[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for another Monitor Vs HDTV thread. desktop vs couch post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg (21 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg
21 KB, 636x358
Time for another Monitor Vs HDTV thread.
desktop vs couch
post cons and pros
>>
>>339164612
Monitors are now all the equivalent of "base-boosted", except for gaming.
TV are now all the equivalent of "sennheiser-veil", except for Netflix.

Nobody wants to make Plasma displays anymore.
>>
>>339165509

Plasma its great for gaming, shame the burn in issuis and the lack of 4:4:4 chroma.
>>
I swear 90% of threads on this board are actually made by one person with the same generic bait style. Bro you and most other people don't care about this topic and it was discussed like 3 days ago go find validation somewhere else anonymous replies on an image board don't mean shit
>>
>>339165869
>poor power efficiency
>burn-ins
kys
>>
>>339165869
Newer plasmas don't burn in. I got one from Samsung a few years ago, the only one I could find. That refresh rate though.
>>
Why aren't most monitors 4:3 anymore :`(
>>
>>339164612
What's to discuss? TVs have slower response times and don't naturally support anything above 60hz unless they utilize Displayport or DVI. The big benefit is their size to cost ratio. Monitors literally do everything better at a higher price and a comparatively lower cost to size ratio that becomes exponentially wider at larger sizes.
>>
>>339166186
newer displays tvs have native high refresh time, 120/240hz specially the HDMI 2.0 sets.
>>
>>339166118
maybe burn in not but the still has some retention issuis, the hud ghost in some games can be very annoying,
>>
>>339166495
Didn't know about that. From the bit of digigng I've done it seems to only be for select 4K displays, which puts them further up the cost to size ration list. Personally I don't worry with it, since 60 is perfectly fine for me.
>>
l think its all about size.

monitor is small but you have everything right in front your face.

tvs you hace to sit far awasy bu you can use comfy couchs.

sometimes i miss the big feeling.
>>
>>339166123
>Why aren't most monitors 4:3 anymore :`(
Why would they be? Whats the advantage of a 4:3 monitor?
>>
>>339164612
>time for another

You're the only one who makes these. Fuck off and take your shitty thread to /g/ where it will get 2 replies telling you to fuck off and stop asking to be spoonfed.
>>
>>339165869
I have a Panasonic Viera years ago and the colors and contrast are fucking AMAZING. Burn issues do suck though.
>>
TV for Wii U
PS4/PC Monitor.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.