[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Forest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: The Forest.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Forest.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
Can we have a thread about this game? Been playing the hell out of it lately and holy shit has it come a long way. I'll post a video I made and a screen cap I took. Pretty freaky innawoods game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p0PeakG2_E
>>
>>339126632
>open world
>survival
>early access

how bout no
>>
>>339126672
Eh, the devs are pretty competent. The game is coming along pretty fast now. Updates every 2 weeks that fixes a ton of bugs and adds new features.
>>
>>339126672
>/v/ told me to hate this game. Am I cool yet?
>>
>>339126632
>>
>>339127349
No, I think you'll find common sense is what told him to hate that game.
>>
>INDIE
>SURVIVAL HORROR
>OPEN WORLD
>CRAFTING
>MMO
>EARLY ACCESS
THIS SHIT WROTE ITSELF
>>
>>339127580
>>339127725
This is a thread for people who have played the game, you jaded fucks.
>>
played it basically right as it came out on steam, thought it was fine but pretty shallow what have I missed
>>
>>339127762
>jaded fucks.
Welcome to neo-/v/.
If you wanted a serious discussion you had higher chances at /b/
>>
>>339127762
You might wanna try somewhere else, /v/ only shit talks games they haven't played/ been released yet, then forgets them a week later Any threads that don't conform to this pattern of behaviour, and you can expect to see more retards like these,
>>339127725
>>339126672
>>339127580
>>
>>339126672
Over a year ago when the game first came out on Steam, the dev announced that there would be a pacifist comfy mode with no monsters.
>>
File: 1463894233227.gif (822 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
1463894233227.gif
822 KB, 600x366
>>339126672
>>339127725
Fuck off /v/ so fucking tired of this self induced hatred of games by spew that everything is shit and we all should be depressed with you cause you can't find fun in anything regardless if it's a game or not

how about instead of coming into a thread and screaming "IT'S SHIT!!! AMIRITE GUIS?!?!?" you go post in threads of games you do like

Bet that will amount to a whole total of jack shit you jaded fuck

You've literally allowed yourself to be swayed by others opinions on what you should feel instead of forming your own thoughts and pursuing your own actions

Instead you sit and spout V memes
>>
>>339127762
>>339128008
>>339128139
stop being mad, bro
>>
>>339127580
Dismissing something for buzzwords /v/ told you were bad, is not common sense. it's you being a lowly memester.
>>
>>339127762
I have played the game, it's not that great tbqh
>>
>>339128195
;^)
>>
>>339128041
Well it exist
>>
File: cuuuhrayz.jpg (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cuuuhrayz.jpg
281 KB, 1280x720
Livin' up to the stereotypes.
>>
>>339128214
Care to give any reasons as to why?
>>
>>339128524
>>339127725
>>
>>339128209
And yet instead of bringing any reasons on why this game is actually good you resort to strawmanning

Are they not paying you enough shill?
>>
File: UpsetAnimeThing.png (73 KB, 1433x859) Image search: [Google]
UpsetAnimeThing.png
73 KB, 1433x859
>>339126632
DON'T BOTHER!!

THIS GAME IS SHIT!! I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING IT AND THEY'VE ADDED NOTHING BUT BETTER LOOKING TREE'S AND RACCOONS TO THE GAME!!

Its shit. Ignore those idiots calling you Jaded and what not. Its your typical open world, early access, survival horror scam game that will just die in development limbo and then get rushed into a release claiming its done and what didn't get done were just optional "planned" features that didn't make it into the final game.

DO NOT waste your money.
>>
I got project zomboid and long dark over this. I think i made a good choice
>>
>>339128693
I'm not even talking about this game though. I'm talking about you being a little boy pussy, looking for approval by parroting memes.
>>
ARRRGH. I fucking HATe you /v/. God I fucking HATE you and the way you act the literal worst board on FOR CHAN. Fuck this board fuck this SITE i'm out of here and I'm going to go do something useful with my life like fuck off from here from this shit hole FUCK YOU /v/ If ucking hate you. how does it feel knowing that someone in this world absolutely despises you more than ANYTHing in this entire earth?

I hope your mothers abandon you.
>>
>No arguments against the game past, "Duhh I think, with no substantial evidence, they might stop updating bro!" and "SURVIVAL GAME!? IT'S SHIT DOOD!"

Looks to me like the sperg bandwagon is a rollin' into town.
>>
>>339128584
a game's genre isn't a reason it's bad you moron, if you don't like any of those things, why post in the thread? Or play the game in the first place? Oh, right, you probably haven't.
>>339128693
No one has provided a reason for the game being bad beyond, 'It's open-world survival bro!"
>>
>>339129742
I post in this thread because nobody but you have played it
>>
Is it fun playing alone?
>>
>>339129839
>He thinks I'm OP
>'I liek to shitpost lol'

Pretty pathetic amigo
>>
>>339129880
Best experience. It's fun to turn had off and ship
>>
Played the shit out of it with a friend. Would't have touched it otherwise though, but with a friend, there's always something to do, like designing a new camp or just go into caves.

Haven't played in two months or so. We wer kinda bummed out that they took the bomb guy out after the whiners got their will. That guy was quite a lot of fun.

As all survival games, its getting a bit stale after 100hrs or so, but I guess thats a good amount of hours to get out of 15€
>>
>>339129946
Hey man, at least I'm not you
>>
>>339130142
>You're pathetic
>N-no you!

EPIC
P
I
C
>>
>>339130230
Can't you at least not shitposting in this civil thread? Please
>>
>>339126632
>i played it
you got meme'd on
[]it's actually [spoiler[funfor a couple hours[[/spoiler]]
>>
File: 1461713255881.gif (353 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461713255881.gif
353 KB, 200x200
O-OP here, this isn't the thread I wanted... ;_;
>>
>>339127857
The one person wanting to actually contribute and he's ignored for rampant shitposting... stay golden /v/
>>
>>339130310
So what are the recent additions? I've got this in my steam library and if actual content was added I would definitely take another look at it
>>
>>339126784
You know that will devolve before ever being "released"/abandoned, right?
>>
>>339130448
A ton of bug fixes, caves actually have depth and story and aren't glitch as hell, air has improved drastically, new shut to build and much more.
>>
I'm too scared to go in the caves

Also what's the current situation with the big door at the bottom of the pit?
>>
>>339130586
Alright sounds pretty nice i'll give it another try
>>
I love the game but it's hard to get my full timeworking, ADD friend to play with me. Too pussy to go alone, but I do miss it. I just wish all the areas were in and there was a realistic goal to achieve in one life, like finding the kid. I usually quit out after dying once, just makes it a lot more tense that way.
>>
This game was a surprise to follow, because it seemed good and apparently the devs did consistently kept on adding stuff, but I wanted a finished game, especially because is an horror one and now I wonder if one should get it with the advantage of having stuff added as time goes or wait.
>>
The Forest was pretty fun for a bit, but it was mostly just more of the same earlyaccesssurvival shit I've played dozens of times before. It was also buggy as shit, my friends and I went to explore a cave, and at a certain point, we ended up walking into invisible water, everything went pitch black so we couldn't find the way out and drowned. This was the straw that broke the camel's back and made us never touch it again.
>>
>>339130612
There's literally never anything in th em
>>
RIP forest

it was fun while it lasted
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.