[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>remove durability for weapons/armor completely >add tutorials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: CjLiOhV.png (471 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
CjLiOhV.png
471 KB, 480x600
>remove durability for weapons/armor completely
>add tutorials
>changing the already perfect stamina system
>enemies no longer chase you until they kill you and are easier in general

Are you happy now Soulsbabies? KT adjusted the game to Casual Souls difficulty so you whiny wannabe hardcore faggots would buy their game.
>>
I thought it was coming to pc too? I guess its next year
>>
Blame Japs
>>
>>339210175
>add tutorials
Even Ninja Gaiden Black had tutorials.
>>
>>339210175
>add tutorials
How the fuck is this casual?
>>
The only change I like is removing the durability.

I fucking hate that in games.
>>
Weapon durability needed to go

The rest is a shame. Cookie face wouldn't have let this happen
>>
File: ss+(2015-05-26+at+12.23.37).png (507 KB, 789x674) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-05-26+at+12.23.37).png
507 KB, 789x674
>>339210175
Fucking casuals ruining everything. Just nerf it, don't completely gut it
>>
I'm a Soulsbaby and I hate all those ideas.

None of those things need to be fixed.
>>
I'm glad they changed it. The game was way too hard for me. Maybe now I'll be able to have a better chance.
>>
Is there a way I can play the demo?
I just got a PS4 and the demo is on the store but the option to download isn't there.
>>
>>339210175
nip casuals sudokud it
>>
>Soulscucks got so buttravaged at a new game surpassing all the SoulsBorne games so they made an effort to sabotage it

Truly the worst fanbase of all vidya.
>>
>>339210707
It's too late
>>
The only thing that needed to be changed was making the introduction a little more balanced.

When your game is EASIER as you go on, there's an issue.
>>
>>339210363
REALLY? OMFG YESS! NOW I DON'T NEED A PS4!! WOOO!
>>
>>339210846
the introduction was fine, you just had to learn how to play
???
you know, like a videogame
>>
Wasn't us. US audience was actually way more into it, they're changing it because JPbabbies didn't like it.
>>
>they fucking allowed anyone who couldn't beat the first level to privide feedback. :)

I fucking hate you faggots that suck at videogames for ruining them. You have no discipline, so you complain and complain instead of getting good.

The only people with the mark get DLC to a game that is gimped for those who couldn't. Wonderful.
>>
If they had started you off with actual armor in the beginning instead of useless clothes it would have been fine. Hell, chances are there will be some sort of class system like in Souls and the demo just had everyone starting off as a deprived with no equipment.
>>
>>339210175
It's an annoying system and doesn't add anything of value to the game since you just end up having enough whetstone for your shit. On the other side enemies drop a billion fucking weapons and it only adds more useless inventory management.
>add tutorials
How's that a bad thing? You don't even know if it's not just optional.
>changing the already perfect stamina system
How did they change it?
>enemies no longer chase you until they kill you and are easier in general
They never did in the first place. Especially on level 2 they usually just got stuck in the river and never came out again.
>>
File: 1337650162665.gif (1 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1337650162665.gif
1 MB, 250x187
>>339210363
>PC port of a KT game
>>
>>339210573

Nerfing durability loss is a pointless half-measure. There is no reason to have durability as a mechanic unless you're in actual, concrete danger of losing your weapons mid-fight. Doing it like Souls 3 where your weapons technically can break, but in practice never will because they have so much durability and are automatically fixed whenever you rest - that's bad design.
>>
>>339210175
>defending durability
>defending stamina
Yeah, because that's what I want with my action game, everything-metered resource management as a substitute for well-designed combat
>>
>>339210573
Man I wish it was more like Dark Souls 2, where you were always in danger of losing a weapon and had to keep an offhand one.

That shit was tight. Forced you to really experiment (although the lategame complete fucking lack of titanite chunks kinda fucks over truly experimenting) and keep a varied loadout.
>>
Man, its no wonder people shit on you guys. Such elitism.
Yeah, Dark Souls is challenging, youre such a hard man for playing it, wowzie.
>>
Reasons durability is important:

-disincentivizes spamming attacks
-disincentivizes mindless combat tactics in general
-extra cost for grinding

How is that bad?
inb4 you just want the game to be easier
>>
File: NioH.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>339210573
they shouldn't nerf it

they should make weapons decay even faster. And give you much, much less whetstones and glue since you always had a maxed out inventory

That way, constantly changing weapons and maintaining your best ones for special moments would be an integral part of the gmae

Right now people will just stick to the highest stats at all times and never change or think about it
>>
>>339212032
>Man I wish it was more like Dark Souls 2, where you were always in danger of losing a weapon and had to keep an offhand one.

Only reason Dark 2 was like that was because of the bug that caused hitting corpses to inflict like 40 times more durability loss than they're supposed to.

I still don't know if they fixed that or not.
>>
>>339213131

Problem with that idea is that you'd lose all your weapons in boss fights, and would have to stop fighting the boss and go farm more swords for an hour before you can continue.

Also bosses in Nioh demo had fucking retarded amounts of health and needed a health nerf.
>>
>>339213521
The patched that out pronto, but even so any levels but the starting ones where there's like 10 enemies between bonfires, your durability is going to get stressed.
>>
>>339213131
>having to constantly go into the menu to change weapons

Unless they add a hotkey to swap out weapons, that's an awful idea.
>>
>>339213715
did you forget you have a guardian spirit? fucking activate it and go to town on them
>>
>>339213131
Nah that's shit. Muramasa had a good system but your weapons repaired themselves automically in fight so if you broke your weapon parrying a hit you could still reuse it during the fight. That didn't prevent you from the possibility of breking both your weapons equipped so you had to be careful nonetheless
>>
>>339214139
> loot game
>I Don't want to change gear
>>
>>339213903
>The patched that out pronto

No they didn't, the bug stayed for more than a year at least. The testers at From would repeatedly hack at walls and enemies and everything else in the world except corpses and go "durr I don't see the probrem" when the problem was specifically that hitting corpses of dead enemies would destroy your weapon like nothing else.
>>
>>339210175
>all the non souls shit makes the game good
>make it even more souls

Lords of Fallen 2.0
>>
>>339214284
>loot game

it isn't a loot game though, it's an action game with poorly implemented RPG elements
>>
File: NioH 2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH 2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339213715
I was about to respond to the previous point but then I read
>Also bosses in Nioh demo had fucking retarded amounts of health and needed a health nerf.

God damn. People like you make it worst for everyone else, huh. I hope you didn't give feedback to Koei

If anything bosses were too easily exploitable. You could exhaust them forever. You could also use the time-slow spell and fuck their shit up for free, or use the infinite stamina item and perma-dodge everything.
Please either learn the game's mechanics or just admit you had a hard time because you didn't quite grasp it, and that's ok. Just don't jump to conclusions when you are aware you missed out of basic mechanics. For instance, did you ever use Ki-damaging attacks instead of HP-damaging attacks, to then stun-lock every boss?
Or did you know that if you ki-recover of their white ground it clears the grounds and its bad effects?
Did you ever used any guardian spirit at all, which will remove 40-50% of the boss's HP basically for free at almost no risk?
just curious

>>339214139
yeah, they would have to change more systems to accommodate for this mechanic. The 2 major points the demo was shit at were no tutorial (to avoid people jumping into very wrong conclusions) and shit UI, both visually and usability.
>>
>it's another once its on PC and no longer a PS4 exclusive people will realize it's shit, episode.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460797672646.jpg (12 KB, 474x473) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460797672646.jpg
12 KB, 474x473
>sonycucks are this bad at games
No wonder, they started the whole le prepare to die meme enough to warrant calling the special edition of DkS1 that
>>
>>339215554
> PCfags shifting blame again when it's their fault for the gitgud prepare to die meme shit

Notice something? After the PC launch Dark Souls was nothing but memes. Even stupid shit like giant dad ended up in the games.

Bloodborne? No meme shit except NEVEREVER and that exists just because pcucks got so anal ravaged from a prostate fisting.
>>
File: 1452090810187.png (316 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1452090810187.png
316 KB, 800x600
>>339215783
>Bloodborne
>No memes
Great joke

Also, the "prepare to die" phrase was used for marketing way before the PC version. Heck it was on the box of the original Dark Souls version and it seemed from the Demon's Souls community

Cute attempt tho
>>
File: Yharnam.jpg (3 MB, 2967x4210) Image search: [Google]
Yharnam.jpg
3 MB, 2967x4210
>>339215783
Bloodborne threads are infinitely more comfy than DaS3 threads for a reason.
>>
>>339216065
Shit like artificial difficulty and git gud became memes when DaS came to PC, among other things. They're the reason why the community is so shit.
BB's community is far better (albeit also much smaller) due to its exclusivity.
>>
>>339216065
Still shifting blame again and blaming marketing marketing memes on games that didn't have marketing memes unless it had a PC release.

Unless you're talking about community exclusively and not the fact that Dark Souls is the only part of the "franchise" that has official memes in the games and marketing.
>>
>>339210175
God dammit anon. This fucking demo comes out of fucking nowhere and reignites my moribund excitement at video games. Then fucking casual shitters ruined it. Now once again I'm dead inside. It was a beautiful week, anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160529-040606.png (122 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160529-040606.png
122 KB, 1080x1920
>>339216841
Except that's not true at all and Bloodborne fans spout the git gud meme just as much because it's the same fucking community. See it on threads on this board and outside of this website

Face it you're just looking for consolewar fuel
>>339217189
I don't understand what you're trying to say
>Blaming marketing marketing memes that didn't have marketing memes unless it had a PC release

Try typing again without having a brain hemorrhage
>>
File: survey.jpg (32 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
survey.jpg
32 KB, 600x306
>>339217381
>reminder that glorious USA aren't to blame for this
>>
>>339210175
The only thing I liked was the removal of durability. That just a waste of time
>>
>>339210175
>muh shitty souls knock off isn't what I want it to be
fuck off, KT never puts out good games anymore
>>
>>339216065
>look at my oc
fag.
>>
>>339217875
so it was the japs then? 2 nukes weren't enough
i'm still excited and picking it up but yeah, these changes are a bit of a letdown
>>
>>339211074
Once you had armor and learned Ki pulse enemies never stood a chance.

Moreso if you took up any Ninpo.

Japan is the reason everything is getting simplified and easier though, they whined the loudest.
>>
>>339210363
Maybe. Koei sometimes ports games that are not under contract, so.
>>
>>339218047
>KT never puts out good games anymore

It's Team Ninja, KT is just the publisher.
you're still right though
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.