[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games with absolute shit tier gameplay but are still worshipped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Morrowind.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
ITT: Games with absolute shit tier gameplay but are still worshipped by /v/eddit
>>
>>>/r/gaming
>>
>>339235468
B-but it's good with mods!
>>
>>339235524
it's good without mods too.
>>
>>339235468
>till worshipped by /v/eddit
I've been here long enough to know it was worshipped before reddit was a thing.
Have you?
>>
>>339235468
>/v/eddit
Could you be trying any harder, faggot?
>>
friendly reminder that the combat in oblivion only has 4/5ths of the depth that morrowind had, and less than 1/5th the fun, since dodging melee weapons doesn't really even exist, and alchemy and enchantment were nerfed hard, also status effects suck, and skyrim is even worse than oblivion, it doesn't even have stats
>>
>>339236617
Also >level scaling
>>
>>339235468
Any active time FF. Morrowind is good.
>>
Honestly TES has shitty combat anyways but can you really judge something that's two consoles old?
>>
>>339235468
Any turn-based game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>339236889
Good turn based is some of the most satisfying shit in gaming.
>>
>>339235779
Reddit is older than /v/.
>>
>>339237285
What's this anon?
>>
>>339237285
Lol.

Slow and boring imo.
>>
>>339237347
Wait the site or userbase?

OH RIGHT BOTH HAHA
>>
>>339237410
The Lucifer fight in Nocturne.
>>
>>339237587
I intended the site, I don't know the demographic information for either, though /v/ does seem very young lately.
>>
>>339237285
for me only good turn based system was in Golden Sun
>>
>>339235651
Some visual overhaul mod is all you need.
>>339236617
Archery is way more satisfying in Skyrim though.
>>
>>339237702
I know what you meant i was just memeing
>>
>>339236617
>Oblivion combat is worse than Morrowind
okay anon I love Morrowind and I play it once a year but let's be real
>>
>>339237629
Oh shit I used to want to play that game back in the day. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>339235468
I keep intending to play it but never get arund to it.
I have a list of old games to try and play through that never makes any real progress, including Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Fallout 1 and 2, Bully, SW Dark Forces, and Morrowind.
I assume others have a hard time going back to older games, I think a lot of it is a necessary nostalgia for them.
For example, I can play KOTOR every year without any problems.
>>
>>339237482
Oh well, sucks for you.
>>
>>339237810
Imo oblivion's combat is another breed of shitty, and while morrowind's system really isn't that great for first person real time combat, at least it has depth to be compelling even with it's faults.
>>
>>339237810
It looks better, it's more satisfying to see. The problem is that the actual mechanics are a mess. Fatigue isn't as important, and the effectiveness of blocking is still based on chance so it's not even a true action rpg, the only action to be found in blocking is having to pull the stupid shield up. The only real action mechanic is the same one that was in Morrowind, that is sidestepping projectiles. Furthermore the fun factor of becoming insanely powerful with alchemy and enchantments is gone.
>>
>>339235468
We all know casul scum like you prefer le quest marker fast travel anywhere babbies first rpg skyrim. Did you had your Overwatch fix for today and jacked of to cartoon characters, kiddo?
>>
>>339235468
If you're not an idiot and put points into agility at the beginning of the game, then you practically never have to worry about not hitting something.
>>
>>339237810
>>339238238
This. The only 'improvement' is that it does away with dice-rolls for the most part, which wasn't much of a problem anyway if you understood the fairly simple mechanics, and alongside it you lost almost all the complexity.

>>339237757
>Archery is way more satisfying in Skyrim though.
Maybe, but nothing else really is.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.