[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Desert Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: bdo.jpg (183 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bdo.jpg
183 KB, 640x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EeMZHxwZQU

What's your excuse for never liking Black Desert Online, /v/? This guy has it right.. Most people who quit the game still had a fantastic time with it, they just feel the need to somehow justify the fact they lost interest and most of them don't even realize it.

It's not a bad game. Sure, some people have had their fill now, but my med-population server still has thousands of players who absolutely love it and so many people tell me they've never felt the same about an MMO since vanilla WoW came out.

I really don't understand why /v/ hated this game. Did you guys give it an actual chance before deciding it was bad, or do you just decide from the opinions of other anons?

And finally, if you don't like Black Desert, what other games are you playing to fill that sandbox MMO need?
>>
I love this game. Only reason im not playing it RIGHT NOW is because I dont have $30 extra dollars sitting around

God I miss fishing and chasing horses around
>>
No real substance to the combat
https://youtu.be/zoMCrr8fHiA
>>
>>339131596
Pointlessly restricting energy system did it in for me.
>>
>>339131861
Bosses are shit, I agree. Most people agree. Yet strangely when Daum offered tot ake them out (they're not in KR version), the community said not to.

So we only have ourselves to blame.
>>
I just don't have the time for MMOs anymore. Especially when so many are basically single-player RPGs with lobbies. Though if I ever started to play MMOs again, it would be BDO.
>>
Honestly? The complex resource and town management scares me. Though really know little of that, is that part avoidable?
>>
File: 1431333863424.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1431333863424.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>339131596
Gender/character locked classes in an 'RPG'.

How am I supposed to care about my character or its progression if it isn't MY character?

As far this game as an RPG or MMO goes, it's trash.
>>
>>339131596
>What's your excuse for never liking Black Desert Online, /v/?
He gives all the reasons necessary within the first 90 seconds of the video

why ask?
>>
>>339132503
You don't even have to touch it if you don't want to, and it's actually really simple.

Quests give you contribution points, which you use to connect nodes and buy buildings in cities. Buildings can be player housing, bank space/storage, lodging for workers to live and craft stations for workers to craft things.

Nodes are places where you can send workers to collect resources.

You send your workers to nodes, collect resources, then have them craft shit in your workstations. If they get tired, give them beer.

Free money, but it's mostly an automated thing so it's not as good as manually doing things.

>>339132624
While I agree those things suck, I'd say it's unfair to call an entire game trash because of that one minor thing.
>>
Grinding elrics on Uno NA

going from 52-53 this weekend. Trying to get Rum before this event is done.

Bretty fun game i've played every day since launch. Some days i put in 5+ hours.
>>
>>339132759
Does the effectiveness of those towns rely on player population and can they be attacked and destroyed?

If the pay system I'd buy to play I'll probably give it a go.
>>
game runs like shit on capable hardware, bad introduction system, literal oligarchy economy like fucking eve online where you have to play 60 hours a day on 3 characters to make any amount of usable money, gender locked classes, imbalanced classes, etc. Pic related its me
>>
>>339132910
No, but soon they'll release the guild pvp component of the game where guilds can take over towns by attacking castles. Once that happens, that guild can decide on things like marketplace tax in that town, because marketplaces are semi-unique to each in-game world region.
>>
>>339131596
I can't play it because it's region locked
>>
>>339131596
I wish I could still play around with the character gen, that's all
>>
>>339131596
that's a shitty single player game
>>
File: eldevin.jpg (45 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
eldevin.jpg
45 KB, 460x215
I'm playing Eldevin. It's great. It's like old Runescape and vanilla WoW rolled into one. Graphics are shit and not many play, but it's still my love.
>>
>>339131861
Can you name a single game in which world bosses have "real substance"?
>>
>>339134896
Guild Wars 2
Lol.
>>
Love the game. Unfortunately the grind is unreal. Fortunately I played RO for years so I'm used to it. Thankfully getting money is easy as fuck.
>>
>>339131596
>bland mix between sandbox and theme park that doesn't excel in either
>only good feature is the action combat
yeah i wonder why even people who find it enjoyable abandoned it.
>>
>>339131596
bland
>>
>>339135654
>bland

Have you seen how much incredible and interesting detail is in that game? Have you seen the fucking warzone at the anti-troll fortification north of calpheon? Have you seen the Saunil siege southwest of Keplan? Have you looked at how lively the cities are?

The game exudes vibrance, dude.
>>
>>339135654
The grind is ridiculous and the content updates are extremely fast. As mentioned in the video you get overwhelmed by content quick unless you're a literal nolife. I wouldn't call the game bland though, far from it it has an extreme amount of content that makes any other MMO shed a tear. I like it, but I wouldn't recommend it much to a casual or a person that doesn't have too much time to play.
>>
>>339135749
I was actually talking about the mechanics, the game is very well done aesthetically for a korean mmo. Too bad for the gender/age locked classes.
>>
>>339132318
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Instead of removing bosses they should be improved.
>>
>>339131596
>What's your excuse for never liking Black Desert Online, /v/?
This game is fucking shit. Simple
>>
>>339135840
It doesn't really matter when much of the content is poorly done and forgettable, most of the content is either unfinished or very basic, years will pass before any decent form of PVE or PVP other than guild wars. It doesn't really have longevity has a game, it's gonna be something people play from time to time at best. Huge wasted occasion because if they went full sandbox the game would have been literally infinite.
>>
>>339131596
I like the game but the vast amount of time is just too much. Being a functional adult doesn't work well with playing this game in any way.
>>
The world is amazing but the Acc enchanting system completely kills the game for me and that Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skill is whats the most disgusting part about it. Would be completely fine if you could at least use Weapon/Armor Stones to enchant your Accs but nope. You also have hackers and injectors all over the place that get the best kind of gear in a short amount of time and completely shit over you because Gooks can't into programming.

The Top Guilds are all known for being hackers and they still hack around.
>>
BDO isn't the worst thing in the world but far from perfect. Tons of annoying shit about it, most of my gripes come from the sandbox that was initially promised watered down to what it is now.
But the biggest thing is once you get cap - holy shit the amount of time needed is insane. If you just want to fish, tame shit, whatever, then it's great. But if you want to take endgame seriously you need a fuckton of time.
In a lot of ways that's maybe typical of a lot of mmos, but I just don't have the time anymore.
Also really fucking sick of korean shit but that's not really related. I'm ignoring some of the more obvious stuff like restrictive energy, pve being meaningless, gender locked classes, etc.
Still one of the better newer mmos, which says a lot about current mmos.
Hard to take a game seriously when 60% of everyone playing is into ERP. Fucking degenerate filth. I dropped it and went back to UO shards and SWGemu and/or waiting for death.
>>
File: 1453584279305.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1453584279305.gif
2 MB, 384x216
I just got to try BDO with a guest pass. I could hardly play it with my craptop on very low settings. Even when I get a new PC i'm still not sure if i'd want to get it. So far from what I played it seemed good but i'm not sure how long it would be till i'd get sick of the grind.

My friends are trying to get me back into retail wow. I'm getting closer to just jumping back in and it's a game I can actually run farely well so those two reasons alone are good enough for me. We just run battlegrounds and arenas, we have a bit of fun with that.
>>
>>339131596
>it's another single player MMO episode
>>
>>339136597
>>it's another single player MMO episode
It really is. As far as I can tell there's really no reason to party with anyone ever.
>>
Level 56 here, literally just stopped playing because I disconnect too often probably because my shit internet.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SwjiJtJYQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oo33mR-dE

Even OPs vid said he quit

Dead MMO
>>
>>339134896
Demon's Souls
>>
>>339131596
Looks like a great game just hate the Korean payment models

Fuck in game cash stores
>>
>>339131596
I love the game. It's great but there are also crybabies who can't take if they lose something and then calling the game "shit"
>>
So this game's dead? Who would have thought a korean grindfest wouldn't hold up?
>>
File: you dont get to bring kickouts.jpg (16 KB, 301x389) Image search: [Google]
you dont get to bring kickouts.jpg
16 KB, 301x389
This is basically ArcheAge 2.0 with better graphics and more flashy skills

prove me wrong
>>
>>339131596
>paid subs
>>
>>339135749
have you noticed the knights at delphe and the troll fortification are locked in eternal combat and you can do nothing about it?

some sandbox
>>
>>339136665
Faster grind while leveling
Then otherwise world bosses and PvP, bout it.
>>
>>339131596
I would love to try it. I love the lite fantasy scenario and the Roleplay mechanics. Looks like a good mix of theme park and Sandbox.

Only thing i hate is that the coolest costumes are behind a pay wall.
>>
>>339133827
That actually looks pretty good. How many players are there?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.