[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is D.Va the worst tank?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: kek.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>lowest DPS of all tanks
>squishiest of all tanks
>has only 1 CC abilitly and it sucks
>utility is significantly shittier than all tanks
>LOS's most healers
>ult is literally the worse in the game; people have all the time in the world to walk away
>most people who play this shitty hero charges into a pack of 6 enemies

why is this shitty hero considered a tank?
>>
You don't know how to use her

>run into the thick of the shit
>Take out a shitter or two
>use your rocketpower to gtfo
>rinse and repeat

The other tanks don't have the mobility she has. Her pistol is surprisingly efficient too.
>>
Stop. Complaining. About. Heroes. You. Suck. At.
>>
she has mobility, and even when people learn how to dodge her explosion, it's still useful for forcing enemies away from points while your team moves in. She also functions as an offense hero if you want to go around behind them taking out Widowmakers and such. She's no worse a tank than Winston.
>>
>>339121836
She's not a tank, same way that Symmetra isn't a support.
>>
None of what you listed is the reason she's shit.

She's shit because she gets hard countered by the S key.

Seriously her guns do fuckall from more than 6 inches away and for whatever reason Blizz decided she should be stuck in place while firing.

You just back up and shoot her. GG D.Va.

Mobility and durability are great but at the end of the day she's a big pink foam bat that does jack shit.
>>
Her defence move can cull ults if you catch them in time.
>>
>>339122186
>mobility

Uhhh Winston?
>>
I kill between 0 to (rarely) two heroes with D.va's ultimate and yet she's my highest winrate at over 75%.

She's a backline disruptor, no one rushes snipers / healers like her, and just the time / efforts they take to deal with you your team can focus on objective / killin stuff.

Her human form is hard to hit and with good dodging (read : spamm jump and left or right) she's pretty hard to kill except for winston or smoe similar shit.

I mostly use her in offense maps tho, she's pretty shit on koth / Def
>>
>>339122864
>She's shit because she gets hard countered by the S key.

So she's good at area denial, like Roadhog.
>>
>>339122926
Only useful if the other team has only one tank or none. he's only good as a defender, I would say similar Reinhardt.
>>
>>339122186
If you want mobility play Winston

until she has her waterguns buffed Winston will outclass her
>>
>>339123092

At least Roadhog can press shift or right click to get some damage. D.Va ain't got shit.
>>
Played in closed beta since last year. Think of her as heavy assault, not a tank. If you act like a flanker (tracer, genji, etc) you'll find a lot more success. Use her insane mobility to get around the back of the enemy team in ways they won't see. Then take healers, snipers, turrets, etc.

Then, when you can't do that and/or your team needs you, fly back in to off-tank. Use your shield and just be a big target for a while.

Be willing to sacrifice your mech to get a kill. It's ALWAYS worth the trade. After a while of practice using her mobility mid-fight, you probably won't even lose it in most 1-on-1s, which is what you should be hunting for.

Once you learn to harass with D. Va, you can start to complain. Which I'll do here - her kit is a little too similar to Winston's, and considering how close she needs to be to deal damage, her slowed movement speed makes her medium at it, at best. She isn't AMAZING at flanking and harass, and she isn't AMAZING at tanking either, which means she needs support in both cases. We may come to realize some broken combos or counters with time, but for now she always feels like a bit of a middling pick.
>>
File: aPqGSxt.png (26 KB, 584x590) Image search: [Google]
aPqGSxt.png
26 KB, 584x590
>>339122874
>mfw no-selling an entire Pharah ult
>>
>>339123210
Overwatch is a teamwork game. You're in it together for the objective, not 'epin frags'
>>
The only thing bad about Dva is her ultimate, they could at least remove the giant warning sign or make it at least do reduced damage through walls instead of nothing
>>
>>339122186
>>339121836
I know she hard counters Reinhart.
>>
>>339122926
I've found that it's easier to deal with snipers and the like as D.VA while Winston is really good at dealing with front line characters.

For instance, on Temple of Anubis it's really easy to get around the enemy team as D.VA. It's doable as Winston but not as easy. Also sniper perches are easier to get to as D.VA and she can knock them off.
>>
>>339123219
Oh, also, be sure to bump people while boosting. It knocks them off-aim and deals damage. On top of that, you can melee at the moment the bump hits, getting some burst damage in before you even have to use your guns.

Plus, you can bump people off ledge then cancel flight before you fall off yourself. So, y'know... do that.
>>
>>339122745

Than what is she (Symmetra)?
>>
>>339123436

The fuck is this even supposed to mean? D.Va is shit at tanking. Her literal job is to flank and kill squishies and she can't fucking kill anything, it's kind of a big problem, retard. If you want to play a tank that's not about the kills you pick Reinhardt. You sure as fuck don't pick D.Va.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>339123595
Not even. She needs to get up in his face, letting him charge her SUPER easy. If she gets caught in the charge (which she almost always will be at that range), her mech is straight gone, and he only needs to swing twice DURING her eject animation to kill her proper.
>>
>>339123805
Not him but I would count her as defense.
>>
>>339124046

Symmetra is literally a textbook definition of a Support character.

The problem is, everyone seems to have some kind of mental defect that changes the word "Support" into "Healer" when they read it.

Now, the game should have a seperate notification for "Support" and "Healer", admittedly. But if your team sees you pick Symm and is too stupid to also pick a healer, you're doomed anyway.
>>
>>339123831
But her shotguns mean that people have to back away from her. Area denial.

1 - 0
>>
>tfw people bitch if you pick any tank besides reinhardt because they think a tank sucks if they don't have a giant easy to understand barrier to block damage
>>
She will probably get buffs. She's never used competitively.
>>
>>339124204

Forcing people to back up 5 feet so they can shoot you to death or you fly away is a complete waste of a player slot.

Denying a chokepoint is far, far more significant than forcing one dude to go "ew D.Va" for a few seconds.

Junkrat is area denial.
Torb is area denial.
Bastion is area denial.
Zarya is (to some extent) area denial.

D.Va is a shitty hero who needs to be able to actually move while firing to be useful. Right now her role is far better filled by a Tracer / Genji.
>>
>>339124183
People think that Sym's only asset is her teleporter and assume she's useless when the objective is close by. personally any cut in travel time is a must and if you can get behind or above the enemy, it's even better.

They also forget that she can give teammates permanent 75hp shields and can devastate with her beam weapons.
>>
Here's how you balance D.Va:

Make her run at normal speed when firing guns.
>>
>>339124656
>Symetra
>75 hp
?
>>
>>339124656
25 shield
>>
>>339124656

Yeah basically everything she does is useful. Her mini turrets are something people HAVE to deal with, her M1 does a FUCKLOAD of damage, M2 goes through shields and penetrates and does great damage, teleporter, free shields for everyone.

Her only real downside is that she's squishy, which means you have to be a smart player and know how and when to use her tools or you just get killed instantly. But a good Symmetra is a HUGE benefit.

But people still need to also pick a fucking healer.
>>
>>339124974
oops. I got mixed up with Torb's shield packs.
>>
>>339124854

Or even just give her guns much much better range. Either one works.
>>
File: Sonic goes to Detroit.png (648 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sonic goes to Detroit.png
648 KB, 1280x720
>>339125070
heh, don't do it again kid or i'll get u banned kid. ur dune here kid. psh
>>
>>339125061
>But people still need to also pick a fucking healer.
Makes me wish more people would realise use Soldier's healing ability more. It's short lived but fast.
>>
>>339125070
>torb
>shield
>>
>>339124854
I think her slowed down movement while firing makes her more interesting, but she definitely needs either a range buff or a damage buff.
>>
>>339125593
Armor. Fuck.
>>
>>339124204
wow thats so much better than if i had just picked any other character and just killed them while denying an area
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.