[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly makes something a tumblr game? Does it have something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: say borb one more goddamn time.png (114 KB, 407x243) Image search: [Google]
say borb one more goddamn time.png
114 KB, 407x243
What exactly makes something a tumblr game? Does it have something to do with the character design and/or artstyle, or the game's storyline? Or is it something else?
>>
When the characters or writing is filled with SJW bullshit, it's a tumblr game.
>>
A tumblr game is a game someone hates for no reason and has to find a reason to so they slap and unrelated label on
>>
>>339267543
Borg pls go.
>>
>>339267723
Define SJW bullshit, you mean like having gay characters or something?
>>
A tumblr game is a game Tumblr latches onto and can't stop praising it for adhering to their shitty deluded ideals.

Even if the game had nothing to do with them.
>>
>>339268298
A game with a heavy handed message to it. It's trying to appeal to under-represented minorities by simply slapping them in there and calling it a day.

You can have gays & minorities in your game and it not be tumblr. What's important is how they're written.
>>
>>339267543
>What exactly makes something a tumblr game?
It is a tumblr game is anon doesn't like it.
>>
>>339268390
This

Typically these games feature LGBT characters with no personality whatsoever, with their defining characteristic being that they're gay, and they're sure to bring it up in every line of dialogue.
>>
>>339268571
Shame too, I'm a sucker for the stereotypical flamboyant/gay character like say Thanos from uprising. Why writers don't cash in on this besides muh sensitivity is beyond me.
>>
File: 1453099586916.png (409 KB, 459x614) Image search: [Google]
1453099586916.png
409 KB, 459x614
>>339268571
>>339268390
I see, so for extreme example, a game could have a gay, Indian main character, but so long as they're a competent and interesting MC, the game won't be labeled a tumblr game in the end, right?
>>
>>339269078
Yes.

Although tumblr might latch onto him and rewrite him to fit more with their agenda. But at this point, it should just become a new rule of the internet.
>>
File: 1464248225993.png (229 KB, 570x398) Image search: [Google]
1464248225993.png
229 KB, 570x398
Examples of games with minority type characters but aren't Tumblr?
>>
>>339269720
Nier and Drakengard 3.
>>
>>339267543
Super Mario Sunshine is a tumblr game, for example. Just look at the Piantas.
>>
>>339270360
>I'm a chuckster!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>339270504
He's an evil guy.
But what i meant is that that one sound that the Piantas make when walking around the city or standing around is LITERALLY "tumblr".
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.