[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to enjoy games, but I can't anymore.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: hello.png (190 KB, 538x331) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
190 KB, 538x331
I want to enjoy games, but I can't anymore.
>>
Same here, now I can only play casual shit like hearthstone and hots...
>>
Stop playing kusoge.
>>
Play older games
It isn't just a matter of being jaded, a lot of newer games just aren't as good because of them being designed for literal retards.
>>
>>339249263

Go and kill yourself then frogposter
>>
dumb frogposter

I fell into the same thing so I started playing older gen games I missed out on

Yoshi's Island on GBA is amazing
>>
File: fixed.png (20 KB, 638x495) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
20 KB, 638x495
>>
>>339249263
You probably have depressions
>>
I think it's normal
Notice how people keep saying anime/game/toys are for kids? There are reasons..

I'm not one of those "vidya is shit now PS2 a best lol" faggot but it's naturally becoming less fun to play games
>>
>>339250369
I thought the same thing until i started playing older vidya and started having fun again

Games these days are just shit, the target demographic for games have double digit IQ now.
>>
>He doesn't play roguelikes
>He doesn't play older games
>He doesn't play community developed games

It's your own fault because you know nothing about games tbqh.
>>
>>339251631
Care to share some good community developed games?
>>
>>339249263
uuhh edgy
>>
File: 1454035802911.jpg (74 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1454035802911.jpg
74 KB, 1543x1360
>tfw only reason I play games anymore is so I can shitpost about them on /v/
>>
>>339251759

ss13
roblox with friends. Anything public is shit
Corruption of champions revamp mod, you can even suggest things in their github

On second thought just stick with the first game I mentioned.
>>
>>339249263
fuck off with your "wah feel bad for me because i have no friends" threads
nobody gives a fuck you stupid frogposter, go do something with your pathetic life
>>
File: 1445869511798.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
1445869511798.png
36 KB, 872x625
I think I stopped liking games when I played halfway through Yakuza 5 and literally got bored. I waited for that game like it was a gift from the heavens, played it around 10 hours with maximum excitement for a couple of days, then I booted it up a day later and I found out I was completely bored with it. I haven't played a single game seriously ever since. The last game I enjoyed from start to finish has been Ori And The Blind Forest. I pirated the definitive edition but I got bored halfway through, because the additional content was completely forgettable.
>>
>>339249263
You're growing up. Most people get into gaming when they're kids, and slowly get bored of it throughout their teenage years. You are literally like almost every other person that has ever lived.
>>
File: CNjFqaaVEAAvzQq.png (209 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
CNjFqaaVEAAvzQq.png
209 KB, 600x595
>>339251949
That games must be cursed. I stopped liking games after I finished Yakuza 5.
>>
>>339251903
I've already played ss13 to death and contributed a fair share to the spaghetti code
Roblox is just poor mans minecraft without the 12y/o autism cancer but the downside is the lack of good modding compared to minecraft
Anyway thanks for the suggestions
>>
Then find another hobby and fuck off.
>>
>>339252149
why are you so upset?
>>
>>339252110
>Roblox
>Poor mans minecraft
>lack of good modding compared to minecraft

Are you actually being serious or are you shitposting?
>>
>>339252243
Erry single time
>>
get a job then?
video games became 200% funner ever since I got a job
>>
>>339252225
Because this is literally a non-problem, OP clings to a hobby instead of diversifying and shits up discussion on the board about something that he just admitted he finds no interest in.

OP is fucking cancer.
>>
>>339252359
And yet instead of taking part in the dozen other threads about video games, you sit here and get worked up over this "non-problem".
>>
>>339249263
>>339249504
Then go do something else.
Video games will still be here when you come back.
>>
>>339252319
Only because it's a shit comparison. Roblox and minecraft are not similar games in the least. The only similarity being blocky looks.
>>
>>339252508
But the community for those games could be gone when he comes back
>>
>>339252504
Even IE has tabs now and this thread is in no way fast enough for me to be unable to follow five other topics as we speak.
>>
>OP stsrts a good thread
>people shit on him instead of bringing the feels
WTF
>>
>>339252581
>the community for those games
A couple of options, then:

Don't limit yourself to shitty MMOs, MOBAs, and online FPS games. Expand your horizons in video games a bit.

Don't worry about it. Just because CoD6 servers are empty doesn't mean the CoD9 servers won't be full when you come back. Just pick up the new game that people are playing, if you are worried about the community.

Don't worry about the community and worry about the damn game instead. No wonder you "can't enjoy games anymore" if you are focused more on forum posts or community events than you are even logging into the game. Divorce the game from the e-drama.
>>
File: 1445837411193.png (397 KB, 912x802) Image search: [Google]
1445837411193.png
397 KB, 912x802
>>
>>339249263
Pursue a different hobby.
>>
>>339252826
>community and [game] are mutually exclusive
What a shitty post. There's no suggestion that future games are like those now. Plenty of games don't get played much beyond their launch but are super fun while they're popular. It's just a trend with games not progressing so that the market finds them stale, but it's still rewarding, that experience where all the mechanics are being learned and exploited.
>>
>>339249263
We're running out of innovation. This console generation isn't trying to impress us with anything. It's all "here's the game you played two years ago, now with slightly juiced up graphics". Companies are afraid of trying out fresh ideas because they want to stay in business, therefore they stick to what they know will sell.

tl;dr you're apathetic towards video games because you've seen it all already
>>
>>339252843
Came here to post this. Do something with your life, OP.
>>
I just wanted to have fun.
Fuck consolewars fuck graphic cards war fuck /v/

I will play anything that 's fun and be totally fine if everyone else think it's shit. CoD, Neptunia, RPG on vita, anything.
>>
File: aromaticaminoacids.png (289 KB, 1189x580) Image search: [Google]
aromaticaminoacids.png
289 KB, 1189x580
>>339253202
>We're running out of innovation
>ARPGs are still click-move
>competitive shooters are just now adding in more abilities than aiming and explosives, even more mobility
>games that we all enjoyed, like RCT, The Sims, SimCity, Robot Arena, TA, etc., are either getting reboots or have alternatives.. all in improved graphical fidelity
>games like Terraria are the most advanced 2D games ever.. with such a contrast to OG Mario

Fun.
>>
>>339252101
I'm waiting for Persona 5. I'll get it on Ps3. If that one sucks or bores me as well I swear I will get a new hobby. Right now even though I always pirate games and play them for a couple of hours before I'm bored, it's still my main hobby. I still follow the industry news and like to discuss old games. If Persona 5 doesn't restore my faith in vidya I'll probably get so disappointed I'll never play or read about a video game ever again.

Fuck this hobby ruined my life. It didn't leave me any good memory and it all feels like a waste of time now, but I may be addicted because I just can't stop coming here and keeping up to date with vidya even though I dislike most of it. Maybe subconsciously I just want to see it all crash and burn.
>>
>>339254169
>tfw can't into new hobbies
>too adhd to read
>can't watch more than one movie per day since I feel empty afterwards
>can't appreciate music that isn't catchy popshit
>can't bother with physical exercise
Videogames are all I have.
>>
>>339253047
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Are you saying that future games are going to be completely different from existing games? That's highly unlikely, based on the way games are now (they certainly haven't changed that much). And even if they did... well, we'd be going through those changes regardless of who is paying attention. If every game turns into a Bejeweled clone next year, then it won't matter if OP discovers this next year of in ten years.

Are you saying that there are games which are perfectly good, but don't get much attention past launch? In that case, I don't see the problem. OP or anyone else can come back five years from now and play those games, getting the same enjoyment as they would if they'd stuck around on release day. Hell, they'd probably find them for cheap.

Are you trying to say something along the lines of "the community won't be around to discuss the video game long after it is released"? If so, that's true, but it's also fairly irrelevant to the game itself. Perhaps you enjoy the community or enjoy finding stuff and sharing it with others, but that's an aspect of the community, independent of the game... and you'll be able to find the exact same situation with some other new game in the future.
>>
>>339253558
He's right though. We only get pinpoint cases of innovation. Be it in the indie scene or AAA. We don't have alternative for The Sims and we have a single game as alternative to Sim City: Skylines. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Doom and Halo still exists. It's stagnation.
Sure, there's something good popping 2 times per year but in an industry scale and considering the amount of resources we have in our hands, it's ridiculous. People did much more with much less back then. I'm sure one day things will go for the better but it isn't now.
>>
i played shitton of games and bored actually.
solution is simple. just choose genres you can actually enjoy with. and take a break.
>>
>>339254568
Holy fuck you are the same as me down to the catchy popshit (currently enjoying AKB48's latest album a bit too much, to the point my father came to investigate what the fuck was all the girl music coming out of my room).
>>
>>339254568
>too adhd to read
What that means? A good book will catch your attention, i assure you.
>>
>>339249263
>plays doto
>wins
>not satisfied, close it and go to sleep very depressed.

why /v/ ? my "friends" are fucking retards, i dont like them but i have to play with them.
>>
>>339254568
>tfw can't into new hobbies
>too adhd to read
>can't bother with physical exercise

Sounds like a bunch of excuses m8
>>
You are schizophrenic.
>>
>>339254642
The Sims is the only relevant example, but even it has 2D alternatives.

Even CoD innovates within its series. AW has some of the most intense mobility in any shooter.

Battlefield has Squad, Arma, Project Reality..

>in an industry scale and considering the amount of resources we have in our hands, it's ridiculous
Sure, the fact that there's no actual discussion on guidelines for map design or game mechanics is tripe, but /v/ can't really criticize that, as it doesn't either.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.