[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>enemies have different attack patterns, switching from melee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 1438x1080
>enemies have different attack patterns, switching from melee to ranged on the fly and also can do some acrobatic stuff
>levels are chock full of secrets and every room has an item that makes you look around for ways of access
>great creature design
>foreboding alien world
>interesting weapons
>bossfights and unique setpieces
>focus on TECHNOLOGY
>game has a menu you call by pressing a key where you can change song currently playing and even browse the disk for your own stuff
>9 different HUDs by default
>fast

Why has FPS devolved so much?
>>
File: 1427345063147.jpg (4 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1427345063147.jpg
4 KB, 252x252
>>339165228

>Why has _____ devolved so much?

Because, like many other industries, the videogame industry has turned into a business. People aren't passionate about the games they make anymore, and when they are they don't know what they're doing and the game turns out shit anyways. Have you been living under a rock?
>>
File: 27694569-512-k510675.jpg (41 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
27694569-512-k510675.jpg
41 KB, 512x800
>>339165228
>>339165495
>>
>>339165228
This sounds like nostalgiafag whining to me. Play DOOM and try to tell me the genre hasn't advanced.
>>
>>339165612
nu Doom? It has far less TECHNOLOGY than Doom 3 so it's an objective fact that the genre hasn't advanced. In fact I am certain you're either a shill or a retard.
>>
>>339165603

You think i'm wrong? Open your eyes man. Look at Overwatch for example, every single thing in that game is meant to appeal to the masses and SELL.

>Gender dimorphism-defying pink-haired dyke
>Blatantly forced diverse cast, ranging from egyptian to japanese.
>Bandwagon pseudo-cartoony stylized graphics
>"Loot boxes" with random cosmetic drops
>Shoehorned into e-sports, there are already pro teams for the game
>Characters with literal aimbot so console players don't feel bad

It's a fucking joke man.
>>
>>339165990
>wahhh muh diversity characters are so bad ;.;

>>Characters with literal aimbot so console players don't feel bad
Literal one character and thats his ultimate which cant be used often
>>
>>339165990
You're criticizing it from the wrong standpoint. The only objective way to approach a video game is to look at it from technological aspects and it's clear that Overwatch fails at everything.

I mean, you can criticize Blizzard and Valve from the way their 'games' are just gambling schemes aimed at the vulnerable (children and spergs) but this is the better way.
>>
>>339165871
Doom is way more advanced and in-depth than Doom 3. It has multi-tiered progression systems and lots of unlockable upgrades.
>>
>>339166436
How is that in any way "progression", that is just a design choice - to lock away content to simulate depth and to break the pacing with mandatory arena sections.

What is measurable however is the AI, lighting, physics, sound design, all areas in which a shitty game like Doom 3 looks good as compared to what Zenimax shills here.

nu Doom is so technologically backwards they needed to smash every single mirror lol
>>
consoles
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.