[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ZERUDA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11
File: 87.jpg (221 KB, 1583x752) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
221 KB, 1583x752
This is going to be the 3D Zelda we always wanted.

Wind Waker
>hurr, it's so empty, there is nothing and so few dungeons
Zelda NX has trees, rocks, mountains, caves, hidden stuff everywhere. And definitely more dungeons than WW.

Twilight Princess
>hurr, the overworld is just tiny zones connected by corridors with loading screens and the wolf is not fun
Zelda NX will have an actually open world and no wolf.

Skyward Sword
>hurr, the entire world is just one big dungeon with obstacles slowing you down everywhere and motion controls are not fun
See above.

A Link Between Worlds
>hurr, this is perfect and what we always wanted but it's too rehashed and the trading system is dumb
Zelda NX will be completely new and there probably won't be the same trading system.

It will be the best action adventure ever, easily even.
>>
I like how you make fun of yourself with the hurr's
>>
>>339139520

They've said about this game it's going to be "open world"

...but surely Zelda has always been open world? In OoT you could walk around anywhere in the world whenever you wanted (pretty much), it's not mission based is it?

So I really have no fucking idea what they mean. I guess they mean no loading times between areas? So what. Does that mean that GTA III wasn't an open world game just because it loaded when you crossed islands?
>>
>the wolf is not fun
>he didn't constantly make wolf link sprint so that he could hear Midna moan and gasp
You sound like a faggot or something.
>>
Sorry anon but nintendo is a shadow of their former self and rehashed fan favorites won't be enough to turn the tide.
>>
>>339139660
Open world like Skyrim or GTA or WoW. No transition zones for the most part.
>>
careful you're pull a muscle shilling that hard

I'm looking forward to it too. I hope they've ironed out all the bugs that inevitably pop up in an "open-world" game.
>>
>>339139520

>Still posting this bullshot
>>
You know the second half of the game is going to be FETCH ME OWLS/TRIFORCES/TADTONES like the second half of every Aonuma Zelda game right?
>>
>>339139520
Im not falling for this shit again. I liked zelda a lot it was my favorite game but the developers kept dissappointing us. Most zelda fans have grown up why didn't they make 18+ game with blood and gore and real monsters. I gave up a long time ago I'll never play another zelda again
>>
>>339139739
But all their strong IPs are still strong? ALBW was great, 3D World was great, MK8 was great, Smash 4 was at least much better than Brawl, Tropical Freeze was stunning, Xenoblade was stunning, Pikmin 3 was the best Pikmin etc.
>>
>>339139989
They literally played the game in front of a camera

>>339140178
I disagree desu, I like that Zelda stayed kind of "childish" or at least not R18, that's just what those games are meant to be like. If you want a grown up Zelda, play Darksiders II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gdctygGzCo
This video is so painfully true, how did no one play this game
>>
File: ZELDA 2017.gif (3 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
ZELDA 2017.gif
3 MB, 420x236
>>339139989
Honestly, to me it looks much better now. The lighting in this "bullshot" looks like shit, way too sterile and garish.
>>
File: 1463098204226.jpg (158 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1463098204226.jpg
158 KB, 800x900
>>339140178
>Most zelda fans have grown up why didn't they make 18+ game with blood and gore and real monsters.
>retards like this post on /v/ now
>this is what this board has become
>>
>>339140178
>real monsters
God, I hope this is b8.
>>
>>339139894
I would still call old Zeldas open world though, because it's a free roaming game, not mission based, and the areas are still very large, eg all of Hyrule Field and Termina Field. As I said, GTA III had loading times between the islands, and so did Vice City, but they were still open world games

It makes it sound like they're changing the whole nature of the gameplay but they're not at all, they're just changing the way the game loads
>>
>>339140524
I don't want to play darksiders 2. Link was my hero when I was now he's just a faggot. The zelda fans all grew up so let the games grow up too or at least make 2 diffrent games. Play as young link and you get the kiddy puzzles and the bosses who take 2 hearts damage per attack. And let adult link fight with real armies and bloody monsters and shit.
>>
>>339140178
>zelda fans
>grown up
>>
>>339140721
It isnt b8 how about you come up with an argument instead of spouting shit. Real monsters as in not kiddie bokoblins that should be in cartoons
>>
>>339140802
This is just the worst fucking idea I've read on here in a long time, which is commendable considering where we are. This better be bait.
>>
>>339140954
How is it the worst idea? Then you satisfy both sides
>>
I just realized something. /v/ runs on a formula in terms of quality<-->quantity. If there's a lot of quality, /v/ will whine on how little there is. If there's a good chunk of content, /v/ will complain how shit the quality is.
>>
>>339141129
/v/ just doesn't like popular things.
In terms of VN's though, it goes like this...
If it's translated, it's babies first VN. Period.
>>
>>339139520

Whoever shits on Skyward Sword with the motion complaint needs to be gassed

It is a bunch of problems but the motion controls aren't one of them, they work absolutely fine
>>
>>339140753
It's not really open world. It's just an adventure game.

And there is a massive difference between loading screen or not.

Enemies cannot follow you through loading screens. You cant jump over a mountain with loading screen and invisible walls like Ocarina has.
>>
>>339141338
It's pretty well established by now that Skyward Sword got Dungeons & controls right.

I'm not sad to see motion controls go, but SS's controls were completely fine.
Just assume that the people who do bitch about controls are fat cunts who can barely move their arms/wrists for over 5 minutes before getting out of breath.
>>
>>339141129
Quality is ALWAYS more important than quantity
>>
>>339140802
>young link
>the bosses who take 2 hearts damage per attack
Lol, I wish.
>>
>>339140952
>he posts it again
>>
>>339140802
Can you please stop mingling two completely different topics? So you want higher difficulty. Yeah, we all want that. You want blood, gore and le mature Link? Go fuck yourself, honestly. You are probably 17.
>>
>>339141795
Depend. For a family of 4, one great bowl of soup is less important than 4 bowls of okay soup.
>>
File: 89809.jpg (115 KB, 800x695) Image search: [Google]
89809.jpg
115 KB, 800x695
>>339141574
>got dungeons rigth
No. Think about both those fire dungeons, for example, they were absolutely disgusting. The first dungeon is literally just one corridor.

And basically none of the dungeons even has multiple floors that's how linear they are.

Of course the games tries to compensate for that by making the entire world a dungeon stuffed with shitty puzzles. But that doesn't make it bette.r That's a horrible idea. We want a somewhat natural looking world in Zelda not just a dungeon crawler.

>Nintendo once before SS said they're planning to make dungeons blend better witht he overworld
>tfw we all thought they mean they'll make dungeons more organic and open
>instead they made the entire world corridors and puzzle chambers

Kek.
>>
>>339142083
Depends. If low quality soup means it's basically just broth and lacks vitamins and carbs, one bowl of good soup would be bette.r
>>
>>339142223
Not when you are starving.
>>
File: quick-broth-soup-in-bowl.jpg (269 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
quick-broth-soup-in-bowl.jpg
269 KB, 1280x960
>>339142251
Yes when you are starving, that's the point. A good soup probably has more vegetables and meat than some cheap shit soup.
>>
>>339142150
>No.
Yes.

The Sandship and Ancient Cistern are universally liked.
The Fire Temple and Lanayru Mining Facility are good too.

None stand out as particularly bad.
>>
>>339142410
Sure. But when you are poor and starving and can only afford basic ingredients that you have to make last. Quantity is better than Quality
>>
>>339142542
Fire Sanctuary is pretty boring. Shame because I really love open air dungeons and they blew it with a dungeon made entirely of WATER PUTS OUT FIRE puzzles.
>>
You have been visited by the zelda of no gameplay
>>
>>339142689
Admittedly, I might be a bit bias about the Fire Sanctuary because I like the music quite a lot, but it seemed to be a more combat heavy dungeon with less emphasis on the puzzles besides those shitty water ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg27C94eCyE
>>
>>339142707
What is even your point?
>>
File: Image_309.png (1 MB, 942x533) Image search: [Google]
Image_309.png
1 MB, 942x533
Can't wait for
CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP for a good accumulated 15 hours on end.
>>
>>339142689
>>339142836
Isn't this the dungeon where you have to save those ugly mole tribe things which are randomly stuck in illogical, stupid traps?
>>
>>339142930
The picture in OP alone shows more density and unique constructions in the background than the entire world of MGS5, though. And there most definitely will be a good fast travel system and climbing/floating.
>>
File: Smash Fox.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Smash Fox.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>339142930
for a good accumulated 200 hours.
>>
File: 27889-19-2jpg-png.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
27889-19-2jpg-png.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>339142542
I thought all of Lanayru was pretty much brilliant craftsmanship.

Faron and Eldin were forgettable.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 600x445
>>339140802
>implying link wasn't always a faggot
>>
>>339143229
Agreed. Lanayru pretty much saved the game from being as bland as it could have been.

It's been said a million times already, but just imagine if the other two areas had the same quality as Lanayru. The game would have been immensely better.
>>
>>339139520
When will the reveal Link's true design instead of his starting outfit.
>>
>>339143229
Second and third areas of Lanaryu yes (Technically Faron has four areas but Lake Floria is pure shit). The first part after the underground bit however.

>Quicksand everywhere
>Bomb basketball with iffy as shit controls
>The Hermit Crabs

God no
>>
>>339141940
Why so mad though? Is le shigure miyamotos dick stuck in your throat
>>
LBW was terrible because being able to do dungeons in any order lead to there being no difficulty curve (if anything, the game got easier as you went along thanks to steadily acquired equipment), and if Zelda U does the same thing, it will also have no difficulty curve, which will mean it will be a bad action-adventure.

With that said, I'd be fine if there was an order but you could run around the world regardless, but dungeons should at least be designed to be done in order and build off of concepts introduced in each other.
>>
>>339144494
leak pastebin says dungeons aren't non-linear with exceptions or something.
>>
>>339145227
It also said something about hazards such as rocks from a volcanic eruption can 1 bomb you. If that's true then that's a very bold thing for Nintendo to do.

I sure hope that leak is accurate, everything sounded so good.
>>
>>339141338
The controls are 80% of the problem, are you high? They didn't always work, it had a tendency to desync, they drained the battery like a motherfucker, and worst of all, they dumbed the combat down to a dull game of simon says, making every engagement more tedious rather than engaging.

Remove the motion controls, and SS goes from being utter shit to at least decent and playable.
>>
>>339145227
>leak pastebin

Fuck all that.

>>339145573
SS had deathtraps and shit that did that. That's no big deal. What's important is that they actually scale late game enemies to make them threats.
>>
>>339145573
Link to leak pastebin?
>>
>>339139520
What about the combat or dungeons
>>
>>339145717
>SS had deathtraps and shit that did that.
Such as?
>>
File: home_PapaJohns.jpg (88 KB, 940x287) Image search: [Google]
home_PapaJohns.jpg
88 KB, 940x287
>>339139520
EVERY GOD DAMN TIME YOU ASSHOLES HYPE A GAME AND START IMAGINING IT TO BE SOMETHING THAT IT NEVER CLAIMED TO BE AND THEN IT COMES OUT AND ITS NOT THE GAME U IMAGINED IT WAS AND THEN U GET LET DOWN AND THEN SAY ITS SHIT.

STOP. DONT HYPE. DONT WISH.
>>
>>339140524
>They literally played the game in front of a camera
Yeah a few months after this bullshot
>>
File: 1418422004394.webm (3 MB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
1418422004394.webm
3 MB, 550x310
>>339139520
Don't worry OP, someone will find a way to complain AGAIN, like always.
>>
>>339140802>>339144265
>le
I feel like I'm in a YouTube comments section.
This is pretty decent bait.
>>
>>339142542
Funny enough wasn't it Monolith who did all the Lanayru stuff?
>>
>>339139730
I always read people making a big deal of those moans. Then I played TP HD and tried it. Seriously, people got horny for that? Wew. It's tame as fuck. I expected some really sexy moans, not that crap.
>>
>>339146023
>Wild Horses
So, can you tame them, can you kill them for resources?
>>
>>339146128
Yes. And they are helping Aounuma with the worldbuilding and possibly dungeons. The news came out a few months back.
>>
>>339146128
They did?

>>339146554
They are?

Well then, I am pleasantly surprised. I hope by "helping" they mean doing the vast majority of the it if they really were behind Lanayru's design.
>>
>>339146539
Maybe they are some lost horses you should bring back to a village.
Or maybe, like seagulls in WW, you can use them directly to solve puzzles.
>>
>>339139520
Wind Waker would have benefited greatly by having more hidden locations to discover.
>>
>>339146775
It was rushed out of the window, like most GC games in general. All the cut content recycled in TP shows that.
>>
>>339139520
So Skyrim with Ocarinas

Woah. Nintendo finally reached the standard of Oblivion that came out 15 years ago
>>
Okay but when are they going to fix the long-running problems of boring combat and lack of item utility
>>
I can't wait to discover everything the vast overworld has to offer, like 256 chests with 5 rupees in them
>>
Firstly, that's not how you greentext you fucking idiot.
Secondly, I like SS style dungeon-like overworlds. I liked the motion controls too. Unless the Zelda U field is really interesting somehow, it's going to be a step backwards.
>>
>>339146775
The island grid system killed the exploration it otherwise could have had. Imagine searching for hidden islands while navigating rough seas that try to push you away.
>>
>>339147543
>Secondly, I like SS style dungeon-like overworlds.

Fuck you too.
>>
>>339139989
http://www.gengame.net/2014/06/aonuma-zelda-wii-u-trailer-wasnt-just-in-engine-it-was-actually-gameplay/
I don't know why idiots still call it a bullshot. Do you really think it's too nice to be running on a Wii U? It isn't even technically impressive. You can see where the grass stops loading about 50 meters away. It's basic open world geometry, not more advanced than Xenoblade X running on the same system. Cel-shading hides a lot of the faults.
>>
>>339139520
>being hyped for a meme series
>>
>>339147543
The ground was detailed and interesting but they were essentially mini-dungeons in and themselves which would get really tiring if a Zelda style overworld was nothing but that.
>>
>>339147086
>bethesda
>standards
>>
>>339146705
Yeah, here i found an artice related
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/monolith_soft_open_to_helping_get_zelda_wii_u_ready_for_launch
>>
>>339140659
This.
>>
>>339147097
If the pastebin leak is true then they've got you covered.
Someone post it please, i have it on my computer but i'm on mobile
>>
>>339148279
>If the pastebin leak is true
Don't do this to yourself, anon. You know pretty well, deep in your heart, that leak is fake. Please, keep your expectations in check.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.