremely specific because call something arbitrary apparently doesnt cover it.

Ammo in TF2 wasn't necessary because unless you're incompetent completely you never ran out of ammo before walking across one of the many many ammo boxes. They could have removed munitions from the game, added reloads to heavy and pyro and very little else would need to be changed besides the engineer.
>>
File: 1463848160258.jpg (24 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
1463848160258.jpg
24 KB, 381x396
>>339272632
>The point is do you really think making people waste time running over ammo boxes occasionally when it barely affects gameplay is worth the map placement and distraction

Someone's never played quake.
>>
>>339273394
Noooo you are merely playing into thier hand. Tf2 was balanced to account for ammo, OW is not. Neither is better or worse based on this aspect.
>>
>Mercy ults instantly after you die
>problem has not been solved and you die again out of spawn

I mean I get that you think you're helping and the amount of ult charge she gets is ridiculous but at least try to exercise some form of judgment on when to ult
>>
>implying this game is better than tf2
>>
>>339273394
Explosive spam at chokepoints is a key part of tf2, and eats up ammo very quickly.
>>
>>339271616
In my experience the biggest factor in getting big numbers is really just game length.
>>
>>339273319
People are shite but
>problem keeping people close as Lucio
My experience with Lucio is that you're built to go to people, not to have people get to you. Using the Speed Crossfade is great for that and then the Heal Crossfade does 25 per 2s or 130 per 3s with Amp It Up. He's supposed to be a real mobile medic.
>>
>>339270089
Lucio is fucking boring.
>heal/buff everyone by existing
>gun is shitty and doesn't feel impactful at all
>knoackback is mediocre and only good on like 2 or 3 maps
>oh boy but i can move on walls a bit~!

Even Pyro is more fun than him.
>>
File: 1461134204130.png (196 KB, 584x759) Image search: [Google]
1461134204130.png
196 KB, 584x759
As someone who mained soldier and demo on tf2 any one who thought tf2 rocket jumping/sticky jumping was hard literally has the mental capacity of a child.
>>
tf2 >>>> ow in every regard
>>
>>339273970
This, I don't know where that's coming from, it literally took 5 minutes to learn.

The only thing that took a while was learning to pogo which isn't even used in actual play
>>
File: 1434290945370.jpg (7 KB, 174x250) Image search: [Google]
1434290945370.jpg
7 KB, 174x250
>>339274089
When I went back to TF2 after not touching it for a while and playing Overwatch, one of my favorite things were the taunts. Forgot they had so much character after playing OW.

>mfw "DATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT"

After that, it was the weapon sounds, especially playing the heavy and getting crits with his minigun. Then I started to actually play and realized I had lost all of my skill in the game.
>>
>>339273970
>TF2 Rocket Jumping

I always phone it in with that shit considering how it's just simple jump and crouch. Half the time you don't even need to worry about not using W. Most of the time you shouldn't even use too much rocket jumping for your approach since the Escape Plan picks up the slack and gives you more ground options after the first couple of rockets. Doing it to attack the enemy can be a real shite choice because not only are you just as vulnerable to hitscan as Pharah is while hovering, but you're down health both at the beginning and end of your jump. Pogo is great for pubstomp, but most competent teams can counter it.
>>
File: scout.jpg (91 KB, 900x546) Image search: [Google]
scout.jpg
91 KB, 900x546
Guys, can you imagine Scout with all his goodies in this game? Fucking broken.

>High Movement Speed
>Double Jump
>Captures points and pushes payloads twice as fast as other classes.
>Primary weapon Shotgun. Front loaded damage with slight knockback. Maybe Force-a-Nature to keep it unique from Reaper/Torb shotties.
>Secondary weapon Pistol. Accurate and fast to use while back pedaling or approaching.
>Left Shit: Bonk! Basically Reaper shift.
>E: Sandman. Hits a baseball. If it connects with the enemy's head, it's a stun, otherwise just small damage. Can pick up the ball to instantly refresh the cooldown.

I don't even know what his Q would be, since TF2 doesn't have those types of abilities. Make something up relevant and you got a busted fucking character that I would GLADLY play over Tracer.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.