[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ending Fallout 3 >Has to decide who to send in the water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: pipboi.gif (1 MB, 786x800) Image search: [Google]
pipboi.gif
1 MB, 786x800
>Ending Fallout 3
>Has to decide who to send in the water purifier
>Chooses the super mutant
>Narrator mouths me over for not sending myself in and killing myself
>Says the real hero is the Mutant
>Mfw I spent hours and hours of my life saving the wasteland just to be outmatched by the fucking narrator
>>
Fallout 3 is shit
Also the sky is blue, grass is green and OP is a faggot
>>
>>339268560
Don't forget, that's the ending you had to pay extra for.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 624x352
This pissed me the fuck off too
>Send in character immune to radiation rather than illogically kill myself for no reason
>Get the bad ending
>>
>try Fallout 4
>eh the weapon customization and the borderlands-esque weapon loot system is neato if you're into that but not much else to it
>settlement system is okay but it really lacks depth
>end up spending another 100 hours in Fallout New Vegas

What is it that Fallout NV does way better than 4? It has a lot of flaws and Legion wasn't completely done, but fuck it felt a lot more finished and robust than 3 and 4. Their development time was probably shorter than Fallout 3.
>>
The only reason that ending was in te game in the first place was because you fucking autists couldn't accept a simple sacrifice story.

Sorry that your brains are wired you can't enjoy s video game, but at least they taxed you a $20 dlc retard tax.
>>
>>339270383
In most cases the sacrifice makes sense. If there was no mutant/ghoul followers and the choice came down to someone must die to save everyone then one of Fallout 3's countless plotholes would be gone
>>
No where in the game is it even implied that Fawkes or anyone else can survive both the special levels of radiation in the water purifier and the subsequent explosion

People just assume because someone's immune to a little radiation, they're immune to all radiation

I think Fawkes even says he's a better candidate to survive, not that it's a sure thing
>>
>>339268560
It would make more sense if the chamber flooded with water
>>
>>339268560

This must be what all those WWI vets felt when Stalin deorted them to the death camps. We trusted you, Bethesda. And now you are methodically executing everyone with a discenting oppinion. Smh.
>>
>>339270383
But it doesn't make sense.
The super mutant runs through a highly radiated area to get you the geck in the first place, but suddenly can't do it for the turning on the water. His reasoning was a big fuck you too.
It's a shitty story.
>>
>>339270693
See
>>339271045
Just how much more radiation can that purifier emit anyway if you are better candidate for it but Fawkes somehow is not.
>>
>>339271403
Oh no, he is a good candidate.
He just tells you it isn't his destiny and refuses.
>>
>>339270126
>What is it that Fallout NV does way better than 4?
Pretty much everything.
>>
>>339268560
FO3 is like somebody played, recorded, edited the important parts of older games and designers watched that 30 minute clip and started working in the game.
>>
>>339268560
Well, the super mutant was prepared to sacrifice his life for the cause, why didn't you, "hero"?

in all seriousness, one of the dumbest endings in vidya. I dont remember exactly but I vaguely remember theres some huge logical fail involved as well
>>
>>339268560
>game badmouths you for picking one of the literally most logical solutions
They REALLY want to make the story about martyrdom. Fucking garbage shit
>>
>>339268560
Yeah this pissed me the fuck off because the super mutant makes the most sense, yet they still think that you need to sacrifice yourself for that heroic ending.
>>
That ghoul can do it, but he refuses. In the pre broken steel version at least.
>>
>>339271994
you had a few posisble companions who could have safely done it

in the base game Fawkes will say it's your "destiny" and he won't rob you of it, Charon flat out says no despite being basically the slave of who owns his contract (he does the same when asked to get the GECK, and the mr gusty says fuck off too. With broken steel Fawkes will do it but the narrator still calls you a pussy
>>
>>339270126
NV was built by a team that actually wanted to finish the game, they just couldn't.

F3&4, the decs just didn't give a fuck. They aimed to make garbage and succeeded.
>>
>>339270383
Yeah, those stupid autists who didn't want an ending that involves you sacrificing your life for no fucking reason whatsoever.
>>
File: fBcTqRMJ_400x400.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fBcTqRMJ_400x400.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>
>>339272504

>tfw I had a mild hope they'd take lessons from NV and learn from Obsidian on a good Fallout game
>nope lets make everything even more dumbed down and shallow, take out skills and make it all into perks :^)
>Obsidian will probably never want to do a Fallout game again given the way they were treated by Bethesda

I mean, at least Fallout 4 and Skyrim are pretty, especially with mods and ENB, but fuck they're just shallow pools.
>>
>>339273481
Am I the only one who didn't play Fallout for the RPG elements and just the open world/action/fuck-aroundy elements of the games?
>>
>>339273481
>nope lets make everything even more dumbed down and shallow, take out skills and make it all into perks :^)
Ironically, the fact that they technically removed skills means that they effectively removed perks; since you have to take perks for basic improvements that used to be covered by skills, there's no room left for perks to do anything actually interesting.
>>
I can understand getting bitched at by Three Dog for killing the ghouls because it's plausible that he doesn't have the full story and of course he's gonna have his own biases but the narrator is fucking omnipotent. He knows muties and ghouls aren't harmed by excessive radiation by virtue of his role as the story's mouthpiece. Sending someone into the radiation chamber who isn't harmed by radiation isn't selfish, it's the only good fucking plan.
>>
File: 1455652006532.png (408 KB, 558x689) Image search: [Google]
1455652006532.png
408 KB, 558x689
Radiation makes ghouls go feral faster so Charon has a legit reason not to go in

Fawkes on the otherhand was missed opportunity for a joke ending. Imagine sending him in there and on that part where he rubs his head like he's confused he turns to you and says "What was the code aga...*explosion*" or "FRIEND, MY FINGERS ARE TOO LARGE FOR THE BUTTONS!"

Shit would've been great
>>
>>339270383
The sacrifice was framed in the most retarded way possible since the game never sets you up to be the ultimate martyr and there's perfectly logical ways for the damn thing to be activated without killing anyone.

A senseless sacrifice is a stupid sacrifice unless the protag is explicitly suicidal or something.
>>
Atleast ME2 did it right
>pipes filled with toxic shit
>need a tech expert to get thru there
>send in Legion
>no problem
>>
>>339272417
Which is even more retarded because 1. ghouls are healed by radiation and 2. you OWN that motherfucker. He is literally your slave.
>>
>>339274148
It's because it was "your destiny"!

Man, fuck their writing. Holy shit, I remember in Skyrim it was fucking retarded that you apparently had to swear yourself to Nocturnal to finish the thieve's guild because apparently, Mercer is unbeatable otherwise no matter what.
>>
>>339274273
>Radiation makes ghouls go feral faster so Charon has a legit reason not to go in

Was that ever proved? I know that some characters throw it around as a theory but I don't think there's anything to back it up beyond conjecture.
>>
>>339274418
>pipes filled with toxic shit
That's not a factor at all.
>>
>>339268560
Only semi related, but does anyone have that comic of the courier killing benny and his bodygaurds while Johnny Guitar (I think that's the song) plays?
>>
>>339275006
I don't.
>>
>>339275006
The edgy one?
>>
File: Fallout_242a68_5748623.jpg (279 KB, 780x2087) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_242a68_5748623.jpg
279 KB, 780x2087
>>339275006
I don't know why you'd want it but here you go.
>>
File: Fallout_1c3b0c_5748623.jpg (66 KB, 625x390) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_1c3b0c_5748623.jpg
66 KB, 625x390
Why though?
>>
>>339276325
It costs less to make more locations and weapons than it does to buy the rights to use more songs.
>>
I have over 100 hours in Fallout 3

Laugh at me, /v/
>>
File: 131.gif (28 KB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
28 KB, 300x264
>>339276325
>Fallout 4 reuses several songs from 3 but none from New Vegas
>>
>>339276710
This.

Song rights are fucking expensive and I'm glad they didn't waste more of their budget on them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some more variation, maybe even more stations, but just from a business standpoint it makes sense to limit yourself on song licensing
>>
>>339276883
>implying 100 hours is anything

I have like 300 in FO3 and I don't even like it very much.
>>
>>339276934
Bethesda is doing everything in their power to avoid acknowledging the fact that NV even existed.
>>
>>339276883
I have
>Over 100 hours in Fallout 3
>Over 900 hours in Fallout NV
And the worst part
i played them on console
>>
>>339268560
>ending Undertale
>kill all monsters because I want to protect myself and humanity
>choose not to give up my soul
>Chara mouths me over and says I'm not in control over my own actions
>says they're the real player
>mfw I spent hours and hours of my life defending humanity just to be told off by the devs perception of me
>>
>>339274273
Fuck that's too good. If they really wanted to force the sacrifice ending I would have taken that.
>>
>>339270693

>Ghouls mutated in such a way that radiation heals them
>But the radation is suddenly so super special it's still lethal

No, fuck you, I'm not accepting this bullshit reasoning in the final part of the game. Maybe if they explained that fact a bit sooner and used it more often it'd make sense. Now it's just a "fuck, we fucked up. Better make up some bullshit so the player charactet still HAS to be the one".

It's shitty writing.
>>
>>339273820
Nope, me too, but you have to admit it gets boring, same with Borderlands.
>>
File: power-armor.png (904 KB, 1050x1168) Image search: [Google]
power-armor.png
904 KB, 1050x1168
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.