[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Rise of the Tomb Raider?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 20160528161212_1.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160528161212_1.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on Rise of the Tomb Raider?
>>
Haven't played it but reviews say it's good. If you like that kind of game with climbing and stuff, I'm sure you'd like it. Nice graphics as well.
>>
FUN GAME, i like it more than uncharted
looks pretty and fun but muuuuh sjw writing
>>
>>339180285

I haven't finished, but is she gonna take the BBC?
>>
>>339180341
yes
>>
It doesn't improve on a single thing from 2013, it only fucks up the things they got right in that one
Looks beautiful though, and Lara a qt
>>
>>339180460

They deliberately improved on the tomb like areas.
>>
Its pretty good, bit too much shootan not enough sploran and puzzies
>>
>>339180113
is this the new Dark Souls?
>>
>>339180536

definitely*
>>
>>339180536
yeah i agree with this.
crafting also is pretty good
>>
I tried playing the first one, but that's just not my type of game I guess. It feels like you're doing nothing.
>>
>>339180285
>sjw

I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>339180745
Wanna fix that for me anon?
>>
Enjoyable game, I think if you liked Ass Creed 2 you will like it. I kind of got the feeling that some of the RPG elements were shoehorned in, as there was clearly an optimal strategy for playing the combat parts of the game.
>>
>>339180745
So it's not like the first game?
>>
>>339180113
The're still not enough puzzling but the puzzles are slightly less shit now.

The gameplay overall improved.

Story is meh but less shit than you'd expect. I enjoyed western writers for once showing how the "imma stronk independent gonna do errything by myself" attitude is more of a character flaw than something to worship mindlessly.
>>
File: tryu.jpg (943 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tryu.jpg
943 KB, 1920x1080
>>339180113
Really enjoyed it. Been playing Underworld again.
>>
>>339182367

Underworld was good shit. They should have just translated that level design to the new engine.
>>
I still haven't played it. I really liked TR2013 a lot, but I'm waiting for this to go down to ~$5.00 just like the 2013 one did within a year if its release.
>>
>>339182928
Same. I'd pay $10-15, but not full price.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.