[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oblivion Thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 188x268
>check the catalog
>no Oblivion thread.

Get in here guys, it's an oblivion thread.

Should I roll a Dunmer, Altmer or a Breton? I'm rolling a new Mage.
>>
Imperial
>>
breton best class

no other class can get to 85 def (max) and almost 90% magic resistance without doing anything particular.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 347x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 347x222
have fun jumping four fucking feet off a rock and dying

I reinstalled it during the lull before Overwatch and wew this game did NOT age well
>>
>>339190409
>when you bust a nut and she keeps on sucking
>>
>>339190409
What?
Acrobatics lets you jump half way to the moon.
>>
>>339190409
still more content and better gameplay than OW for 35$ less
>>
Breton conjurer/healer with basic blade skill, donning a black robe & hood with shock shield/magicka enchantments, trekking through Shivering Isles getting crazier by the day. Man, why can't games this gen be as awesome??
>>
File: kek.jpg (80 KB, 1140x475) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
80 KB, 1140x475
>>339190006
>playing oblivion and not morrowind

HHAHAHAHA
>>
>>339190586
Is shivering isles the greatest DLC of all time?

DLC should be limited to god tier stuff like SI.
>tfw unlocking the new armor sets.
>>
God I love this game. Finished a playthrough a couple days ago and couldn't resist starting a new one immidiately after.

Sneaky archer thief khajiit with a heart of gold is the canon champion of cyrodill. Starting a blunt/conjuration imperial qt serial killer and that's fun af too.
>>
>>339190925
Yes, yes it is. Going to bust out my game disc again tonight after seeing this glorious thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 504x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 504x495
>>339190564
>better gameplay

ok
>>
>>339190956
how do you keep it fresh? I can't refrain from going min/max cunt with abusive custom spells. I always think "ok this time I'll do X run" but then I get to that place where the goblin teaches you sneak and I have to sneak walk + jump a million times in the corner to max sneak and jump.
>>
>>339191146
>muh cherry picked, optional speech minigame

enjoy your repetitive, 4 game mode, 5 map tf2 clone with zero free fanmade maps or content. :)
>>
>>339191154
Just impose your own restrictions and give your character a little backstory that defines his abilities. You may hate having to put your own "RP" into the game, but man it makes it more fun and definitely more challenging.
>>
Daily reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT0UhNukb3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUMbzT1Yvzo
>>
>>339191830
>The finished product looks better than the pre-release footage

What are you trying to prove exactly?
>>
>>339191425
I will! Let me know how feeding conversation pie to the potato people goes for you pal
>>
>>339191830
STOP BEING A JEW
>>
>>339192245
sure looks better without those shadows
>>
>>339192382
I would let you know, but I dont use it, i prefer charm spells and bribing. but by all means try and say that a pvp-only game with a handful of maps has more content than a massive rpg with tons of free mods. /v/ hasnt quite filled its autism quote yet today.
>>
>strongest character in skyrim
>some armored dude throwing various fireballs and can shout at flying lizards

>strongest character in oblivion
>some armored anime babe throwing strange spells and get raped by pretty much anything

>strongest character in morrowind
>god

how are we not talking about morrowind?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
Bethesda's games are probably the reason why gaming can't and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone. Those are the most cancerous, soulless, poorly-written and voiced, clunky, imbalanced and overhyped pieces of shit this joke of an industry has ever had.
I'm not even mad at this point, I've been through this heartbreak over and over again ever since oblivion. Fallout 4 however wounded me too much which is really surprising considering how low my expectations were. Just honestly fuck you Todd Howard
>>
>>339192614
At least you're doing your part. it's telling when a game is so shit it relies on mods to make it playable
>>
File: Dude_Skooma_420_Blazeit_LMAO.jpg (44 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
Dude_Skooma_420_Blazeit_LMAO.jpg
44 KB, 500x499
Oblivion had the dankest memes
>>
>>339191830
I wasn't expecting such a bitch voice from someone who looks so alpha.
>>
>>339193246
>optional, free, not-required mods which merely act to supplement the already staggering amount of gameplay if one chooses to use them are now bad

Holycancer, neo-/v/ is retarded
>>
>>339193379
it's just consolecucks crying over sour grapes

>m-m-m-mm-m-mods d--d-don't c-count!!!!

they're really fuckin pathetic
>>
>>339193379
>staggering amount of gameplay

sure, when your gameplay is no more complex than whacking npcs on the head by brainlessly holding down mb1 for hours.

unless there's a mod that fixes the hammy dialogue, afterthought story, adds more than 3-4 voice actors, makes the combat deeper than a puddle of piss, then you can stop pretending that oblivion is anything but a shallow imitator of an RPG that aged about as well as milk.
>>
>>339191154
Be autistic in a different way. All my characters are underpowered and I fuck up the leveling badly because I don't care about that.

Instead I actually have an overarching narrative following the descendents of one family of khajiits through all the elder scrolls games, then any other characters I make do the quests that don't match my main characters personality. All one continuity. Very autistic. But at least I don't min/max like a homo
>>
>>339190006
Was literally playing it last night. With a few "extra" mods. Best feeling in the world
>>
>>339194014
Because Overwatch's gameplay is more complex than moving your mouse over an enemy and click mb1, right? Get a grip anon, stop making yourself look dumb.
>>
>>339194109
but min/maxing is so fun. Especially in oblivion. You can jump 3 stories and run 80 mph while casting bullshit spells that rape everything. Nothing can stop or seven touch you.
>>
Love Auriel's Ascension.
>>
>>339194235
Actually, yes, but that's besides the point. There is no depth to Oblivion's combat, at all. When your parents first bought you the game in 2006, how log did it take you to figure out you can set the difficulty slider to 0 when the sewer rats raped your face?

Shit combat, and shit rpg elements. The only way you can think oblivion was good is it was your very first rpg you ever played and thus set your standard and never grew out of it.
>>
>>339193130
Oblivion pc becomes a Daedric Prince
>>
>>339194295
Well yea I'm all about running faster than horses and jumping across rooftops. But min/maxing can very easily take the magic out of the game and make the whole thing into numbers so you gotta be careful.
>>
File: 7440873-big2.jpg (18 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
7440873-big2.jpg
18 KB, 195x195
>>339194997
Then don't do it
>>
>>339190925
Yes, it's a fucking incredible DLC. Shit, it's an expansion pack really.
>>
>>339191830
It's impossible to take Todd's face seriously anymore
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.