[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the fist person shooters that inspired each Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: heroes.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
446 KB, 1920x1080
What are the fist person shooters that inspired each Overwatch hero?

From what I can tell:

Offense
Genji - Shadow Warrior
McCree - Call of Juarez
Pharah - Unreal Tournament
Reaper - ???
Soldier 76: Call of Duty/Halo
Tracer: Quake

Defense:
Bastion - Hawken
Hanzo - Far Cry 3/4's Bow
Junkrat - TF2's Demoman
Mei - ???
Torbjorn - TF2's Engineer
Windowmaker - Sniper in any game

Tank:
D.Va - Titanfall
Reinhardt - ???
Roadhog - ???
Winston - Quake
Zarya - TF2's Heavy

Support:
Lucio - ???
Mercy - TF2's Medic
Symmetra - Portal
Zenyatta - ???

Feel free to fill in the blanks and correct any I'm wrong about.
>>
>>339064070
You can't be this stupid
>>
>>339064467
Did I get a lot wrong?
>>
>>339064070
>Tracer: Quake

becuz she gos fast xd
>>
>>339064070
Mei is Pyro, but probably unrecognizable because she is overpowered with utility while he has none.

Roadhog is just Pudge from Dota

How is Bastion Hawken?

How is Tracer Quake?

Also I feel like Hanzo is specifically TF2 sniper crossbow because of how similar the style of spam sniping it encourages. You just spam the shots as fast as you can and You two shot most people just out of good odds and low tick rate.

I agree with everything else though good eye.
>>
>>339064070
>>339065223
If anything I would say tracer was inspired by that one fps game last gen where you could go back in time a few seconds or whatever I forget what it was called as it was only meh aside from that mechanic.
>>
>>339064070
Lucio - Jet Set Radio
>>
>>339065223
>>339065403
>>339065494
In hindsight I was wrong about Tracer, maybe Timeshift?

Although it's probably too obscure to be a source of inspiration.
>>
File: 1464296585588.jpg (191 KB, 447x429) Image search: [Google]
1464296585588.jpg
191 KB, 447x429
>>339064717
Yes, you wasted your time with this post and I'm sorry. Here's another (you) to make you feel better.
>>
>>339065620
>wasted your time with this post

I can't find info on this shit anywhere online and I would really like to know.
>>
Offense
Genji - TF2 Melee Demoman
McCree - CSGO Deagle
Pharah - Unreal Tournament
Reaper - ???
Soldier 76: Call of Duty
Tracer: TF2 Scout

Defense:
Bastion - TF2 Heavy
Hanzo - TF2 Bow Sniper
Junkrat - TF2's Demoman
Mei - ???
Torbjorn - TF2's Engineer
Windowmaker - Sniper in any game

Tank: actually pretty unique characters

Support:
Lucio - Jet Set Radio
Mercy - TF2's Medic
Symmetra - Portal
Zenyatta - ???
>>
>>339065703
It is an interesting thread and not just shitposting so it's good in my opinion op. One of the only decent threads up at the moment.
>>
Now people see that this game is crap
>>
>>339065752
>Bastion - TF2 Heavy
He's more like the obligatory helicopter level in every modern FPS
You know the one
>Hanzo - TF2 Bow Sniper
>Genji - TF2 Melee demoman
These aren't even close to comparable
>>
many are basically rehashes of tf2
>>
>>339064070
>Reaper
>not inspired by Columbine

Seriously?
>>
>>339065979
i agree with you on the helicopter bastion thing, and on the genji thing as I thought shadow warrior was pretty accurate, but hanzo is absolutely just a lucksman sniper. it was even a popular thing for sniper to have a upwards wallrun/ ledgegrab on some modded tf2 servers. the only thing they really added was a spreadshot thing for him as sniper already had tracer bullets in the deus ex gun.
>>
Pharah - Solider Tf2
>>
File: foorish samurai.jpg (385 KB, 999x758) Image search: [Google]
foorish samurai.jpg
385 KB, 999x758
>>339066162
he is inspired by Norden Portant the protag of hatred.
>>
>>339066236
I don't know, I feel like it's silly just because I don't want to believe TF2 is the only recent game in which a bow is used as a weapon.
Like the Junkrat =Demoman and Mercy = Medic comparisons are pretty clear, but Hanzo = huntsman just because they both use a bow seems cheap.
>>
>>339064070
>Hanzo - Far Cry 3/4's Bow
He's clearly based on a huntsman sniper from TF2
>>
>>339066468
both are bows which rely very strongly on aim assist or low tick rates or hitscan or whatever have you. Both are basically hard to miss with high damage things you can spam and don't really have to aim at all to be extremely effective with. I didn't play sniper much in tf2, but on occasion I would switch to him and he could just wipe an enemy team by spamming auto locking headshot death at them. In my opinion sniper was fine in tf2 also and probably one of the most properly balanced classes in the game though so I am not trying to start that shit. just saying hanzo is basically the exact same, extremely entry level low skill ceiling sniper with very high potential to be devastating to the enemy team even if you don't know how to aim properly.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.