[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK, I don't want to start a fanboy war. I really don't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg (35 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg
35 KB, 900x506
OK, I don't want to start a fanboy war. I really don't.

I am going to make the move to one of the new consoles. But which one?

Does someone have a list of games that are available on both systems so I can see what I can expect on both.

Also, discussion of the pros and cons of each system please.

No fanboy hate please. Just fact based opinions.
>>
>>339163742
Wait until E3. There's not a whole lot that warrants either system right now.
>>
>>339163742
Ps4, dont be a retard and go for the weaker system
>>
>>339163742
I like Xbox one more because of the games are more fun imo. However, if you want power wait until scorpio/neo comes out.
>>
>>339164057

Gonna have to back this guy up. All they have is re-treads of old games at really high prices, and mediocre shooters/platformers/weeb trash. I'd keep a PC handy and just ignore consoles altogether.
>>
>>339163742
PS4.

I'd wait till e3 though at the very least. Most people choose consoles on brand loyalty and interest in their games. Do you have neither? If so, why are you wanting to get either console? Wait until something piques your interest so you don't have any buyers remorse.
>>
>>339164264
I know this is bait, but whatever.

There is no significant difference in graphics/performance between the two. It alway is and always will be about the exclusives nd /or services each console provides.
>>
File: 1463068640311.jpg (3 MB, 1876x2118) Image search: [Google]
1463068640311.jpg
3 MB, 1876x2118
>>339163742
If you already have a pc get an xb1 otherwise a pc is so worth the investment
>>
>>339163742
Either get a PC a WiiU or a PS4.

Literally 0 reason to get xbox1
>>
ps4 is getting new games. xbone's games are going to PC
>>
>>339163742
Own both honestly hardly touch the Xbone. Ps4 from the get go had a nor user friendly interface and seemingly fewer network issues since launch. Xbone has made improvements but I still favor the playstation.

This is coming from someone who used to be an Xbox fan boy. Also 343 industries can suck a fat one.
>>
Was gonna make almost the same thread. I'm nintoddler/pcfat already, but I wanted to get a ps4 or bone for some of the stuff I'm missing. Most of ps4s exclusives don't interest me, but my gf wants it for all the weeb shit. On the other hand the only bone game that interests me is scalebound. Is No Mans Vaporware exclusive?
>>
>>339165224
>Having a PC
>Buying an Xbox
???
>>
I only own the PS4, but I own an Xbone controller for PC and it is far and away the best controller I've ever used. I kinda hate the DS4.

That said, the library of each console is virtually identical except most games run better on the PS4.
>>
Neither.

Wait for the PS4K and Xbox OnePointFive to be released and decide then.

And then get a PS4K anyway because that has the games.
>>
>>339165730
Too many sony shitposters. Don't want another.
>>
>>339164057
This.

I got a PS4 and I'd recommend it over an Xbone, but right now I'd wait for E3 before buying anything, especially with the rumors of new versions of both consoles being announced.
>>
>>339164057
This, OP
It's just a few weeks away, it'd be stupid to buy a console without knowing what's coming up, especially with this PS4k and Xbox 1.5 nonsense.
>>
File: 31r+oIC2diL.jpg (13 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
31r+oIC2diL.jpg
13 KB, 500x281
>>339165748
No joke, I loved the DS4 right up until I bought an Xbone controller to replace an old 360 controller last week. I know the first generation of the Xbone controller had absolutely awful bumpers, but I got one of the new ones and this thing is just so damned good. My DS4 feels so mushy in comparison and I didn't expect that at all.
>>
Now is literally the worst time to buy a console since there are almost no good games for either and the upgraded consoles will be coming in the near future.

Also
>paying to play online
>>
>>339165073
Xbox games typically run at.worse resolution and have downgraded aa and some other options. Look at dark souls 3 comparisons from digital foundry
>>
>>339166110
Why buy a Bluetooth USB stick for a Xbone constoller if you can simply plug it in with a phone charger? It'll save you battery money
>>
Xbox has a better controller and better splitscreen games. It's also cheaper and easier to hack for pirated games, at least here.
Which is, imo, the only reason to ever own a console
>>
>>339166327
So I can play from the couch, mostly. I use it wired when I'm at the desk.
>>
>>339163742
You should wait until the new upgraded consoles are released. But, If you can't fucking wait a few months, I would go for the PS4. I've pretty much had nothing but problems with my xbox one, games crash all the time, controller stops working, etc. Plus multiplats usually work better on PS4.
>>
Wait for E3 and buy an xbone after
>>
>>339166327
Not sure what the prices are in the US, but it was only 10 bucks more with the wireless adapter on Canadian amazon.

Worth it, I think, for it to be wireless.
>>
Like everyone else in the thread is saying, Sony's games are massively lackluster, and if you really dont want a PC, Wait for Scorpio
>>
>>339164335
Bumping thread before i write a big reply
>>
>>339164057
Yeah, I guess I will wait for E3 and see what is coming.

>>339164285
I don't play as many games, so I'd probably go for a Slim/older version, rather than go for a 4K/VR one for now.

>>339164335
That does annoy me that some of the biggest games are just remastered ones. That's why I asked for a list of games on each, because I don't know enough that really warrants me to get one of the new consoles.

>>339165006
I have a PS3. Always been a Sony fanboy, but this time round I want to make a rational decision. Are controllers from the PS3 usable on the PS4?

>>339165073
True. Graphical differences make little difference when actually playing the game. Staring at screenshots for small differences is pointless.

>>339165568
List of games on each system?

>>339165748
Standard Xbox controller or the Elite one?

>>339165795
I don't play enough to justify the top end ones. I'd rather pick up a cheap Xbone/PS4 rather than pay a lot for PS4K/Xbox1.5

>>339166331
I didn't realise either console had been hacked? Info on this?
Also, tell me more about the splitscreen games? That'd be a good thing to have. I don't have a load of online friends to play against, but local co-op would be great.

>>339168004
I already have a PC. But a console will last me longer, whereas my 7970 will start to feel long in the tooth in a year or two.
>>
>>339170520
>pirating for consoles
I don't own one myself, but some of my friends do. I don't know how it works elsewhere, but here you just send your console to certain "companies" and they install certain software or add chips that allow it to play pirated games. Or you just buy one already unlocked. Google it
But you can't play online if you do it. As far as I've understand, the unlocking makes your console noticeably faster. If you login and play multiplayer, then the servers will detect it and instaban you.
>splitscreen
Any kind of shooters, racing, fighting or sports games are great to play if they have splitscreen. As far as exclusives go, I loved Motostorm on PS. But Halo and Gears of War are fun to fuck around with on Xbox, even if I'm not a fan of such shooters.
Some splitscreens I loved playing
>CoD, be it multiplayer or the spec ops missions
>Army of Two
>Motostorm
>hockey games
>FIFA
>LEGO games
Please note that here consoles are almost exclusively used for either fucking around in splitscreen campaigns, or playing splitscreen multiplayer when partying. So if you actually plan for consoles to be your main gaming thing, listen to other anons who actually know this stuff
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.