[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think im gonna try to stop being a try hard in vidya All those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
I think im gonna try to stop being a try hard in vidya

All those hours practicing and grinding mechanics

It isnt worth it.

I'd rather learn a language or go hiking

Or at least play a fun single player game or watch a movie

Is this tired gamer syndrome or what?
>>
>>339220303
Holy shit, no one gives a fuck.

You're bad at vidya, stop playing all together.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x338
>>339220481
O-ok anon

Normie life here i come
>>
>>339220761
Im with you Anon. Try going on /tv/, its a good board to fade into and away from /v/.
Also go to /fit/ to motivate you to get healthy
>>
holy shit literally my mom's mechanics
>>
File: 1450907591538.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1450907591538.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>>339220761
>>339221003
>>
>>339221003
I've been using /out/ and /sci/

/tv/ is a terrible board
>>
Giving up dota and csgo was the best decision I ever made. It's just not worth it.
>>
>>339220303
>Is this tired gamer syndrome or what?

depression anon

It's your brain finally realizing that you never really enjoyed video games, you enjoyed being a carefree kid, who happened to game. Now everytime you pick up a game you know, deep down, you'd should really be doing something else.

Except you've wasted so much of your life up to now on games that you are too hesitant, too scared to let go of your digital comfort blanket. You'll swear you will "cut down" but you will either quit cold turkey one day or continue listlessly sitting there achieving nothing of merit

you might even con yourself into thinking you "need to escape" into games, or think you will become a "dev" or shit up vg forums or collect games or something to do something different, but it's all the same.

Learn a skill, go for hikes, cook, garden etc. Drop this if you simply arent enjoying it.
>>
>>339221850
Or he could commit suicide. It's the only way really
>>
>>339222051

Nah id rather here of success stories anon, negative thinking is a big thing with gamers.

I think the edginess and stuff comes from frustration.
>>
>>339221850
Adding my own two cents to this post.
Another reason you, or at least I, didn't want to give up video games is because of the sheer amount of time and money I invested into the hobby. You want to believe all the vidya you played added up to something useful, but it doesn't. You won't become a dev, or a lets players, or a reviewer. You have to accept that and just move and start getting things done in your life.

If we live to 100 years old, that only adds up to 36,525 days. This is your only life. Don't waste it.
>>
>>339220303
It's called becoming an adult. I encourage you to keep up your current way of thinking and have fun with something productive.
>>
>>339222278
It'd be better for everyone if he just killed himself.
>>
File: 1442519808757.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1442519808757.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>339221497
>mfw /tv/ constantly makes fun of /v/ while the entire board is one big meme
>>
>>339221850
I dont think im depressed. i have a gf, studying at graduate school, and making money. Everything is great.

I just feel burnt out on multiplayer games. I have this drive to do well. I want to be the fucking best, but at the same time i realize that they're just games. If i ever got good enough that i could win money playing them, the only people who would admire me are fucking children and manchildren.

And now im just feeling "why bother?" Is that the kind of legacy i want to leave behind?

>grandpa was the very best player in this children's party game!

What can i even do with that? Impress my friends by being good at some shooter or fighting game?

I've been fishing or hiking every day for the past month. It feels good like a weight is off me.
>>
>>339220303
It's the "realizing you are now an adult and while everyone around you kept progressing you regressed into your safe digital shell and the recent realization of it hits you hard" syndrome.

Welcome to the brotherhood, nigga. Go be productive. If I can't get a proper job and reconstruct my social life in the coming years I'll either move out and start anew or kill myself.
>>
>>339222767

Being good at something in real life is a better goal, everyone here will agree with you on that.
>>
>>339222431

No, itd be better for everyone if he just fixed his life. This type of edginess is typical of depression filled gamer forums.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 764x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 764x718
>>339222051
>>339222431
I dont want to die
>>
>>339223286
I'm just telling him the best solution. He's better off dead and he knows it, hence why he made the thread.

>>339223413
Commit suicide my friend, no one will miss you anyway. It's a tried-and-true way of getting rid of your problems.
>>
>>339220303
>can't even git gud at vidya
>want to git gud at anything else
Yeah nah OP, you're fucked
>>
>>339223536
Im pretty good just not money making good

>>339223496
Im just going to read
>>
File: Capture.png (292 KB, 453x429) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
292 KB, 453x429
>>339222051
>>339222431
>>339223496
>>
>>339220303
Dont do things just to impress others. I can imagine that you are instagraming all of your hikings just to get likes.

If you want to sin thousand of hours in a game, just do it. You are still going to die one day like the rest of us so why not just enjoy it while it lasts?
>>
>>339220303

Holy shit no one cares. Go be a normalfag if that's what you want. Play vidya if that's you want. You're going to die either way.
>>
>>339223778
nah i dont have instagram or a camera

It's just serene. Like no cares in the world besides your next step.
>>
>>339223693
I'm not trying to be edgy, I just want to help the guy.
>>
Trying to be gud at some vidya is impossible when you play against neets and teens who don't have to do jack shit all day
>>
>>339220303
Stop playing for a while, anon. Sometimes we get tired of doing one thing for a long time. Stop playing for a couple of months, do other things. Think about your life and the things you want.

I am sure you come back to play again with passion, specially if you found other things to do along with playing vidya.

You don't have to quit playing
>>
File: CNjFqaaVEAAvzQq.png (209 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
CNjFqaaVEAAvzQq.png
209 KB, 600x595
>TFW have psychotic autism
>vidya games are becoming less fun as a result
>will have to go outside and find a job now
Where did it all go wrong
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.