[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone buy a physical copy of a PS1 game for the Square Enix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: ss+(2016-05-27+at+04.52.25).jpg (166 KB, 844x567) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-27+at+04.52.25).jpg
166 KB, 844x567
Anyone buy a physical copy of a PS1 game for the Square Enix online store? What kind of case do they come in?
>>
>>339076998
They are all the Greatest Hits version.
>>
>>339076998
>need to register just to see your cart price

DROPPED
>>
>>339076998
>dads and grads
What did they mean by this?
>>
If you're playing these on PS3 make sure to create a digital memory card first because it won't let you do so in game. Just make like 5 virtual memory cards as a general precaution because fuck if I'm gonna remember PS1 memory block sizes again.
>>
>>339079464
Dads because Father's Day is in a few weeks and grads because it is high school and college graduation time. How fucking stupid are you? Or do you just enjoy spamming played out memes?
>>
>>339076998
it fucking says right there you daft cunt
>>
File: 783_front.jpg (46 KB, 640x551) Image search: [Google]
783_front.jpg
46 KB, 640x551
Why would they do this
>>
>>339079893
Nah, man. CC doesn't say GH but that is the only ones they have. I bought Dead Island and it didn't say Greatest Hits in the description, but that was the version I got.
>>
>>339080053
because who the fuck cares about?
>>
File: ac04greatesthits.jpg (148 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
ac04greatesthits.jpg
148 KB, 640x905
>>339080192
Collectors, who are a large part of the target audience for physical copies.

At least the PS2 Greatest Hits was a much more tolerable red instead of that ugly-as-fuck green, but it's still kind of annoying.

Still, I think there are sites where you can download the original covers so you can print them out and replace the Greatest Hits thing with the original art, so it's not an insurmountable problem. Although it's probably kind of hard to do it for those cases that FFVII and other multi-disc games came in.
>>
>>339080053
>mfw [Game I want] finally reaches $30 or less
>It has a Greatest Hit/Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects/Platinum Hits logo on it

oh well
>>
>>339080665
For me, I doesn't bother me.
As long as my able to get the game at a reasonably low price, I'm all good.
>>
>>339079464
Because it's the father of all grads
>>
File: FFVII_PAL_Platinum_Cover.jpg (27 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_PAL_Platinum_Cover.jpg
27 KB, 500x425
>>339080665
PAL platinum covers aren't that bad either
>>
>>339081148
Yeah, that's actually pretty stylish. It gets the "Greatest Hits" concept across without making it look ugly.
>>
>>339080192

Anybody who would go out of their way to buy a physical copy or a PSX game in 2016, probably.
>>
>>339076998

I had FF Chronicles back in the day. Is FF8 on sale too?
>>
okay niggers, i know that this question triggers (hah) a lot of people, but is Chrono Cross worth buying?
>>
Why did they even do that "Greatest Hits" shit anyway? No one asked for it, and no one liked it. I guess it was just to maybe make a quick buck off of people buying games as gifts but who don't know anything about them, so they see "Greatest Hits" and think "Oh, I can't go wrong with this!" Of course, you could have accomplished the same thing with a sticker or something on the shrinkwrap.
>>
>>339076998

GRAND DAD
>>
>>339082212
Hell yes. Just make sure you get the good ending. All you need to do is beat the final boss in a specific way(not hard). I'm convinced everyone failed to do this and has no idea about the actual ending.

Beyond story, it has beautiful graphics, the best OST of all time, and fun gameplay with loads of over the top magic.

It became a trend to hate on this game out of nowhere. Before that it was very highly regarded, by publications and fans alike. It is one of the highest rated PS1 games.
>>
>>339082638
>Of course, you could have accomplished the same thing with a sticker or something on the shrinkwrap.

This, that would have been the absolute perfect solution, simply print out the normal "greatest hits" label and put it as a paper inside the shrinkwrap. So many beautiful cover arts ruined by shitty "greatest hits" bullshit.
>>
>>339082212
God no
>>
>>339082212
Emulate it first
Like it? Buy it
Don't like it? don't buy it.
I like it, so I got it.
>>
>>339082964
You'd probably even save a bit of money on ink, since you only have to print a single color and some text instead of the entire cover art.
>>
>>339082928
>beautiful graphics
There's certainly no denying that. I still love watching the intro movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=923fVDDwaHo

As for the game itself, though, I never actually finished it. From what I saw, it looked like there were so many characters that they couldn't possibly have been able to give them much depth, but maybe I was wrong.
>>
>>339082638
>I guess it was just to maybe make a quick buck off of people buying games as gifts but who don't know anything about them, so they see "Greatest Hits" and think "Oh, I can't go wrong with this!"
Even that might not have been a good reason, since the games that got the Greatest Hits labels were so well-known that even non-gamers had probably heard of most of them.
>>
Collecting games is half the fun for me. I just feel unsatisfied with a purely digital game.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.