[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had a "rival" with video games. My best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 640x361
Have you ever had a "rival" with video games. My best friend and I used to play video games all the time and he was better than me so I always wanted get better to be him
>>
And this concluded with gay sex?
>>
>>339260020
It concluded in him suddenly dying
>>
>>339260067
So rape?
>>
>>339259803
Was this way with my friend. He was better at pretty much every type of vidya except fighters.
He won't even play with me anymore.
>>
>>339260157
I wish
>>
>tfw I am that better friend
>try to humor mates and never full power them
>none are even remotely interested in getting good enough to be challenging

Being the big fish in the small pond is torture if you don't want to eat the others
>>
>>339260276
Story?
>>
>>339259803
I once had a 'rival' friend of sorts when we played kingdom Hearts 1, but he would win and helped me whenever I got stuck on parts:

>helped me with Cerberus
>helped me with Ursula (not sure if I actually beat that on my own or if he did, either way it took me a million tried)
>helped me with possessed Riku

It was a rivalry of sorts but looking back at how he helped me it was kinda cute.
>>
Me and my cousin who always bought the opposite version of pokemon
I only got defeated once.
>>
how's Froppy's game?
>>
>Meme no Weebmania
>>
I had this growing up. I was better at Smash Bros. and every RPG and fighting game, and my friends would oftentimes wreck my shit in racing and FPS games. Smash was our go-to, though, and while one of my friends would constantly improve and happen to actually win a match every once in a while, it always ended up with me thrashing him because he didn't like furry space animals. Soul Calibur II came out when I was 14 and we played that for a little while, and I just let him have that one because I didn't care for 3D fighters.

Now I feel like I'm fucking old. I still play Melee every once in a while with one friend of mine, but I don't often play games with my friends anymore. Getting old sucks.
>>
File: toga.jpg (173 KB, 642x1000) Image search: [Google]
toga.jpg
173 KB, 642x1000
>Stuck in that horrible limbo where you're better than all your friends but get destroyed by everyone online.

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>339259803
Do you have dreams of you chasing him as he fades into the horizon?
>>
>>339260824
People keep saying frog girl is best girl, but clearly they haven't seen vampire girl.
>>
If I beat my dad in a video game, he would actually physically beat me. Then he would practice like mad and challenge me again. I let him win though because the one time I can remember beating him again, he threw me down the stairs.
>>
>>339260580
Sounds kinda gay.
>>339260605
By what?
>>339260954
Sounds like an asshole.
>>
>>339260954
Is your dad in jail? That shit is kind of illegal dude.

I beat my dad in Street Fighter II all the time and I was just button mashing, when I found a combination that worked, I just went with it. My dad couldn't grasp that shit at all and still can't. He liked the games but couldn't figure out how the inputs really worked. But I never got beat for beating him, goddamn
>>
>>339261241
No, he still beats me as well and I'm 21. Kind of creepy when he still take me over his knee and spanks me.
>>
>>339260954
git gud
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 360x240
>>339261598
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 145x112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 145x112
>>339261598
>>
>>339261598
Kek
>>
>>339259803
When I played vanilla WoW, I always ran into the same human rogue during pvp to the point that we would just end up trying to beat each other.

We hadn't run into each other for a while until we randomly came across each other in Silverpine. After I killed him, he rolled a level 1 horde alt just to let me know his guild was hopping to a less populated server and that he had enjoyed the skirmishes we had.
>>
I had one rivalry with a friend with PES, and later FIFA.

We would always count the wins, ties and losses and were pretty close always.

I can't remember now the final score and it's been ages since we last played.
>>
>>339260824
>Be good at games
>Friend wants to play Anarchy Reigns vs. with another friend
>Wipe the floor with both of them over and over
>She's obviously not having fun
>Start letting her get me down to half health or letting her straight up win
>Suddenly is having a blast
Having gaming friends was a pain in the ass
>>
My oldest brother and i are still like this. despite me being 22 and him being 28. it was the fucking world to us. as kids it was always fighting games, street fighter, mvc, smash, when we were younger but nowadays it's just good times. last week i was kicking his ass in dark souls 3 but then when i went to fight him again he started beating me an even amount of times. he was always the one better than me, and it's funny that he requires like half the amount of time i do to get good at something. fucking faggot learns too fast
>>
Yeah, I had a bro like that.

He's a bisexual sk8er_boi now.
>>
>>339259803
No, we only played co-op because he hated losing.
>>
>>339264163
SHE SAID "SEE YOU LATER BOY"
>>
>>339260824
>Try to play any game with friends, co-op or competitive
>They can't grasp any of the mechanics that don't involve "Hold forward and mash buttons."
>Complain every game is too hard.
>>
>>339260352
I feel this, I hate that no one wants to practice a bit and have a good even fight with me. No better feeling than a close match between friends
>>
I've got a buddy who got into SFIV at the same time as I did. He somehow is just much better at the game, despite not playing any other fightan before (neither did I) and kicked my ass for 5 years. I thought SFV would set a clean slate. I even made sure to not gimp myself, picked a top-tier.

He still wins.

fuck him.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.