[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: English_Pokémon_logo.svg.png (209 KB, 2000x736) Image search: [Google]
English_Pokémon_logo.svg.png
209 KB, 2000x736
What went wrong?
>>
You grew up and the games didn't.
>>
Nothing really.
>>
Games have gotten too easy
Even for Pokemon standards
Also the post-game is bare bones
They didn't have the Battle Frontier in ORAS because they knew casuals wouldn't appreciate it
>>
>>339107398
I've never played it as a kid and played it a few months ago for the first time on emulator and here's what went wrong

>Game is piss easy. I literally had 0 problems beating every single Pokemon because enemy Pokemons are always lower lvl.
>It's repetetive as fuck. You do the same thing over and over.
>The game scheme is repetetive and boring. Fight some easy fights against weaker Pokemons, go through a new route while getting annoyed that you have to fight another boring fight every 2 steps, get to a new town, and repeat 20 times
>>
People think they can find enjoyment by following the storyline and fighting npc's instead of battling online, but even the metagame is dead now.
>>
>>339108016
this desu

pokemon has always been pretty easy but lately trainers carry weaker pokemon on them more often and most of them have 3 pokemon or less. I'm not saying each trainer should have full teams of six but having more pokemon on a team mixes shit and forces you to use other team members whether you want to or not. This makes the repetitive nature of pokemon more glaring as you can go though multiple routes without even switching out your first pokemon.

Theyve actually improved when it comes to the variety of mons available on each route but it doesnt matter when every trainer uses shitmons (underleveled shitmons at that).

You can write it all off as it's a kids game but even most kids games arent this piss easy. Isnt Pokemon made for 10 year olds anyway? Most 10 year olds are out there beating "hard" games like dark souls like its nothing. I'm not saying pokemon has to be this extremely challenging rpg but it shouldn't be this easy and boring. Nothings worse than actually being excited to catch and train this cool new mon you just found just for it to be boring repetitive 2-3 turn battles all game.
>>
Gen 6 happened.

B/W and B2/W2 were the apex of the series.

Fuck ORAS for removing the battle Frontier and generally borrowing from Ruby/Saphire rather than Emerald.
>>
>>339111680
well ORAS were remakes of Ruby and Sapphire so technically they didnt remove the battle frontier, they just didnt add it
>>
File: snugemmers.png (110 KB, 910x892) Image search: [Google]
snugemmers.png
110 KB, 910x892
>>339107398

Nothing, they're great. Just finished XY, first pokemon game i've played in 15 years. Had a goddamn blast.
>>
>>339113274
>0.05 has been deposited into your bank account
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 399x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 399x464
>everything after masuda took over
>>
>>339107636
FPBP
>>
>>339107636
t. nostalgia is all that blinds you cuck
>>
>>339107398
they refuse to put pokemon on anything but handhelds
>>
>>339113274
Sleep snug Emmers
>>
>1998-2001 - Pokemon golden years
>2009-2012 - Online/DS modern era - Plat,HGSS,BW,BW2
>2013-2016 - JUST
>>
>>339107398

Nintendo didn't put someone else in charge of the mainseries (like HAL and Genius Sorority)

Pokemon's biggest flaw is that it could be so much better than it actually is, but it will never reach that potential because of Gamefreak. It got close with the Quadruple bypass of Platinum, HGSS, and BW(2) but even those games had their fair share of flaws.

Gamefreak is just an incompetent company.
>>
>>339107398
Gamefreak doesn't improve their games. They include a feature in one iteration and remove it in a next. They release a mediocre design in one generation and then rehash it three more generations.
>>
The TV show
>>
>>339115315
>Gen 4 is good meme

Go back and try to play them today. Good luck not throwing your DS against a wall within an hour.
>>
>windows 95 - generation 1
>windows 98 - generation 2
>windows XP - generation 3
>windows vista - generation 4
>windows 7 - generation 5
>windows 8 - generation 6
>windows 10 - generation 7
>>
>>339107398
(You)
>>
>>339115581
Not everyone has ADHD like you, child.
>>
>>339113103

and HGSS were remakes of Gold and Silver, and they still added the Suicune storyline, compatability with a separate peripheral, E-Speed Dratini, Ruins of Alpha subplot, Female character, etc.

ORAS apologists are seriously the worst. Iv'e never regretted a Pokemon purchase until ORAS, and I bought Pearl, twice.
>>
>>339115581

I did, recently. I enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed them back in the day.
>>
The anime got better. The games didnt.
>>
How would you make a pokemon MMO /v/?
>>
>>339115936
Take a look at pokemmo
Its like pokemon but online, and little girls instead actual pokemons
>>
>>339107398
6th gen
>>
File: image_26.jpg (129 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
image_26.jpg
129 KB, 629x800
>>339115916
>the anime got better
>>
File: face.png (34 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
face.png
34 KB, 175x200
>still playing Pokémon
>>
>>339109641
>>339108016
>Pokeymans games are on systems with passive internet connection nowadays
>When playing the game the game passively samples your poke-roster along with other trainers at various points in the game
>when fighting NPC pokemon trainers in the game world their lineup is actually a simulation of the average lineup an actual player would have at the time they met the NPC, with one exotic pokemon in place of the starter pokemon the players begin with

good idea y/n
>>
>>339107398
Incompetent devs.

It took GF until Generation 6 to create a battle background scene. For the first 17 or so years of the Pokemon series, and some 4-6 handheld system upgrades, the developers could not do better than a flat coloured circle and a paintbrush background, to support the main element (battling) of the series.

GF removes good features every generation because they "want regions to feel unique," as if you cannot make a game memorable any other way. They are lazy.

Pokemon has so much potential and it seems with each new generation GF shits on that some more. I haven't pre ordered Sun/Moon because I didn't forget how half-assed gen 6 was. Pokemon deserves to crash and burn and Masuda needs to go.
>>
>>339115594
Windows 95 -> The one that everyone remembers and loved even though its outdated and lacking a lot
Windows 98 -> Built on Win95 and while not the most remembered, was a welcome addition.
Windows XP - The most solid of all the windows platform. Probably where most people got into using the windows operating system.
Windows Vista - Was a mistake and should have never existed.
Windows 7 - Objectively the best of the windows platforms but people will never admit it because it was too much live Vista and too different from XP
Windows 8 - While it was different from 7, and the changes we got were technically were what some of us were asking for, they werent what we were expecting in all the worst ways
Windows 10 - Windows' attempt to bring together Win 7 and Win 8 because they cant go back to XP
>>
>>339107398
they've had to keep nintendo alive. they had to float their handhelds by releasing 3 crippled versions of 1 game per generation, having to develop for shit nintendo hardware also meant that just now in the year 2016 are we getting a game that looks like it was made in the early 2000's. its really sad.
>>
File: 1458768759494.gif (93 KB, 500x793) Image search: [Google]
1458768759494.gif
93 KB, 500x793
>>339107398
everything gen 4 onwards
>>
go to your containment board you fucking faggot
>>
Hire someone to slap Gamefreak's hands each time they try to remove something that was well received in a previous game.

Add in difficulty settings. Mostly to make up for how retarded NPC battles tend to be with their pokemon being drastically under leveled or not even having all four moves (at late game even).

Also is it too hard to add more robust filters to the GTS? I just want to block anyone asking for a legendary.
>>
>>339107398
Pokemon has failed to expand in any meaningful way. Adding 100+ new pokes every gen is useless as 90% of them are essentially rehashes of older ones. They have never bothered to switch up the story at all. It's always been about collecting gym badges while fighting some weak ass team of shitters trying to change the world.

I would love to see a main series pokemon game where there is an actual plot with gym badge collecting and the pokemon league being a side quest.

They could also switch up the starters for once. Why does it always have to be Fire, Water, and Grass? Mix the fucking formula up for once, it's so simple yet they've never even tried.

I also get that they design these games for kids, but it still really needs an optional "hard" mode since anyone who's played a single pokemon game in their life will encounter absolutely no challenge throughout the entire game. If you've played one, you've beat them all.

I could nitpick about all the features of these games but i'll leave that to everyone else. Really the series needs a complete revamp if it wants to get my, and many others attention back.
>>
>>339107398
The original creator doesn't work anymore.
>>
File: 1463988913166.png (205 KB, 487x414) Image search: [Google]
1463988913166.png
205 KB, 487x414
>>339117164
kys
>>
>>339117042
>Windows XP - The most solid of all the windows platform.
How underage are you? XP was worse than Vista when it came out. Only SP2 was usable.
>>
>>339118301
Literally every operating system has been shit when it came out, get with the times.
>>
>>339118301
You are the fucking cancer, faggotron. Even if you are right, Windows 98 was best until like 2004.
>>
>>339107398
>WE NEED
>MORE
>POKEMON
>>
>>339117042
>>339115594
>Which pokerman was WinME and 2000?
>>
>>339118817
the gamecube ones
>>
>>339113274
Sleep snug Emmers
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.