[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont know a lot about video games and I skipped the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: ps4.png (868 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
ps4.png
868 KB, 970x545
I dont know a lot about video games and I skipped the entire last gen, but I have a question...

are there objectively less good quality games released today? I look at the ps3 and there's such an insane amount of allegedly "great" games before you even need to scratch the surface with cult indie games on PSN.

I have a PS4 and I'm really struggling to find enough games to keep me busy. even counting nonexclusives, there's like 5 new games that people REALLY agree are pretty good. it seems like every time I see something cool, it turns out it's only available on the ps3.

is this just because the ps4 is still relatively young? and that the ps3 had the same amount of good titles at this stage in its release? or am I not looking in the right places for good games?

or are there really less good games released now? and if so, how is this possible when video games are more popular now than ever?
>>
To me, the PS4 library seems really weak, so much so that I haven't bought one. But I don't seem to have popular tastes.
>>
Good games get released all the time. People tend to assume a game is shit if it never hits the front page on Steam or get discussed here, so there's a lot of very narrow minded opinions floating around.

This is true for just about every console and PC
>>
>>339257941
I'm pretty open minded and will try any genre if the game is beloved, but even then, the only games I have are MGSV, DS3, BB, and The Witcher 3. Everything else is either a hd remake of an old game i've already tried, or gets REALLY mixed reviews from regular gamers
>>
>>339256541
>is this just because the ps4 is still relatively young?

Well it's being replaced by the neo so it's time was short tbqh

It did confirm one thing though

The masses want a cheap console that's slightly more powerful than the rest

That's the key
>>
>>339258271
>Good games get released all the time.

I have a hell of time finding things worth playing. I guess I'm just old and grumpy now.
>>
>relatively young

It's halfway through it's lifespan. Maybe it's just me but consoles this gen incredibly underwhelmed. I thought about buying a ps3 up until 2014 but not even considering a ps4. So in total, yes it has less games or just more shit games.
>>
>>339258993
Are theories as to why? Video games are as popular as ever, so it's not like the demand isn't there.
>>
File: GB3 4.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GB3 4.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>339256541
> I look at the ps3 and there's such an insane amount of allegedly "great" games before you even need to scratch the surface with cult indie games on PSN.
The PS3 has been out for a literal decade

>I have a PS4 and I'm really struggling to find enough games to keep me busy.
The PS4 has been out for 2.5 years

>here's like 5 new games that people REALLY agree are pretty good
Niche games are usually the best games. Niche games are usually not universally appreciated by everyone, some don't care for them, some really fucking love them.

I REALLY fucking love EDF4.1 and GundamBreaker3, I've put 220hours and 105hours into them, respectively, thus far.
They are both niche AA titles easily ignored by most people. Having a lot of universally agreed upon good games comes with time, nothing more, nothing less

>is this just because the ps4 is still relatively young? and that the ps3 had the same amount of good titles at this stage in its release?
Yes and yes. "PS3 has no gaems" started with, well you guessed it, the PS3 for a reason. PS3 mostly went from "ok" to "good" in the latter half of its life, moreso in the last couple of years (2011-2013)

> or am I not looking in the right places for good games?
I have no clue on what your tastes are nor do I know where you are looking, so I can't answer that.

What I can tell you is that right now if you like AA games you're in heaven, 2016 has been great. Just next month OdinSphere remake (as in, they completely remade the combat system and its pretty much a new game now), Grand Kingdom, Star Ocean5 and GuiltyGear Revelator come out.

Of course if you're only into AAA gaming or western games none of those titles will interest you, but buying a Playstation console so early on when your tastes are so specific is a silly decision. Perhaps you're better off selling your PS4 and getting it back in 8 years time when you won't have to dig through anything smaller than the biggest AAA bombs to find games to play.
>>
there are plenty of great games coming out. there aren't as many exclusives as there used to be though because games are so expensive these days that you need to release them on as many platforms as possible in order to sell as many copies as possible.

in just 2016 we got

Xcom 2
Doom
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ratchet and Clank
Street Fighter V
Darkest Dungeon
Stellaris
Dark Souls 3
Salt and Sanctuary
Uncharted 4
Superhot
Overwatch

those are all great games
>>
File: DeepDown.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DeepDown.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>339258316
> MGSV, DS3, BB, and The Witcher 3
Every single one of those are heavily marketed big AAA releases. You don't seem to have an open mind of diverse tastes at all, at least not in budget (no small/mediums games mentioned) or niche markets, which is completely fine, but you can't expect to have more than a handful worthwhile big releases so early on, especially when each gen keeps getting slower and slower starts (in regard to big games)

If you go just a step down from AAA you'll find a plethora of new games to enjoy.
>>
>>339261545
3/4 of those games are shit desu
>>
File: CPP.jpg (369 KB, 800x903) Image search: [Google]
CPP.jpg
369 KB, 800x903
>>339258448
>Well it's being replaced by the neo so it's time was short tbqh
Just because you're severely misinformed doesn't mean you should just spread your bullshit willy nilly.
PS4neo and PS4 are the same system. They share the same store, same servers, same accounts, same save files, same everything. Not one game _ever_ will be exclusive to PS4neo. They are the same exact platform. The ONLY way PS4neo will affect the base PS4 is by extending its life, nothing more nothing less.

Even if you went against all confirmed information and genuinely think PS4neo will get exclusives, who do you think will delevop them? PS4 is 40million units strong right now, by the time NEO releases the base model will have 50 to 60 million units sold, while (after some months) the Neo will have what? 5 million at best?

Which dev will ignore a 50-60million base and develop a game for 5million people? Where's the logic in that?
Look at the new3DS. Nintendo wanted exclusives and yet the biggest thing it got was a Wii port. No one bothers developing for new3DS only anymore. Heck, even MonsterHunter4Ultimate ran better on the new3DS because the game came out very close with the new3DS's release and was part of the hype.
Guess what happened to the monsterHunter game after that one (MHX)? Nothing, new3DS version runs at 30fps just like the old 3DS, the devs couldn't even be bothered to optimize it for the better hardware because the install base of new3DS is so much smaller than OG 3DS

So even if your memes were true and Sony actually allowed PS4neo exclusive content (which they won't) no dev would be bothered to do it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.