[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is piracy finally dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Denuvo_logo.png (23 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Denuvo_logo.png
23 KB, 620x320
>>
Fun fact: I never bothered with denuvo protected games anyway. Maybe the new tomb raider for a quick fap but that would be it.
I guess the real interesting games would be cracked though? Pretty much all by now are not
>>
>>339080063
I love how pirates go all "WELL I NEVER LIKED THOSE GAMES ANYWAY".

Thats fine, you don't want to pay for games, then you don't get them. I hope every game will have Denuvo.
>>
>>339081682
>El buthurt

Maybe thats the best solution though. All games are so shit its just sad to play games nowadays
>>
File: akarin schellen.gif (523 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
akarin schellen.gif
523 KB, 450x253
>>339081682
It's the truth tho. Almost all Denuvo protected games were mediocre.

Btw Denuvo will get eventually get cracked. It even says so on their website. It's a waiting game.
>>
>>339082517

MGSV had denuvo and that got cracked in less than a week. That's what happens when people are actually interested in a game.
>>
>>339079954
There's still no game behind it I give a crap about and then there's also the whole Russian $2 bypass anyway
>>
>tfw never actually played a game Ive pirated except for emulated ones
>games I actually want to play enough to ever start up I just buy

Apathetic towards Denuvo
>>
File: Frog_nooooo.jpg (34 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
Frog_nooooo.jpg
34 KB, 350x464
>>339082625
Imagine DS3 having Denuvo. It would have been cracked in no time, right?
>>
>>339079954
piracy has been dead since the advent of steam sales and keysites. drm is utterly irrelevant.
>>
>>339082625

>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'll still post my retarded opinion
>>
>>339082631
>$2 bypass anyway
I got Doom for $2
Was worth it, will probably pick it up during a Steam sale too
Only worthwhile Denuvo game yet, tbqh, I wouldn't even pay $1 for the rest of them
>>
File: 1396401739983.jpg (10 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1396401739983.jpg
10 KB, 275x200
>>339079954
No, but the balance might become better. There's still massive amounts of stuff to pirate and always will be, and even Denuvo games will get cracked eventually if there is enough interest. But rather then it even being in a few months, let alone weeks, it'll be more like 6-12+.

Result is that people who are genuinely poor and really weren't ever going to buy games period will just get something else or wait. They'll still pirate, because that's their only option. But lying fags who claim "oh I only pirate because it's bad" or other bullshit but do want to play stuff when it's new will be forced to choose. And that's really all the companies are after anyway, which is why prices drop by 75-90% within a few years on most titles. They know there is a sharp curve and that after that they're competing with piracy/other old stuff. They just want to maximize the initial hump, same as a lot of typical movie profit comes in the first few weeks.

I personally won't get Denuvo games anymore then other DRM because it fucks with my experience and screws up serious modding, which to me is part of the point. I still buy though, I just do it on GOG or whatever. How much AAA stuff gets released DRM-free will thus purely become a function of how much success is seen on GOG and similar. I think it'll be interesting to see how really serious DRM affects economics vs DRM-free. I'd like to believe most people are like me but I know they aren't. On the other hand Denuvo itself isn't free, so there's another economic equation there too.
>>
>>339079954
Total War is shit.
>>
>>339082625
thanks for proving you have no fucking clue about any of this shit
it used an earlier version of the drm that had a garbage security hole on it, it already got patched along with the other 3-4 holes

if you could get past the online activation once, then you could actually play the game for 2 months without getting cucked by denuvo again

you can go to antidenuvo, get a one time activation for $2-$4 and play the game you bought for 2 months

or get 4 friends, buy games with indian vpn (where games cost 80% less than in murrica or yurop) on an indian dummy account, and family share, then modify the cache so all 5 can play the same game at the same time

-thats basically how me and my friends got witcher 3 + expansion pack for $5 each-
>>
>>339079954

>>339072578

Keep your dumb shitposting in one thread.
>>
Why are people defending a piece of shit DRM that will likely increase the price of games over time? It costs like 50 million to include this shit in your game, of course this will end badly eventually, and if you defend it you're a fucking shill.
>>
>>339079954
I sure fucking hope so, fucking over privileged wastes of space kids these days. I had to get a job when I was 12 to buy videogames.

I had a friend who got everything served to him. Didn't have to do shit, his parents payed for everything. He lived with his parents til he was 28 and he's an absolute nobody these days.

Denuvo is saving kid's lifes.
>>
>>339079954
No, that would imply the only thing people pirate are video games
>>
>>339079954
Omg shill fuck off already.
>>
wtf are those denuvo shill threads lately

fuck off you DRM praising neo-v faggots
>>
>>339079954
Nah, honestly pirates will just play something else. You get those shitloads of games that are already cracked, F2P games and roms.

The thing is that most cracking teams gave up out of laziness or just disinterest since Denuvo randomizes itself. Don't remember if it's every 2 months or every copy. Once you get the source code either by super ebin hax magic or some greedy employee it's over, then someone else will make their own DRM and the same story repeats. Hell, you can already pay two bucks for a $60 game.

Just imagine music having DRM, shit would get cracked in a day. But hey, you can't DRM shit from the past. It's more of a middle finger from angry companies rather than an investment.
>>
>>339084359
>Nah, honestly pirates will just play something else.
No, see >>339083025. Piracy has always been a mix of non-economic, necessity economic, and simple economic. The first would be people who pirate because they're rabid collectors or just for the thrill or challenge, and the second are people who literally cannot pay full price. But there are also definitely people who pirate who could absolutely pay but don't feel like paying, the same kind of person who'd steal anything else if they thought they could get away with it.

Companies care mostly about that 3rd group, that's where the money is. If they cannot pirate in the first few months when all their bros are playing, they may well just buy. So to your second point, DRM only needs to be good for 6 months or so as far as devs are concerned and after that it doesn't even matter (and in fact many devs just remove it later so that they don't have to deal with maintenance). Those who can or must wait will get it cheap/free, but they'd get sales anyway, and those who can't will pay.
>>
>>339079954
It also prevents modding so no
>>
>>339083089
Why don't you just buy the game faget
>>
>>339079954
If a game has denuvo, it means it won't have mods.

0 mods = 0 dollars spent

Seriously, what the hell is the point
>>
>>339083328
I know people with jobs that have no lives and no friends either.

Denuvo does nothing to fix the "nobody" problem.
>>
>>339086727
I tend to find that the ones without jobs or only working part time tend to have better lives than people working full time. They just have more time to do shit that they want and in my book that's a better life than wasting away at a desk answering calls all day every day.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.