[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadows of mordor is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 1400711157001.png (228 KB, 327x321) Image search: [Google]
1400711157001.png
228 KB, 327x321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU

Why was this game critically acclaimed, again?
>>
File: 1440185667072.png (39 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1440185667072.png
39 KB, 200x194
fucking normies dont want a challenge
>>
I mean I liked the whole orc tamagotchi aspect but meh it was pretty un fun in all other aspects
>>
>>339080268
But there is no challenge to the game at all when you're never in any danger.
>>
It was fun before you got the upgrades that made you invincible which happened too fast.
>>
I thought the game was terrible honestly. Tried to play through it twice but could never get past 2 hours each time.
>>
File: senapi.jpg (1018 KB, 2241x3984) Image search: [Google]
senapi.jpg
1018 KB, 2241x3984
Who /YEE/ here?
>>
>>339078750
Just play on Hard Mode.

Surely a AAA game with a huge budget like this has a Hard Mode.
>>
>>339081117
The guy in the video was playing on the hardest difficulty.
>>
I literally just beat this game 3 days ago, and I never had any problem completing any missions. The combat is straight out Batman. Maybe you fucked up your upgrades, but they give you 3 different insta-kill moves, plus you can knock your combat bonus to 5 instead of eight and get it in two well timed hits. The game is piss easy if you take your time, Don't just rush into the bases, use your range and stealth before opening up on groups, and learn to execute the harder targets like berserkers or defenders or brand them. Literally the problem is you, not the game, and I hope someday it gets a sequel.
>>
>>339078750
Orks were charming and nemesis system was neat if a little underdeveloped.
>>
Fuck you, I liked it. The nemesis system was rad.
>>
>>339078750
Except you can't beat the game by only playing like that.
>>
>>339081286
the problem is not that its too hard, its that its too easy.
>>
>>339078750
Is he playing on easy and complaining about difficulty?
>stronghold is supposed to be the hardest part of thr game
What? No.
Why isn't he fighting a commander general whobis immune to physical and magic damage who can only be defeated by an ambush? Right, he constantly ran away and rushed the story and complains about how easy it is.
>no wargs, no multiple archers, no multiple arch nemesis commanders
>this is thr hardest part of the game
Lmao
>>
I tried playing it a couple of times and I have to agree, I found the world very bland and boring too.
>>
>Mfw people say Shadow of Mordor is easy because "muh AAA gaming shitposting"
I fucking dare you to just waltz in an Urk stronghold. Them niggas will swarm you faster than neckbeards trying to talk to Scarlett Johansson.
>>
I'm getting DSP vibes from watching this guy, even though he's basically the opposite of DSP.
>>
>>339082361
does it matter though? You can just spam space bar
>>
>>339082494
Yeah, you're full of shit.
>>
>>339082361
All you have to do to survive is to spam space though. Wow so scurry.
>>
destiny has to be the biggest retard who unfortunately got a microphone and started streaming his views on the world.

the recent video where he talks about physics and weight/mass was the last straw for me
>>
>>339078750
Why does his jaw spaz out to the left all the time?
>>
What year is this??

HELLO?
>>
>Game "critics"
>>
>>339082494
>>339082568
Aren't the animations for attacks leaving the character open though? Like, he can survive, but that doesn't get him anywhere.
>>
>>339082665
What about the video?
Because the scale would show the same weight.
>>
>>339082967
Yep. Yes, you can counter, but it only takes one Urk to bean you in the head while you're countering. Don't get me started on the commanders who are immune to physical attacks.
>>
>>339078750
>Why was this game critically acclaimed, again?
Reviewers are casuals, what else is new?
>>
File: y.jpg (368 KB, 1239x632) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
368 KB, 1239x632
>>339078750
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>339083165
the witcher 3 doesn't have a spammable execute button, and you can't roll over people or their shields shields.

>I had proof, but now I don't have proof
because it never happened
nice bait though
>>
>>339078750
Only one difficulty setting kills it dead.
It was decently fun the first time though.
>>
The combat was simple and it was far too easy to survive huge swarms of enemies, but the nemesis system shines bright enough to make the game enjoyable plus the orcs were cool.
>>
File: 1462081267618.jpg (67 KB, 649x638) Image search: [Google]
1462081267618.jpg
67 KB, 649x638
Jesus man of course the combat is easy, just like it's easy in the Batman Arkham games, or Assassin's Creed. This is not the type of game that challenges you as part of the appeal like Ninja Gaiden or something, this game expects you to be capable of immersion, which you should be in every game you play.

I think if you judge video games solely on their difficulty you picked the wrong hobby.
>>
>>339078750
2014 was a shit year for AAA games
>>
What if you play it on the hardest mode? I honestly think it looks fun and sort of mindless on ps4
>>
>>339084192
How is it supposed to be more challenging but fair without overhauling the gameplay?
>>
File: stone cold steve australian.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
stone cold steve australian.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>339084192
>the system that does nothing because you can't actually die due to how easy the game is is amazing
>>
Having to track down your controlled uruk commanders to give them commands was dumb and should have been handled in the menu showing all the captains.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.