[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many reviewers not like video games? I mean, I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: polygon-gets-no-doom-code.jpg (59 KB, 600x632) Image search: [Google]
polygon-gets-no-doom-code.jpg
59 KB, 600x632
Why do so many reviewers not like video games?

I mean, I get that people can become dull to entertainment when it becomes their job, but it doesn't seem that vidya reviewers have had enough of games, it seems like they only want games to be increidbly simple and hold their hand so they can get on to better things in their life.

Why are these people in the industry at all and how did it get this way?
>>
they are corporations trying to profit. stop being a dumb sheep and caring what they do or think
>>
>>339100179
They're fucking shitty hipsters who can't play games
>>
>>339100179
because they're bad at them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
>>
>>339100179
>why are people who don't play video games bad at them?

The question answers itself OP.
>>
>bethesda informed polygon that they would not be providing advance copies of the game for review. Their explanation appears below.
What was their explanation?
>>
>>339100179
>it doesn't seem that vidya reviewers have had enough of games, it seems like they only want games to be increidbly simple and hold their hand so they can get on to better things in their life
Same thing
>>
Doom is just too video gamey, almost all you do is gameplay.
>>
>>339100531
https://youtu.be/d3pQ0oO_cDE

Bethesda hires clairvoyants. They tried to spare us.
>>
File: mememoneyman.jpg (105 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
mememoneyman.jpg
105 KB, 507x338
review sites are atarting to be phased out.

why give a prereleased copy to some shit website that only reaches tens of thousands of people when you can give it to a youtuber, who actually like games and they reach millions of people.
>>
File: u.jpe.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
u.jpe.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>339100531
>>
>>339100531
Probably "because you can suck these nuts" but worded differently
>>
>>339100605
>atarting

What?
>>
>>339100445
>>339100603
>>339100510
BUT WHY ARE THEY REVIEWING VIDEO GAMES IS WHAT IM ASKING

I'm bad at sports, I don't get them as well as my peers, but I know I am not cut out to talk about them or work my way into that industry unless I sit my ass down and learn my shit and history.
>>
>>339100765
Because to get a job at Kotaku/Polygon you just need to be able to write clickbait.

No one cares about quality of the articles, just churn out controversy to collect ad revenue.
>>
>>339100759
*starting
>>
>>339100531
Online servers weren't up yet and they wanted reviewers to experience the entire package,
>>
>>339100860
When was the last time you actually went to Kotaku on your own volition
>>
>>339100179
>be a hipster who wants to be a journalist writing about far left politics
>can't make it because market is over saturated
>game "journalism" is sorta booming si get into that
>use that influence to talk about the issues you want while masking it as a game review

Literally shit it is.
>>
>>339100908
For once, I can't believe I'm saying this:

based Bethesda
>>
>>339100908
Why does Doom need online servers
>>
>>339100179
you being dumb enough to pay attention to them
>>
>>339101204
Its got Multiplayer
>>
>>339101204

Because Zenimax is retarded and focused on the shitty multiplayer for 95% of the advertising.
>>
There are a million reasons why journalism is so shit.

-Clickbait is the only way to stay profitable. Adblock use is surging, gamers are moving over to YT & Twitch streaming. That's why sites like Polygon hire retards like Arthur Gies and Ben Kuchera instead of legit gamers - they can't compete.

-Game devs don't want people with high standards reviewing games. They want the retards. They are easier to please. You can just throw a black dude in a game to get points from Polygon. Whereas a guy like TB demands high frame rate, high performance, etc. Of course, I don't think anybody wants reviewers to be _THIS_ retarded.

-A ton of these sites are based in San Fran/Bay Area, which is full of hipster faggots who take themselves way too seriously. Everybody over there thinks they are saving the fucking world with their whiny blogging.

-SJW cliques naturally ostracize and blacklist those that don't care about or reject social justice. You always end up with a hivemind of these idiots. They are so intolerant and have their heads so far up their asses that they refuse to associate with anyone who disagrees with them. People who actually care about games are not welcome.
>>
File: scan_062.jpg (578 KB, 1221x1600) Image search: [Google]
scan_062.jpg
578 KB, 1221x1600
>>339100179
>Why are these people in the industry at all and how did it get this way?

Factual and short answer:
They couldn't get a job as actual journalists
>>
>>339101326
>playing vs. repetitive AI
>or dynamic players
Why wouldn't they
>>
>>339100179
>Why do so many reviewers not like video games?
Because nowadays professional reviews are not about the product, they are all about the reviewer.
This is why user reviews and aggregation sites are so popular nowadays.
>>
>>339100179
Most of the fuckers latched onto the SJW train because they get hits that way.

Little do they know, SJWs only like reading about shit to get mad over and they don't care much for anything else. That includes actually playing video games.
>>
>>339100765
Because it's the newest place for them to easily push whatever their ultimate agenda is. Also a lot of failed journalists that like to pretend they are professionals on any level.
>>
>>339101549
Because Unreal and Quake exist
>>
>>339100765

Maybe because originally they were one of those people who thought "oh man, getting paid to play videogames all day would be awesome!" and when they got that job, they realized that it sucks all enjoyment and fun out of games when they're forced to rush through a new release to get the review or article out on time.
>>
>>339101707
Barely
>>
>>339101518
How? Journliasts dont do shit except suck politicans dicks. Its literally the easiest job to get, expecially if you're a woman.
>>
>>339100765
Ben Kuchera said something like "it's either video game journalist or WalMart greeter." If these people can't even play fucking Doom, how bad do you think they are at everything else in life?

I hate movies, but if I had to pick between being a movie reviewer or fast food/retail worker, I'd easily pick the reviewing job.
>>
>>339101729
UT4's in alpha and free, i wouldn't call that "barely"
>>
>>339101723
>journalists
>completing games
>covering any game in any depth

>>339101805
Not sure he was criticizing the price.
>>
>>339100445
wow. i imagine that's what it would look like if my mom was playing.
>>
>>339100936
Every time you open the /v/ catalog their latest article is being viraled. You don't need to frequent the site to know that it's cancerous.
>>
Imagine becoming a game journalist when you were in your early 20s.

Imagine having the exact same position for a decade. Almost no salary increases. you're 35 and barely making more than you did at age 22.

Imagine getting no respect from anyone outside your industry, then watching respect from your industry bleed away over the years.

Imagine your career having no skills that apply to other careers. Imagine your job not allowing you to network in any way. Imagine it being a total, complete dead end.

Imagine not even liking video games anymore, but since you have worthless experience and a BA in english, you literally cannot get another job.

And imagine even being on the cusp of losing that, as fat limeys and literal basement dwellers on youtube keep eating your lunch. Imagine writing about video games for a decade and being basically impoverished, and seeing a fat brit ramble on youtube and make six digits a year.

That's what being a game journalist is like. Is it any wonder they're angry, hateful and pathetic?
>>
File: kotaku01.png (432 KB, 646x615) Image search: [Google]
kotaku01.png
432 KB, 646x615
>>339101938
Oh please, i also do it on occasion when a particularly amusing one comes along which is like 1 out of 30-50
>>
>>339101746
Yeah, thats how fucking autistic they are.
>>
File: average videogames journalist.png (371 KB, 521x426) Image search: [Google]
average videogames journalist.png
371 KB, 521x426
>>339101746
Yeah, and they couldn't even manage to do that

Can you imagine being stuck writing about something you hate, while your peers are having fun sucking politician dick and manufacturing the latest dindu nuffin controversy?
>>
>>339102042
Game journalists are probably paid really well. Wage increases are a meme if there's satisfaction.
>>
>>339101746
Journalism takes a degree.

Games journalism doesnt.
>>
>>339102221
>Game journalists are probably paid really well.

Patricia Hernandez was literally living in Anna Anthropy's house.

>Wage increases are a meme if there's satisfaction.
wot
>>
>>339102042
>Imagine getting no respect from anyone outside your industry
Then I would write the best articles and earn it.

>Imagine your career having no skills that apply to other careers
Writing well also produces storytelling skills, which is really beneficial for social lubrication.

>Imagine your job not allowing you to network in any way.
Hm? They get to go to a bunch of gaming conventions.

>etc., etc.
IDK, it's not as if the first points were valid. The latter probably aren't as well.
>>
>>339102295
Anon says that it doesn't matter if you get paid literal beans as long as you enjoy your job.

Clearly he's a teenager or a braindead adult.
>>
>>339102673
>literal beans is satisfaction
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.