[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Free Weekend >Barely any players What went wrong? Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: Announcement_screenshot011.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Announcement_screenshot011.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1080
>Free Weekend
>Barely any players
What went wrong? Also, Vermintide thread.
>>
>>339169791
its pretty cool.
>>
>>339169791
The left 4 dead style of game isnt actually good and left 4 dead just lucked out because it was the first
>>
It's 25 fucking gb and every review mentions how poorly optimized and glitchy it was
I guess nobody wants to waste hours of their bandwidth downloading a shit game
>>
DLC is pretty cool though it feels like it's way too late.
>>
I was gonna play it but 25GB i mean come on
>>
>>339169791
I guess most people who wanted to play it already have. Which wasn't that big of a group.
It was smart of them to try and capitalize on the release of TW, but the games are so different that it being warhammer doesn't matter as much, apparently.
>>
>>339169897
>isnt actually good
Subjective.
>>
i watched a friend play l4d, i tried to play l4d, the community for those games is a cancerous cesspool and you must play x build x way and do the map this way or you just get removed and yelled at
>>
>>339169907
>>339169971
What shithole do you live in where you can't download 25GB in an hour or two?
>>
>>339169791
>What went wrong?
My experience;
>jump in game
>try level 1
>can't do it
>try another 4 times
>can't do it
>try multiplayer level 1
>bunch of idiots literally try to speedrun the whole level
>still at the little tower at the start of the map after a rat zerg
>3 players are already running around the streets in front
>get jumped on by some mini-boss
>stabbed to death
>waiting to be revived by team mates
>they are literally so far infront they don't even know i'm down
>ALT+F4 the game
>try single player again
>easy mode is literally too hard to complete
>still don't know what the game is like past the boss where you blow through the gate with 3 barrels of TNT because i die there every time i got there

Shit game to be honest. I mean it's not like I'm shit at games or anything, it's just boring to me at this point, and the A.I. are dogshit. I mean, you can be lying there bleeding out at the side of someone and they just tard out and get attacked themselves and then walk away with some rat on their shoulders.

I regret buying it to be honest. Though I may download a trainer at one point to give me invincibility to fix the stupid difficulty.
>>
>>339169897
I dunno, man, I'm having a blast chopping through hordes of skaven with my witch hunter and his 2 handed sword.
>>
The game runs like shit.

Also, chances are the people who would try this on free weekend probably can't run it because of the poor optimization.

This shit ain't gonna put out numbers if it ain't gonna run on that acer laptop from 2007.

Also, it's mid day dude.
>>
>>339170167
For like 10 hours.

Its not sustainable for a multiplayer only game
>>
Glitchy bugfest that never seems to get fixed
The loot system is pure garbage
Maps are too short
Most of the weapons feel too samey
No custom maps
>no good loot unless you play on Cataclym difficulty and severely gimp yourself with books which then makes it way too hard and tedious to pub
>>
>>339170149
>it's not like I'm shit at games or anything
>Can't even finish the tutorial level on easy
Yeah, sure, buddy. You just need to get better.
>>
>>339170080

I haven't experienced any of that on nightmare in vermintide. People never type or talk. Not sure how it is on cataclysm.
>>
>>339170352
I'm having fun playing with friends. Never had to play with pubs.
>>
>>339170394
You're talking to someone who is able to play Quake 3 and other fast FPS games, it's just that the shit A.I. means I'm not able to survive for very long. What do they expect me to do against a wave of 50 enemies rushing at me while some boss charges at me?

Also, ammo is too difficult to come by, especially when you can rapid fire arrows but it takes 10 to kill a trash enemy, and you can only carry like 70 in total. I seem to only find ammo every 10 minutes, maybe twice in total in the first level.

The difficulty is too high, not because I'm bad at playing games, but because it's designed poorly.
>>
File: 1461609680630.jpg (7 KB, 300x179) Image search: [Google]
1461609680630.jpg
7 KB, 300x179
>>339170149
I've never finished the Black Powder level. Not even on easy. Literally every game is my team standing still and getting mowed down by Gunners and Gutter Runners while I go off after the barrels, which then explode in my hands just as I'm about to reach the boat. Had that happen four fucking times in a row.
>>
>>339170658
I'm glad to see it's not just me.

I like this setting more than L4D, but L4D plays better, it has better A.I. and weapons.
>>
>>339170149
You're literally just bad. You should be able to complete it solo on hard even with bots, they are great meat shields. If you move too slow, you're more likely to run into more hoards. I started yesterday as well. You literally don't need to kill every skraven you see. Learned that the hard way.

>Play horn of magnus on nightmare once I finished Act 1
>Team is hiding from an "armored patrol"
>I don't understand why the fuck we're just sitting in the room
>Attack and 8 fucking armored skravens push our shit in
>Live anyways

Anyways, game isn't bad but I'm not buying unless it goes down to at least $10.
>>
>>339170751
It's really painful to me because I genuinely love the Warhammer Fantasy Battle universe and tabletop, but there's no good vidya of it. Every time someone makes a game of it, it's always in the hands of a mediocre company who churns out a game with poor gameplay. At least there's a lot of attention to detail in this game, which is nice, but that only makes me sadder.
>>
>>339170860
No, you're just trying to compete against me with your over-inflated ego. I'm not bad at games. The game's difficulty is fucked. I vaguely remember going to /vg/ shortly after release and seeing similar complaints.

Sorry, looks like you aren't a special snowflake.
>>
>>339170923
I prefer 40K more, at least there's plenty of those games. I thought people were quite pleased with the release of the latest Total War, haven't you tried it? I tend to lose interest in those games quickly so I didn't gamble on it, but from what I've seen it looks OK.
>>
>>339169791
Poorly optimized.

Also you honestly need 4 players and my other friends I usually play these co-op games with are pussy whipped and can basically never play games anymore because of their GF's or wives.
So I've stopped buying co-op games since I have no one to play them with anymore.
>>
Anyone got that one comic? The one where the Waywatcher bails out. I saw it a while ago but didn't save it.
>>
>>339169791
>It's only on PC
I would play the fuck out of this if it were on ps4.
>>
First person melee doesn't work well, especially when you're being surrounded and your teammates often tend to not keep an eye on your back. Not to mention the weapons are all extremely boring. The mage is the only interesting class.

The game is just nauseating to play, overall. I had fun when it first came out, but its easy to see why the game is dead.
>>
>>339170941
No, you haven't learned the game mechanic properly and now you're bitching because you think the game is hard lmao. This game doesn't even come close to the difficulty of quake 3 or quake live either. Either way, you're the one that wasted $17 on a game that you'll never play again because of the "learning curve" lmao.
>>
>>339171074
I've vowed to never drop a single cent again on CA games after Empire and Rome 2 and I haven't heard amazing things about it so I decided not to bother.
>>
>>339171275
>the game mechanic
Lol.
>>
>>339171456
You're the one left clicking with arrows m8
>>
>>339170627
I don't know, man, I suck at Quake, but I never had any problems with ammo and special skaven on easy. Basically, don't get surrounded, block and push more, keep your ammo for the rattling gunner, the globadiers and headshotting the stormvermin. On easy, with Kerilian, it should be one arrow and one kill on the weaklings and 2 arrows to kill the normal skaven. Apparently, dodging is useful.

>>339170658
There's 2 things you need to know about barrels.
1 - You can push while carrying them, which will stun a single skaven so that you can run past him.
2 - If you see 2 or more skaven coming at you, throw that fucking barrel away and fight. Don't fight near the barrel. Pick up again when coast is clear.
>>
>>339169791
Can't play it when the fps is so shit even on low settings, shit optimization,
>>
>>339171549
I've been doing both of these things, but it doesn't help that after I'm done I turn around and see my entire team at half health without healing items and an Ogre just spawned. Special spawn rate on that bit seems fucked up in general.
>>
File: file.png (129 KB, 784x257) Image search: [Google]
file.png
129 KB, 784x257
>>339170107
>in an hour or two
>>
File: 1453898016088.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453898016088.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>25gb for something im going to play for 40 minutes tops before being frustrated with randoms

Yeah, no.
>>
>>339171673
>Special spawn rate on that bit seems fucked up
I agree that it seems inconsistent. Having an ogre and 2 rattling gunners isn't easy. As fir success, it depends on how tight you are with your team and if you are playing with friends. With one of my friends, we can do hardcore with a sucess rate of more or less 60%. with another one who jumped on the free weekend, we got wiped 2/3rds of the time on normal.
>>
>bitching about "people"
>finished the first 3 levels with lvl 0-1 random people just fine

I think YOU are the problem here
>>
>>339170627

>shooting the trash

That might be part of the problem
I think ranged weapons are for specials & ogres
Melee clears the rank and file skum just fine
Also, never take bodyshots with a ranged weapon, or certain melee weapons
Bodyshots do fuck all
>>
>>339170658
Just finished it today for the first time with my bros after failing every other time I tried, I was so pumped.
>>
>>339169907
My toaster runs it. My friend, we co-op, has an even worse toaster that runs it.

We're taking a break till they introduce quests.

Does the free weekend include the dlc? That may explain the difficult match making.
>>
>>339172837
No it does not. The only thing difficult is finding enough people to play.
>>
>>339170149
>>easy mode is literally too hard to complete
Get
Fucking
Gud
>>
>>339169897
This essentially. There's been too many horde shooters.
>>
Its fun as fuck, just too hard to run. I could get a solid 10fps on bare minimum settings.
>>
>>339169907
>how poorly optimized and glitchy it was
I dunno, seems to run pretty well.
Even with everything maxed out but a few effects (Depth of field, motion blur) turned off at 1440p it runs pretty well on my 280x.
>>
>>339169791

They tried to cash in on the Warhammer hype that Total War created on the weekend that it came out? Are they retarded?
>>
>>339169791
I wanted to get into it, but I just didn't have much fun with the game. But I do want to keep trying.

So, while I'm posting, does anyone have advice for taking on the huge rat guys? I feel like I can handle a tank in Left 4 Dead, but that's because it's simple to run away and shoot at it. This rat thing is fast, and I'm really not sure how to dodge it or what's the best way to take it out.
>>
>>339175486
Learn to block.
>>
it took them forever to fix major bugs and the community is so shit. Also the RNG ruined the progression, beating stages on cata feels so unrewarding
>>
>>339170149
Holy fuck you are bad at this game LAMO
>>
File: WitchHunter.png (3 MB, 1233x1800) Image search: [Google]
WitchHunter.png
3 MB, 1233x1800
I hope Deathwing doesn't die as fast. Also who witch hunter here?
>>
>>339177147
I love his trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPeENIDvbkE
>>
>>339169791
I think it's pretty awesome, needs way more content though.
>>
>>339170149
learn to fucking play videogames
>>
>>339178908
They already have some dlc maps and I think they promised more characters.
>>
I'm having a blast and never lost a game yet, I'm playing on hard since FF will be retarded on this game
>>
>>339169791
It's quite fun. The combat is solid for the most part and I like the loot system. Maybe I'll even buy it, though I never stick to games like this much.
>>
>>339179340
There are some awful players. Funny thing, I tried and failed one map on Normal difficulty multiple times with randoms, then went in solo with bots and cleared it without any issues...
>>
too grindy.

Its like early payday 2 tier.
>>
What new characters would you want to see?
>>
>>339179340
FF's only on ranged weapons so its not too bad. Nightmare's probably the best difficulty level loot and balance-wise.

Like 80% of the weapons are useless on cataclysm.
>>
>kinda like it
>the game is just 3€ on plati
Why fuck retarded steam had to region lock the games
>>
>>339181606
Are we being plausible or full retard?

If the former maybe some sort of bretonnian knight. If we're going with the latter, a lizardman.
>>
I know is a melee game but every fucking character feels the same
>>
>>339169791
Download is too big to bother just for a day or two of play
>>
>>339170048
Yes. Very subjective. And yet, paradoxically, very visible, since the numbers don't lie.
This format of game does not attract a lot of players, and even the ones that it does attract, get bored very quick.
>>
>>339181606
I wish they had the balls of adding a mounted bretonnian knight.
>>
I downloaded 3+ hours only to play it like for 1 hour. What a waste of time...
>>
The game would be better if it has more maps and characters, and it needs more content to keep it fresh since the game is a terrible grind fest.

You need to beat higher difficulty, even carry some tomes which will reduce the HP of the team, to roll better gear after completing a mission. It sounds nice as it is, but you can't do it if you don't have a team that knows what they are doing, it requires good communication as well, which is kind of rare in any games.
>>
>>339185140
>did something that didn't take any active time
>whine about it
>>
File: 1401355168153.png (93 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1401355168153.png
93 KB, 300x225
>>339169791
no full controller support killed the game on PC, its 2016 people.
>>
>>339169791
>Terrible optimization
>No content

That's literally it. The game will spike back up again if/when they add substantial content that isn't "lel 10 dollar maps".
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.