[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S FINALLY OUT MODS CAN FIX IT AFTER ALL > http:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: fuck off todd.png (40 KB, 454x92) Image search: [Google]
fuck off todd.png
40 KB, 454x92
IT'S FINALLY OUT

MODS CAN FIX IT AFTER ALL

> http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/?
> http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/?
>>
>>339195267
You can still do the main quest, which for some reason is still there with you looking for your lost son. Great.
>>
>>339195267
Alternatively, you can play a game that's not shit, retard.
>>
>>339195659
dont cuss
>>
>>339195267
>thinking that fixes anything

It's more of a convenience mod.
>>
>>339195704
get raped by niggers you fucking cunt
die of AIDS slowly
>>
>>339196070
would rather wait for the mods that let me do that tbqh fampai
>>
>>339196070
dont cuss
>>
>Start life in city
>MC still talks about his/her son anyway

Having the shit plot and voice acting killed it from the get go.
>>
>>339196070
Racism isn't cool or funny. Racism is also banned on all boards except /b/. Enjoy your ban, kid.
>>
>>339196378
Skyrim was praised for letting you play as whatever you want. Now okey, the quests were linear as fuck and boring, but at least it was very free for you to roleplay as whatever and being selective about taking quests or not. I don't know why Bethesda thought it was a good idea to step away from all that in Fallout. Why do they make TES open about your background but in their shitty Fallout iterations, you always have a fucking family issue and a main story about your very personal relationships?
>>
>>339195267
It will still be "muh kid". The only mod that can fix this is total overhaul of the whole game.
>>
>>339196548
I fucking hope you're kidding kiddo
>>
Honestly, just throw out the voiced protagonist bullshit, remove(replace the lines that refer to the kid and you're set.
>>
>>339196070
Whoa, rude.
>>
>>339196826
Yes he is. Don't respond to this shit. It's summer and the underage shitters are in every thread.
>>
>>339196826
dont cuss
>>
They really fucked up with the dialogue system, hopefully they don't pull the same shit with the next Elder Scrolls. You can't even fix it with mods this time.
>>
>>339196548
Pro Tip: No one outside of Niggerwood on /co/ actually gives a shit.
>>
>>339197354
>Skyrim is still played because of mods
>"let's fuck over modders so our shitty shooter has less quests Xdd"
>>
>>339196070

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpigjnKl7nI
>>
>>339196548
/v/ is a longstanding colonial possession of /pol/, as are /int/ and /tv/.
>>
>>339197354
>Completely rewrite the story
>Remove bad dialogue choices
>Find new people to voice responses to better dialogue choices where you can say no to people

Honestly it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
File: pol in public.jpg (48 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
pol in public.jpg
48 KB, 480x640
>>339196548
>Racism is also banned on all boards except /b/
>>
>>339196070
So edgy. I bet you main Reaper.
>>
>>339196957
>replace the lines that refer to the kid
So, like 50% of them?

Honestly, in order to properly fix this game you'd need an army of dedicated modders willing to do a complete fucking overhaul of it. The game was fundamentally designed against being able to do so, consequently meaning you'd have to strip the core game of everything and build it from the ground up.

Call it Fallout 4: Phoenix. What you'd need is:
>no more poignant copout storytelling revolving around "muh son"
>overhaul the entire fucking dialogue system
>make dialogue choices have sensible weight and impact
>increase the dynamic between factions (including the independent settlements such as Diamond City) tenfold
>bring back skills, traits and a fleshed out perk system to add depth to the fucking game
>quests are no longer cookie cutter shit that follows along the lines of go here, kill this, grab this
>make shit like the fight club and the racing track interactable
I'd pay good money to assemble a team of determined modders to make this shit. While FO4 at it's core is shit, it isn't irredeemable shit.
>>
>>339198267
>it isn't irredeemable

m8 what you just suggested would take like 2000 hours of work by a dedicated team that treated it like a job. How the fuck isn't that irredeemable?
>>
>>339197562
>Completely rewrite the story
You don't need to "rewrite" it drastically, just tweak it. Drop the whole "son" aspect, maintain the illusive boogeyman Institute angle, and when you finally do get inside the place, you meet a very charismatic, enigmatic House-type leader. I think that's what Bethesda was trying to do all along but was too incompetent to execute properly. They wanted the Institute leader to be someone of grand significance, but they couldn't portray that without that significance arising from a relation to the player character. That, or for the whole what a tweet factor. You know, they couldn't just made the twist be the Institute actually has utopian ideals and isn't all that bad. They could've made them a chaotic good instead of a lawful evil.
>>
>>339198793
It's hypothetical, nigger. I said an "army of modders" didn't I? A "paid" army, even.

But you're right.
>>
>>339198884
The plot would fall apart even if you weren't related to the bitch kid in charge of the dumbshit Institute.
>>
File: 1437010962782 (1).gif (143 KB, 395x408) Image search: [Google]
1437010962782 (1).gif
143 KB, 395x408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs

I know it's over an hour long, but it's a great video tearing Bethesda a new one.
>>
>>339199102
Not enough people would pay you for your shit mod for you to pay an army.
>>
>>339199829
Apart from arriving at the Institute (which is a very very addressable issue), remind me what else would make it all fall apart.
>>
>>339199947
>some fag talking for an hour and a half about how bad a game is

"It's shit" is sufficient.
>>
>>339199991
>I'd pay good money
>>
>>339200182
Oh, good. You gonna pay a few million to fund an army of modders working on this as a job for months?
>>
>>339199947
>ps4

found the problem
>>
>>339200134
If you want to properly criticize a game you're better off doing it like this. He addresses the strong points but mostly the weak points because that's what the game mostly is. Why am I even explaining this.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.