[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MGSV is a sprawling open world stealth sandbox with infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
>MGSV is a sprawling open world stealth sandbox with infinite options and bar none the best gameplay of the series
>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye to the series, thanking the player for their involvement in making the series grow and Kojima's success
>fags shit on it for not being a moviegame and for not fitting into the continuity of a 2d MSX game released in 1987

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>339239939
because its unfinished product that had a priced demo.
>>
>>339239939
>things that never happened: the post
>>
Because chapter 3 is missing dumbass. Where were you 8 months ago when the game was released?

I love the game and had a blast playing, but I will never not feel the phantom pain of the cut content. Fuck Konami.
>>
>>339240051
>unfinished

One mission and a title card was cut, youre pretending there is a lot more content becausd you didnt like the ending.
>>
>>339240109
>chapter 3 is just a twist on 5 previous missions
>didnt like the ending

well duuuh?
>>
>sprawling open world
>infinite options
>implying the ending was anything other than abrupt
>>
File: 1463340789403.jpg (112 KB, 965x711) Image search: [Google]
1463340789403.jpg
112 KB, 965x711
>>339239939

>stealth
>infinite options
>best gameplay
>stealth
>>
File: giphy.gif (982 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
982 KB, 500x250
>>339239939
>heaps of missing content and polish
>parts of the story are full blown retarded
>tons of parts are just downright missing
>chapter 2 consists of repeated missions and it ends with you replaying the first mission
>entire chapter 3 is missing
>braindead AI
>shit scoring design
>too easy to break and trivialize the game in countless ways
>throwaway bosses plus no real final boss
>skullface had an unsatisfying death
>big medic had tons of dlialogue cut
>no codec calls, instead we get a bunch of tapes that barely involve big medic
>apart from the burger tapes, pretty much all dialogue is super serious

And the list just keeps on fucking going. MGS5 is one of the biggest dissapointments in videogame history. Not even the delayed MGO component was worth playing.
>>
File: 054.png (441 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
054.png
441 KB, 600x600
>>339240051
>>339240109
EVEN IF the mission 51 was released, the game still wouldn't have been any better than it already wasn't .
Mission 51 brought nothing to the table, absolutely fucking nothing, and I'm sick of the people who hate the game as much as I do, using mission 51's absence as the ONLY reason the game sucked.

Game play sucked, story sucked, dialogue was terrible, no fucking mission variety, had too many fucking trailers that over hyped its mediocrity, I do not want to buy Kojima's fucking twink brand glasses, Kojima and his dick sucking, brown nosing fans can all just fuck off.
>>
>>339239939
>MGSV is a sprawling open world stealth sandbox

This isn't a positive. It has probably the worst and least fun open worlds in all of gaming.

Mission based gaming was a mistake. Peace Walker and Phantom Pain were a mistake.
>>
>>339240797
Its not meant to be a GTA open world. The open world is there so you can infiltrate from any direction.

Could it be better? Sure, but ill take it over the glorified hallways of mgs4.
>>
>buy and play ground zeroes on steam
>play it in my projector, have to adjust resolution to 1280x800
>next day, it won't work anymore
>have to reinstall it
pc master race amirite?
>>
File: 1457614195374.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1457614195374.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>tfw MGSV tricked me into extracting random shit from same-looking outposts for forty hours before realizing how retarded I was.

Fuck it was so disappointing. Characters like Strangelove just killed off, Kaz going MUH CIPHER the whole time while we did fuck-all about it, Ocelot being the most boring character in existence, Quiet's literal sole purpose is to prevent the game being a sausagefest, that Battle Gear you build and do jack shit with, that horrible online component that pushed you towards microtransactions more with every update.

There's even more stupid shit but I don't feel like typing all goddamn night.
>>
It feels like the most polished turd that could ever exist.
>>
>>339239939
Because making a game that had good story and gameplay and then ignoring one aspect for the finale is scummy.
>>
>>339240908
>infiltrate from any direction.
Infiltrate fucking WHAT!? A fucking tent and watchtower? Or maybe a small little building with a rooms inside?
Fucking delusional, you people.
>>
>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye to the series
I found the comedian
>>
>fags shit on it for not being a moviegame

I've been seeing this a lot in Metal Gear threads recently. I bet you're the same guy too. It's not nice to shitpost intentionally.
>>
GZ had more satisfying level design than entire TPP combined
>>
If you loved the series, you would've hated this game.
Otherwise, you've got shit standards and will only contribute to lower the bar of future games.
>>
>>339241338
A thank you from BB to the player and Venom throwing the tape into the MSX was an infinitely more appropriate ending than a hamfisted hug it out in a graveyard that was meant to be a passive aggressive fuck you to the audience
>>
>>339241504
In the few weeks before release, I played MGS 1 to 4 and some of GZ and I hated this game. It felt like a total departure from the series and what made everything so great about the previous games
>>
There are a million ways the story could have been done better than what TPP was. The LOL YOU ARENT BIG BOSS twist was fairly predictable, but it could have at least made it turn out you were Decoy Octopus. Really the game existed on an island from the rest of the series while Big Boss was off setting up the story for MG1 and MG2
>>
I just finished chapter 1 and thought it was the end of the game. I wasn't mad because I spent so much time on side missions. Then I realized there were so many unanswered questions and got kind of mad. Then the credits ended and I saw there was a chapter 2 but haven't played it yet.
>>
>>339241264
Yeah and when you simply the bases like that you're the delusional one. No they weren't huge and varied, but they certainly weren't what your strawman would suggest.
>>
GZ was an actually good stealth sandbox. It was a well designed base and fun to sneak around in. Meanwhile, V just drops you fucking far away from your objective and you will be infiltrating dumb outposts over and over again for 90% of your time doing the same exact things.

>>339241651
Don't bother. Most of the missions in chapter 2 are the exact same missions from 1, but with a gimmick. Just look up the truth ending and that's all you need. Don't waste your time. There's only one good and unique mission in it.
>>
File: salute.gif (76 KB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
salute.gif
76 KB, 350x272
>>339241506
>A thank you from BB to the player and Venom throwing the tape into the MSX was an infinitely more appropriate ending than a hamfisted hug it out in a graveyard that was meant to be a passive aggressive fuck you to the audience

https://youtu.be/ukL_XkXLv2c?t=8m7s
>>
>>339239939
>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye
What ending?
>>
>>339241648
>but it could have at least made it turn out you were Decoy Octopus. Really the game existed on an island from the rest of the series while Big Boss was off setting up the story for MG1 and MG2

You dont understand Kojima. Theme has always been more important to him than continuity. Making it Decoy Octopus would have just been a dumb twist. Medic Snake, as a normie thrown into the role of Big Boss, at least serves as a metanarrative where the player is building the legend of Big Boss through gameplay.

Focus on the message and not whether it "really happened. Thats what MGS2 was about, nigga.
>>
The funny thing about this game is that it probably would have been better received if chapter 2 didn't exist. All the repeat missions do is make people mad. If we hadn't gotten them we'd have been happier.
>>
File: que.png (48 KB, 372x259) Image search: [Google]
que.png
48 KB, 372x259
>In the future the almighty patriots with the most advanced technology in the world at their disposal are unable turn Ocelot into Liquid but Zero does it in the 80's by making a comatose person listen to cassettes
>>
>>339241718
I'll probably do that. I feel like I've gotten everything I can out of it gameplay wise, which I enjoyed.
>>
I really think there are like 10 people on this board who post thousands of comments a day
>>
>>339240908
I'm sure glad that giant desert with literally nothing in it was put in the game. Otherwise how else would I infiltrate a base half the map away?
>>
>>339241713
Still doesn't explain the 1st grader simplicity of it all.
I could literally drive jeep off road, across the dirt road from the Russian's outpost, and still not get noticed. All I have to do then is use the first rifle and scope I unlocked to pop off each & every one of them. Objective complete.

>but you have tons of weapons and gear to tackle the objective in any way you want!!!11 the possibilities are endless1111!!!!!
What's the fucking point? Once you unlock the best firearm then why the fuck should you go back and repeat the same shit you're going to repeat again and again but this time with a fucking pistol or some nade launcher?
I swear Kojima could say some shit like, "I love to suck my own dick and smear my own shit on my face." and somehow you guys would try to make it out as some DEEP words of wisdom.
>>
>>339240051

But ground zeroes is arguably the best thing about 5.
>>
>>339239939
But anon.. it may get a level editor soon.
>>
>>339242251
I bet you overlevel is dark souls and wonder why it's so easy.
>>
The gameplay is trash and a joke
>>
File: 1435385613341.gif (322 KB, 490x355) Image search: [Google]
1435385613341.gif
322 KB, 490x355
>>339240542
>first point complains about content missing
>then all the other points are just complaining about specific contents missing, like you've made a new point
>"and the list goes on..."
>>
>>339240051
And this demo was better than the whole game.
>>
>>339242714
You don't even need to try to break Phantom Pain though. Crawling everywhere and using the tranq pistol you start with is enough to make nearly every mission super easy. Researching extra things like the tranq rifle or the semiautomatic tranq pistol just makes it even easier.
>>
>>339243190
Are we going to pretend this wasnt part of the series since the tranq pistol was introduced? You can snipe niggas with the mk22 in mgs3. At least this one has bullet drop
>>
>>339240051
>Priced demo
Ground Zeroes holds up on its own IMO, in fact I wish TPP was designed more like it. The "lel it's a demo" thing is generally just ignored by people who have actually played it.
>>
>>339241506
The only people who enjoy being told they're Big Boss instead of getting a story about him are people who self-inserted themselves into an emotionally stunted warlord thinking he's actually cool. Considering I'm not that guy, being told I'm a boring mute with a gun isn't heartwarming.
>>
File: 1464128625781.jpg (37 KB, 290x338) Image search: [Google]
1464128625781.jpg
37 KB, 290x338
>started this game a couple of months ago
>the intro seemed really fucking weird although I liked it
>suddenly get thrown into an "open world"
>IN A FUCKING S T E A L T H GAME
>not an actually interesting open world but a ubisoft kind of open world with dumb objectives and collectibles that don't mean anything
>you can't save
>alt+f4
I can't be the only one who did that? Like it's literally the most uncomfortable game I've played in my life. Not only it's a stealth game in an open environment with thousands of little things to collect which is like the most awkward video game design ever, you also can't even be sure if these collectibles actually save when you close the game
>>
>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye to the series, thanking the player for their involvement in making the series grow and Kojima's success

Woah. so I helped shape the legacy of a monstrous warmongerer?

Thanks Kojima!
>>
>>339243270
It's the combination of things that make it bad. Infinite ammo since supply drops may as well be free along with guards having super short sight range so they need to be on top of you to see you along with not many guards in any one area along with fultons letting you remove unconscious guys all put together get really broken. You can't even ignore it, either, since the game wants you to tranq/fulton everyone so you can keep building your base. It's dumb.
>>
>>339243637
But you dont need to collect anything
>>
I finished chapter 1 after 30 hours or so...and i immediately started chapter 2 super hyped... i was so into dialogs and was wondering what is going to happen now....
But get this... first part was so forgettable and missions dumb and uninvolving that i didnt even noticed that i am replaying the same fucking mission from part1...
>>
File: 5039092.jpg (54 KB, 368x381) Image search: [Google]
5039092.jpg
54 KB, 368x381
>>339242251
most "difficult" games have some easy ways to cheese through it though

it's a signle player video game, not some competetive one, why the fuck would you just cheese through the game with the same weapon which you discovered is op when you could chose to have fun with some varied gameplay mechanics?
>>
>>339243573
Except the series has always been knwon for breaking the fourth wall and examing the relationship between player and avatar. MGSV is the culmination of that. Its a more interesting narrative than Big boss turning into an 8 bit cartoon villain
>>
File: 1452038517581s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1452038517581s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>339239939
>fags shit on it for not being a moviegame
When the entire series before hand has been established as such, it's pretty justified to be angry when the newest installment lacks anything substantial story wise, shitposter.
>>
>>339243650
Did you say that when you beat MGS3?
That's a really silly argument.
>>
File: 1451792714576.jpg (85 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1451792714576.jpg
85 KB, 960x960
>all those copy pasted side ops

There is like 5-7 different side ops and they all mostly suck.
>>
>>339243759

It was probably that mid game trailer...
>>
>>339243878
Dude mgsv should have had 10 hours of cutscenes and 2 hours of real sneaking like mgs4
>>
File: 1464020326124.png (230 KB, 834x1410) Image search: [Google]
1464020326124.png
230 KB, 834x1410
Even if it was the most disappointing thing I still had fun putting 100's of hours into it. Just started playing again to finish off getting 100%
>>
>>339239939
Lemme fuck up your FOB OP
>>
>>339244053
>what is a good balance between the two
>>
>>339244002
>extract the highly skilled soldier
>by highly skilled we mean D ranks in everything
>>
>>339240668
It would've helped, at least. The game legitimately has no fucking ending as it stands. It wouldn't make any difference in the overarching scheme of things but when you look at MGS5 on its own as a game it's clearly missing mission 51.
>>
>>339239939

what? when did that happen?
>>
I'm glad Quiet was patched back into the game.

Fuck Kojimbo for removing a gameplay element for story.
>>
>>339244168
MGSV is an episodic story told through gameplay and tapes that can be listened to without interrupting gameplay. Its just different kinds of storytelling. MGS was always in need of an editor.

I love MGS3 but god knows it didnt need a history lesson of the cold war and the boss telling you what the game's theme is for 45 minutes before you even start playing
>>
Did the online for PC even get released?

I don't see how they thought that was a good idea, since everybody has already uninstalled the game.
>>
>>339240084
>fuck Kojima

Fixed it for you m8 :^)
>>
>>339241884
Ocelot hypnotized himself into Liquid in order to fool the Patriots but never had the intention of 100% becoming him. Just like he hypnotized himself into a boring character in MGS5 but came back interesting again in the other games
>>
>>339244275
It was a pretty decent choice to make in terms of making gameplay elements have an emotional impact on the player, like the mission 43 stuff, but the issue is that it came a little too late to have a huge impact and the fact that the endgame just expects you to grind through all the missions and tedious sideops instead of delivering a meaningful postgame.
>>
>>339244429
Ocelot was pretty boring. I think his role in the twist is neat, but he just doesnt have much charisma.
>>
>>339239939
>Sprawling

This meme needs to die. MGSV is restrictive as fuck

>Here's a giant mountain you can't climb so you can take either left road or right road to end up at a small little outpost
>>
>>339244427
I know you're memeing but I agree. What kind of idiot makes the ending to the game the last thing they work on? I would have thought it would take priority in development over the huge amount of pointless filler that's in the game.
>>
File: MGSV chapter 2.webm (866 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
MGSV chapter 2.webm
866 KB, 720x404
>>339239939
>>
>>339239939
For the first five months of owning MGSV, I loved it. I thought it was the best in the series, despite the story issues and the half-assed "you're Big Boss!" ending.

And then it fucking hit me that Kojima wasted his money on having Donna Burke re-record the old vocal tracks and not include them in game, probably spent thousands on licensing the 80s music but didn't bother with the weapon names or vehicles, absolutely wasted Kiefer Sutherland's genuinely good performance by giving him about nine lines on-screen and having everyone else talk in cassette tapes that you have to stay in the ACC or Mother Base to listen to because Kaz and Ocelot never shut the fuck up about enemy snipers, choppers, Fulton extractions or various plants.

The gameplay consists of tranquilliser, extract, repeat - if you're feeling particularly fucking daring, you can go for the hold up and extract method. Actually being the Big Boss we were apparently supposed to be is punished by putting the stupidest fucking morality system ever made in, making Snake look like he's been enjoying the world's largest taurobolium.

Ground Zeroes was better.
>>
>>339241867
>at least serves as a metanarrative where the player is building the legend of Big Boss through gameplay.
Except we do absolutely none of the legendary stuff that the other characters talk about Big Boss doing in the other games. Big Boss's legend is already established by the time of MGSV thanks to the events of MGS3 and to a lesser extent PW.
>>
>>339239939
None of that is true
It's a moneysink and excuse to date a horse for "business"
>>
>>339239939
>Guards are braindead
>World is empty and not as detailed as the one in GZ
>Pay wall for weapons
>Lackluster boss fights. Eli is considered a boss fight for example
>Music is not as prominent as past games
>Skulls aren't as cool or as prominent as they should've been

The game is solid but it's nowhere near the praise that all these reviewers gave it. MGS has been going down since 4 but TPP is further proof that Kojima should've let it die back in 08
>>
File: MGS Skullface.jpg (133 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
MGS Skullface.jpg
133 KB, 685x600
>>339239939
>MGSV is a sprawling open world stealth sandbox with infinite options and bar none the best gameplay of the series
The world is dry and empty and most of those seemingly "cool" features are really hollow stuff.

The story was left horribly unfinished. It felt like a three chapter game with only one finished chapter and a half chapter. Loads of things were left to the wayside. You build this base and army and it is just over.

>fags shit on it for not being a moviegame and for not fitting into the continuity of a 2d MSX game released in 1987
It has literally nothing to do with this.

Why can't people like you understand criticism? The game is not perfect. Did I enjoy parts of it? Sure. But that doesn't solve the issues.

What happened? He built an engine. He spent too much money. Ground Zeroes was released to recoup some. The game looked very different in trailers and demos. Instead we got an empty world and a half finished story. Were there cool bits? Sure. Do they make up for the disappointment? The end of an era? The hype? The hope for a brilliant game? No. They don't.

I found a game where it was pointless to wander from A to B as between the two there was nothing. No side adventures. Nothing to see or explore. I found a story quite lacking. I found non-existant staples of the series, where were the boss battles? The batshit wackos? No where to be found.

I have no idea why we have this core of die hard fandom defending it. Sure, I concede it is not the worst game ever. But it certainely isn't the best. It was a companies ditch effort to get some profit out of an expensive endevour.
>>
it's been almost a year since this came out. I might replay it soon and try to get all my thoughts on it together.
>>
>>339245469
>Except we do absolutely none of the legendary stuff that the other characters talk about Big Boss doing in the other games

Hurr durr why was there no baby sniper wolf even though she wouldnt have fit the games timeline

Youre focused on continuity which Kojima never cared about
>>
>Infinite options!!!
>to clear the same fucking outposts during 90 hours
>>
>>339244002
I think it's worse that the side ops and main ops are the same shit
>>
>>339239939
>>fags shit on it for not being a moviegame and for not fitting into the continuity of a 2d MSX game released in 1987

Because that's what the series has been and people are justifiably upset it pulled a 180 on them? This isn't exactly rocket surgery.
>>
>>339244427
>get 40 million dollars and 5 years to make a game.
>Absolutely shit on everything
>fags thing konami are le ebil corporation.
Fuck if i was konami, i'd probably have suicided.
>>
>>339244249
It would make no difference as the ending is literally just nuke it while liquid and mantis hold hands and fly away
It's the most stupid shit I've seen in a while and I don't understand how people can still drone so much for it
>>
>>339245714
>I have no idea why we have this core of die hard fandom defending it. Sure, I concede it is not the worst game ever. But it certainely isn't the best. It was a companies ditch effort to get some profit out of an expensive endevour.

Because blind brand loyalty is the worst kind of cancer there is.
>>
>>339246031
>It would make no difference as the ending is literally just nuke it while liquid and mantis hold hands and fly away
And they still have the virus...

Even that mission was not meant to be the end.
>>
>>339244314
Too bad you can't listen to the tapes during gameplay because you get interrupted all the fucking time
>>
>>339245971
Metal Gear Solid has been built on retcons from day 1. Kojima has always fucked with canon in order to tell the story he wanted.
>>
>>339240542
>>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye to the series, thanking the player for their involvement in making the series grow and Kojima's success

I already played MGS4
>>
>>339246014
Kojima was making an engine from scratch. That isnt cheap. FOX was supposed to be a long term investment for Konami
>>
>>339239939
the trailers were the real mgs 5 scince we know what the events have to inevitably lead into the "game" was arguably just a sandbox tech show off demo

i still feel the pain
>>
>>339246120
MGS4 was a backhanded appeasement of idiots who didnt get MGS2.
>>
>>339246187
That was MGS3, 4 only continued that tradition before deciding to kill itself.
>>
>>339246138
>40 fucking million dollars
>5 fucking years

there is no excuse m8.

All we got is kojimas.
>Get a load of all these shitty songs i like that don't fit the game at all.
>>
File: 1454839384047.gif (991 KB, 178x177) Image search: [Google]
1454839384047.gif
991 KB, 178x177
>>339239939
>ending was a heartfelt goodbye

But MGS4 already did that. I had more fun with it too.
>>
I liked the game a lot, just wish the guns felt more different from one another and that they let you use more of your toys without penalizing you with a cost.

Like, having to pay each time you want to deploy the same thing is really annoying. I never once felt it was worthwhile to upgrade my helicopter in any area, because even if I didn't get the helicopter destroyed, I had to pay for every upgrade I put on it every time I deployed, even if I didn't do jack shit with it.

I'm not sure why those and your equipment don't work like how the vehicles do, where as long as you don't break them, you keep them.
>>
>>339244497
I refuse to believe that anyone was actually touched or moved or some shit by any of these things.
>Quiet does some deus machina shit and speaks because she can see 40 miles through a sandstorm because medic gets bitten and immediately faints and nanomachines I mean vocal chord parasites aren't a threat even though thats her whole gimmick and just fucks off because reasons even though they treated that shit before
>is a boring ass character nobody would use if she couldn't solo outposts with a silenced tranq rifle
>kill a bunch of literal whos in mission 43 that you don't even care about anymore because the game has automated the process of managing mother base and just dumps people off when you're full
>can't even interact with them except for pushing them around for 2 minutes before it gets boring and you've done everything there is to do
The last point applies to the whole game
>>
>>339246216
Not really. I think MGS3 was Kojima's attempt to kill the series by making it actually different, but people still bought it. Kojima made it very clear even back in the day that he was done with the series after MGS2.
>>
>>339246216
No. MGS3 was Kojima going back to the past to continue while maitaining his artistic integrity. MGS4 was

>HERE, FAGGOTS. YOU WANT AN ENDING? HERES A FUCKING ENDING
>LOOK AT THIS FANSERVICE OOOH SO NICE I KNOW U RIKE IT
>OHHHH RAIDEN BADASS NINJA NOW NOT GIRRY BOY
>HAHA BEEG BOSS IS ALIVE DURRR

The entire work reeks of distaste for its audience
>>
Also the timegating is mobile game level of bullshit
>>
>>339241062
Wait, is extracting useless? I've played for 10 hours and been extracting like there's no tomorrow!
>>
I feel like MGSV released in like 2012 for some reason
>>
>>339246461
>MGS3
>>>>Artistic integrity

lets stop here
>>
>>339246393
I have completely misunderstoond and skipped half the story so I'm bitching about it : The Post
>>
ALl I am going to say is

THE PARASITES LIKE, GAVE US LANGUAGE AND SHIT. BEFORE THAT WE WERE LIKE SOME KIND OF SUPER NIGGAS.
>>
>>339246461
Then MGS5 is really the magnum opus of distaste toward the audience

>Oh you rike new gaem here have open world with nothing in it
>Oh you rike cinematic cutscenes and an intruigins story? Too bad.
>Rike bossu fight? Here have braindead bulletsponges
>Want ending? NO FUCK YOU
>>
>>339246551
What, do we hate Mgs3 now? I thought that was the normie approved game.
>>
>>339246653
Its not a bad game, but any pretensions at being art ended with MGS2

MGS3 is the ultimate popcorn game, thats why normies approve of it.
>>
>tfw no codec
>tfw having to listen to A SOVIET SOLDIER twelve million times
>>
>>339243760
This. I feel like it's often the player's responsibility to use varying weapons. I think playing single player games using only the best weapons is just stupid. Far Cry 3, for example, is a lot better if you use different tactics and weapons during the game.
>>
>>339246653
It's "the go to" MGS game which I really hate. Normies always spot bullshit like "play MGS3 it's the only good MGS out there" or "play MGS3 and you've played all of them XD"

It is very, very OVERRATED
>>
>>339246651
MGS5 will always have the excuse of not being finished so no one can really tell what Kojima's intention was.
>>
Anyone who think 4, PW, or V aren't complete shit is a pleb, plain and simple. If you haven't realized Kojima is a hack and everything good about this series came from Fukushima, then you need to grow up.
>>
>>339246561
I wish, but what is there to skip. Quiet is a horribly written character for the 3 minutes she gets, the rest is her wiggling her butt in front of the camera.
43 is boring because by that point I extracted 1000 soldiers or more so I don't really care about them, no matter how epic they try to present it, it doesn't work
>>
>>339246651
No, Kojima wanted to make an actual game without relying on cutscenes. The story is so different than what you expected because its another MGS2 in that the narrative is less concerned about a timeline more with its status as an actual video game and the relationship between player and avatar.

MGS4's ending is "oh thank god its over". MGSV is "its over. Thank you." Thats genuine appreciation
>>
>>339246820
MGS2 was also rushed but still managed to be one of the best in the series.

MGSV was fucked up from the very start by virtue of its design. Not the story.
>>
>>339246838
What is Fukushima doing now?
>>
>no bosses
oh too videogamey for nowadays it seems

>b-but souls
the ONLY company who still includes bosses in their games for pure fun, the ONLY one and it's eastern lol
>>
File: Nuclear.png (590 KB, 2570x600) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear.png
590 KB, 2570x600
>>339246838
>>339246949
>>
>>339246852
Literally everything you listed about Quiet is explained in the game. If you weren't an idiot SJW who doesn't even listen to the story probably you might not be wasting your time bitching about it on an imageboard.
>>
File: 1446061238101.jpg (602 KB, 1492x1916) Image search: [Google]
1446061238101.jpg
602 KB, 1492x1916
>>339239939
>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye to the series
I finished Chapter 1 or Act 1 or whatever the fuck it's called, and just couldn't muster up any enthusiasm to keep playing. It was that boring. The story was retarded like always up to that point so could someone just explain what was so heartfelt about it? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
I was really disappointed when the missions had cool open world additions like roving tank patrols, helicopters etc and major bases had a lot more guards but the open world itself was sparse with no special enemies.

Really disappointed. Just have a wide variety of enemy patrols, both vehicle and infantry, not just a truck, would have saved the game.

Conflicts between mujahideen and the soviet soldiers or warlords vs the pmcs in africa, would have made the openworld perfect.
>>
File: It's not over yet.png (2 MB, 2071x1700) Image search: [Google]
It's not over yet.png
2 MB, 2071x1700
>>
>>339246895
Instead of relying on cutscenes he falls back to forced walking sections to dump the 10 lines of plot the game has.
I'd take mgs2s ridiculous amount of codec any day over this shit
>>
>>339246895
MGS5's ending is "we ran out of time and money, it's over"
>>
>>339240051
>>339240084
even if Ch3 was included, it would still be the worst mainline MGS
>>
>>339247042
Quiet is shit, no amount of namecalling or buzzwords will change that
Her story is shit
Her design is shit
Her fanservice is shit
Josten is shit
Fuck you waifufag get bent
>>
>>339247257
>Joosten is shit
false, everything else is true
>>
File: nanomachines.jpg (45 KB, 485x689) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines.jpg
45 KB, 485x689
Would you go on a sneaking mission in Outer Heaven while this music plays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmkTT_hGDGY
>>
>>339247348
Dont tease my heart
>>
File: 1458133209636.gif (2 MB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1458133209636.gif
2 MB, 294x273
>>339240668
this anon knows exactly what he's talking about

fuck everyone who says
>muh mission 51
>muh missing content

the game could've had all the content coming out of it's ears and it still would've been trash.
>>
>>339244324
Yeah, it got released like a month or so after the game proper was released. It was shit. I would be shocked if people were still playing on any platform.
>>
>>339247113
Saddest part, this 11 year old managed to pull off what you described perfectly. Even the mediocre sequel made me feel much more like I was in the middle of a sprawling war zone.
>>
>>339247204
>it wasnt an overindulgent bombastic mess like mgs4 so its le unfinished meme

Protip: chapter 3 was a titlecard for the postgame like chapter 5 of peace walker. There is some cut content but you fags overblow it because you didnt like the twist
>>
>>339247204
Which really shows just how stupid Konami is. Can you imagine how much they would've repaired their shitty image if they released what was cut in a free update?
>>
>>339247348
That's incredibly unfitting.
>>
File: 1391368709069.jpg (40 KB, 513x687) Image search: [Google]
1391368709069.jpg
40 KB, 513x687
>>339247417
Imagine you're facing Big Boss when the trumpets and the Operation Intrude N313 theme kicks in.
>>
>>339247521
No matter what bullshit you spew out of desperation, MGSV is unfinished.

And MGS4 was perfectly fine as the bombastic spectacle that it was, better than some mopey, failing-to-deliver hogshit that is MGSV.
>>
Am I a bad person for being new to the series and really liking MGSV? To be fair I played 4.
I just loved the feeling of being a behind enemy lines special forces operative and I didn't much care about the story or characters, I just loved being in the environment, sneaking upon an outpost, surveying, planning then sneaking in, I turned off x ray vision and on screen markers do there was tons of tension and a great deal of immersion, it did have issues outside of story but overall I still loved it.
>>
>>339247608
>And MGS4 was perfectly fine as the bombastic spectacle that it was

Except when it forgot to be a video game
>>
>>339247630
You're who MGSV was made for.

It wasnt made for fans of the series - have fun!
>>
>>339247521
>you didnt like the twist

First it needs to exist.
>>
>>339246031
>while liquid and mantis hold hands and fly away

THis is something that infuriates me about MGSV.

I mean, in what manner does MGS even hint that those two are such butt buddies? I don't even remember Mantis and Liquid speaking to each other in the game.
>>
>>339247521
MGS5 was literally unfinished, most of chapter 2 was repeat missions from chapter 1 on hard (in a story based game) and the setup to the ending is completely unresolved
>>
>>339247661
MGSV is equally guilty of that, if not more.

>inb4 poorly aping Ubisoft tier design cliches is being a game

At least MGS4 actually bothered to have decent bosses.
>>
>>339247630
you don't mind the total lack of mission variety? or how easy it is? or how repetitive it is?
>>
>>339247630
MGSV is ok until the missions start repeating and you realize there are copy paste outposts fucking everywhere.
>>
>>339247529
they dont care about their image towards western video-game enthusiasts
>>
File: 233131332.jpg (13 KB, 217x209) Image search: [Google]
233131332.jpg
13 KB, 217x209
I'm sad TPP was nothing alike GZ.
Man, amazing that level design with tons of possibilities, that limited equipment, that actually interesting story as short as it was, that actual tension while playing it for the first time, that complete lack of grinding for Motherbase, that classic Kaz.
I played it everyday for a month while I was waiting for TPP because I couldn't contain my hype.
>>
>>339247792
They would get backlash for it everywhere shitlord.
>>
>>339247745
>At least MGS4 actually bothered to have decent bosses.

Bullet sponges and gimmick bosses oh boy. Let me guess you loved the contextual QTE final boss because MUH ATMOSPHERE, right?

I will concede MGSV is a little lacking in bosses but sniper skulls on extreme are a much faster paced version of the fight with The End.
>>
>>339247848
well you could probably say they don't care about their image to video gamers at all seeing they seem to be pulling out of the market and only making pachinko machines or moble games
>>
>>339247608
They were both bad

MGS1-3 = good
MGS4, PO/PW and GZ/TPP = bad
>>
GUYS, A LEGIT QUESTION LAWLZ

The vocal cord parasites do a lot of crap, but they kill you by basically turning your lungs to shit.

But Quiet doesn't have lungs, and her own parasites regenerate her.

So, is she supposed to be living alone in some part of the desert, forever?
>>
>>339247780
Not him, but I found the repeated main missions to be great (except the ones with the bullet sponges) because of the limitations imposed by the game. It felt like playing an old metal gear. When they didn't let me have equipment or been seeing it was amazing. It completely changed how I approached the mission and felt fresh and cool.
>>
>>339247909
Just stop posting. If you think MGSV rehashing the same boss we already beat 3 times before isnt "gimmicky' then you're just deluded.

Even fucking Peace Walker tried to do something different
>>
>>339247529
If as much was really cut as you faggots pretend, why would they spend millions to make it and then release it for free?

Fuck off with your delusional fantasies
>>
>>339248005
MGS1/2 = Classic
GZ & 3 = Good
4 & PW = Passable
V = Shit
>>
>>339248041
Sniper skulls are not even remotely the same thing as the earlier skulls. Let me guess you didnt fight them an just sneaked past?

Even being able to sneak past them shows how MGSV values player agency above all else
>>
I can't be the only one who found Africa to be quite lacking graphically speaking. Afghanistan ofteten looked awesome, but I recall beginning the first mission in Africa and thinking "what the hell, why is this so shitty".
>>
>>339248014
No she dies because the parasites are activated when she calls for the helicopter
>>
File: 1317876068805.jpg (76 KB, 574x493) Image search: [Google]
1317876068805.jpg
76 KB, 574x493
>>339248091
>GZ & 3 = Good
get the fuck out, MGS3 is objectively the pinnacle of the franchise
>>
>>339239939
Having the best gameplay among a series of movies isn't anything to be proud of, you might as well praise the gameplay in Beyond Two Souls because it's better than Heavy Rain's

The open world is fucking garbage and the story would better just not exist at all
>>
>>339248142
>FF13 pic

no thanks
>>
>>339247776
No...somehow I didn't, I did almost all the side ops because I liked the core gameplay that much that the small changes didn't feel like too little. Since I turned off x ray the game wasn't all that easy, at least for me. I just played the game like I was a soldier doing missions, I didn't expect big changes in mission variety because I was in Afghanistan and bog standard outposts made sense to me. I realize the game shat on long time fans and that's wrong, but I cant help liking it.
>>
>>339248142
I still prefer MGS1 and 2 over 3
>>
>>339247909
>a much faster paced version of the fight with The End
Like Crying Wolf?
>>
>>339248160
>you might as well praise the gameplay in Beyond Two Souls because it's better than Heavy Rain's
No it isn't. Heavy Rain is way better than BTS except visually
>>339248176
it's called a reaction face, faggot
>>
>>339248123
>Even being able to sneak past them shows how MGSV values player agency above all else

It didnt do anything with it, being able to skip a boss isnt good design, if anything it shows how little they gave a fuck about making a solid progression of events.

Even Dark Souls with all its multiple paths and possibility to skip certain bosses isnt that fucking lazy
>>
>>339248238
>Heavy Rain
>good

I honestly felt like it was one of those games I'd rather watch on Youtube then "play". Can't believe it sold 3 million copies
>>
>>339248220
No that was just crawling around in the snowfield tranqing the mooks while sloooowly looking for her through the blizzard because they couldnt figure out how to make her challenging without relying on mookspam and bad visibility. MGS4 is slow as fuck generally.

Sniper Skulls have you surrounded from all sides as you dash and dive between trees trying to get a shot off.
>>
>>339248142
>There are still people who refuse to undersand that MGS1/2 are the very core of the series, with everything else being tangential bullshit that ranged from decent to shit
>>
>>339248160

Kek, MGS games always had good gameplay. MGS4 and 5 blends stealth and gun play perfectly together and no game of within the genre can top it.

You PCuck can only spout your shitty movie memes and pretend to know about video games when you don't.
>>
>>339248262
>being able to skip a boss isnt good design, if anything it shows how little they gave a fuck about making a solid progression of events.

Its a STEALTH GAME you triple nigger. Souls isnt stealth.
>>
>>339248296
>Heavy Rain
>good
I didn't say such a thing, idiot. But BTS is way worse. Heavy Rain at least lets you fail and gives you different endings and story bits depending on how you perform.
>>
File: 1409089601323.png (209 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1409089601323.png
209 KB, 480x480
>MGS2 > MGS1 = MGS3 > PW > MGSV >MGS4

But don't tell anybody
>>
>>339248405
MGSV is not a stealth game.
>>
>>339248014
DUDE WOLBACHIA LMAO

>>339248027
>because of the limitations imposed by the game. It felt like playing an old metal gear. When they didn't let me have equipment or been seeing it was amazing.

Uh, what are you even talking about? I mean, bring the dog, and you have to literally be retarded if the enemies catch you. How is that like the old MGS games?
>>
>>339240109
It seems you don't understand what unfinished means.

If you had to screw in 99999999999999999999 bolts, and only did 99999999999999999998, that would be considered unfinished.
>>
>>339248438
You have autism dont you
>>
>>339248539
I know what a Stealth game is

MGSV is as much stealth as FarCry
>>
>>339248129
Exactly , i wouldve been cool if it was only afganistan with more caves/outposts/ maybe claim a snowy mountain and sneak around a base at the top and the scape a la uncharted with metal gear following you and fucking shit up.

Mgsv could ve beena X/X so many missing opportunities. I solely blame Kojima
>>
>>339248582
Youre the pedantic asshole who says smash isnt a fighting game because it isnt street fighter arent you
>>
>>339248386
>There are still people who refuse to undersand that MGS1/2 are the very core of the series, with everything else being tangential bullshit that ranged from decent to shit
I love those games but MGS3 is so much better as a stealth game overall.

No radar to cheese through the game by looking at a small screen, instead you have to look at your actual screen to see what's going on
You can hide from your enemies even in front of them, instead of avoiding their path
Better camera control, MGS2 has the most terribe camera in the whole franchise considering its style of gameplay that makes guards outside frame seeing you while having no control to see what's in front of you.
The rest is subjective, like story and characters. But it is definitely an improvement over the past games
>>
>>339248405
>>339248420
>>339248582
>Kojima shillers

Just stop
The game while pretty is pretty lame.
>>
>>339248664
No, but having some wanky stealth elements dosent make a stealth game.

I guess Call of Duty 4 is a stealth game too because of the Pripyat mission
>>
>>339248491
>Uh, what are you even talking about? I mean, bring the dog, and you have to literally be retarded if the enemies catch you. How is that like the old MGS games?
I'm talking about the subsistence missions, or total stealth missions that don't let you use the dog.
>>
>>339239939

>mute snake
>1/2 game is focused on kojimas derpy waifu
>awful level design. bases become repetitive after the first
>Africa and Afghanistan are big, empty, with no distinguishable geography
>literally dumbest fucking story of all time
>>
>>339239939
/v/ is full of unironic memers
>>
>>339248740
>guess Call of Duty 4 is a stealth game too because of the Pripyat mission

Okay now im genuinely convinced you have autism or some kind of personality defect if you think thats an appropriate comparison
>>
>>339248691
>No radar to cheese through the game by looking at a small screen, instead you have to look at your actual screen to see what's going on
Play on Extreme/Hard which dumps the Radar

>You can hide from your enemies even in front of them, instead of avoiding their path

Ok? Hiding is hiding.

>Better camera control,
I guess this is kind of true but original MGS3 had the top down camera which made things difficult since it was outside. MGS1/2 were fine since they were in contained areas.
>>
>>339248138
>she dies because the parasites

How? Again, the parasites kill you by rotting your lungs, but she doesn't have any lungs whatsoever, and on top of that she has healing factor parasites of her own.
>>
>>339248691
>No radar to cheese through the game by looking at a small screen, instead you have to look at your actual screen to see what's going on
When the guards are basically wearing highlighter clothes this dosent really matter, plus you get so many other gadgets to use.
>You can hide from your enemies even in front of them, instead of avoiding their path
This slowed the game down considerbly, I think.

I never had a problem with 2s camera so no comment. Its just a upgraded MGS1 to me.

One thing MGS3 did do right was nerf the tranquilizer, but other than that it added too much needless stuff like Camo and Survival.
>>
>>339248664
>pedantic asshole who says smash isnt a fighting game

Sakurai too is a pedantic asshole, then.
>>
>>339248872
>Play on Extreme/Hard which dumps the Radar
it also ruins the gameplay because of the camera
>>
>>339248897
good point. I thought they just eat all of your organs. I guess she just died of old age
>>
>>339248740

You are just disgusting pleb who don't know shit about video games.

MGS5 has a lot of mechanics dedicated to stealth unlike all those AAA games out there. Kojima let you go between full stealth and full gun blazing like deus ex did and he done a great job of it.
>>
>>339249071
>Hide behind wall
>see around corner and can view guards
or use FPV to scope out an area
>>
>>339249090
Kojimbo said she didnt die, she just left, google it
>>
>>339242994

things like bad ai and lazy bosses aren't cut content, theyre poor design choices
>>
>>339249129
Too bad its still a bad game.
>>
>>339245348
>What kind of idiot makes the ending to the game the last thing they work on?
Have you reached the ending?
Nobody has
>>
File: mgs.jpg (48 KB, 519x246) Image search: [Google]
mgs.jpg
48 KB, 519x246
>>339240051
i don't care what anyone thinks. it was an 80s inspired game, that had more in common with the first 2 than anything else. all gameplay, all the time, no fluff. you're given controls of Snake and they're never taken from you. 5/GZ are easily 2 of the best Metal Gear games ever.
>>
>>339249158
It's annoying. If it's annoying it lessers the gameplay. MGS1 worked because guards had ridiculous limited vision that let you saw them before they spotted you, but in MGS2 you have to move be paranoid all the time because you can't see shit
>>
>>339249392
>no fluff
motherbase motherbase motherbase
waiting half an hour for weapons to unblock
grinding soldiers
repetitive side ops
>>
Why wasn't the Eli/Sallyann subplot cut entirely when they realised they had no time to resolve it and just have Eli hate "Big Boss" because Snake treat him like shit on base or whatever?

Why is there no signs that Venom is figuring out he's not quite right before you get Mission 46? Why not have him remember things of his past life and try to reconcile them with reality while Ocelot handwaves them because he knows you're realising the truth?

Why did that faggot Huey think D-Dog is a wolf?

Why doesn't Quiet communicate with pen and paper at all?

Everything about Skullface outside of Ground Zeroes: Why?

Why is there absolutely nothing to do in the game world?

Why doesn't it elaborate on Kaz at all, particularly regarding his eyes.

Why didn't anyone tell Kojima that GZ was a really good setting and story and then just let him do nothing for 3 years?

Why is the mission where you're gunning down your infected men the only one in the game that actually feels tight, pointed and enjoyable?
>>
>>339249162
Kind of dumb for a character that powerful to never interact with Big Boss and Fake Boss again considering they become world famous figures and the whole Patriot war becomes a global thing. Would've made more sense to the canon if he said she dies sometime after V
>>
>>339246461
HOW DID VAMP HAVE THOSE POWERS? NANOMACHINES.

HOW IS SNAKE ALIVE? NANOMACHINES.

HOW DID BIG BOSS STAY ALIVE IN THAT COMA? NANOMACHINES.

FOXDIE? NANOMACHINES.

RAIDEN? NANOMACHINES.

MGS 4 was such a piece of shit, and to top it off it had no gameplay whatsoever. Kojima responds by ONLY having gameplay, people complain they couldn't sit there and watch a movie for 17 hours. Kojima got Zelda'd. Just wait for konami to contract him for 6, 5 will suddenly be the shining paragon of video games.
>>
>>339249208

No it is a good game because I say so. The fact that you have no retort and you have to resort to this kind of pitiful one line loser response just go to show how much of a loser you are.
>>
>>339249559
>motherbase motherbase motherbase
optional.

>waiting half an hour for weapons to unblock
optional

>grinding soldiers
optional.

>repetitive side ops
open world game, comes with the territory. and they're optional.
>>
>>339240051
>referring to videogames as products
Kill yourself, jew.
>>
>>339249612
>and to top it off it had no gameplay whatsoever
Such a lie, it has tons of gameplay. Not only that, pretty good gameplay. The movie clips overshadows the gameplay because there's so much of it, but skipping cutscenes the game is as long as the average MGS
>>
If this is with it for $27 on sale?
I hate fulton and based building.
>>
>>339249680
>optional.
Not when you have to develop good weapons to progress through the game to avoid everything becoming a bullet sponge or having shit equipment.
>open world game, comes with the territory
don't care, shit is shit
>>
>>339249831

If crawling all over a map sneaking through bases sounds good to you then you should like it, though there is a lot of fultoning.
>>
>>339249831
>I hate fulton and based building.
No, you won't enjoy it.
>>
>>339249786
>Such a lie, it has tons of gameplay

No it fucking doesnt. Youre delusional. Go play it again and skip all cutscenes. See how long it takes you to get through acts 1 and 2, because thats when the core metal gear gameplay is over.

I did a Big Boss extreme run crawlllng everywhere and i still beat it in 3 hours.
>>
>>339249578
>Why wasn't the Eli/Sallyann subplot cut entirely when they realised they had no time to resolve it and just have Eli hate "Big Boss" because Snake treat him like shit on base or whatever?
Eli knew who he was, they explain this.

>Why is there no signs that Venom is figuring out he's not quite right before you get Mission 46? Why not have him remember things of his past life and try to reconcile them with reality while Ocelot handwaves them because he knows you're realising the truth?
go watch his facial expressions in cutscenes. he always feels off, and confused about a lot of situations.

>Why did that faggot Huey think D-Dog is a wolf?
HE'S A DOG, YOU HEAR? A DOG!

>Why doesn't Quiet communicate with pen and paper at all?
She refused to. Ocelot says it.

>Everything about Skullface outside of Ground Zeroes: Why?
He was too dark, feedback was negative. Kojima should have stuck to his guns, but the biggest market is America, who are crybabies about everything Kojima wanted to show.

>Why is there absolutely nothing to do in the game world?
Shouldn't have been open world, i can't defend that.

>Why doesn't it elaborate on Kaz at all, particularly regarding his eyes.
This bothered me too.

>Why didn't anyone tell Kojima that GZ was a really good setting and story and then just let him do nothing for 3 years?
Red what I said about Skullface.

>Why is the mission where you're gunning down your infected men the only one in the game that actually feels tight, pointed and enjoyable?
It's tight because it's one of the cinematic missions, where you don't have much say.
>>
The game got boring as fuck fast
>>
>>339249865
You can play most missions without weapons, if you were good at stealth. I can do them all in Subsistence mode.
>>
>>339249865
The only forced fight in the entire game is Sahelanthropus. Develop 1 rocket launcher over the course of a 50 hour game and youll be fine.
>>
>>339249939
>games being short means it has no gameplay

kek
>>
File: wat.jpg (10 KB, 156x128) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
10 KB, 156x128
>>339249939
>i skipped all the content so there wasnt any content
>>
>>339250321
>cutscenes
>content

>>339250305
When its 2 hours of real stealth gameay in a 15 hour experience, yes, theres a problem there.
>>
>>339249979
>Eli knew who he was, they explain this.
I know, but in the absence of a real ending for the plot arc, they should have expanded on it further

>She refused to. Ocelot says it.
Yeah, but that's dumb. Just say she got brain fucked into illiteracy when she got toasted even. Anything to give it a reason besides "nah".

Also, Ocelot isn't even really Ocelot in this game. He feels nothing like himself. There should have been more cocky showing off between him and Snake, maybe even a boss battle across MB where you challenge each other for fun/bragging rights.
>>
File: 1462393696579.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1462393696579.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>Peaked at the Hospital and never got any better
>>
>>339240109
There is a shitload more missing than that one mission, it did need a whole 3rd chapter, hell, even chapter 2 was short and padded.

It had a terrible ending. If Koji had 1 or 2 more years...
>>
>>339250160

You don't even need rockets. In fact rocket is not that good in the fight, There are a few tanks and missile pod car around.

One time I fucked it up with just the missile pod car alone. I thought the mounted gun on the missile pod car would be shit but how wrong I was.
>>
>>339250447
>I know, but in the absence of a real ending for the plot arc, they should have expanded on it further
they talk about it for half an hour in the tapes.

>Yeah, but that's dumb. Just say she got brain fucked into illiteracy when she got toasted even. Anything to give it a reason besides "nah".
her goal was to kill big boss and motherbase all together, until she joined him for real, and she spoke.
>>
>>339250160
>Develop 1 rocket launcher over the course of a 50 hour game and youll be fine.
Have you tried to fight it with the beekeeper
it's fucking boring
>>
>>339249680
>optional
You need the fulton upgrade to save the niglets to beat the game you faggot
>>
File: download.png (11 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11 KB, 194x259
>>339250469
>admitting he wanted a moviegame

Why dont you just play Gone Homo?
>>
>>339250578
>You need the fulton upgrade to save the niglets to beat the game you faggot
which you get for free, and has no wait time.
>>
>>339246461
>MGS3 was Kojima going back to the past to continue while maitaining his artistic integrity
It's sad that most of the internet actually believes this
>>
>>339250434
>2 hours

Just as expected from a frog poster. Your life is so fucking pitiful that you have to shit on an early PS3 games with this much lies and exaggeration.
>>
>>339250619
Thats what happened though. MGS3 was a compromise between continuing the series and not fucking up MGS2's ending but people wanted answers to MGS2 even though the point is that answers werent needed because it was fiction
>>
>Samey missions
>Awful base designs
>Peace Walker gameplay
>Dreadful side stories that don't pay off (literally arkham city tier)
>Stupid as shit AI
>Helicopter intro and outros
>Credits
>Dead mother base that only cool the first 5 or so time you go around it
>MGO being standard TPS
>Completing >150 of the exact same side ops for the last one to be a fucking destroy a armour unit
>lol skullface parasites zero through a papercut
>Skull face was literally nothing
>Eli cut content

Still think 4 is an abomination though but 5 made me so fucking mad
>>
/v/ what would you prefer:

A: MGSV but it's everything it should have been
B: Zone of the Enders 3 and it's as good as it possibly could be.
>>
>>339250673
Acts 1 and 2 without cutscenes are two hours long and thats generous

Act 3 is just following around that jackass, act 4 isnt real stealth youre just dodging scarabs and act 5 is one hallway, a boss, and a QTE.
>>
>>339250780
As much as I love ZoE, Project Enders looked seriously awful.
I would take MGSV
>>
>>339250606
No you fucking don't
>>
File: 1464076108631.jpg (27 KB, 491x463) Image search: [Google]
1464076108631.jpg
27 KB, 491x463
>>339250434
>its just cutscenes
>in the SAME post
>unless you count the 15 hours i said didnt exist
>>
>>339250761
>Skull face was literally nothing

I know the trailers were better than the actual game but fuck, it hurts to remember them

Watching the trailers was like
>Whoah what the fuck Snake is with Skullface and doesn't seem to be a prisoner at the MG Hangar
>Skullface is on Mother Base with Sahelanthropus
>Trailers implying that Skully might actually be on your side eventually

Actual game
>Boring jeep ride
>Teleports behind u
>*it was a hologram*
>>
>>339250780
Kojima to never make games again
>>
My problem with MGSV that it was meant to be the last game of the series and put a nice little bow on the story of how Big Boss became the villain we knew. Instead, he was completely vindicated and we were lied to throughout the entire game,

The story was utter garbage this time because there was literally nothing there. For a good portion of the game, I felt as though I was waiting for it to finally start after chasing down random soldiers, mission after mission.
>>
File: 1420945196502.png (223 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1420945196502.png
223 KB, 700x700
>>339239939

yeah shits mad fun if you're into that

>Ending is a heartfelt goodbye to the series, thanking the player for their involvement in making the series grow
maybe but from a narrative perspective the ending was pretty shit either way

the real reason people "shit on it" so much is because it was rushed and a few things were very obviously left incomplete, and that ruins the experience for a lot of /v/ purists.

That, and, even if it had been everything Kojima wanted it to be, I'm convinced that a sizable number of anons had it hyped up in their heads to be a 15/10 game and would have been disappointed even if it was a 10/10. Not everyone, but, quite a few people here.
>>
>>339251067
Kojima has NEVER CARED about the internal continuity of the series. He retcons shit to better suit the core theme of the game ALL THE TIME. The absurdity of tying into an old 2d game from 1987 is mocked when Venom sticks the tape into an MSX2 machine during the ending.

The story IS the gameplay. Youre mad the story isnt what you wanted it to be and it didnt fit your preconceived notions of what Big Boss' fall was.
>>
>>339247816
Me too brother, me too...
>>
>>339241718
you don't need to finish the hardmode missions, you can just go and do side ops and go to base from time to time for cutscenes and "real" new missions to appear.
>>
>>339251365
>preconceived notions
The story is shit even if you're new to the series.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-25+at+10.01.44).png (142 KB, 756x779) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-25+at+10.01.44).png
142 KB, 756x779
>>339251408
>>339251408
>>
>>339241878
and noone realises that these are completely optional, you can just spend time in game world doing whatever and the new missions will appear.
>>
>>339250824

You are fucking retarded, first time play through is the only length that counts. Speed run or rushing through the game doesn't mean shit.

Act 3 has a lot of enemies that you need to evade, it is not the same old stealth but it is still stealth

Act 4 has those giant gecko looking for you and it is the only chapter where gun blazing is a terrible idea.

Act 5 is gecko + frog soldiers and you won't able to get through the final door during alert.

Keep being a cynical cuck
>>
>>339239939
It fits completely into the continuity of Metal Gear (MSX), and in fact it explains its biggest nonsensical factor: Why the FUCK would Big Boss show up in Outer Heaven in front of Solid Snake, blowing his own comfy, advantageous FOXHOUND cover?

Venom Snake is visibly angry at Big Boss' betrayal, and so is Kaz. However, considering Kaz works alongside Big Boss at FOXHOUND and Venom Snake builds and manages Big Boss' Outer Heaven, the most likely scenario is that they both hid their intentions from Big Boss.

During Operation Intrude N313, the most advantageous scenario for Big Boss would have been for Solid Snake to die or, at the very least, for Venom Snake to not even show up. Had Venom Snake not shown up, Big Boss' involvement with Outer Heaven would have remained a secret.

However, Solid Snake succeeded (thanks to Miller's training) and he saw Venom Snake (as Big Boss) in Outer Heaven, completely blowing Big Boss' cover, painting a target on his ass and forcing him to flee.

The ultimate consequences of Venom Snake and Kazuhira Miller's revenge would mean Big Boss' death at the hands of Miller's trainee, Solid Snake, shortly after the Outer Heaven Uprising.

Metal Gear Solid V's main theme is "revenge". The ending is about why Metal Gear's Outer Heaven Uprising even happened to begin with, and especially why it happened like it did.

It was a carefully constructed ruse by Venom Snake and Kazuhira Miller "to support Big Boss' son to send him there (to hell)", as Kaz himself says at the end of V.

It's actually pretty fucking obvious because otherwise the Outer Heaven Uprising makes no fucking sense, as it couldn't possibly have been advantageous to Big Boss, and it absolutely didn't need to happen like it did, had Big Boss been in control. But he wasn't.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.