[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video game nausea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 460x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 460x319
I never used to experience this, I think it is because I am getting older...

When I play games with a first person view, I end up feeling very sick within half an hour of gameplay. Even with stupid games like zoo tycoon 2, I will feel sick when playing too much in the first person camera mode.

Are there any ways to help prevent this nausea or any way to recover from it faster so I can continue playing?
>>
Don't think I'm not on to you, faggot.
I know completely you're trying to kill the FPS genre by making people believe that they cause nausea and thus make them experience it during gameplay. You made a similar thread yesterday.
>>
>>339242598
I've never been on this board before. I frequent /b/, /an/ and /Ck/. I just came here to ask this question and to see if others have a similar issue. I think you may have schizophrenia and you may benefit from professional help.
>>
>>339242745
Typical "oh shit he's on to me better make him seem crazy to save face" response.
>>
>>339242493
congratulations you have motion sickness.
>>
>>339242878
So you think there is a conspiracy theory behind someone asking questions about nausea caused by first person games?
>>
Take seasick pills before you begin gameplay.
>>
>>339242998
I am HIV positive that there is a crusade against first person games and motion sickness is your weapon of choice you SJW piece of shit.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339191932/#339191932
Explain this thread if this is your first time posting.
>>
>>339243102
But I love first person games, that's why I want to find a solution to my nausea so I can play them more.

>>339243069
Thank you
>>
>>339243376
Keep feigning innocence, fucker. I know that there are still great minds of /v/ who are already aware of your plots.
>>
>>339243102
Social justice has nothing to do with videosgame nausea unless someone is claiming that FPS games are oppressing them or are contributing to social issues like racism, sexism and homophobia.

No need to throw around derogatory terms without knowing what they mean.
>>
This is going to be coming up a lot more often in general once VR becomes mainstream.
>>
>>339242493
I thought I had this problem but it turns out it was just all the booze.
>>
>>339242493
Friend of mine had to puke once after playing K&L2
>>
>>339243616
>Attack on obscure fronts to make the enemy unawares of your intentions - Sun Tzu
>>
MGS V only game to ever give me motion sickness made me feel sick playing the wobble on the run cam
>>
Dont sit so close to the screen. Also, making sure that your fov is comfortable for you can help.
>>
I get a weird feeling when I jump off tall things I'm games.

I have to look away most of the time. I can't even describe the feeling.
>>
>>339242598
Kek this guy.
>>
>>339243871
The feeling is being gay
>>
>>339243871
>I can't even describe the feeling.

id wager you're talking about your stomach turning like when you go over the big drop in a roller coaster or down a steep hill too fast.
>>
>>339243857
Apparently increasing the FOV can help a lot .

I used to get terrible sickness playing dead island. After increasing the FOV and disabling the camera bobbing I could play for hours and not get ill.

Apparently getting ill while playing games is a common issue after seeing the results of a quick Google search.
>>
>>339242745
>I frequent /b/
Fuck off. Just fuck off.
>>
>>339244005
It takes one to know one
>>
>>339244005
Keks were had.
>>
>>339242493
do you have or need glasses?
>>
>>339244037
Dis is my senpai an I belong here /v/ is cool and I am cool. ^_~
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 374x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 374x393
>>339244114
Yep, i have terrible vision and have been wearing glasses for years .
>>
You guys do realize that it's advised in practically every single video game manual to take a break every half an hour or so right? They say that shit to cover themselves in case some retard gets nauseous and decides to sue them or some shit.
>>
>>339244235
that covers eye strain. people who are susceptible to motion sickness get it very quickly and ironically many people don't get hit with it until after they stop playing, same as people who don't throw up until after they get off the rollercoaster and not while on it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.