[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Does this game get any better? I just got to Drangleic Castle and I feel like I'm just going through the motions. None of that sense of awe/wonder that I got while playing Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is there, the game just feels really boring in comparison.
>>
Just keep playing and form your own opinion. Or don't. I don't really care.
>>
You're at the last alright part before the game just becomes a drag
>>
>>339169813
The DLC areas in SotFS aren't bad. But yeah, it's all downhill from there.
>>
OP, leave now, before the DS2 fanboys show up
>>
The areas after Drangleic castle are the most boring ones.
You should at least play the DLC areas; those are fantastic.
>>
You're bored because you're playing literally the same game as Demon Souls and Dark Souls
>>
>>339170952
They are only "fantastic" by comparison to the base game, in reality they are just ok, with the same shitty enemy spamming instead of proper placement
>>
Couple of the best bosses are coming up but ya quit it doesn't really matter
>>
>>339171057
except those are good games
>>
>>339171183
This. Especially early on, No Man's Wharf and Iron Keep are basically "the game's getting too easy, better put about 50 enemies in the way to make it seem hard" areas
>>
>>339169813
I went back to play it after beating 3 and I have to say that DaS2 is a piece of shit from beginning to end, even the DLC that gets touted as the best thing since sliced bread is really underwhelming.Though to the games defense it had to be redone more than halfway through development , I guess the guy that they put as a director at first made a fucking mess and someone else had to step in and try to fix the mess.
>>
>>339169813
No. Dark Souls 2 is bad.
>>
PVP is literally the only thing DSII got right and even that was after 100 balancing patches
>>
>>339169813
I can confirm it does not.
>>
Do the DLC, they're the best part of the francise.
>>
>>339171505
No, you're just shit and agroo everyone like a moron.
>>
>>339172181
Day1 DS2 PvP was better than current DS3 and BB PvP.
>>
>>339172181
I for one miss the Vanilla Release days of trying out ridiculous shit in the Belfry.

Especially before Caestus were nerfed back into uselessness. There was no feeling as sweet as powerstancing dual caestus and punching hexfags in the face. Then the meta set in and it all went to shit.

>>339173267
Day 1, yeah. Day 2 went right to hell once people started powerstancing lances and greatsword for infinite combos, or once the quadbuffing invincible metashitters in havels came out. DaS2 had good pvp, but it was full to burst with problems.

Bloodborne's PvP problem is that invading is nearly impossible outside of two areas, both of which can be opted out of by the host by killing a single non-respawning enemy.
DaS3's PvP problem is that Build variety is absolute garbage due to Sorcery, Miracle and Dark Magic builds being objectively worthless. Sorcery is too much investment to be worth it, since you'll be playing a hobbled build until very late game. Offensive Miracles are unanimously garbage, and Dark Magic has like three spells that all fucking suck. The only caster build that's remotely worth the effort is pyromancy.

If more weapons were viable, instead of just fucking straightswords, estoc, katanas and UGS's there might be a PvP community worth interacting with. As it stands it's all Dark Swords, Estocs and Fume UGS. Every game has its metashit, but the metashit in DaS2 was at least wacky and creative. In DaS2 it's just boring.
>>
>>339169813
The thing about these games is that the first one you play will always be the best. I played 2 first and feel the exact same way you feel, just about 1 instead. I could barely finish it once, while SoTFS was fun for over 700 hours.
>>
File: 1464328617738.jpg (54 KB, 440x826) Image search: [Google]
1464328617738.jpg
54 KB, 440x826
>>339173267
Oh yeah dude day 1 pvp so great.

Use up like all 5 of my cracked orbs and then shit out of luck the rest of the game. Got invaded a grand total of 0 times outside of the belfry on my first playthrough.

I really like Dark Souls 2 but it had the worst pvp system of the entire series.
>>
>>339170952
>The areas after Drangleic castle are the most boring ones
I dunno, Shrine of Amana and the Dragon Aerie are pretty cool.
>>
File: 1437768780942.png (371 KB, 426x571) Image search: [Google]
1437768780942.png
371 KB, 426x571
>>339174228
Tell me this is bait.
>>
>>339174091
I don't necessarily agree with that. I played the games in release order, meaning I played and beat Demon's Souls first, and I still think Dark Souls is better. I'd say that the first one you play will probably be the hardest one, since you'll be unfamiliar with the mechanics.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.