[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were the best PS3 exclusives? I have inherited an old PS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Ps3_2dc209_430896.jpg (82 KB, 722x616) Image search: [Google]
Ps3_2dc209_430896.jpg
82 KB, 722x616
What were the best PS3 exclusives? I have inherited an old PS3 and hooked it up to my computer monitor. So far on my list are:

- RDR
- ICO / Shadow of the Collosus
- Journey
- Ni no kuni
- Uncharted 2 & 3

I have already played TLOU. It felt weird as fuck going and buying a physical copy of a game as I have not done that in years and years.
>>
>>339150204

Install cfw. Enjoy pirating everything.

Hell the PS2 emulator is ok these days too.

-Catherine
-Demons Souls
>>
>>339150204
The Last Guardian - oh wait
>>
>>339150204
Demon's Soul
Folklore
LittleBigPlanet
All Resistance Games
Ace Combat Infinity
Katamari Forever
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Eternal Sonata
Dragon's Crown
Yakuza 3, 4, 5
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
>>
I'd also like to know the console exclusives from the PS3 generation that are worth playing - I only have PC.
>>
Puppeteer
Nier
Ratchet and Clank: CiT
Kingdom Hearts Remixes
>>
>>339150580
Drakengard 3
>>
Do you have a 360? This is important.
>>
>>339150780
No, I should have said from the outset that I have been PC only up until now.
>>
>>339150851
Since you don't have a Xbox, will games only on PS3 and Xbox 360 be fine?
>>
>>339150910
Would really appreciate a recommendation for anything that can be played on a PS3 that cannot also be played on a PC.
>>
>>339151096
Resonance of Fate
Ridge Racer 7
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Record of Agarest War
OneeChanbara Z ~ Kagura ~ With NoNoNo!
NieR
>>
Must-plays
> Demons Souls
> MGS legacy collection
> Shadow of the Colosuss/ICO
> Uncharted 1-3 (if you're going to play 2/3, play 1 it's short and important storywise even if it's dated)
> Vanquish
> Bayonetta (Xbox or Wii U version proffered, but with updates and HDD install it's passable)
> God of War franchise (you can get both ps2 and both PSP games HD versions in a single pack, then 3 and ascension separately)
> Killzone 2 (and 3, I guess)
> Resistance trilogy (especially 1&3)
> Jak and Daxter trilogy
> Sly Cooper trilogy + Thieves in Time
> All the proper Ratchet and Clank games (HD trilogy, Tools of Deseuction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time, Into the Nexus)
> Infamous 1&2
> Red Dead Redemtion

There's probably more I'm forgetting.
>>
>Ratchet and Clank
The trilogy emulates like shit despite being on PS2. There are a couple graphical glitches but on the whole performs better than the PS2 versions. Also check out Crack in Time and some of the other PS3 entries.

>Armored Core
Mech combat games. PS2 prequels were better, but For Answer is pretty good. Verdict Day is focused on online.

>Dragon's Crown (also on Vita)
A beat em up ARPG with really excellent spritework and plenty of longevity.

>Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (not yet out, also on Vita, PS4)
Like Dragon's Crown. A remake of the PS2 game with revamped gameplay, more like Muramasa on Wii/Vita. Demo should be available.

>Guilty Gear Xrd
Fighting game with a unique cel shaded visual style that resembles 2D animation. The bigger brother of Blazblue. SIGN is out on console and PC but the updated version REVELATOR seems to be PS3/4 only.
>>
>Bayonetta (Xbox or Wii U version proffered, but with updates and HDD install it's passable)

Oh man I didn't know this was on PS3 and got my hopes up until reading about how it was a shitty port.
>>
>>339152005
It's ok on PS3, that's where I played it.

Obviously get the other versions if you can, but don't miss out on a great game because you're worried about a shitty port.

It was given a huge patch and now allows for a partial HDD install to ease loading. It mostly runs at a decent framerate, I only noticed "oh this is shit" in one section and it wasn't even a combat are.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.